Conquer Club

Fyrdraca, JPlo64, groovysmurf - is this poor sportmanship?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Is exploiting these rules loophole poor sportmanship?

Yes
21%
No
79%

Total votes : 70

Re: Fyrdraca, JPlo64, groovysmurf - is this poor sportmanshi

Postby Extreme Ways on Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:05 am

josko.ri wrote:
Extreme Ways wrote:
Extreme Ways wrote:
show

For what it's worth, while I know that you were simply looking for evidence to counter Josko's claim, it would have been worth a lot more if the counterexample would have been an, with all respect to erazor, accomplished and respected player in the community and preferably also an all-round player.

So I looked around a little and found that agentcom, now retired, is 9-0 poly however all of these games featured deadbeats so something IRL probably came up for Josko. However, in teamgames Agent is 8-5, so it still counts?

Versus agentcom 5-8 losing in team games, 0-9 losing in poly but obviously all poly were my deadbeats due to RL struggles. However, in 1v1 i beat him 40-16 so combined 1v1, poly and team games are 45-33 in my favor even when these nine deadbeats are included as agentcom's wins.

While 40-16 is statistically relevant, I generally exclude 1v1s from the scores. You're right though, you have a positive record overall.
REP, ex-TOFU, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
Brigadier Extreme Ways

Postby Donelladan on Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:29 am

josko.ri wrote: Should good players be restricted to play on their 100 thebest maps or otherwise that would be farming? See how funny are your arguments

It doesn't really matter how good you are on the map. Even if your win rate is only 40% on a given map, you can still be farming on it.
What matter is that the map is complex, you know the map, and your opponent doesn't.

You specifically would be farming on any (complex) map, if you invite a noob on the map.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby 4 U 2 NV on Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:54 am

i voted no.

cheers,
Major 4 U 2 NV

Postby rockfist on Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:01 am

Extreme Ways wrote:
rockfist wrote:Isn't this a bit like asking why Hamilton has always had a very good car in F-1? Of course Josko could join a bottom tier clan and (although he may disagree with this) players like me would more than likely have our way with him. But, why should he?

Although I know S&M teams have peaks and valleys of motivation, I would put forth that they are generally more motivated than most teams - more motivated than TOFU/Fallen/LHDD? Sometimes. Sometimes the opposite.

But I suspect in CL and some other competitions S&M gets clans very best shots at times. I've seen TOFU get clan's best shots, particularly in that competition. I can't imagine its way different in S&M, but perhaps Extreme Ways can comment on that.

I don't blame Josko for thinking he is the best, he's the best I've played against (and I think when I want to be I'm pretty good), but he made a blanket statement and so yeah, people will try to prove it wrong.

I'll be honest I dont totally understand what you're trying to say. If you mean that clans play their best maps against the favorites in CL, oftentimes including clans the likes of S&M and TOFU, then I must admit that my memory fails me. Just like how S&M sends their token maps like Hive Unlimited against what they perceive to be their closest rivals, clans that want to snoop points off of S&M might also try with their strongest maps - perhaps with the knowledge that theyre not getting the toughest maps sent at them.

But I must agree with you Rock in general also. With your previous points too, I generally dont give two shits about poly vs team. If I'm only disappointing myself, so what? I'd much rather disappoint myself than a whole clan and my teammates...

I was trying to say several things, but I brought you up as the only person qualified to speak as to how things worked in both TOFU and S&M (although I know things evolve).
Major rockfist

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:44 am

if you had to pick anyone to try and argue vs josko, it would not be the people in this thread. some people really don't know how to present.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby rockfist on Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:20 am

I'm not really trying to argue against him or for him. I'm just adding thoughts to the discussion.
Major rockfist

Postby josko.ri on Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:12 pm

Donelladan wrote:
josko.ri wrote: Should good players be restricted to play on their 100 thebest maps or otherwise that would be farming? See how funny are your arguments

It doesn't really matter how good you are on the map. Even if your win rate is only 40% on a given map, you can still be farming on it.
What matter is that the map is complex, you know the map, and your opponent doesn't.

You specifically would be farming on any (complex) map, if you invite a noob on the map.

