Conquer Club

FoW Etiquette and Site Ruling Due

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Do you want FoW Etiquete be set as a site rule, please explain

Poll ended at Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:08 pm

Yes, i would like to see FoW etiquete be set as a site rule
28%
No, i am fine with any and every sort of in game diplomacy including revealing hidden territories and numbers of an opponent.
67%
No idea
6%

Total votes : 18

FoW Etiquette and Site Ruling Due

Postby HardAttack on Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:21 pm

Today, i have learnt something quite interesting, maybe exciting though, to some degree strange it is.
That is, in FoW games, players can reveal any and everything out loud, even take snapshots to be visible to him and post in game chat the snap to let other players see the parts they were not visible without posted snapshot for them.

First of all, i did not know that to the day. Secondly, i am surprised out of the feeling why do we have FoW then.
I am liking to advise the below CA case for user reading...
viewtopic.php?f=239&t=216942

this link is a 4 years old CA closed case, it is locked as far as i know, therefore post your thoughts down here, if any, please.
my point is NOT to downgrade or detiorate ADMIN/MODERATOR verdicts but this is all about an intellectual discussion from old days to the day.

Tell me pls, giving out wrong information about territories and numbers to those who can not see what you see, sits in rules, huh ?
Or, do photoshop work, and change it the numbers, territs, anything and pots that modified editted version of map to let oother players see and believe your fake editted version of scrren shot to cheat your opponents, as far as i see, it still stays within rules, is it ?
Last edited by HardAttack on Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Colonel HardAttack

Re: FoW Etiquete and Site Ruling Due

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:50 pm

I actually can't believe anyone is ok with someone snapping in a fog game and posting the screenshot. that is a foed for life move imo. the talking thing is what it is, as stated people can lie, whatever. that said, not sure what the site can do. i mean if you wanna be that kind of prick i have to think most players would not want to play another fog game with you anyways if that's what you're going to do so, community policing.
Major Nut Shot Scott

Postby HardAttack on Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:02 pm

Nut Shot Scott wrote:I actually can't believe anyone is ok with someone snapping in a fog game and posting the screenshot. that is a foed for life move imo. the talking thing is what it is, as stated people can lie, whatever. that said, not sure what the site can do. i mean if you wanna be that kind of prick i have to think most players would not want to play another fog game with you anyways if that's what you're going to do so, community policing.

major reason i stopped playing MP games, basically the thing lots of ppl call it diplomacy, secret one of explicit one.
maybe there should be an option to mute game chat, disable it.
everyone play its own thing without any diplomacy whatsoever.
otherwise, once i go for a bonus or once i spread over, i see my majority of opponents start hitting me while the provacator, or say the diplomat (the guy who conducts diplomacy) benefit from the manipulations...

what is the role of the diplomat in such a game, or what is the message...
manipulate others, let them fight over each other, and you take the advantage out of it.
this is a dark zone, there is no right or wrong to the point.

Your reaction here, a very evidence to project light over how we community are divided, a significant portion say it is diplomacy and part of strategy,
at the blue corner, i agree with you scott, we hate those who break the fow etiquete, reveal everything out loud, regardless of the information is correct or false.
what sort of game chat at the end do we expect to have ?
or how many foes are we going to have after couple of MP games played, or lets say if we are going to keep playing MP anymore.

these choices i make, might look to be my own problems...
dont know.
Colonel HardAttack

Postby hajduk1911 on Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:06 pm

HardAttack wrote:what is the role of the diplomat in such a game, or what is the message...
manipulate others, let them fight over each other, and you take the advantage out of it.

Divide et impera :geek:
I am not a moderator or an administrator and anything I say may or may not be an official stand of Conquer Club
Brigadier hajduk1911

Postby jfm10 on Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:06 pm

HardAttack wrote:
Nut Shot Scott wrote:I actually can't believe anyone is ok with someone snapping in a fog game and posting the screenshot. that is a foed for life move imo. the talking thing is what it is, as stated people can lie, whatever. that said, not sure what the site can do. i mean if you wanna be that kind of prick i have to think most players would not want to play another fog game with you anyways if that's what you're going to do so, community policing.

major reason i stopped playing MP games, basically the thing lots of ppl call it diplomacy, secret one of explicit one.
maybe there should be an option to mute game chat, disable it.
everyone play its own thing without any diplomacy whatsoever.
otherwise, once i go for a bonus or once i spread over, i see my majority of opponents start hitting me while the provacator, or say the diplomat (the guy who conducts diplomacy) benefit from the manipulations...

what is the role of the diplomat in such a game, or what is the message...
this is a dark zone, there is no right or wrong to the point.

Your reaction here, a very evidence to project light over how we community are divided, a significant portion say it is diplomacy and part of strategy,
at the blue corner, i agree with you scott, we hate those who break the fow etiquete, reveal everything out loud, regardless of the information is correct or false.
what sort of game chat at the end do we expect to have ?
or how many foes are we going to have after couple of MP games played, or lets say if we are going to keep playing MP anymore.

these choices i make, might look to be my own problems...
dont know.

You should have attached a poll so you would get a better reflection on personal opinion. You can sit on either side of a fence with a poll but one side or the other would feel forced to defend thier written opinion.
Cook jfm10

Postby Canag0d on Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:09 pm

I was always under the impression that it was an “unwritten rule”. I never thought it OFFICIALLY broke any rules to shout on a fow game. However I play to have fun games and I let my rank fall where it lands. I’d rather have a really fun game and lose than win a game where everyone misses turns or something like that.

Additionally for Hard Attack. You seem like a great guy I like your style. I can tell English isn’t your first language (even though your English is awesome!). So maybe you are confused as to what etiquette is.

It’s not an official rule. For example/ no murdering people is a law. However lying to people Is not illegal. However, it is bad “etiquette” to lie to people. You won’t go to jail for lying to your mother... But it’s bad etiquette.

Hope that helps!
Cook Canag0d

Postby HardAttack on Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:13 pm

Canag0d wrote:I was always under the impression that it was an “unwritten rule”. I never thought it OFFICIALLY broke any rules to shout on a fow game. However I play to have fun games and I let my rank fall where it lands. I’d rather have a really fun game and lose than win a game where everyone misses turns or something like that.

Additionally for Hard Attack. You seem like a great guy I like your style. I can tell English isn’t your first language (even though your English is awesome!). So maybe you are confused as to what etiquette is.

It’s not an official rule. For example/ no murdering people is a law. However lying to people Is not illegal. However, it is bad “etiquette” to lie to people. You won’t go to jail for lying to your mother... But it’s bad etiquette.

Hope that helps!

Ty for your kind words Canag0d,
you are right, structured this topic very quick that costed me missing it.
Lets say, maybe i am willing to see the etiquette becomes a rule. I dont think it will...Just discussing O:)
Colonel HardAttack

Postby Canag0d on Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:18 pm

HardAttack wrote:
Canag0d wrote:I was always under the impression that it was an “unwritten rule”. I never thought it OFFICIALLY broke any rules to shout on a fow game. However I play to have fun games and I let my rank fall where it lands. I’d rather have a really fun game and lose than win a game where everyone misses turns or something like that.

Hope that helps!

Lets say, maybe i am willing to see the etiquette becomes a rule. I dont think it will...Just discussing O:)

I agree I wish it was a rule. The big problem I see though is it would be a really hard rule to enforce and would take the mods a lot of time to deal with all the complaints.

Also I can see a lot of “false” complaints from people being poor sports as well.

In a perfect world I would wish it Was illegal, however it just might be too much work to be practical.
Cook Canag0d

Postby HardAttack on Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:23 pm

Canag0d wrote:
HardAttack wrote:

Hope that helps!

I agree I wish it was a rule. The big problem I see though is it would be a really hard rule to enforce and would take the mods a lot of time to deal with all the complaints.

Also I can see a lot of “false” complaints from people being poor sports as well.

In a perfect world I would wish it Was illegal, however it just might be too much work to be practical.

Good luck, happy huntings, have fun and sort of greetings messages are welcome, on the other hand, maybe we can be given an option for a game of total slience.
A muted game chat option i might suggest. Players are with their capabilities with whatever they read from game logs.
Maybe.
Colonel HardAttack

Re: FoW Etiquette and Site Ruling Due

Postby hajduk1911 on Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:27 pm

It would just chang open diplomacy with secret diplomacy (inbox) .
It would be much worse than it is now ...
I am not a moderator or an administrator and anything I say may or may not be an official stand of Conquer Club
Brigadier hajduk1911

Postby HardAttack on Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:33 pm

hajduk1911 wrote:It would just chang open diplomacy with secret diplomacy (inbox) .
It would be much worse than it is now ...

you are right. :)
Colonel HardAttack

Postby riskllama on Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:53 pm

3/10... :?
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:52 pm

I learned long ago that most people announcing troop numbers in a foggy game are lying. Nowadays it goes in one ear and out the other.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby Canag0d on Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:37 am

Dukasaur wrote:I learned long ago that most people announcing troop numbers in a foggy game are lying. Nowadays it goes in one ear and out the other.

I’ll remember your flaws...

On a side note where in Niagara you from?
Cook Canag0d

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:50 am

Canag0d wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:I learned long ago that most people announcing troop numbers in a foggy game are lying. Nowadays it goes in one ear and out the other.

Right in the Falls. You?
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby hajduk1911 on Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:51 am

Mostly the ones that started announcing from the beginning of the game ...

The ones that start talking once it is obvious that one player is in a such lead that if other players don't team up the game is over are usually telling the trouth ...
Brigadier hajduk1911

Postby Canag0d on Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:34 am

Dukasaur wrote:
Canag0d wrote:

Right in the Falls. You?

LOL I live on Kalar rd haha... Crazy!
Cook Canag0d

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:59 am

Canag0d wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
Canag0d wrote:

Right in the Falls. You?

LOL I live on Kalar rd haha... Crazy!

Wow! Hi neighbour!

:D
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby HardAttack on Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:37 am

Seems like the vote is losing, but why not, this thread let two cute neighboors find each other =D> =D>
long live polyanna

Colonel HardAttack

Postby Canag0d on Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:54 pm

HardAttack wrote:Seems like the vote is losing, but why not, this thread let two cute neighboors find each other =D> =D>
long live polyanna

Lol he actually is basically my neighbour. He lives right down the street from me haha. My street and his street are touching each other!
Cook Canag0d

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:40 am

Who cares, the real question is, why do we not have autosnaps yet XD
High Score: 3435
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby HardAttack on Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:16 am

Swimmerdude99 wrote:Who cares, the real question is, why do we not have autosnaps yet XD

yeahhh
Colonel HardAttack

Postby Mad777 on Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:00 am

HardAttack wrote:
Swimmerdude99 wrote:Who cares, the real question is, why do we not have autosnaps yet XD

yeahhh

hopefully soon, I have my sheet of paper full for webmaster to work on those site wide poll subjects...as long as there isn't technical hurdle, I want to feel positive this may be implemented *fingers crossed
".....We are Groot!....."
Captain Mad777

Return to Conquer Club Discussion