Conquer Club

Question About Etiquete

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Question About Etiquete

Postby Canag0d on Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:40 pm

So I was playing a fog of war game for the November Challenge. It was trench. One player was taking a massive lead as evidenced by how many territories he was taking, the amount of bonus troops he got at the start and how many lands he was conquering each turn.

All the other players seemed to be focusing on each other so I sent a message to the others. The person I was saying it about then actually got mad and started calling out specific stacks people had. Now that information was hidden by fog and should not be shouted (or so I am under the impression).

Lastly this player accused me of “being a good politician” but saying it in a deregulatory way and also saying I’m using diplomacy to win.

Here is our conversation. Of course I removed his name:

2020-11-28 13:40:14 - Canag0d: Well we better fight yellow r were all dead
2020-11-29 21:16:44 - ******: how'd u figure that pink
2020-11-30 00:39:31 - Canag0d: Mainly I say that because he’s getting 14 troops a round and growing.
2020-12-01 16:14:14 - *******: nonsense
2020-12-01 16:14:19 - *******: you worry too much
2020-12-01 16:14:42 - *******: you should see the massive stack someone's got ready just for me
2020-12-02 12:21:14 - Canag0d: Guys we all have to throw everything at him, he still probably going to win

Now normally I would just ignore this, however he sent me a private message stating that I am banned from all tournaments that “we” run. Implying that he has some power and can control my Conquer Club experience. I don’t know if this is true but I wanted to just see what’s up here.

In my opinion I did nothing Wrong, and if anything he is the one who broke the rule about shouting in a fog game. I know some people don’t like “diplomacy” however let me just put this websites own description up that it has on the very first page of this site:

WELCOME TO CONQUER CLUB, THE ULTIMATE GAME OF ONLINE RISK, MULTIPLAYER STRATEGY AND INTERNET DIPLOMACY

So if diplomacy is against the rules then why is it in the official description?

Additionally, this character has threatened me physically several times challenging me to go where he lives to “say it to his face”.

Finally I have documented this all in screen shots, I just don’t know how to add them to the post. If it’s necessary (I hope it’s not) but I can figure out how and upload them.

Sorry for my long post, I would just like peoples opinions.

*ps sorry if this is in the wrong forum section, I thought it was the most appropriate.
Cook Canag0d

Re: Question About Etiquete

Postby Canag0d on Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:51 pm

Additionally, we are in several November monthly challenge games together and in the next game we have together he is suiciding me.

Is suiciding not against proper etiquette? It is clearly at least him being a poor sport. Once again I’ve taken screen shots of him suiciding me as well I just hope it doesn’t come down to this.

I rarely play in tournaments because they are usually too complicated maps for my liking but I’d like the opportunity if I wanted to. To be disallowed and have my name slandered by this individual for what seems to me him just being a poor sport would be unfortunate.
Cook Canag0d

Postby hajduk1911 on Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:39 pm

In my opinion asking to focus on some player is ok, calling out specific stacks people had is still ok (I know this is sometimes disputed but you can never be sure if the person is lying so in my opinion it is just part of strategy)

Now the messages you received in inbox are not ok. You should report them. Go to inbox and in top right corner of the each message you should see an exclamation mark in a little triangle ! ... Press that and report the message ....
I am not a moderator or an administrator and anything I say may or may not be an official stand of Conquer Club
Brigadier hajduk1911

Postby riskllama on Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:47 pm

suiciding against some players is a punishable offence, against others - notsomuch... :? .

*ymmv
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Canag0d on Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:49 pm

hajduk1911 wrote:In my opinion asking to focus on some player is ok, calling out specific stacks people had is still ok (I know this is sometimes disputed but you can never be sure if the person is lying so in my opinion it is just part of strategy)

Now the messages you received in inbox are not ok. You should report them. Go to inbox and in top right corner of the each message you should see an exclamation mark in a little triangle ! ... Press that and report the message ....

Thanks for the feedback. I suspected what you wrote so it’s nice to get someone to confirm it.

I don’t intend on reporting anyone for this type of crap. I only report people for legit cheating (like multi accounts).

I just want to make sure my name isn’t run through the mud and that I can play in tournaments should I find one that fits my eye.
Cook Canag0d

Postby hajduk1911 on Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:50 pm

Canag0d wrote:Now normally I would just ignore this, however he sent me a private message stating that I am banned from all tournaments that “we” run. Implying that he has some power and can control my Conquer Club experience. I don’t know if this is true but I wanted to just see what’s up here.

unfortunately mods and admins are not really concerned if someone is abusing their power. They protect each other. I would not focus on this too much ...

Canag0d wrote:Additionally, this character has threatened me physically several times challenging me to go where he lives to “say it to his face”.

It depends on context but if he really was threatening you physically that is concerning and he should be banned.
I am not a moderator or an administrator and anything I say may or may not be an official stand of Conquer Club
Brigadier hajduk1911

Postby Canag0d on Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:50 pm

riskllama wrote:suiciding against some players is a punishable offence, against others - notsomuch... :? .