I disagree, that would mean that i am limited to invite player like erazor who has 10+ years of experience on CC on 100+ maps, given that Cricket is around 100th ranked amongst my the best maps.

Anyway, whatever is definition of farming or not, I invited him now to World 21 poly escalating, and he has 69 games played on World 21. I am not and have never been farmer.
Lieutenant josko.ri

Postby josko.ri on Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:06 pm

In last 4.5 years since December 2016, my clan has lost only one ccup war where I participated, versus LHDD 2019. Can anyone beat me with this statistics?
Lieutenant josko.ri

Re: Is Josko correct that he has achieved god-status on CC?

Postby mdhill on Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:37 pm

Changed the title since we seem to have thankfully moved on from the original ill-conceived topic and I'd rather not see the unjustified smear against great players continue to pop up as the subject heading.

To the specific question posed by Josko about respected CC players who have a winning record against him on poly/team/1v1, I'd submit Bariclaw and his 15-12 record. Has Josko forgotten the recent Championships round already? Also, hopalong is 8-5 against Josko since joining A^.

But I don't think anyone is trying to claim Josko isn't really good at this game, even one of the best. The I'm-better-than-all-of-you-and-let-me-now-prove-it-by-arguing nature of this thread, though, is truly amusing. And count me in on the popcorn if Josko doesn't duck Donelladan's challenge.

mdhill
Click image to enlarge.
Brigadier mdhill

Postby rockfist on Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:29 pm

josko.ri wrote:In last 4.5 years since December 2016, my clan has lost only one ccup war where I participated, versus LHDD 2019. Can anyone beat me with this statistics?

No, but we plan on beating you this year.
Major rockfist

Postby Elaterate on Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:33 pm

mdhill wrote:Changed the title since we seem to have thankfully moved on from the original ill-conceived topic and I'd rather not see the unjustified smear against great players continue to pop up as the subject heading.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

mdhill wrote:The I'm-better-than-all-of-you-and-let-me-now-prove-it-by-arguing nature of josko.ri, is truly amusing. And count me in on the popcorn if Josko doesn't duck Donelladan's challenge.
mdhill

fixed it for ya ;)
Major Elaterate

Postby josko.ri on Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:05 pm

mdhill wrote:Changed the title since we seem to have thankfully moved on from the original ill-conceived topic and I'd rather not see the unjustified smear against great players continue to pop up as the subject heading.

To the specific question posed by Josko about respected CC players who have a winning record against him on poly/team/1v1, I'd submit Bariclaw and his 15-12 record. Has Josko forgotten the recent Championships round already? Also, hopalong is 8-5 against Josko since joining A^.

But I don't think anyone is trying to claim Josko isn't really good at this game, even one of the best. The I'm-better-than-all-of-you-and-let-me-now-prove-it-by-arguing nature of this thread, though, is truly amusing. And count me in on the popcorn if Josko doesn't duck Donelladan's challenge.

mdhill

As for hopalong, i beat him 11-8 in combined 1v1 poly and teamgames.
As forbariclaw, he beats me 15-12 in all gamescombined mostlybecause 21 of our gamea were 1v1 where luck is main factor. We never played poly and played only 6 team games where i lead 4-2.
Similarly aswith erazor, majority of our games were 1v1 and due to luck factor it is possible that they slightlybeat me.
Lieutenant josko.ri

Postby hopalong on Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:49 pm

josko.ri wrote:As for hopalong, i beat him

wow - this really made my day :!: THANK YOU for making me CC FAMOUS!!!! =D> a dream cum true for this little boy from canadia. mom will be so proud.

since i dont have any social media, id lick to introduce myself so that people can get to know me a little better:
i dont wear underwear because i believe that its environmentally unfriendly. let that linger, since its worth the visual.
i also am a fierce advocate of our virtual environment; it saddens me that old, unfilled games clog up space on fancy computers that eat up alot of energy, so join me in emptying the pantry and making it just a little bit easier for all of us to breathe: viewtopic.php?f=870&t=222406
my CC turn ons include l m s, conquer rome, and bad spilling.
when possible i lick to skip punctuation because the nano second it takes to add in a comma adds up over a lifetime so i like to believe that all the time i save by avoiding needless punctuation will add up to alot of free time for me to invent something that will help the world be a better place
while i do not condone it, i like to bring up in the right cumpany the burning of the american white house by my ancestors; its a great icebreaker in my experience

while i welcome PMs and wall posts from my new fanbase, please dont show up at my house.

thanks again, josko! and sorry for winning some games against you, but at least it brought us to this special moment together.
Major hopalong

Postby IcePack on Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:49 pm

Please donā€™t mistake this comment for caring, I really donā€™t. More a matter of curiosity and made me smirk, since were all whipping out our stats and comparingā€¦

6-2 vs Josko in team games
2-0 vs Josko in poly
1-3 vs Josko 1vs1, but as Josko says, itā€™s more impacted by luck ;)

9-5 overall record for those keeping track at home :D buncha slackers :p

PS - does this make me famous? :p
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:16 pm

Shannon Apple wrote:Is it poor sportsmanship? I would say yes. The player is making the next person wait out the full 24 hours just so that they can avoid taking a card. I certainly wouldn't consider it good sportsmanship lol.

But would I get angry at a player for doing that? No. The site allows it, so it's just another tool for people to take advantage of. It's like the whole fog snap thing. You can't force players to let you take...

Just two points:
1) it's only an hour right? Either way you get 24 hours I wouldn't call that poor sportsmanship anyways. Unless they are freemium or holding captive, or partial dead beating
2) I see your point but according to webmaster, snap isn't built in due to technical difficulties/programming ability at this time. So no, not really the same since I've been lead to believe it would be added if it could be.

EDIT: HOLY SHNIKEIES. I did not realize how old this post was. Ignore me if you wish lol
High Score: 3435
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby josko.ri on Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:20 am

At IcePack, 14 games is too low tobe statistically significant, plus of these 14 games 8 were played onyourhome map and only 2 on myhome map.

Also Icepack, i am waiting for you and for Don in mega finale of One ManClan to show you whois the boss. Of course, if someone does not eliminate you before you reach me.Not sureif Bariclaw is also participating?
Lieutenant josko.ri

Postby Ruffington on Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:40 am

I must say this thread produced quite some amusing reading in several aspects.

Just to be clear I will just leave this one comment only. I have no intention to be involved in pages of debates so you can take my comment as you like

This so called Josko ( I have no personal knowledge of the person behind) is producing a lot of crap trying to apply statistical calculations which he obviously dont master, if he belives in his own calculations. A professional applying statistical calculations like this would be even worse . If this was a professional person producing this crap he/she/undefined would be thrown out faster than anything. Js way of applying statistic seems to me as a typical Texas sharpshooter fallacy. Anyone interested can google that and I think you will find it spot on even without any mathematical background.

So , keep up playing and have fun J, but dont try to apply statistic you apparently cant handle or is misusing
Major Ruffington

Postby josko.ri on Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:52 am

I dont think that calculating head-to-head score requires some advanced statistical knowledge.
Lieutenant josko.ri

Postby Bariclaw on Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:23 am

[quote="josko.ri"]
As forbariclaw, he beats me

I probably did the quotes thing wrong since I am technically an imbecile and am also losing my CC forum virginity with this post...allegedly.

I'd like to state that the last thing I ever expected was to be called out in the forum. I generally just play my games and avoid the smacktalk. But I felt this needed to be addressed. I have to completely agree with josko that 1v1 games are completely luck based. Honestly, I expected to win every single game in that series, so the fact that I only went 13-8 tells me that there must have been enormous luck involved to get me to lose 8 games!!!

Also, he mentions his 4-2 record against me in team games, but I will point out that he had 4 home maps and I had 2 home maps. I would also like to point out that in 5 out of those 6 games, I was forced against my will to take on mdhill and/or elddir as teammates. It may not be commonly known, but mdhill and elddir are both from Texas. With that in mind, I would say that I was at the most severe of all possible disadvantages, since I believe three things in this multiverse we live in are multiversally understood:

1. All people who live in Texas are morons
2. All people who were born in Texas are close cousins (and when I say close, I mean 2nd cousins or closer)
3. Texas is the armpit of the planet Earth and smells like a giant pile of cow dung and would ideally vanish from existence and is a grotesque cesspool of filth and is one of the wonders of the world because everybody in the world wonders why anything that calls itself human would ever choose to live in a place that is just a giant pile of human excrement formed into a landmass of putrid suckiness!!! #texassucks

