Conquer Club

stop stealing money

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

stop stealing money

Postby BabySasuke on Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:34 pm

when somebody has been inactive on the site for a prolonged period of time

turn off the premie subscription thats fucking bullshit i saw somebody who hasnt been active since 2013, still a premie, youve charged them 7 years for no service, maybe it doesnt matter to much to them

but it still makes you a scummy thief, taking money for subscription unused, and still wont upgrade the site for the people that are here

scummy BW...scummy
Captain BabySasuke

Re: stop stealing money

Postby Amateil on Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:45 pm

I dont think that makes the site scummy, thats 100% on the person who never cancelled their own subscription
Corporal Amateil

Postby BabySasuke on Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:47 pm

sure, the first time it rolls, but come the second subscription renewal and they havent signed in, thats scummy
Captain BabySasuke

Postby Evil Semp on Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:52 pm

I agree that subscriptions suck. That being said, I don't believe it is all BS's fault and or his responsibility. That is why businesses love subscriptions. You sign up for them and then forget about them or didn't realize you signed up for a subscription. Did you send a PM to BW? Maybe he would cancel it if he knew about it.
Sergeant 1st Class Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby riskllama on Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:24 pm

Evil Semp wrote:Maybe he would cancel it if he knew about it.

HAR HAR HAR...*slaps knee*
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby TeeGee on Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:32 am

interesting, because subscriptions were not part of the site back in 2013

Maybe someone prepaid for multiple years
Kotaro wrote:TG for site owner 2020
Field Marshal TeeGee

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby Shannon Apple on Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:35 am

TeeGee wrote:interesting, because subscriptions were not part of the site back in 2013

You know, thinking about it now, it's possible that the person was a member of Team CC if it goes back as far as 2013. Now we get a small amount of credits at a time, but back then we used to get a full year's sub in one go. If they were doing a lot of work for CC, they might have a whole ton of credits given for various things and just activated the whole lot.

We'd have to know which account it was, but that's my best guess.
00:33:53 ā€¹riskllamaā€ŗ will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ I doubt it
00:34:30 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ I don't think she's into farm animals
Colonel Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby tfh182 on Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:50 pm

I think we all need to demand that riskllama be allowed back into global chat.
Major tfh182

Postby Kotaro on Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:00 pm

MyNameIsJack wrote:when somebody has been inactive on the site for a prolonged period of time

turn off the premie subscription thats fucking bullshit i saw somebody who hasnt been active since 2013, still a premie, youve charged them 7 years for no service, maybe it doesnt matter to much to them

but it still makes you a scummy thief, taking money for subscription unused, and still wont upgrade the site for the people that are here

scummy BW...scummy

I disagree entirely. If someone decided to subscribe to Conquerclub Premium, they are responsible to cancel it. If they're unable to identify and deny a charge on a card for a site they haven't used in years, it's really their own fault. BW isn't responsible for others actions, nor required to be their adult supervision.
Lakad Matataaag!
Normalin, normalin.

TheJonah wrote:I`m not really that arsed. Just supporting my mucker.
Captain Kotaro

Postby shoop76 on Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:16 am

Evil Semp wrote:I agree that subscriptions suck. That being said, I don't believe it is all BS's fault and or his responsibility. That is why businesses love subscriptions. You sign up for them and then forget about them or didn't realize you signed up for a subscription. Did you send a PM to BW? Maybe he would cancel it if he knew about it.

BigWham doesnĀ“t mind it that you call him BS.
Sergeant 1st Class shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:41 pm

Shannon Apple wrote:
TeeGee wrote:interesting, because subscriptions were not part of the site back in 2013

You know, thinking about it now, it's possible that the person was a member of Team CC if it goes back as far as 2013. Now we get a small amount of credits at a time, but back then we used to get a full year's sub in one go. If they were doing a lot of work for CC, they might have a whole ton of credits given for various things and just activated the whole lot.

We'd have to know which account it was, but that's my best guess.

Mapmakers got a year per map, and some of the more prolific mapmakers did 20 or 30 of them. Natty dread will still be premium when the rest of us are dead.

Lol, he hasn't played a game since 2012, but still has a gold name...:)
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby YukFoo on Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:22 pm

I would like a refund for all the times I have been banned. I do not pay to be banned! That makes no sense boys! No wonder nobody wants to play here. You take their money, and then you ban them! Give your damn heads a shake.
YukFoo. Broocy Hunter.
Cook YukFoo

Postby Kotaro on Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:43 pm

YukFoo wrote:I would like a refund for all the times I have been banned. I do not pay to be banned! That makes no sense boys! No wonder nobody wants to play here. You take their money, and then you ban them! Give your damn heads a shake.