*ymmv

Lol thanks for the help. That’s not ambiguous at all :)
Cook Canag0d

Postby Canag0d on Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:54 pm

hajduk1911 wrote:
Canag0d wrote:Now normally I would just ignore this, however he sent me a private message stating that I am banned from all tournaments that “we” run. Implying that he has some power and can control my Conquer Club experience. I don’t know if this is true but I wanted to just see what’s up here.

unfortunately mods and admins are not really concerned if someone is abusing their power. They protect each other. I would not focus on this too much ...

Canag0d wrote:Additionally, this character has threatened me physically several times challenging me to go where he lives to “say it to his face”.

It depends on context but if he really was threatening you physically that is concerning and he should be banned.

Here is the PMs he sent me.

“ I am not your 'bro' you pathetic little twat and have zero need to prove anything to a feeble-minded prick like you. You play like a noob and have zero understanding of the game.

Let me know if you're ever in London. I doubt it as you are obviously unemployed and can never afford the airfare.

For now you can simply f*ck off.”

“ You are a prick, not a diplomat. I do not like cheats and liars who hide behind keyboards. Let me know when you're in town and you can have your say.

We run tournaments. You are excluded. Get lost.”

“ Let me know if you're ever in London dickhead. It will be nice to see how you lie and cheat without the keyboard”

Like I say I’m an adult and I will be foeing him when our games are over. I don’t need to report this.
Cook Canag0d

Postby Canag0d on Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:01 pm

Here were my PMs to him just to give you the full context. He sent the first message and mine were in reply to his 3 messages:

The first message I sent had the logs of our chat like I included above in my OP and then I went on to add this...

“ In a fog game you CAN shout how many troops the person gets at the start of the round and how many territories that person has. That is public info that all players can see.

You’re just mad that I used diplomacy to try and win. However if you look at the sites own description of itself the very first adjective is “diplomacy”. So don’t try and say I cheated because I didn’t.

You on the other hand shouted specific information that NOT all players could see. That is cheating.

I don’t know how to upload screenshots but I have them all and if this ever becomes an issue with me not getting into a tournament then I’ll be sure to include them.

I’ll also be including the physical threats of you telling me to come to London to say it to your face (which is obviously a physical threat).

Stop being a baby, you know full well you were in the lead and if we didn’t band together to stop you, you were on your way to winning.”

“Lol I did not lie and how did I cheat? Wow you’re being such a poor sport bro it’s pathetic. And the fact you have to keep using ad-hominems to attack me instead of making reasonable points or allegations shows me a lot.

Please provide proof of either lying or cheating please!”

“... And I’m the keyboard warrior?”

So as you can see I did not call him any names, I was as polite as I could be and I think I made rational points. The same cannot be said for him.
Cook Canag0d

Postby hajduk1911 on Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:06 pm

Canag0d wrote:
riskllama wrote:suiciding against some players is a punishable offence, against others - notsomuch... :? .

*ymmv

I think suiciding can also be part of the strategy. If you are playing more games you can punish someone for attacking you too much or something like that ... The reasoning can be that in other games they will be less likely to attack you as you will be considered more irrational type of player.

Now if he is suiciding in all games ... In my opinion that is just pathetic and you can add him to your foe list so you don't have to play with him any more
Brigadier hajduk1911

Postby Canag0d on Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:09 pm

hajduk1911 wrote:
Canag0d wrote:

*ymmv

I think suiciding can also be part of the strategy. If you are playing more games you can punish someone for attacking you too much or something like that ... The reasoning can be that in other games they will be less likely to attack you as you will be considered more irrational type of player.

Now if he is suiciding in all games ... In my opinion that is just pathetic and you can add him to your foe list so you don't have to play with him any more

I see...

No I haven’t attacked him really other than that one game where he had a huge lead. However, right after our fruckus earlier today he instantly attacked me with everything in our very next game ruining his chance to win. I mean... That’s not to deter me in other games. That’s just being vindictive.

Anyways thanks for all the advice guys appreciate it!
Cook Canag0d

Postby hajduk1911 on Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:19 pm

So, just to sum it up ... he called you feeble-minded prick dickhead noob who has zero understanding of the game.
In my opinion that is a serious insult.
Brigadier hajduk1911

Postby TeeGee on Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:00 pm

Hajduk, I am about to send you an official warning for giving misleading information.

Canag0d, Can you please send me a PM with the game numbers and report the PMs by clicking on the triangle with a red exclamation mark on it inside that PM. Thanks
Kotaro wrote:TG for site owner 2020
Field Marshal TeeGee

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby Canag0d on Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:01 pm

We should consider this matter closed. TEEGEE did an investigation and ruled this guy is not an admin and basically I will just foe him and move on.

I want to thank everyone who helped me but I will say that TEEGEE took this seriously. So I had a very pleasant and efficient experience with the mods.

