Conquer Club

stop stealing money

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: stop stealing money

Postby Mad777 on Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:19 pm

thought my post went through...

moved into CC Discussion, this thread is more a generic discussion than a suggestion, also, since the template has not been used, the OP is far from looking as a suggestion.

Thx
".....We are Groot!....."
Captain Mad777

Postby YukFoo on Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:33 pm

OK sweet as long as I am not crazy.
YukFoo. Broocy Hunter.
Cook YukFoo

Re: Can't stop stealing money..

Postby Shannon Apple on Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:47 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
YukFoo wrote:
Kotaro wrote:That being said, this post was made about a player that still has premium after 7 years, but most debit and credit cards have an expiration of half that. It's likely this guy was gifted a lot of premium but quit the site before it ran out.

Do you ever wonder why all these elite people from years ago have left and want nothing to do with this website anymore? People who have spent tens of thousands of hours making maps and all the effort they put worth toward this website, and then they don't even care enough to turn off their auto-subscription as if they knew for a fact they were never ever coming back, like they were done. And it wasn't just a few of them, like ALL of them are gone.

Boredom, mainly.

I used to put in hundreds of hours a month running tournaments. There was a time when I had 30 tournaments at a time running. I just got sick of it one day and stopped doing it. Right now I have one tournament on the go, and although it seemed like a great idea at the time, now I'm struggling to care enough to check on it regularly.

I know people have all kinds of theories about this killed CC, or that killed CC, or the other thing killed CC. Everybody's got their pet theory. Too many server crashes, banning farming, the end of the double turn, autotournaments, the Panel Interface, too much censorship in the forums, not enough censorship in the forums, infighting, not enabling Transitions, being too late to take advantage of social media, blah, blah, blah, blaah blaaaaah. While any or all of those things may have pissed off some people, and a few of those people were pissed off enough to leave, in the end the simple explanation of why most people leave is just boredom. In the end, doing the same thing over and over again just gets tedious.

This. It's also the need to log in everyday. I've been in a position where getting up at 6am to go to work, and getting home at 8pm meant that I didn't have the will or the time to play this game, or any game. I came back for a couple years when I moved to be near work, then quit again for other reasons. There has always been some reason for me taking a CC break, but it's never anything to do with CC itself or it's community. Just life.
00:33:53 ā€¹riskllamaā€ŗ will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ I doubt it
00:34:30 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ I don't think she's into farm animals
Colonel Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Kotaro on Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:31 am

2dimes wrote:Subscriptions used to be something with a term.

Computers used to fill a 2 floor house, people used to care if their neighbors were murdered in the streets, phones used to be used for calling (and they weren't mobile in the least), AOL was once a thing. Life moves on.

YukFoo wrote:Do you ever wonder why all these elite people from years ago have left and want nothing to do with this website anymore? People who have spent tens of thousands of hours making maps and all the effort they put worth toward this website, and then they don't even care enough to turn off their auto-subscription as if they knew for a fact they were never ever coming back, like they were done. And it wasn't just a few of them, like ALL of them are gone.

I do enjoy how you pretend like CC is unique in its losing members.

DotA 2 is one of the original MOBA's; playing competitively could mean winning up to 2 million per player (5 on a team) at a single tournament, The International. Yet the game has dropped from averaging 650,000 players a day to 400,000, and loses more every month.

World of Warcraft is one of the largest games in the world, and peaked at a little over 12 million players subscribed in 2010. However, heading into its 16th year, the current amount of subscriptions is under 2 million, despite the added ability to not pay for a subscription with cash anymore, but rather with gold farming.

Remember when Myspace was popular? I won't even bother mentioning stats, let's just say it's trash now.

Nothing lasts forever. Maybe if members like yourself spent less time trolling the forums, some of those elite map makers would consider coming back, but since that's not going to happen, get used to member depletion.
Lakad Matataaag!
Normalin, normalin.

TheJonah wrote:I`m not really that arsed. Just supporting my mucker.
Captain Kotaro

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:11 am

myspace is a bad example. the owner of that cashed out big time
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby 2dimes on Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:13 am

Kotaro wrote:
Nothing lasts forever.

So there is hope that eventually they might stop stealing money?
Private 1st Class 2dimes

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:23 am

yeah, when the site is so dead it gets closed lol
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby YukFoo on Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:39 pm

As long as I am not crazy it is all good!

My psychologist has told me I am crazy for the last 10 years, although not in those words, I had to read between the lines.

But given that this thread was indeed moved from the Suggestions sub-forum, I am thankful for the confirmation that I am not crazy!
YukFoo. Broocy Hunter.
Cook YukFoo

Postby hajduk1911 on Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:30 pm

YukFoo wrote:I would like a refund for all the times I have been banned. I do not pay to be banned! That makes no sense boys! No wonder nobody wants to play here. You take their money, and then you ban them! Give your damn heads a shake.

To top it all of some mods are banning people just because they don't like their opinions on certain topics ... ( for example Razorvich ... )

It is even written in Community Guidelines that they can ban you for anything ...

TeeGee wrote:... just because you are here, does not mean you MUST be here. This is a business and CC does reserve the right to promote or discourage any kind of behavior it sees fit ...

Sapienti sat
Brigadier hajduk1911

Postby riskllama on Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:48 pm

you can't fight city hall, haj... :?

*well, you can - you just won't win
Lieutenant riskllama

Previous

Return to Conquer Club Discussion