Conquer Club

Question About Etiquete

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Question About Etiquete

Postby Donelladan on Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:47 pm

@HardAttack
discussion continued a bit >>here<< based on my initiative but I am not sure you'll find this very interesting reading.

I do not know about other topic talking about fog etiquette in general, those might be very old.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby Davie.K on Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:14 pm

Canag0d wrote:
general cod wrote:I think you should go to london and fight him....

I’ll have to start a go fund me because I have no job and can’t afford the airfare :lol:

Or the hotel for quarantine before you do the deed ;)
Lieutenant Davie.K

Postby Arama86n on Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:35 pm

Donelladan wrote:
Everyone should know whatever they see under the fog or read from the game chat, you should not give extra information to bypass what FoW serves. In short, you should not remove the fog.

You're mistaken, it's quite a common mistake though.
But you can say literally whatever you want in a fog game : troops position and amount of troops, which bonus are hold by a player, anything.
You can even post a link to a screenshot of the game on the chat showing all that you can see if you wish ( there was a case on C&A about it a while back, it is allowed).
The so-called fog-etiquette is not something enforced by the site rule. A few people adhere to it, but most of the time people do say everything in the game. Lying about stack and troop number can be a big part of a fog multiplayer game, they're more fun that way.

Sad to hear that. :(
I totally understand why it is allowed to disclose information in chat. As others have stated, you can't be sure if someone is telling the truth anyway.
But allowing screenshots to be sent is... sad.
Sure the ruling stated that the screenshot could theoretically be modified, but...
Major Arama86n

Postby rockfist on Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:29 pm

I think everyone has slightly different views on this. I don't reveal exact stack numbers but if someone is super strong or laying back I point that out. Some people may reveal exact stack numbers, but then are they telling the truth?

I recently played a fog game where one of my opponents accused me of having a strategy where I was attempting to build armies to win the game...nah I just thought I'd have no strategy at all...I'm sure my other opponents thought likewise...unfortunately the goon suicided me on the last turn.
Major rockfist

Postby Canag0d on Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:57 pm

People always get butt hurt regardless. I’ve been guilty of it myself if I’m honest. Pure rage lol.

However I think people should not shout any info not publicly provided (Like amount of troops received or amount of territories). I also believe in chivalry, rational thought and critical thinking so obviously I’m the minority these days.
Cook Canag0d

Postby HardAttack on Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:25 pm

Donelladan wrote:@HardAttack
discussion continued a bit >>here<< based on my initiative but I am not sure you'll find this very interesting reading.

I do not know about other topic talking about fog etiquette in general, those might be very old.

i got my answer out of the voting in below;
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=235066

i have left nothing to discuss, speak or discuss...
right or wrong it is majority rules...

thank you Don O:)
Colonel HardAttack

Postby Shannon Apple on Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:46 pm

hajduk1911 wrote:unfortunately mods and admins are not really concerned if someone is abusing their power. They protect each other. I would not focus on this too much....

This isn't true in the slightest. Hajduk just isn't the happiest of campers because he was being a brat. :lol:

No member of Team CC would ever tell you that they would exclude you from tournaments based on the outcome of a game. If they did, you could report them to an admin. Mods are not above the rules. ;)

I see from later posts that it definitely wasn't anyone on the team, but just to let people know that we are bound by the same rules as everyone else, and this is ESPECIALLY true in games. Not that anyone on the current team would ever behave like that, but just putting it out there that we do answer to higher ups.

As for the fog games...

I wouldn't worry too much about etiquette as it's all part of the diplomacy. Not saying I agree with people revealing stacks, but people do lie. I have seen it myself where someone who was the strongest player tried to shift focus from himself. But by concentrating on the game logs and keeping snaps, you can often make those decisions for yourself.
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Colonel Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Previous

Return to Conquer Club Discussion