Case closed let’s move on.
Cook Canag0d

Postby Silly Knig-it on Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:05 am

You are most welcome in any tournament I run and in any TPA (Tournament Players Association) tournament. In addition, I have never heard of such a ban spoken of in the Tournament Organizers forum (A private forum limited to those who have successfully organized and run at least 3 tournaments, but open to any who have.). Please come and play in as many tournaments as you wish.
Major Silly Knig-it
SoC Training Adviser

Postby HardAttack on Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:35 am

Canag0d wrote:We should consider this matter closed. TEEGEE did an investigation and ruled this guy is not an admin and basically I will just foe him and move on.

I want to thank everyone who helped me but I will say that TEEGEE took this seriously. So I had a very pleasant and efficient experience with the mods.

you are 100/100 allright,
you can call upon alliances (ONLY IN GAME CHAT, NOWHERE ELSE) but can not reveal the numbers in territories in a FoW game.
what you have done stays in rules, what he has done is rule infraction.

the consequetive reactions to come from him, it is BINGO, YOU FOUND A MORON sort of deal, congrats :))))

multiplayer games, significant of times, very chaotic, you gain advantage or momentum then others switch their guns on you then immediately you find urself fighting 1 vs 7 in a 8 player game.
that is why i dislike MP things.

all the times, do not hesitate to touch with MODERATORS to get your official and the rightmost answers as long as you feel you are abused.
they are here to HELP community, and you are one of them they mean to help.
Colonel HardAttack

Postby i-andrei on Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:40 am

HardAttack wrote:
Canag0d wrote:We should consider this matter closed. TEEGEE did an investigation and ruled this guy is not an admin and basically I will just foe him and move on.

you can call upon alliances (ONLY IN GAME CHAT, NOWHERE ELSE) but can not reveal the numbers in territories in a FoW game.

the consequetive reactions to come from him, it is BINGO, YOU FOUND A MORON sort of deal, congrats :))))

multiplayer games, significant of times, very chaotic, you gain advantage or momentum then others switch their guns on you then immediately you find urself fighting 1 vs 7 in a 8 player game.

all the times, do not hesitate to touch with MODERATORS to get your official and the rightmost answers as long as you feel you are abused.
they are here to HELP community, and you are one of them.

Why isn't it allowed to call out stack numbers?
People could believe me or not, but It's my choice if i do it or not, as long as it's in Game chat and nowhere else.
Major i-andrei

Postby HardAttack on Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:51 am

i-andrei wrote:
HardAttack wrote:

they are here to HELP community, and you are one of them.

Why isn't it allowed to call out stack numbers?
People could believe me or not, but It's my choice if i do it or not, as long as it's in Game chat and nowhere else.

It is a violation of FoW phylosophia. That is the reason. Once you do, you sort of conflict with game settings, harras it.
As far as i know, you can not reveal where your opponents are, how many units there are bla bla... Everyone should know whatever they see under the fog or read from the game chat, you should not give extra information to bypass what FoW serves. In short, you should not remove the fog.
Colonel HardAttack

Postby IcePack on Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:29 am

You can certainly reveal that info people may not like it but it’s allowed within diplomacy.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Donelladan on Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:38 am

Everyone should know whatever they see under the fog or read from the game chat, you should not give extra information to bypass what FoW serves. In short, you should not remove the fog.

You're mistaken, it's quite a common mistake though.
But you can say literally whatever you want in a fog game : troops position and amount of troops, which bonus are hold by a player, anything.
You can even post a link to a screenshot of the game on the chat showing all that you can see if you wish ( there was a case on C&A about it a while back, it is allowed).
The so-called fog-etiquette is not something enforced by the site rule. A few people adhere to it, but most of the time people do say everything in the game. Lying about stack and troop number can be a big part of a fog multiplayer game, they're more fun that way.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby HardAttack on Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:59 am

Thanks for heads up.
Did not know about it.

Btw, i would appreciate if the link for that particular CA case provided.
Colonel HardAttack

Postby Donelladan on Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:23 am

Brigadier Donelladan

Postby general cod on Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:58 am

I think you should go to london and fight him....
Lieutenant general cod

Postby HardAttack on Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:03 pm

Donelladan wrote:https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=239&t=216942

may i ask if that debate ended as it was there, or did we have another one that continiued ? In general discussions forum for example ?
yes, i may do my own research, but i was not around and probably it is somewhere, died out and not easy for me to find where...

so i am keen to bring it up and heat it back again.
my point is not going to be popping up a flame war, of course not, but a delicate discussion it is what my all point is gonna be.

once again, do you guys know any link where CC discussed FoW etiquete ?
Colonel HardAttack

Postby Canag0d on Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:01 pm

general cod wrote:I think you should go to london and fight him....

I’ll have to start a go fund me because I have no job and can’t afford the airfare :lol:
Cook Canag0d

Next

Return to Conquer Club Discussion