Violating a sites Terms of Service results in loss of payment; this isn't something unique to ConquerClub, it's a pretty common practice.
Lakad Matataaag!
Normalin, normalin.

Captain Kotaro

Postby YukFoo on Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:16 pm

Depositing your money here results in loss of payment.
YukFoo. Broocy Hunter.
Cook YukFoo

Can't stop stealing money..

Postby 2dimes on Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:34 pm

So, basically if we leave money out unattended it's our own fault when a kleptomaniac takes it?
Private 1st Class 2dimes

Re: Can't stop stealing money..

Postby Kotaro on Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:47 pm

2dimes wrote:So, basically if we leave money out unattended it's our own fault when a kleptomaniac takes it?

If you subscribe to something, it's your job to unsubscribe.

That being said, this post was made about a player that still has premium after 7 years, but most debit and credit cards have an expiration of half that. It's likely this guy was gifted a lot of premium but quit the site before it ran out.
Lakad Matataaag!
Normalin, normalin.

Captain Kotaro

Postby YukFoo on Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:23 pm

Kotaro wrote:That being said, this post was made about a player that still has premium after 7 years, but most debit and credit cards have an expiration of half that. It's likely this guy was gifted a lot of premium but quit the site before it ran out.

Do you ever wonder why all these elite people from years ago have left and want nothing to do with this website anymore? People who have spent tens of thousands of hours making maps and all the effort they put worth toward this website, and then they don't even care enough to turn off their auto-subscription as if they knew for a fact they were never ever coming back, like they were done. And it wasn't just a few of them, like ALL of them are gone.
YukFoo. Broocy Hunter.
Cook YukFoo

Postby riskllama on Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:46 pm

why are you still here, YF?
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby YukFoo on Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:22 pm

Meh, I just followed you over here from dominating12. I am here for you bro.
YukFoo. Broocy Hunter.
Cook YukFoo

Postby riskllama on Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:36 pm

yeah, i don't know what that is.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:29 pm

YukFoo wrote:
Kotaro wrote:That being said, this post was made about a player that still has premium after 7 years, but most debit and credit cards have an expiration of half that. It's likely this guy was gifted a lot of premium but quit the site before it ran out.

Do you ever wonder why all these elite people from years ago have left and want nothing to do with this website anymore? People who have spent tens of thousands of hours making maps and all the effort they put worth toward this website, and then they don't even care enough to turn off their auto-subscription as if they knew for a fact they were never ever coming back, like they were done. And it wasn't just a few of them, like ALL of them are gone.

Boredom, mainly.

I used to put in hundreds of hours a month running tournaments. There was a time when I had 30 tournaments at a time running. I just got sick of it one day and stopped doing it. Right now I have one tournament on the go, and although it seemed like a great idea at the time, now I'm struggling to care enough to check on it regularly.

I know people have all kinds of theories about this killed CC, or that killed CC, or the other thing killed CC. Everybody's got their pet theory. Too many server crashes, banning farming, the end of the double turn, autotournaments, the Panel Interface, too much censorship in the forums, not enough censorship in the forums, infighting, not enabling Transitions, being too late to take advantage of social media, blah, blah, blah, blaah blaaaaah. While any or all of those things may have pissed off some people, and a few of those people were pissed off enough to leave, in the end the simple explanation of why most people leave is just boredom. In the end, doing the same thing over and over again just gets tedious.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby YukFoo on Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:19 pm

You can always ban me when you are bored. I prefer to be banned.
YukFoo. Broocy Hunter.
Cook YukFoo

Postby 2dimes on Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:49 am

Kotaro wrote:
If you subscribe to something, it's your job to unsubscribe.

Subscriptions used to be something with a term.

You would pay a set amount then you would get a product in the future. Typically printed matter.

Somehow you think it's fine for a business to take out a subscription with you for future payments. Instead of a customer getting a magazine for a set amount of issues, the business gets a recurring bank transfer until the customer cancels.

That might not even be obscene if there was a clear choice between it and an honest single year premium purchase.
Private 1st Class 2dimes

Postby YukFoo on Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:07 pm

Wasn't this thread in the "Suggestions" subthread category? Or am I just crazy?
YukFoo. Broocy Hunter.
Cook YukFoo

Postby 2dimes on Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:18 pm

YukFoo wrote:Wasn't this thread in the "Suggestions" subthread category? Or am I just crazy?

It was started there. I didn't even notice it moved. The suggestion forum is not very effective.
Private 1st Class 2dimes

Next

Return to Conquer Club Discussion