I apologize for the digression. What I'm really trying to say through all of this is that I think josko should be very proud of the fact that he is 3 games under .500 against me. I don't state this to brag. I merely state this because, as most people on CC know, I am a part of the great CC celebrity couple that is known as BariDoc, which recently took the entirety of Ascension, lined them all up like they were in a congo line, and proceeded to paddle their backsides like they were an orchestra of giant bongos. This created a shockwave that was felt from Philly to the Alamo (which everybody knows was defended by a bunch of Texan surrender monkeys), forcing all members of Ascension into subservient prostration for years. LONG LIVE BARIDOC!!! AND LONG LIVE PRINCESS MADELEINE!!!
Major Bariclaw

Postby josko.ri on Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:22 am

Bariclaw, what about best-of-six poly games between you and me to fix that injustice that you lead me with 15-12 score? I willbeat you at least 5-1 to come at 17-16 lead. Three my home games and three yours. Six random maps also works for me. What do you say?
Lieutenant josko.ri

Postby Silly Knig-it on Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:30 am

This was not fixed for Esc and Flat games because it is a penalty for those games. If you fail to finish and get spoils, then you miss out. In Nuc and Zom, one could not want the card. In this rare case of a Esc or Flat game, they did not want the card.

How would one write a rule to cover all the situations? I think the current set up is as well crafted as can be.

That being said, they played by the rules, no harm, no foul. Clean victory.

I would do as they did.
Major Silly Knig-it
SoC Training Adviser

Postby josko.ri on Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:50 am

Silly Knig-it wrote:This was not fixed for Esc and Flat games because it is a penalty for those games. If you fail to finish and get spoils, then you miss out. In Nuc and Zom, one could not want the card. In this rare case of a Esc or Flat game, they did not want the card.

How would one write a rule to cover all the situations? I think the current set up is as well crafted as can be.

That being said, they played by the rules, no harm, no foul. Clean victory.

I would do as they did.

It canbe fixed the same as it is fixed innuclear andzombie. If they run out oftime they get card regardless.
Lieutenant josko.ri

Postby josko.ri on Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:52 am

It seems that 10/47 people who voted thinks this is poor sportmanship which is 21%. It is quite a big number of % for something that can be decider in some games. Obviously, 21% of CC users would have never used this unsportmanship behaviour even if they have chance which make them disadvantaged over 79% of CC users who does not see problems in using this kind of strategy.

My team will anyway beat Fyrdraca team in the series of 9 sets so the win that they achieved on this shameful way will anyway be phyrric. Hopefully this shameful way of winning makes Fydraca and his company of friends happy and fullfilled =D>

When they did not use such shameful strategy, in group phase of the championships tournament, my team kicked their asses with 6-0 victory, which shows enough how much are strategic differences between our teams. With such strategic inferiority, it is no wonder that they thought of different ways for achieving their win which are on the borderline of good sportmanship. =D>
Lieutenant josko.ri

Postby shoop76 on Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:22 am

josko.ri wrote:It seems that 10/47 people who voted thinks this is poor sportmanship which is 21%. It is quite a big number of % for something that can be decider in some games. Obviously, 21% of CC users would have never used this unsportmanship behaviour even if they have chance which make them disadvantaged over 79% of CC users who does not see problems in using this kind of strategy.

My team will anyway beat Fyrdraca team in the series of 9 sets so the win that they achieved on this shameful way will anyway be phyrric. Hopefully this shameful way of winning makes Fydraca and his company of friends happy and fullfilled =D>

When they did not use such shameful strategy, in group phase of the championships tournament, my team kicked their asses with 6-0 victory, which shows enough how much are strategic differences between our teams. With such strategic inferiority, it is no wonder that they thought of different ways for achieving their win which are on the borderline of good sportmanship. =D>

Honestly, Josko, I think it would be higher, but I am sure that there all people that voted against you just to be against you. Just for the record, I am one of the 21% who believe it is poor sportsmanship and 1 of the people who do not have anything against you.
Sergeant 1st Class shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion