Conquer Club

Questions about rules

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Questions about rules

Postby Zemljanin on Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:49 pm

I opened this thread to ask two unrelated questions. Every member (including me) is free to use this thread for any question about rules. I'll try to keep evidence about questions in this post, editing it after each new question. Here you should find the number of the post where a question is asked...

2 - A question about "winning" terminator game (answered in post 4)
3 - A question about deployment in City Mogul (answered in post 8 )
Last edited by Zemljanin on Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
The lowest rank: Question Mark
The lowest score: 1000
The lowest place on the scoreboard: don't remember
Captain Zemljanin

Re: Questions about rules

Postby Zemljanin on Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:53 pm

Terminator games don't really have a clear winner (as standard do). All players have satisfaction when they eliminate some opponent and dissatisfaction when they're eliminated themselves. Every player has their own personal ratio between satisfaction and dissatisfaction.
But what if a game is played for a token?

Lets say the player A managed to eliminate 6 opponents. S/he is the undisputed winner when it concerns the number of kills. Player B eliminated less than 6 opponents, but s/he managed to squize more points than player A, so according to points won, B is the undisputed winner. Player C eliminated only one opponent, but the last one. Player C is the only player remained alive in this game, so according to usual standard logic - s/he is the winner.

Who will get the token?
Captain Zemljanin

Postby Zemljanin on Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:57 pm

I lost a City Mogul game because I expected 20 units to deploy where I want (I had a "foreign" workshop), but have got an autodeployment instead. I asked the opponent about that, he said he also wasn't sure.

- There is an information on the map (your workshop 20 autodeploy, any other shop +20)
- There is my memory - I used to get 20 unit to deploy where I want

Note: The game I lost was poly2, all previous games I played were standard

I would like to get a detailed and precise explanation:
When I get autodeploy on the shop, when I get 20 units for free deployment?
Captain Zemljanin

Postby Hooch on Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:57 pm

Zemljanin wrote:Terminator games don't really have a clear winner (as standard do). All players have satisfaction when they eliminate some opponent and dissatisfaction when they're eliminated themselves. Every player has their own personal ratio between satisfaction and dissatisfaction.

Lets say the player A managed to eliminate 6 opponents. S/he is the undisputed winner when it concerns the number of kills. Player B eliminated less than 6 opponents, but s/he managed to squize more points than player A, so according to points won, B is the undisputed winner. Player C eliminated only one opponent, but the last one. Player C is the only player remained alive in this game, so according to usual standard logic - s/he is the winner.

Who will get the token?

So yes, Terminator, last player standing wins, whether they did much of anything all game so long as they are all that remains.
Private 1st Class Hooch

Postby Zemljanin on Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:26 pm

Hooch wrote:So yes, Terminator, last player standing wins, whether they did much of anything all game so long as they are all that remains.

Thank you
Captain Zemljanin

Postby Silly Knig-it on Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:24 am

Zemljanin wrote:Terminator games don't really have a clear winner (as standard do). All players have satisfaction when they eliminate some opponent and dissatisfaction when they're eliminated themselves. Every player has their own personal ratio between satisfaction and dissatisfaction.

Who will get the token?

Being played for a Token, implies to me that this is in the context of a tournament. In that case the rules of the tournament would apply. For CC points it will remain the same. For example, I am running a tournament where (8 players), the first two kills are +1, the next 2 are +2, the next 2 are +3, and the last +4. However if it goes to the round limit then the remaining points are totaled and divided amongst the remaining players. Exactly how is not important unless you are in the tournament. But the point is for the tournament scoring then my rules apply. I don't like the CC round limit decision, so I wrote rules that make it different within the small world I control.

One unrelated other thing. For your Terminator medal, only the games where you are the last one standing, will the kills count.
Major Silly Knig-it
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Extreme Ways on Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:53 am

Zemljanin wrote:I lost a City Mogul game because I expected 20 units to deploy where I want (I had a "foreign" workshop), but have got an autodeployment instead. I asked the opponent about that, he said he also wasn't sure.

- There is an information on the map (your workshop 20 autodeploy, any other shop +20)
- There is my memory - I used to get 20 unit to deploy where I want

Note: The game I lost was poly2, all previous games I played were standard

I would like to get a detailed and precise explanation:
When I get autodeploy on the shop, when I get 20 units for free deployment?

For new players this is vague. In principle, any shop/house that is a starting position gets +20 autodeploy whereas any shop that is NOT a starting-position territory gets you a bonus. Hope this helps, let me know if you need a more detailed explanation.
REP, ex-TOFU, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
Brigadier Extreme Ways

Postby Donelladan on Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:07 pm

I lost a City Mogul game because I expected 20 units to deploy where I want (I had a "foreign" workshop), but have got an autodeployment instead. I asked the opponent about that, he said he also wasn't sure.

Foreign workshop doesn't mean any other shop you take after the one you started with, it means foreign relative to the color.

For example R3, the shop is blue, but is on the R area = red area, therefore it gives you a +20 deploy.
R6 is red, on the red area it gives you a +20 auto-deploy.

Foreign shops are :
P8, R3, C8, S5, B8, O2,G9 and Y6. + all W's shops and all E's shop.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby Zemljanin on Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:12 pm

@Donelladan:
Your post is EXACTLY what I needed. Thanks

Silly Knig-it wrote:Being played for a Token, implies to me that this is in the context of a tournament. In that case the rules of the tournament would apply.

Of course. But when organizer doesn't say anything specific - default option is assumed. Now I have learned what is default option.

Silly Knig-it wrote:One unrelated other thing. For your Terminator medal, only the games where you are the last one standing, will the kills count.

Interesting. I have had an impression that my kills wasn't counted for Standard achievement medal. System waits for the game to be finished - I assumed. Now I'm sure...
Captain Zemljanin

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:38 pm

If you join games knowing there is a price on your head and then you are then gunned down outside of a Dunkin Donuts and then you miss a bunch of turns because you are dead, does that count as intentional deadbeating?
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby VRaptor on Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:39 pm

In the Conquer Rome map, if you take the 4 tribes, an emperor, and a Capital, do you win instantly or do you have to hold it for a turn?

Also, does taking the 4 tribes require taking the outposts or only the tribal area in back?

Thanks for your help.
Cadet VRaptor

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:23 pm

VRaptor wrote:In the Conquer Rome map, if you take the 4 tribes, an emperor, and a Capital, do you win instantly or do you have to hold it for a turn?

You have to hold it at the start of your next turn.

However, it's 4 tribes, a capital (imperial seat) and BOTH emperors, not just one.

VRaptor wrote:Also, does taking the 4 tribes require taking the outposts or only the tribal area in back?

Thanks for your help.

Just the tribe. You don't need the outpost.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby VRaptor on Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:02 am

Thanks for the clarification. Very helpful.
Cadet VRaptor

Return to Conquer Club Discussion