Conquer Club

Fyrdraca, JPlo64, groovysmurf - is this poor sportmanship?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Is exploiting these rules loophole poor sportmanship?

Yes
21%
No
79%

Total votes : 70

Re: Fyrdraca, JPlo64, groovysmurf - is this poor sportmanshi

Postby Conchobar on Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:26 am

Evil Semp wrote:
Shannon Apple wrote:Is it poor sportsmanship? I would say yes. The player is making the next person wait out the full 24 hours just so that they can avoid taking a card. I certainly wouldn't consider it good sportsmanship lol.

But would I get angry at a player for doing that? No. The site allows it, so it's just another tool for people to take advantage of. It's like the whole fog snap thing. You can't force players to let you take a snap, you just have to hope that they are cool enough to wait. The only way these things can be remedied is to make them a part of the code: autosnap and autocard. Until that happens, there will be people out there that will use any tool they can to win a game, even if it's not the nice thing to do. lol.

One you start your turn you have 1 hour. The wait would be a litttttlllleeee shorter.

Thank you! I was going to correct her on that. The problem with autocards for escalating and flat rate is a player being rewarded for screwing up. I've accidentally timed out a few times and have had opponents accidentally time out, it's the worst and shouldn't be rewarded. Well actually the worst is starting your turn and not deploying then running out of time and losing the troops into a black hole for eternity and not even getting deferred troops, yuk! :sick:

Anyway, I got really bored of your whining josko so didn't bother reading your last few posts. It's not a clan event so the rule in there is irrelevant. Nobody cares to go through your game history, (I mean Jaysus I'd rather shove red hot shish kabobs into my eyes), and as you can see nobody cares in general. So please just shut up and stop repeatedly naming and pathetically trying to shame very well respected members of this site. All you are achieving now is making yourself seem like a pitiful crybaby. End this nonsense and pointless thread and build a bridge and get over it already. :-({|=
Colonel Conchobar

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:07 am

josko.ri wrote:
mookiemcgee wrote:I feel confident the OP would do the exact same thing given the chance.

wasn't there already an official ruling on this? Why now an poor attempt at public shaming?

This is wrong assumption by you.

I have played more than 10.000 escalating games and I have never exploited this loophole although I knew it exists and had a chance to exploit it many times.

If you can find only one my escalating game where I exploited this, then please post it here publicly and I will apologize for telling lie.

Otherwise, if you cannot find any case in past 12 years of my site activity where I exploited this rule, then it is really unfair to assume that I would also do the same if I had chance.

Therefore, knowing that me and my team would never exploit this rule on this way, and my opponents did it, gave unfair additional strategical option to my opponents, which might be analogous to dope in sports because it artificially raises your abilities in the game.

That seems like an arbitrary thing though. I could just decide that "I never attack Kamchatka unless it's the last territory on the map" and then complain that it gives my opponents an unfair additional strategical option. If you choose to not play the game within the rules based on some arbitrary concept, you are purposely making yourself weaker for no reason. It doesn't give you a right to complain about it.

It's not poor sportsmanship any more than clicking "Join Games" is poor sportsmanship.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:08 am

why did i read this

what a waste of time

gonna go lick a window or something
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby 2dimes on Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:28 am

:lol:
Private 1st Class 2dimes

Postby i-andrei on Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:10 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:why did i read this

what a waste of time

gonna go lick a window or something

You just found out josko will win another tournament and a mega tournament on top of that.
Stay informed!
Major i-andrei

Postby IcePack on Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:27 am

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Shannon Apple on Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:06 pm

Evil Semp wrote:
One you start your turn you have 1 hour. The wait would be a litttttlllleeee shorter.

I honestly don't know where I put my brain these days. Yes, that makes sense. :lol:
00:33:53 ā€¹riskllamaā€ŗ will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ I doubt it
00:34:30 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ I don't think she's into farm animals
Colonel Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Evil Semp on Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:46 pm

Shannon Apple wrote:
Evil Semp wrote:

I honestly don't know where I put my brain these days. Yes, that makes sense. :lol:

After reading all the posts in this thread it can turn your brain into mush. I just wish I could use that excuse.
Sergeant 1st Class Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Elaterate on Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:35 am

This is too damn funny...

josko.ri wrote:If you can find only one my escalating game where I exploited this, then please post it here publicly and I will apologize for telling lie.

josko.ri wrote: Whoever shows only one my past escalating spoils game where I used this strategy can prove that I am telling lie, if so.

