Conquer Club

I Leave CC This Week

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: I Leave CC This Week

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Tue May 26, 2020 9:43 pm

General Quigley wrote:Many here at CC with no life or means of obtaining respect otherwise make a Conquer Club rating their be- and end-all. You, no doubt, number among them.

End-all-be-all to what? Life? I don't understand the point you're trying to make, as a consistent high CC ranking shows that that person understands strategy and is usually a bright person. Some people take CC ranking very seriously (sometimes to their detriment) and play a lot of games. Some people are ranked very high and are very respected and play only a few games because this is their hobby. Some people like this site so much that they actively contribute to the community. I don't think it's fair to make a blanket statement like that.

General Quigley wrote:Overrated twits like you would seldom but occasionally (and to my surprise) enter a random nuclear game I originated. They were usually excreted fairly quickly, and I would never see them again in a nuke game. No, they weren't targeted. They, like you, just didn't know how to handle being in a fair, wide open brawl of a game. And they couldn't conceive of any other strategy than pile and wait, which doesn't work particularly well in most nuke games. That I have a 17% win ratio, but a relatively high rating in the wide open brawls of games I prefer, ones in which I take on all comers all the time should indicate something to you, and would if you had any intelligence or concept of sportsmanship. That it doesn't comes as no surprise to me whatsoever.

They could be going for Random Map victories to get the Random Medal?

General Quigley wrote:I judge there to be nothing more to gain from reading this thread and have no desire to disseminate unappreciated wisdom further. Ignorance always gets the last word. So have yours.

It seems you are pretty stuck on leaving the site, so I would like to address your initial post, since I'm late to the party here. Polymorphic games are the escape you need in order to play team games where you control all the players on one team. However, I feel that there is something else that is making you leave the site, because to solve your problem, one would just, you know, play the polymorphic games? Maybe you just don't find CC enjoyable anymore. Is there another reason besides just diplomacy in multiplayer games or team games?

YukFoo wrote:
berlin1945 wrote:I'm leaving soon too. The dice are just too mercurial. Up down, up down, up down, up down.

Me too. Shitty dice. I will play at other dice maps sites where the dice are more stable. But I think it will take me a few weeks yet to wind down my games.

I would also like to address the dice-randomness argument here. The dice are streaky due to the algorithm that runs the random dice. It is impossible to get true "random" dice that you would otherwise find whilst playing Risk table-top, because the random dice algorithm is only trying to replicate true randomness. The dice complaint's should be more directed towards what algorithm/what company CC chooses to use. Alternatively, I don't see anyone questioning other things about the dice system used, like how total lag-time plays a factor in the algorithm or the load that is put into the algorithm. Ever notice that you get slightly better dice if you DON'T auto assault, especially with stacks under 10-15 troops?
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby Donelladan on Wed May 27, 2020 3:33 am

https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/polymorphic :shock:

We should stop wasting words, he won't listen anyway, pure waste of time to talk to that guy.
Leave or stay, make no difference to me.
I just wish I face him in a game because he'll probably be easy to beat. 100% sure he is right in his every move thus unable to improve ever.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby Extreme Ways on Wed May 27, 2020 3:52 am

There are tons of ranked 2500- that I highly respect as a skilled players. There are also players, but way fewer, of 2000- players that I respect as skilled players. These players are the rank they are due to the games they play or the opponents they play.

You are not one of them and you have the arrogance like you'd farm your way up to 3500 with the push of a button. Get honest with yourself, acknowledge that you're not as great as you think you are and focus on improving yourself. If you don't want to deal with diplomacy, learn how to play against diplomatic opponents. Learn how to use gunboat diplomacy without formal agreements, get your ass whooped in poly games and perhaps try to join a clan to get responsible teammates.
REP, ex-TOFU, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
Brigadier Extreme Ways

Postby ConfederateSS on Wed May 27, 2020 4:51 am

Donelladan wrote:https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/polymorphic :shock:

We should stop wasting words, he won't listen anyway, pure waste of time to talk to that guy.
Leave or stay, make no difference to me.
I just wish I face him in a game because he'll probably be easy to beat. 100% sure he is right in his every move thus unable to improve ever.

------------You don't have to wish....Help Hopalong with the pantry....GQ ...has games that need filling... :D ... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)
Major ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby 2dimes on Wed May 27, 2020 9:48 am

Maybe he will come back and play you later Donelledan, if he notices they billed him for his automatically recurring subscription.

I don't think he turned it off like I told him to on page one there.
Private 1st Class 2dimes

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Wed May 27, 2020 11:21 am

I see you have won 50% of your games and have a chess King's emblem to denote your rank. You probably believe you are due veneration for your skill and intelligence and receive such from sycophantic twits. Helicopter hunters no doubt rank 100% against polar bears. Is that your speed? Many here at CC with no life or means of obtaining respect otherwise make a Conquer Club rating their be- and end-all. You, no doubt, number among them.

Overrated twits like you would seldom but occasionally (and to my surprise) enter a random nuclear game I originated. They were usually excreted fairly quickly, and I would never see them again in a nuke game. No, they weren't targeted. They, like you, just didn't know how to handle being in a fair, wide open brawl of a game. And they couldn't conceive of any other strategy than pile and wait, which doesn't work particularly well in most nuke games. That I have a 17% win ratio, but a relatively high rating in the wide open brawls of games I prefer, ones in which I take on all comers all the time should indicate something to you, and would if you had any intelligence or concept of sportsmanship. That it doesn't comes as no surprise to me whatsoever.

I judge there to be nothing more to gain from reading this thread and have no desire to disseminate unappreciated wisdom further. Ignorance always gets the last word. So have yours.

lmao. i bet you come back to read this because you just can't help yourself (neither can i but I'm at least honest about it). Won't even respond to the first part because they're simply statements from someone with a lifetime of inferiority and confidence issues.

The next part is silly - continually equating me, someone you've never played in a game with, to people who you have played against is an illogical and uninformed comparison. You can't possible know or presume to know what I'm like in a game unless you've played in one with me. It's good to know that you understand my strategy, though. Pile and wait is exactly how I would be described by those who have played with or against me :roll: Here's a real comparison based upon what you, yourself, have stated: Unlike you, I'll play anyone, in anything (except escalating, like you I don't enjoy it). But really, pretty much everything sizzleslice had to say, I second. Later gator.
Major Nut Shot Scott

Postby mookiemcgee on Wed May 27, 2020 12:58 pm

Nut Shot Scott wrote:
I see you have won 50% of your games and have a chess King's emblem to denote your rank. You probably believe you are due veneration for your skill and intelligence and receive such from sycophantic twits. Helicopter hunters no doubt rank 100% against polar bears. Is that your speed? Many here at CC with no life or means of obtaining respect otherwise make a Conquer Club rating their be- and end-all. You, no doubt, number among them.

Overrated twits like you would seldom but occasionally (and to my surprise) enter a random nuclear game I originated. They were usually excreted fairly quickly, and I would never see them again in a nuke game. No, they weren't targeted. They, like you, just didn't know how to handle being in a fair, wide open brawl of a game. And they couldn't conceive of any other strategy than pile and wait, which doesn't work particularly well in most nuke games. That I have a 17% win ratio, but a relatively high rating in the wide open brawls of games I prefer, ones in which I take on all comers all the time should indicate something to you, and would if you had any intelligence or concept of sportsmanship. That it doesn't comes as no surprise to me whatsoever.

I judge there to be nothing more to gain from reading this thread and have no desire to disseminate unappreciated wisdom further. Ignorance always gets the last word. So have yours.

lmao. i bet you come back to read this because you just can't help yourself (neither can i but I'm at least honest about it). Won't even respond to the first part because they're simply statements from someone with a lifetime of inferiority and confidence issues.

The next part is silly - continually equating me, someone you've never played in a game with, to people who you have played against is an illogical and uninformed comparison. You can't possible know or presume to know what I'm like in a game unless you've played in one with me. It's good to know that you understand my strategy, though. Pile and wait is exactly how I would be described by those who have played with or against me :roll: Here's a real comparison based upon what you, yourself, have stated: Unlike you, I'll play anyone, in anything (except escalating, like you I don't enjoy it). But really, pretty much everything sizzleslice had to say, I second. Later gator.

Careful Quigs, I hear this guy kicks people in the nuts when they fight him!
saxitoxin wrote:deaths among the unvaccinated are higher.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Wed May 27, 2020 1:28 pm

That's usually the plan. Effective but frowned upon.
Major Nut Shot Scott

Postby 2dimes on Wed May 27, 2020 1:49 pm

Nut Shot Scott wrote:

That's usually the plan. Effective but frowned upon.

Then laughed at in the viral video.
Private 1st Class 2dimes

Postby ConfederateSS on Thu May 28, 2020 2:08 am

-------Weeks up...Still a few games on the last few pages of join games in the pantry....Will the General Q. Make a move in any of his games?...Will he drop from games still needed to be filled?...Will Donelladan do what GQ will not?...try something else....And Join in one of GQ's games...since he wishes to play him...I sent you an Invite to one... Donelladan...Game..19781028..Will Donelladan join?... Don't change that channel folks...Tune in to tommorow...for more adventures Of...Will GQ leave?...or Does Donelladan run from his wishes or put his STAR(General) on the line vs GQ? :D ... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)...I took a turn in another of GQ's games...19781586...It is his turn right now...Let us see what happens today...Is GQ just another who says he is leaving ,then doesn't?...Time will tell...tick tock...tick tock...
Major ConfederateSS

Postby Shannon Apple on Thu May 28, 2020 5:14 am

ConfederateSS wrote:-------Weeks up...Still a few games on the last few pages of join games in the pantry....Will the General Q. Make a move in any of his games?...Will he drop from games still needed to be filled?...Will Donelladan do what GQ will not?...try something else....And Join in one of GQ's games...since he wishes to play him...I sent you an Invite to one... Donelladan...Game..19781028..Will Donelladan join?... Don't change that channel folks...Tune in to tommorow...for more adventures Of...Will GQ leave?...or Does Donelladan run from his wishes or put his STAR(General) on the line vs GQ? :D ... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)...I took a turn in another of GQ's games...19781586...It is his turn right now...Let us see what happens today...Is GQ just another who says he is leaving ,then doesn't?...Time will tell...tick tock...tick tock...

Those games?? I wouldn't join them either for something like that. That's not actually a challenge vs GQ, because there are several other players in there bringing a lot more variables. A true challenge would be GQ willing to face off against Don in polymorphic, now that we've told him it solves all his complaints. :lol:
00:33:53 ā€¹riskllamaā€ŗ will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ I doubt it
00:34:30 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ I don't think she's into farm animals
Colonel Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Extreme Ways on Thu May 28, 2020 5:24 am

Shannon Apple wrote:Those games?? I wouldn't join them either for something like that. That's not actually a challenge vs GQ, because there are several other players in there bringing a lot more variables. A true challenge would be GQ willing to face off against Don in polymorphic, now that we've told him it solves all his complaints. :lol:

Agreed. There is a lot of skill in playing FFA escalating games, there are different skills also involving diplomacy in FFA non-escalating games. QG doesn't want to play the former since it requires just waiting around, instead of waiting around in a smart manner. He also does not want to play the latter even though he still does. Teamgames are out of the question - and rightly so - because Don could just be lifting on a teammate's prowess - that would be unfair to QG. The real challenge is in poly. No teammates to bring you down or pick you up, no interference from other players. Just dice and skill.
Brigadier Extreme Ways

Postby ConfederateSS on Fri May 29, 2020 5:19 am

---------------MELEE In The PANTREE :!:
------------------Oh :!: Yeah :!: ...Be There :!: ....Be There :!: ...
---------------------A turn was taking.... surprise :roll: ....Someone's wishes came true... :D ...
--------------Who will be the last one standing?...Only time will tell...... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:) ...I know Hopalong will be happy for all the eyes on the Pantry, will help his efforts... :D =D> =D> =D>
Major ConfederateSS

Postby General Quigley on Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:05 am

Most of you did not put your money behind your mouths, Confederate being the only counter-example. He braved entering one Nuclear game. I think you are all dead wrong on what games take the most skill. I have heard a few of you express fear, yes, actual fear, at entering the type of games I play and start, or used to, because there's so many random variables and players you can't control. That, my boys, is wherein lies the skill: figuring out a good strategy (without using words in the game to try to manipulate the weaker minded).

I am no doubt wasting my time on the close-minded and fearful who think they know what skill really is while having no idea that sit and pile is no demonstration of it. Skill is figuring out how to survive in a shitstorm, something I do in almost 1/5 of my games, most of which have 6-8 players. Yeah, that means you have to lose four out of five, all without crying to Mama. You know? That person who made sure you got your participation trophy and whose basement you're living in now.
Lieutenant General Quigley

Postby Extreme Ways on Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:05 am

Some observations:

• You dont want to play poly, we don't want to play nuclear.
  • You need to learn how to recognize emotion.
  • New hypothesis: coin-tossing in which your opponent chooses which side takes the most skill. There's a player you can't control and the randomness of how you toss the coin is tough to manipulate. Equating random variables and things you can't control with skill is quite the bullshit.
  • 20% winrate isn't great if you claim to be an amazing player. If all you do is play these games, your current rank is apparently where your equilibrium is - roughly.[1] Keep bragging about it though, and I'll answer arrogance with arrogance.
  • I am in no doubt wasting my time on a forum troll.
  • If I'm not, the not-forum-troll does not know the intricacies of playing FFA escalating, which is much more than sitting and piling.
  • Basement dweller jokes at the age of 56 are weird, unless you have personal experience or have a son/daughter in your basement or smth.

[1] Since I fear I need to explain this: if you have a higher rank you'd score less points and lose more. For example, Game 19536117 scored me on average less than 10 point per opponent, while I could have easily lost 40+ had I not won.
Brigadier Extreme Ways

Postby 2dimes on Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:43 am

2dimes wrote:Maybe he will come back and play you later Donelledan, if he notices they billed him for his automatically recurring subscription.

I don't think he turned it off like I told him to on page one there.

Well, I lay corrected. Since it's 04:34 and I'm awake but not out of bed.

He turned off the indefinite yearly automatically billing subscription.

Sorry Donelledan, you probably won't get to play him. Unless you join a game quick, if he has any waiting still.
Private 1st Class 2dimes

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:29 pm

Much afraid, clearly inferior, close minded, unable to play multiple game types. Pegged me! I've never been so embarrassed :lol:

Plays one game type, can't be BOTHERED to look at what poly is... so open minded, very wow.

General Quigley wrote:I am no doubt wasting my time on the close-minded and fearful who think they know what skill really is while having no idea that sit and pile is no demonstration of it. Skill is figuring out how to survive in a shitstorm, something I do in almost 1/5 of my games, most of which have 6-8 players. Yeah, that means you have to lose four out of five, all without crying to Mama. You know? That person who made sure you got your participation trophy and whose basement you're living in now.

Didn't you come here complaining about how you couldn't handle the game type because of how much diplomacy and strategy is involved? :lol:

This might go down in history as my favorite leaving the site thread
High Score: 3435
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby Extreme Ways on Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:40 pm

swimmerdude99 wrote:Much afraid, clearly inferior, close minded, unable to play multiple game types. Pegged me! I've never been so embarrassed :lol:

Plays one game type, can't be BOTHERED to look at what poly is... so open minded, very wow.

General Quigley wrote:I am no doubt wasting my time on the close-minded and fearful who think they know what skill really is while having no idea that sit and pile is no demonstration of it. Skill is figuring out how to survive in a shitstorm, something I do in almost 1/5 of my games, most of which have 6-8 players. Yeah, that means you have to lose four out of five, all without crying to Mama. You know? That person who made sure you got your participation trophy and whose basement you're living in now.

Didn't you come here complaining about how you couldn't handle the game type because of how much diplomacy and strategy is involved? :lol:

but the game is not SUPPOSED to be play with diplomacy /s
Brigadier Extreme Ways

Postby ljex on Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:11 pm

swimmerdude99 wrote:Much afraid, clearly inferior, close minded, unable to play multiple game types. Pegged me! I've never been so embarrassed :lol:

Classic projection attitude.

Honestly I can appreciate that he thinks the game style he likes is the most strategically intensive one or at the very least the one he finds most fun but it shows a lot to not think any other game type involves strategy.

Its the same way someone will tell me that speed freestyle involves no skill and is just about speed. Like sure speed is a part but there were plenty of fast speed freestyle players who used to play the 8 man escalating games and the same 5 people won most of the games. I don't remember his name (think it was prankcall) or something like that used to give me fits at those despite the fact that I was 2-3x as fast as him because he knew what was going to happen before others did. Anyway the point here is that to me was a game-type that was extremely skill intensive and one of the better players usually won, but it doesn't mean that team games or poly games are not at all skill testing. Hell even doodle 1 vs 1 is skill testing to a certain point.
Captain ljex

Postby General Quigley on Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:27 pm

I told you fools you didn't have what it takes to play a real man's Conquer Club. Watch But Shot, I mean Nut Shot (the B is right next to the N), be excreted by cooks in four rounds: https://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=19781039 Take a lesson from Nut Shot, and don't try this at home, boys and girls. Leave it to men with nothing to lose, you know, like everyone else in that and most others of my games.

There are strategies to multi-player nuclear games. After playing hundreds of these games I have worked some out. However, I'm sure not going to start some academy, look for fancy ways of saying pile and wait, and then stroke myself into considering myself the next Robert E. Lee military genius like you deluded, overrated milksops.
Last edited by General Quigley on Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:43 pm

lol right. 1 game does make a pattern. clearly your superior skill and strategy bounced me out in the fifth round. tough dice to start, make or break drop that broke, what can ya do? unfortunately, we'll never know more because you're leaving. a pity.
Major Nut Shot Scott

Postby General Quigley on Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:49 pm

Nut Shot Scott wrote:lol right. 1 game does make a pattern. clearly your superior skill and strategy bounced me out in the fifth round. tough dice to start, make or break drop that broke, what can ya do? unfortunately, we'll never know more because you're leaving. a pity.

Dude, really? You lost because you don't have a strategy. Pure and simple. Now do what all the other overrated, full of themselves stuffed shirts do, and don't ever try one of these again. They just are not meant for kids.

Postby YukFoo on Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:55 pm

Quiglemeir you are back!
Cook YukFoo

Postby YukFoo on Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:03 pm

Jdsizzleslice wrote:The dice complaint's should be more directed towards what algorithm/what company CC chooses to use. Alternatively, I don't see anyone questioning other things about the dice system used, like how total lag-time plays a factor in the algorithm or the load that is put into the algorithm. Ever notice that you get slightly better dice if you DON'T auto assault, especially with stacks under 10-15 troops?

Absolutely! I would whine like a bitch about that too, but I can't whine about everything all at once (my name isn't caffeinethewhininglittlebitch).

You gotta start somewhere, so why not just start with getting the regular dice workings down to an acceptable level of variance. Then we can proceed toward bigger endeavors as you suggest!

Perhaps it would be as simple as changing dice engine companies?

In regards to the auto-click, I like it when I have say an army of 10, and I auto click my opponents army of 20, and I make it through with 5 boys left still! But of course, the lottery dice make that happen against me too from time to time.
Cook YukFoo

Postby General Quigley on Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:15 pm

YukFoo wrote:Quiglemeir you are back!

Not back. Just playing out the games I started before I go.

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion