Conquer Club

Fyrdraca, JPlo64, groovysmurf - is this poor sportmanship?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Is exploiting these rules loophole poor sportmanship?

Yes
21%
No
79%

Total votes : 70

Re: Fyrdraca, JPlo64, groovysmurf - is this poor sportmanshi

Postby Elaterate on Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:06 am

josko.ri wrote: you have no valid arguments.

LMAO.... you're arrogance is very amusing sir and is making you miss the point.

44 completed games on the map Vs. 1 completed game and you think the settings make up the difference? :roll:

josko.ri wrote:we played 35 games on ww2 poland where he has 1321 games played in lifetime and i had 49 games besides games vs him. Who is then farmed here, think twice?

Ok let me get this straight... You're now implying he was more farming you with those games then you are trying to farm him with the Cricket games?? Did he send you invites to those games??

Why does his experience on the map in the past 10yrs (since you last played him) have anything to do with his experience on the map back then?
(you're measuring against his TOTAL experience, rather then his total at the time).

josko.ri wrote: "all famous players" to...
Nobody showed one famous player who has positive score vs me. Erazor is not so famous.

because nobody really cares and it has nothing to do with the OP and it wasn't your first... or second (different).. ridiculous request to validate your arrogance.
Major Elaterate

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:15 am

Conchobar wrote:So has this thread just turned into all of us being forced to watch josko wank himself off? Can admin kindly close it down now please? :sick:

Are you feeling well? GD has been dead for at least a year. We finally have a moderately energetic thread, and you would suggest shutting it down?
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby Caymanmew on Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:37 am

rockfist wrote:I disagree somewhat about team games. When I look at myself the team clan games are the games I place the highest emphasis on. Its not that I don't care at all about the other games, its that I don't care as much or put as much time/effort into them for the most part. If Josko looks at it the same then I don't see it as "his friends helping him." as much as a matter of motivation. But, if we are going to question his motivation, you have to look at his opponents motivation too and that is subjective. So its all a matter of conjecture.

I think team games are even more complicated than that, motivation of teammates is also very important, as is the quality of teammates. Josko has been in the top clan since he joined the site, he has always had access to many of the best teammates on the site. If we are looking at head to head record, it is hardly fair to add team games as Josko has consistently had the better teammates.

josko.ri wrote: "all famous players" to...
Nobody showed one famous player who has positive score vs me. Erazor is not so famous.

To touch on this... Josko, you haven't played 25 combined 1v1, poly, and team games vs many of the site's famous players. Most of the top people from the THOTA era and basically all the top players from KORT / S&M you haven't played against in any significant numbers. Intentional or not your avoidance of many of the top players the site has had is a very clear reason for you to have an overall positive record vs "famous players".
Colonel Caymanmew
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby josko.ri on Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:52 am

See wall of erazor now, i changed two cricket invites into one cricket invite and one map of erazor's choice.

This kind of proposal disadvantages me becase erazor will choose 100% his home map whereas i just choose the map of monthly challenge which is not even my home map.

As for 72% of my winning on cricket in 1v1 and poly games, i have even bigger winning % overall in all 1v1 and poly games that i have ever played. Therefore, cricket is map where i perform below average.

I also think that i put the highest emphasis to teamgames as rockfist mentioned. Vs Great-Ollie i played some friendly 1v1 classic map games. Do you really think that these classic games were more important to me than clan team games? Of course not, i didnt play them with full power.
Lieutenant josko.ri

Postby rockfist on Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:13 pm

Caymanmew wrote:
rockfist wrote:I disagree somewhat about team games. When I look at myself the team clan games are the games I place the highest emphasis on. Its not that I don't care at all about the other games, its that I don't care as much or put as much time/effort into them for the most part. If Josko looks at it the same then I don't see it as "his friends helping him." as much as a matter of motivation. But, if we are going to question his motivation, you have to look at his opponents motivation too and that is subjective. So its all a matter of conjecture.

I think team games are even more complicated than that, motivation of teammates is also very important, as is the quality of teammates. Josko has been in the top clan since he joined the site, he has always had access to many of the best teammates on the site. If we are looking at head to head record, it is hardly fair to add team games as Josko has consistently had the better teammates.

Isn't this a bit like asking why Hamilton has always had a very good car in F-1? Of course Josko could join a bottom tier clan and (although he may disagree with this) players like me would more than likely have our way with him. But, why should he?

Although I know S&M teams have peaks and valleys of motivation, I would put forth that they are generally more motivated than most teams - more motivated than TOFU/Fallen/LHDD? Sometimes. Sometimes the opposite.

But I suspect in CL and some other competitions S&M gets clans very best shots at times. I've seen TOFU get clan's best shots, particularly in that competition. I can't imagine its way different in S&M, but perhaps Extreme Ways can comment on that.

I don't blame Josko for thinking he is the best, he's the best I've played against (and I think when I want to be I'm pretty good), but he made a blanket statement and so yeah, people will try to prove it wrong.
Major rockfist

Postby Caymanmew on Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:15 pm

josko.ri wrote:See wall of erazor now, i changed two cricket invites into one cricket invite and one map of erazor's choice.

This kind of proposal disadvantages me becase erazor will choose 100% his home map whereas i just choose the map of monthly challenge which is not even my home map.

As for 72% of my winning on cricket in 1v1 and poly games, i have even bigger winning % overall in all 1v1 and poly games that i have ever played. Therefore, cricket is map where i perform below average.

I also think that i put the highest emphasis to teamgames as rockfist mentioned. Vs Great-Ollie i played some friendly 1v1 classic map games. Do you really think that these classic games were more important to me than clan team games? Of course not, i didnt play them with full power.

More lies, you can't even stop yourself here...

Here is a map rank of all your 2 player games, done right now...
show

You're at 69% which is lower than 71% if you didn't know. So cricket is a good map for you that you have an above-average win rate on.

As for Great-Ollie, again look at the quality of teammates, you had far better players beside you than he did. You almost always have better players beside you in team games.
Colonel Caymanmew
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby josko.ri on Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:32 pm

Caymanmew wrote:
josko.ri wrote:See wall of erazor now, i changed two cricket invites into one cricket invite and one map of erazor's choice.

show

You're at 69% which is lower than 71% if you didn't know. So cricket is a good map for you that you have an above-average win rate on.

As for Great-Ollie, again look at the quality of teammates, you had far better players beside you than he did. You almost always have better players beside you in team games.

When I told my statement my way of estimating was that 61% is my overall win ratio, as shown in my profile. These 61% includes also numerous multiplayer games and battle royales where of course my record is worse than in 1v1 so I assumed that my overall percentage in 1v1 will be above 71%. I was not so much wrong by much. But 69% or 71% is almost the same which puts cricket among my average known maps.

Anyway, I changed conditions vs erazor, now my "home" map is cricket and his home map is whatever he chooses. What you say now on this new proposal, still farming?
Lieutenant josko.ri

Postby Elaterate on Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:21 pm

keeps getting better...

josko.ri wrote:But 69% or 71% is almost the same

but having 28-32 record is "hardly beating you" :lol:

josko.ri wrote:After I played 35 games in erazor's home map wouldnt it be fair to take on some other map for change?

After playing 60!!! games on YOUR home map(s)... wouldn't it be fair to take on some other maps against Don for a change?

He offered a challenge and your response was (paraphrasing again)... "We already have framework for this challenge (on maps/settings I'm comfortable with) because both you and me are participating in IcePack's one man clan challenge... so IF we meet in the Finals I will half-ass accept your offer"

:lol: =D> =D> :lol:

josko.ri wrote:A) This kind of proposal disadvantages me becase erazor will choose 100% his home map whereas i just choose the map of monthly challenge which is not even my home map.

B) Anyway, I changed conditions vs erazor, now my "home" map is cricket and his home map is whatever he chooses. What you say now on this new proposal, still farming?

A) 55 games to 1... claiming you have no advantage is pathetic. The fact you're not changing the map = YOU are choosing it = close enough to a home map especially giving the experience comparison.

B) borderline, yes and here's just one "example" of why (not expecting you to comprehend this tho since it's not in your favor)...

Dukasaur wrote:Actually, that's exactly how farming is done. (Not necessarily the wall part... might be game invites, might be wall posts, might be PMs). If you take a complex map on difficult settings that you have rehearsed many times.... It isn't sporting. It is textbook farming.
Major Elaterate

Postby josko.ri on Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:36 pm

Elaterate wrote:Ok let me get this straight... You're now implying he was more farming you with those games then you are trying to farm him with the Cricket games?? Did he send you invites to those games??

Why does his experience on the map in the past 10yrs (since you last played him) have anything to do with his experience on the map back then?
(you're measuring against his TOTAL experience, rather then his total at the time).

Baby you are digging yourself in more and more.

You dont want TOTAL map experience but you want map experience at the time when we played more than 10 years ago?

Fine, lets check...

When I played erazor for the first time on Poland map, I had 1 (by words: one) game played on that map ever. Compared to me, erazor had 431 (by words: four hundred and thirty one) game played on that map ever.

So, who was more experienced at the map? Did erazor farm me by being 431 times more experiened on that map than me?

See, ratio of 1:431 in erazor's favor on Poland map is more than ratio of 1:55 in my favor on Cricket map.

What do you say now, my baby?

For example, erazor played 69 games on World 21 map ever. I am sure if I send him World 21 map with the same settings as Cricket then my strategic advantage will be even bigger because more troops on map increases chances that better player wins (that is why I am usually dominant on hive map). Do you suggest that I send him World 21 instead of Cricket?
Lieutenant josko.ri

Postby josko.ri on Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:41 pm

Elaterate wrote:After playing 60!!! games on YOUR home map(s)... wouldn't it be fair to take on some other maps against Don for a change?

These were not my home maps but maps that we usually both agreed to play through separate pms.

But, check Don and my team games, for instance. These ones were played on both his and my home maps with much greater deal on his home maps (11 times my team is team 1 and 22 times his team is team 1), however total score in team games is 22-11 in my favor, despite his team was listed as team 1 22 times, double more than my team who was team 1 11 times.

Lieutenant josko.ri

Postby BoganGod on Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:56 pm

There are a class of people that care not whether something is cricket or not.

For those lucky enough not to grow up in the Commonwealth, not cricket is not sporting. Cricket is supposed to be a game for gentlemen with manners and dignity, not that it is such in the modern era the Australians have been poor sports but played within the rules.

Regardless of whether they were poor sports they played within the rules, yes they gamed the system. Hate the system not the players. Not good sports but focused on winning. All power to them.
Sergeant 1st Class BoganGod

Postby i-andrei on Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:01 pm

josko.ri wrote:
Elaterate wrote:After playing 60!!! games on YOUR home map(s)... wouldn't it be fair to take on some other maps against Don for a change?

These were not my home maps but maps that we usually both agreed to play through separate pms.

But, check Don and my team games, for instance. These ones were played on both his and my home maps with much greater deal on his home maps (11 times my team is team 1 and 22 times his team is team 1), however total score in team games is 22-11 in my favor, despite his team was listed as team 1 22 times, double more than my team who was team 1 11 times.

Major i-andrei

Postby Elaterate on Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:10 pm

josko.ri wrote:You dont want TOTAL map experience but you want map experience at the time when we played more than 10 years ago?

I didn't WANT anything. I was just pointing out how your comparison was flawed. And your new comparisons have flaws too ;)

josko.ri wrote:But, check Don and my team games...

Your team games don't mean shit when calling someone out for "hardly beating you" when they have a 28-32 record in all 1v1 games
(and in my opinion most 1v1 games that are not Poly don't carry much weight either).

josko.ri wrote:Do you suggest that I send him World 21 instead of Cricket?