Don: "Here's a game with different spoils" (exploiting loophole OP is complaining about)

josko.ri wrote:Go show one my past escalating 1v1 or team game (out of more than 10.000 played) and show it as the undermining evidence of my false statements, if you can. But I tell you openly, you cannot, because I am not poor sportmanship player.

josko.ri wrote:Also Donelladan, the fact that you searched for evidence to personally undermine me in a Nuclear Monster Royale 18-player multiplayer game shows enough how much was your intention to just undermine me

You asked multiple times for someone to go digging and the first person to show some sort of similar evidence is just doing it to undermine you?? Get over yourself man ;)

You can change the settings of what you want people to look at all you want..... YOU have exploited this loophole in the past so really have nothing to complain about especially considering it was not against any RULES.

BabySasuke wrote:its unsportmanlike to hand games to tribe members too, but you where all for that before you got your hand slapped?

Would love to hear your response on this ;)

josko.ri wrote:If green player did not intentionally run out of card, then even with having 2 pairs cyan player would have very easy shot on win, by attacking 15v1,1,1,2 (98.5%) and 25v1,1,1,2,9 (94%)

unless it's 100% this is irrelevant in my opinion :lol: :lol: :roll:

Poker players can and do lose lots of money to 6% odds... Should they ask for a replay if their opponent started celebrating and taunting them (poor sportsmanship)?
Major Elaterate

Postby Extreme Ways on Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:09 am

Elaterate wrote:
josko.ri wrote:If green player did not intentionally run out of card, then even with having 2 pairs cyan player would have very easy shot on win, by attacking 15v1,1,1,2 (98.5%) and 25v1,1,1,2,9 (94%)

unless it's 100% this is irrelevant in my opinion :lol: :lol: :roll:

Poker players can and do lose lots of money to 6% odds... Should they ask for a replay if their opponent started celebrating and taunting them (poor sportsmanship)?

Nah this is relevant, because it shows that the strategic decision had a great impact on the game. The odds went from some 90+% number to 37%. Josko is complaining that his 6% shot to fail became a 63% shot to fail due to what he perceives as poor sportsmanship and abuse of a loophole/game mechanic. Aint nobody complaining if cyan had missed a card on purpose resulting in being stuck on a 2pair.
REP, ex-TOFU, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
Brigadier Extreme Ways

Postby Elaterate on Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:28 am

Also note...

josko.ri wrote:versus me you have negative head-to-head records of 28-32 in combined 1v1 and poly games... Therefore, it must be hard for you to accept that you hardly beat me in games...

Considering you where player 1 in EVERY non-tournament game (meaning it was your "home" map)... I would consider Don's "hardly beating you" 28-32 record 10x more impressive than your 2 games above 50% record ;)

Having a winning record "over 25+ games" on your "home" map(s) is nothing to brag imo :roll:
Major Elaterate

Postby rockfist on Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:48 pm

josko.ri wrote:
Donelladan wrote: I challenge you to a best of 61 one man clan war style anytime. You'll stfu once we're done.

We already have framework for this challenge because both you and me are participating in IcePack's one man clan challenge which will have mega finale with top 2 players from each of four editions.

I already publicly claim here that mega finale of this event will be won by me, and you can publicliy use my claim later on to show that I lied in case that it wont be won by me.

So you will surely have that chance to beat me in best-of-61 clan war very soon, unless if someone else eliminates you before you reach me.

Iā€™m getting my popcorn ready for this.
Major rockfist

Postby Caymanmew on Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:09 pm

josko.ri wrote:And this is not the case only versus you, but I have positive head-to-head score versus everyone else on the site versus whom I played 25 or more combined 1v1, poly and teams games in lifetime (of course, this statement can be easily double checked versus every other player, in case that someone does not believe to my claim).

I figured with all your big statements you're making I might as well do some fact-checking as it seems you're very much full of yourself. You keep making such definite statements like this without actually doing proper fact-checking then suggest someone else do the fact-checking to prove you wrong. I'm sure you figure no one will spend the time doing it or if they do they wouldn't look in the right places... Hell, maybe you actually are conceited enough to think you have a positive combined 1v1, poly, and team record vs every member of the site...

But whatever, my quick research found you have less than 50% win rate vs erazor over 35 games combined 1v1, poly, and team (you have only played them 1v1).
Colonel Caymanmew
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby josko.ri on Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:34 am

Caymanmew wrote:
josko.ri wrote:And this is not the case only versus you, but I have positive head-to-head score versus everyone else on the site versus whom I played 25 or more combined 1v1, poly and teams games in lifetime (of course, this statement can be easily double checked versus every other player, in case that someone does not believe to my claim).

Well, this is complete BS. I figured with all your big statements you're making I might as well do some fact-checking as it seems you're very much full of yourself. You keep making such definite statements like this without actually doing proper fact-checking then suggest someone else do the fact-checking to prove you wrong. I'm sure you figure no one will spend the time doing it or if they do they wouldn't look in the right places... Hell, maybe you actually are conceited enough to think you have a positive combined 1v1, poly, and team record vs every member of the site...

But whatever, my quick research found you have less than 50% win rate vs erazor over 35 games combined 1v1, poly, and team (you have only played them 1v1).

So ya, quit it with your Bull Shit dude...

When i made this statement, i have checked statistics vs all famous players on CC such as Don and for all of them my statement was true. Last my game vs erazor was played more than 10 years ago so i completely forgot to check my score vs him. In fact the score is 17-18 in erazor's favor but all games were played on his home map ww2 poland and on the time when i was beginner on cc. But it is easy to settle down, i will offer to erazor some new games if he likes.

Other player who has positive score vs me is bigwham who lead vs me 13-11 but that is less than 25 games played.
Lieutenant josko.ri

Postby Conchobar on Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:24 am

So has this thread just turned into all of us being forced to watch josko wank himself off? Can admin kindly close it down now please? :sick:
Colonel Conchobar

Postby Caymanmew on Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:51 am

josko.ri wrote:
Caymanmew wrote:

Well, this is complete BS. I figured with all your big statements you're making I might as well do some fact-checking as it seems you're very much full of yourself. You keep making such definite statements like this without actually doing proper fact-checking then suggest someone else do the fact-checking to prove you wrong. I'm sure you figure no one will spend the time doing it or if they do they wouldn't look in the right places... Hell, maybe you actually are conceited enough to think you have a positive combined 1v1, poly, and team record vs every member of the site...

When i made this statement, i have checked statistics vs all famous players on CC such as Don and for all of them my statement was true. Last my game vs erazor was played more than 10 years ago so i completely forgot to check my score vs him. In fact the score is 17-18 in erazor's favor but all games were played on his home map ww2 poland and on the time when i was beginner on cc. But it is easy to settle down, i will offer to erazor some new games if he likes.

Other player who has positive score vs me is bigwham who lead vs me 13-11 but that is less than 25 games played.

I see you sent erazor some cricket invites, that should safely increase your winrate vs him... you know, giving he has only ever played one game on the map and it is quite complicated. Nice to see you're not above farming people... some real solid sportsmanship there...

Too bad you can't fix these things vs certain others. Such as Great Ollie who has a better head-to-head record vs you, well unless you consider the times where you had your friends helping you, which obviously you do...
Colonel Caymanmew
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby HardAttack on Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:01 am

Caymanmew wrote:
josko.ri wrote:
Caymanmew wrote:

I see you sent erazor some cricket invites, that should safely increase your winrate vs him... you know, giving he has only ever played one game on the map and it is quite complicated. Nice to see you're not above farming people... some real solid sportsmanship there...

Too bad you can't fix these things vs certain others. Such as Great Ollie who has a better head-to-head record vs you, well unless you consider the times where you had your friends helping you, which obviously you do...

is this the topic against whom josko got better score or vice cersa ?
last couple of post of yours, you are taking josko personally, am i wrong ?
it is so similar case of your behaviour once you called me to fck off especially when i underlined and stressed with bold characters that that word got me irritated.

since you are a moderator,
why do not you approach in a more relax and peacefully ?
why do you tend to use street jargon so frequently ?
who got you be a moderator, a volunteer really ?
are you bossing us, or playing the though guy on the street ?
Colonel HardAttack

Postby Elaterate on Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:12 am

Conchobar wrote:So has this thread just turned into all of us being forced to watch josko wank himself off? Can admin kindly close it down now please? :sick:

More like making a fool of himself =D>

It has gone from "show me one game" to...

"show me 1v1 or team game" to...

"all famous players" to...

(paraphrasing here)... "I only played his home maps so it doesn't count. Don playing only my home maps counts but this one doesn't because I was only a noob. I will try to farm erazor on a map I know well and he doesn't because I always play with good sportsmanship."

:roll: :roll: =D>
Major Elaterate

Postby josko.ri on Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:21 am

Caymanmew wrote:
josko.ri wrote:
Caymanmew wrote:

After I played 35 games in erazor's home map wouldnt it be fair to take on some other map for change? Also in cricket map with these settings that i sent him off i have 0% winning percentage so far in my career. It is not that i sent him map that i am particularly good at but i just sent map which was already in my "waiting games" list for several days as it is part of official cc challenge where someone other decided map and settings, not me.

Erazor played 1321 maps on ww2 poland and i played 49 besides games vs him. So you tell nothing when i was disadvanaged to erazor due to insufficient map experience but you dare to call me out that i am farming him on Cricket, which is also not my map naturally?

You are incredible, i cannot even play some randomly chosen map where i am also not particularly good without you calling me out.

I have positive 18-17 score vs Great-Ollie in combined 1v1 poly and team games. So i dont know what are you talking about?
Lieutenant josko.ri

Postby josko.ri on Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:38 am

It has gone from "show me one game" to...
It was show me one escalating game, which nobody showed.

"show me 1v1 or team game" to...
Still, nobody showed this.

"all famous players" to...
Nobody showed one famous player who has positive score vs me. Erazor is not so famous.

(paraphrasing here)... "I only played his home maps so it doesn't count. Don playing only my home maps counts but this one doesn't because I was only a noob. I will try to farm erazor on a map I know well and he doesn't because I always play with good sportsmanship."
I sent him invitation on map and settings that i have 0-1 score (0%) in my entire career. Before that, we played 35 games on ww2 poland where he has 1321 games played in lifetime and i had 49 games besides games vs him. Who is then farmed here, think twice?

Elaterate,
I know you want to put me down baby but please try harder because you have no valid arguments.
Lieutenant josko.ri

Postby Elaterate on Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:43 am

0% = a big whopping 0-1 "career" =D>
Major Elaterate

Postby rockfist on Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:44 am

Its hard to measure motivation across all sorts of games.
Major rockfist

Postby Caymanmew on Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:48 am

josko.ri wrote:After I played 35 games in erazor's home map wouldnt it be fair to take on some other map for change? Also in cricket map with these settings that i sent him off i have 0% winning percentage so far in my career. It is not that i sent him map that i am particularly good at but i just sent map which was already in my "waiting games" list for several days as it is part of official cc challenge where someone other decided map and settings, not me.

Erazor played 1321 maps on ww2 poland and i played 49 besides games vs him. So you tell nothing when i was disadvanaged to erazor due to insufficient map experience but you dare to call me out that i am farming him on Cricket, which is also not my map naturally?

Yes, you and your incredible struggles on cricket, well documented as 71% win rate over 35 1v1 and poly games... 72% over 43 games if you insist on including team games. Yes Josko i do dare to call you out on your BS. You want to make absolute statements that are factually incorrect with the hope no one notices the inconsistencies... Don't get upset if someone notices and calls you out...

josko.ri wrote:
You are incredible

Thanks, man, means a lot that you see me as incredible. :)

josko.ri wrote:I have positive 18-17 score vs Great-Ollie in combined 1v1 poly and team games. So i dont know what are you talking about?

As I said, with regards to Great-Ollie, you have a negative 14-11 record in 1v1 and poly, only when you have your friends help you (team games) do you have the better record. I find it quite sad you are relying on others as a crutch in order to bring your record above Great-Ollie, and others. In situations such as these, where you're claiming superiority due to your record, your best to make sure that record is yours alone, without the help or interference of others.
Colonel Caymanmew
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby riskllama on Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:00 am

Lieutenant riskllama

Postby rockfist on Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:04 am

I disagree somewhat about team games. When I look at myself the team clan games are the games I place the highest emphasis on. Its not that I don't care at all about the other games, its that I don't care as much or put as much time/effort into them for the most part. If Josko looks at it the same then I don't see it as "his friends helping him." as much as a matter of motivation. But, if we are going to question his motivation, you have to look at his opponents motivation too and that is subjective. So its all a matter of conjecture.
Major rockfist

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion