Conquer Club

It's harder to be a returner than a beginner

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

It's harder to be a returner than a beginner

Postby Zemljanin on Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:36 pm

And I'm not even a returner, just considering...

Don't know how long I was absent (more than 5 and less than 10 years), but CC is unrecognizable. When I'm looking for help, I am getting this crap, so I have to whine loudly...

- Don't know what are credits; don't know what are tokens. How do I get them? Why should I get them?

- Don't know what are conquer stars. I have 3 orange, 6 silver, 7 violet, 6 electric green, 14 auburn and 6 drab stars. What can I do with that?

- In the past, all serious players used a third party script, to provide a decent game interface. In 2020, main CC software should do the job. But it doesn't for me (maybe I don't know how to use it). I'm not even able to watch my opponent's play in the real time; I have to refresh every several seconds.
Am I a clumsy user or the software is bad? If the latter, what serious players use now?

That's only a first wave of my questions. Thanks in advance to everyone who helps me to start understanding things...
The lowest rank: Question Mark
The lowest score: 1000
The lowest place on the scoreboard: don't remember
Captain Zemljanin

Re: It's harder to be a returner than a beginner

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:04 pm

Zemljanin wrote:And I'm not even a returner, just considering...

Don't know how long I was absent (more than 5 and less than 10 years), but CC is unrecognizable. When I'm looking for help, I am getting this crap, so I have to whine loudly...

- Don't know what are credits; don't know what are tokens. How do I get them? Why should I get them?

- Don't know what are conquer stars. I have 3 orange, 6 silver, 7 violet, 6 electric green, 14 auburn and 6 drab stars. What can I do with that?

- In the past, all serious players used a third party script, to provide a decent game interface. In 2020, main CC software should do the job. But it doesn't for me (maybe I don't know how to use it). I'm not even able to watch my opponent's play in the real time; I have to refresh every several seconds.
Am I a clumsy user or the software is bad? If the latter, what serious players use now?

That's only a first wave of my questions. Thanks in advance to everyone who helps me to start understanding things...

Credits are a form of game currency. Use them to buy premium membership etc.

Tokens are for competitions. Conquer stars are for entering tournaments that require them.

The third-party scripts are BOB and clickies, both of which are now implemented. Clickies is automatic for everyone, BOB can be turned on in Settings (it's called panel interface). The other scripts still somewhat work with Greasemonkey.

There is no real-time update except for speed games and only when it is your turn.

Also, welcome back.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby riskllama on Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:29 pm

welcome back, Zem... ;)
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Zemljanin on Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:04 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:The third-party scripts are BOB and clickies, both of which are now implemented. Clickies is automatic for everyone, BOB can be turned on in Settings (it's called panel interface). The other scripts still somewhat work with Greasemonkey.

Yes, BOB, now I remember! And I had to have Greasemonkey installed...
Now I don't. It seems we ARE in 2020, after all O:)

I activated that, but haven't been on the move yet. However, it's seems that I'm losing the game log this way :(. I can turn panel on and off, though.
Thank you very much!!

There is no real-time update except for speed games and only when it is your turn.
Think I remember watching the opponents' play, But I'm not 210% sure. Maybe I am idealizing the past, like many old people :mrgreen:

I could deduce that, but how can I get them? Hope I don't have to buy in with credits for a chance to earn more...

Tokens are for competitions.
The same question.

Conquer stars are for entering tournaments that require them.
Glad to hear it - I presumed they're worthless. I browsed a bit in the tourney section and haven't seen such a tournament. What's a typical buy in? What are the prizes in such tournaments?

Also, welcome back.
Not certain yet, but thanks anyway...
Captain Zemljanin

Postby Hooch on Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:50 pm

Welcome back.
Wise frustrations.
Private 1st Class Hooch

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:55 pm

Zemljanin wrote:I activated that, but haven't been on the move yet. However, it's seems that I'm losing the game log this way :(. I can turn panel on and off, though.
Thank you very much!!

The game log just moves. Here is a guide:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=211809#p4951263

I could deduce that, but how can I get them? Hope I don't have to buy in with credits for a chance to earn more...

Here is a guide to credits:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=220620
Real money is required, or you can win them.

Tokens are for competitions.
The same question.

This is an example event that uses tokens:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=233939
There is no fee for joining and when you have enough tokens you can win the prizes listed there.

Conquer stars are for entering tournaments that require them.
Glad to hear it - I presumed they're worthless. I browsed a bit in the tourney section and haven't seen such a tournament. What's a typical buy in? What are the prizes in such tournaments?

Here is the tournament page:
https://www.conquerclub.com/public.php? ... urnaments1
On the left are the old-school tournaments. They are still being run just like you remember but there are less of them now. On the right are auto-tournaments which use tokens.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby paulgamelb on Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:22 am

I've returned after five years away. Have just ignored the conquer stars.
Tournaments are harder to get off the ground, already had to abandon two because no one joins them. It people who are starting tournaments that are joining other peoples and it's a very small group of players.
Corporal 1st Class paulgamelb

Postby riskllama on Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:49 pm

DY = helping
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Zemljanin on Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:50 am

DoomYoshi wrote:Here is the tournament page:
https://www.conquerclub.com/public.php? ... urnaments1
On the left are the old-school tournaments. They are still being run just like you remember but there are less of them now. On the right are auto-tournaments which use tokens.

You were very helpful, thanks! I didn't thank you immediately because I wanted to make and present some statistics.
AutoTournaments:
  • 2 (8.7%) - newbies only
  • 2 (8.7%) - huge buy ins (500C)
  • 13 (56.5%) - premium only
  • 4 (27.4%) - open, without prizes
  • 1 (4.3%) - open*, with small prize for the winner
  • 0 (0%) - open, with more than one prize

* Official information says: "Entry: All comers", but it's a lie - the tournament doesn't accept freemium players

Zemljanin wrote:I already had an impression that today's CC isn't freemium friendly at all, but this was another stab. In the first several years of my membership, I had never been a freemium more than month or two. Does that mean that i am going to buy a premium immediately? Well, not really...

It was written in this draft. I wanted to present my reasons against buying premium.
But in my hyperactivity, I made a terrible mistake and had to buy it to extricate myself. Whether it's worth it - I have yet to see...
Captain Zemljanin

Return to Conquer Club Discussion