I suggest you act like a grown-up and make your own decisions. The only person that cares is you.

josko.ri wrote:What do you say now, my baby?

I'd say that I'm not a homosexual so i'd appreciate you stop saying that. I'm sure there are others on the site that wouldn't mind... but it's kind of creepy in my opinion.
Major Elaterate

Postby Caymanmew on Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:16 pm

josko.ri wrote:
Caymanmew wrote:

show

When I told my statement my way of estimating was that 61% is my overall win ratio, as shown in my profile. These 61% includes also numerous multiplayer games and battle royales where of course my record is worse than in 1v1 so I assumed that my overall percentage in 1v1 will be above 71%. I was not so much wrong by much. But 69% or 71% is almost the same which puts cricket among my average known maps.

Anyway, I changed conditions vs erazor, now my "home" map is cricket and his home map is whatever he chooses. What you say now on this new proposal, still farming?

Look at the bolded statements... they are not the same... first you say Cricket is below average, then I prove it is not below average, in fact, it is slightly above average, then you come back and claim that is what you were saying the whole time?

As for the Erazor farming... the Duk quote says it perfectly, it is textbook farming, your targeting a low-ranked player and inviting them to a map you know they don't know and you know will give you a massive advantage. You're doing this purely to pad your stats against this person.
Colonel Caymanmew
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby Elaterate on Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:37 pm

josko.ri wrote:P.S. This community dislike towards me is similar as community dislike to tennis player Novak Djokovic. Although Novak Djokovic has positive head-to-head score versus both Federer and Nadal and almost every other player that he ever faced in his lifetime, he is almost never considered to be the greatest player of all time because people and media are trying to undermine him in every possible way due to envy.

fyi... this comparison is horrible

A) You're not even close to being in the same league as Novak (one of the best in the World compared to one of the best on a website? lol)

B) "He is almost never considered to be the greatest player".... just to wet your whistle... I've never once heard someone say you're a bad player and have heard nothing but the opposite actually. I don't think anyone can deny you're one of the best on the site but your snooty, arrogant attitude is what most people probably don't like.

C) Good comparison is you're just like Phil Hellmuth... good player, sure... but starts kicking and screaming when things don't go his way and that's not very enjoyable to be around, sorry.
Major Elaterate

Postby rockfist on Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:49 pm

There are elements of truth to both statements, but this arguement is just a pissing contest IMO, it will never be "won" because it can't be.
Major rockfist

Postby Fyrdraca on Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:53 pm

Here I am just wishing I could predict my rolls against opponents as successfully as I can predict joskoā€™s actions

General Fyrdraca

Postby rockfist on Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:02 pm

I just hope you average 3.5 for your rolls against me in One Man Clan. :)
Major rockfist

Postby Evil Semp on Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:07 pm

rockfist wrote:
josko.ri wrote:
Donelladan wrote: I challenge you to a best of 61 one man clan war style anytime. You'll stfu once we're done.

We already have framework for this challenge because both you and me are participating in IcePack's one man clan challenge which will have mega finale with top 2 players from each of four editions.

I already publicly claim here that mega finale of this event will be won by me, and you can publicliy use my claim later on to show that I lied in case that it wont be won by me.

So you will surely have that chance to beat me in best-of-61 clan war very soon, unless if someone else eliminates you before you reach me.

Iā€™m getting my popcorn ready for this.

No outside food or drinks allowed. All snacks must be bought at the CC concession stand.
Sergeant 1st Class Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Fyrdraca on Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:12 pm

rockfist wrote:I just hope you average 3.5 for your rolls against me in One Man Clan. :)

Give me 3.55 and youā€™ve got a deal :lol:
General Fyrdraca

Postby Extreme Ways on Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:45 pm

rockfist wrote:Isn't this a bit like asking why Hamilton has always had a very good car in F-1? Of course Josko could join a bottom tier clan and (although he may disagree with this) players like me would more than likely have our way with him. But, why should he?

Although I know S&M teams have peaks and valleys of motivation, I would put forth that they are generally more motivated than most teams - more motivated than TOFU/Fallen/LHDD? Sometimes. Sometimes the opposite.

But I suspect in CL and some other competitions S&M gets clans very best shots at times. I've seen TOFU get clan's best shots, particularly in that competition. I can't imagine its way different in S&M, but perhaps Extreme Ways can comment on that.

I don't blame Josko for thinking he is the best, he's the best I've played against (and I think when I want to be I'm pretty good), but he made a blanket statement and so yeah, people will try to prove it wrong.

I'll be honest I dont totally understand what you're trying to say. If you mean that clans play their best maps against the favorites in CL, oftentimes including clans the likes of S&M and TOFU, then I must admit that my memory fails me. Just like how S&M sends their token maps like Hive Unlimited against what they perceive to be their closest rivals, clans that want to snoop points off of S&M might also try with their strongest maps - perhaps with the knowledge that theyre not getting the toughest maps sent at them.

But I must agree with you Rock in general also. With your previous points too, I generally dont give two shits about poly vs team. If I'm only disappointing myself, so what? I'd much rather disappoint myself than a whole clan and my teammates...
REP, ex-TOFU, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
Brigadier Extreme Ways

Postby Extreme Ways on Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:57 pm

Elaterate wrote:
josko.ri wrote:You dont want TOTAL map experience but you want map experience at the time when we played more than 10 years ago?

I didn't WANT anything. I was just pointing out how your comparison was flawed. And your new comparisons have flaws too ;)

josko.ri wrote:But, check Don and my team games...

Your team games don't mean shit when calling someone out for "hardly beating you" when they have a 28-32 record in all 1v1 games
(and in my opinion most 1v1 games that are not Poly don't carry much weight either).

josko.ri wrote:Do you suggest that I send him World 21 instead of Cricket?

I suggest you act like a grown-up and make your own decisions. The only person that cares is you.

josko.ri wrote:What do you say now, my baby?

I'd say that I'm not a homosexual so i'd appreciate you stop saying that. I'm sure there are others on the site that wouldn't mind... but it's kind of creepy in my opinion.

For what it's worth, while I know that you were simply looking for evidence to counter Josko's claim, it would have been worth a lot more if the counterexample would have been an, with all respect to erazor, accomplished and respected player in the community and preferably also an all-round player.
Brigadier Extreme Ways

Postby josko.ri on Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:32 am

I sent offer to erazor to use world 21 map instead of cricket if he likes, see his wall. He played world 21 69 times.

If i have cricket winning % at 71% and all maps together at 69% and given that there are around 250 maps, that would mean that cricket is around my 100th the best map. Should good players be restricted to play on their 100 thebest maps or otherwise that would be farming? See how funny are your arguments :lol:
Lieutenant josko.ri

Postby Extreme Ways on Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:36 am

Extreme Ways wrote:
show

For what it's worth, while I know that you were simply looking for evidence to counter Josko's claim, it would have been worth a lot more if the counterexample would have been an, with all respect to erazor, accomplished and respected player in the community and preferably also an all-round player.

So I looked around a little and found that agentcom, now retired, is 9-0 poly however all of these games featured deadbeats so something IRL probably came up for Josko. However, in teamgames Agent is 8-5, so it still counts?
Brigadier Extreme Ways

Postby josko.ri on Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:52 am

Extreme Ways wrote:
Extreme Ways wrote:
show

So I looked around a little and found that agentcom, now retired, is 9-0 poly however all of these games featured deadbeats so something IRL probably came up for Josko. However, in teamgames Agent is 8-5, so it still counts?

Versus agentcom 5-8 losing in team games, 0-9 losing in poly but obviously all poly were my deadbeats due to RL struggles. However, in 1v1 i beat him 40-16 so combined 1v1, poly and team games are 45-33 in my favor even when these nine deadbeats are included as agentcom's wins.
Lieutenant josko.ri

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion