Conquer Club

Manual deployment, beginner's question

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Manual deployment, beginner's question

Postby Zemljanin on Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:13 pm

I played manual deployment (exclusively) on Hasbro cardboard, but never played it here. My question is:

Is it "no take back" deployment, as in every turn, or a player has some leeway?

I am asking because it's a pain in the ass to have to think precisely everything in advance. I'd like to deploy approximately and then redeploy and redeploy until I am satisfied. I mean, you're doing that only once in a game and you should have maximum of comfort...
The lowest rank: Question Mark
The lowest score: 1000
The lowest place on the scoreboard: don't remember
Captain Zemljanin

Re: Manual deployment, beginner's question

Postby Extreme Ways on Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:02 pm

Zemljanin wrote:I played manual deployment (exclusively) on Hasbro cardboard, but never played it here. My question is:

Is it "no take back" deployment, as in every turn, or a player has some leeway?

I am asking because it's a pain in the ass to have to think precisely everything in advance. I'd like to deploy approximately and then redeploy and redeploy until I am satisfied. I mean, you're doing that only once in a game and you should have maximum of comfort...

In manual, every player places their troops all at once without showing intermediate results to other players. You get twice the amount of territories you have to drop, and there are no limitations on how many you may put on a single country.
REP, ex-TOFU, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
Brigadier Extreme Ways

Postby Zemljanin on Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:20 pm

Extreme Ways wrote:In manual, every player places their troops all at once without showing intermediate results to other players. You get twice the amount of territories you have to drop, and there are no limitations on how many you may put on a single country.

So when I put a unit on some territory, there is no redeploying anymore?
Captain Zemljanin

Postby Extreme Ways on Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:25 pm

Zemljanin wrote:
Extreme Ways wrote:In manual, every player places their troops all at once without showing intermediate results to other players. You get twice the amount of territories you have to drop, and there are no limitations on how many you may put on a single country.

I don't completely understand the question.

There is no 'undo' button while doing manual deployment, if that is what you are asking.
Brigadier Extreme Ways

Postby ljex on Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:43 pm

Zemljanin wrote:

Once you deploy you can't undo but you can deploy all as singles so that you don't have to fully pre plan your deployment before executing it
Captain ljex

Postby Zemljanin on Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:37 pm

Extreme Ways wrote:I don't completely understand the question.

There is no 'undo' button while doing manual deployment, if that is what you are asking.

I am hoping to get something like unlimited reinforcement* - after I press BEGI|N button, I can deploy and redeploy as long as I want, until I press END button.
So first, with strategic thinking I deploy all units I have - many where I want many, little where I want little. And then go to finer tunes - whether I want to keep 6-6 on those two territories, or perhaps I want 7-5 or 8-4...
Hope I'm clear now - key word is unlimited, until I press END button, or the time expires.

* That's what we have in live game. We all deploy and redeploy, until everybody agrees. And THEN the game is ready to begin.
Captain Zemljanin

Postby Extreme Ways on Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:36 pm

Zemljanin wrote:
Extreme Ways wrote:I don't completely understand the question.

I am hoping to get something like unlimited reinforcement* - after I press BEGI|N button, I can deploy and redeploy as long as I want, until I press END button.
So first, with strategic thinking I deploy all units I have - many where I want many, little where I want little. And then go to finer tunes - whether I want to keep 6-6 on those two territories, or perhaps I want 7-5 or 8-4...
Hope I'm clear now - key word is unlimited, until I press END button, or the time expires.

* That's what we have in live game. We all deploy and redeploy, until everybody agrees. And THEN the game is ready to begin.

In that case, the short answer is no unfortunately not.

Also, deploy and redeploying in live games... when I tried that with a group of 4, everybody kept switching up because each change in deploy warranted a change in deploy elsewhere for another player. Curious how/when you all manage to agree.
Brigadier Extreme Ways

Return to Conquer Club Discussion