Conquer Club

Time Travel RISK

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Time Travel RISK

Postby LightInDarkness on Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:44 pm

Ok, so i know that this would be too difficult to do on a real gameboard in your livingroom, but what if there was a way to play online RISK where players could go back in time to previous turns to bring in some reinforcements to themselves for previous turns and change the trajectory of the game? This would mean that the entire game would shift back to previous turns with automatic replacement of troops and cards and possible reinstatement of eliminated players. Players would have to structure themselves differently to prepare for a return to old turns.
I see a lot of weird ways to play RISK (nuclear, zombie, etc.) So i just thought I would ask for feedback to see what others thought about it...
Sergeant LightInDarkness

Re: Time Travel RISK

Postby keyborn on Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:19 am

I could see where this would only help the losing player or team. The side that had the advantage when the game went back to previous rounds would kind of feel like they were stuck in the mud, replaying turns. You ever see the movie "Groundhog Day?" Dice could possibly change the outcome, but most of us would probably like to move on to another game whether winning or losing.
Brigadier keyborn

Return to Conquer Club Discussion