Conquer Club

Fyrdraca, JPlo64, groovysmurf - is this poor sportmanship?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Is exploiting these rules loophole poor sportmanship?

Yes
21%
No
79%

Total votes : 70

Re: Fyrdraca, JPlo64, groovysmurf - is this poor sportmanshi

Postby Extreme Ways on Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:27 am

For the record, I think that the thread title is poor sportsmanship too.
REP, ex-TOFU, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
Brigadier Extreme Ways

Postby rockfist on Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:55 am

I don't have a dog in this fight. I think the loop hole should be closed, but it isn't. Since it isn't there will always be people who will use it as a way of winning. Whether it is poor sportsmanship or not is not for me to decide. Maybe a thread with a poll about closing the loop hole might get something done...until it does I would expect, and you Josko should expect, people to use this strategy at times and the higher the stakes in the game the more likely they are to employ it.
Major rockfist

Postby IcePack on Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:56 am

josko.ri wrote:At IcePack, 14 games is too low tobe statistically significant, plus of these 14 games 8 were played onyourhome map and only 2 on myhome map.

Also Icepack, i am waiting for you and for Don in mega finale of One ManClan to show you whois the boss. Of course, if someone does not eliminate you before you reach me.Not sureif Bariclaw is also participating?

Oh I donā€™t have any expectations of making it to the end lol
I play for fun, the whole purpose of being here. I donā€™t need to pretend Iā€™m the best I already very clearly know Iā€™m not.

I just was curious & found it funny what my record is after watching the convo lol
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby josko.ri on Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:02 am

shoop76 wrote:
josko.ri wrote:It seems that 10/47 people who voted thinks this is poor sportmanship which is 21%. It is quite a big number of % for something that can be decider in some games. Obviously, 21% of CC users would have never used this unsportmanship behaviour even if they have chance which make them disadvantaged over 79% of CC users who does not see problems in using this kind of strategy.

My team will anyway beat Fyrdraca team in the series of 9 sets so the win that they achieved on this shameful way will anyway be phyrric. Hopefully this shameful way of winning makes Fydraca and his company of friends happy and fullfilled =D>

When they did not use such shameful strategy, in group phase of the championships tournament, my team kicked their asses with 6-0 victory, which shows enough how much are strategic differences between our teams. With such strategic inferiority, it is no wonder that they thought of different ways for achieving their win which are on the borderline of good sportmanship. =D>

Honestly, Josko, I think it would be higher, but I am sure that there all people that voted against you just to be against you. Just for the record, I am one of the 21% who believe it is poor sportsmanship and 1 of the people who do not have anything against you.

I also believe many of 'no' voters were just because they want to be against my idea. Still, given the circumstances, 21% of 'yes' votes is quite high.
Lieutenant josko.ri

Postby BabySasuke on Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:15 am

Stfu
Captain BabySasuke

Postby Fyrdraca on Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:32 am

josko.ri wrote:My team will anyway beat Fyrdraca team in the series of 9 sets so the win that they achieved on this shameful way will anyway be phyrric. Hopefully this shameful way of winning makes Fydraca and his company of friends happy and fullfilled =D>

When they did not use such shameful strategy, in group phase of the championships tournament, my team kicked their asses with 6-0 victory, which shows enough how much are strategic differences between our teams. With such strategic inferiority, it is no wonder that they thought of different ways for achieving their win which are on the borderline of good sportmanship. =D>

Thankfully itā€™s only a best of 7 sets match so the worst that can happen is we lose the next 30 games instead of 40. 8-[

Also, the word is pyrrhic. Also also, Iā€™m not sure how that adjective applies to this situation, as I definitely donā€™t feel like Iā€™ve lost anything or suffered any lasting damages.

Also also also, you were right the first time, my name is Fyrdraca not Fydraca.

And lastly, why are you signaling me out?!?! I wasnā€™t even the one who executed the move that you are upset about. :mrgreen:
General Fyrdraca

Postby josko.ri on Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:31 am

Fyrdraca wrote:
josko.ri wrote:My team will anyway beat Fyrdraca team in the series of 9 sets so the win that they achieved on this shameful way will anyway be phyrric. Hopefully this shameful way of winning makes Fydraca and his company of friends happy and fullfilled =D>

Thankfully itā€™s only a best of 7 sets match so the worst that can happen is we lose the next 30 games instead of 40. 8-[

Also, the word is pyrrhic. Also also, Iā€™m not sure how that adjective applies to this situation, as I definitely donā€™t feel like Iā€™ve lost anything or suffered any lasting damages.

And lastly, why are you signaling me out?!?! I wasnā€™t even the one who executed the move that you are upset about. :mrgreen:

It is pyrrhic because it gave you one undeserved win, but we will overcome you in best-of-7 sets so this win will not help you to beat us in larger scale.

I signal you out because you are first mentioned member in your team, which is usually referred as team leader.
Lieutenant josko.ri

Postby Fyrdraca on Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:50 am

josko.ri wrote:
Fyrdraca wrote:

It is pyrrhic because it gave you one undeserved win, but we will overcome you in best-of-7 sets so this win will not help you to beat us in larger scale.

I signal you out because you are first mentioned member in your team, which is usually referred as team leader.

Thatā€™s not what pyrrhic means.

Pyrrhic: (of a victory) won at too great a cost to have been worthwhile for the victor

There was no cost to me winning the first set.

And our team doesnā€™t operate that way. There isnā€™t a ā€œleaderā€. You could have just as easily said ā€œSaucy Smurf and friendsā€ (which uses our team name) than ā€œFyrdraca and his company of friendsā€

Itā€™s okay to admit you like to single me out for whatever reason. :-$
General Fyrdraca

Postby Elaterate on Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:28 am

The more he speaks, the more pathetic he looks

:lol: :lol: =D> =D> =D> =D> :lol: :lol:
Major Elaterate

Postby Elaterate on Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:31 am

21% in votes is "quite high" but winning 46% of games is "hardly beating him"... your logic is spot on ;)
Last edited by Elaterate on Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major Elaterate

Postby josko.ri on Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:32 am

Elaterate wrote:The more he speaks, the more pathetic he looks

out of so many of your posts in this thread, it is hard to tell which one is more waste.

Your contribution to the thread topic is equal to zero or even negative, your only motivation is to undermine me.

But people are not dumb, everyone can easily recognize your "noble" intentions.
Lieutenant josko.ri

Postby josko.ri on Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:36 am

Elaterate wrote:21% in votes is "quite high" but winning 46% of games is "hardly beating him"... your logic is spot ;)

21% is reasonably close to your winning % in head-to-head matches versus me. ;)

No wonder that you try so hard to undermine me in forums when you cannot beat me in games, baby =D>

It must be a hard feeling for you that someone is so many miles ahead of you in terms of being talented for strategizing :-$
Lieutenant josko.ri

Postby hopalong on Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:03 pm

josko.ri wrote:It seems that 10/47 people who voted thinks this is poor sportmanship which is 21%. It is quite a big number of % for something that can be decider in some games. Obviously, 21% of CC users would have never used this unsportmanship behaviour even if they have chance which make them disadvantaged over 79% of CC users who does not see problems in using this kind of strategy.

woh now - stop the press. i need to speak up for statistics here. 21% of people responding to the question: Is exploiting these rules loophole poor sportmanship? answered Yes. That does not mean that 21% of CC users would not use the strategy; you need to create another poll to find out how many people would use that strategy to determine the % of people that would use that strategy.

Here are some other statistics that can be drawn from your poll:
Let's say there are 5,000 active CC members at this time. 10 voted Yes to your poll, so that means 0.002% agree with you.
Let's say that there are 6,000,000,000 people on the planet. 10 voted yes to your poll.
Spoiler alert: (almost) no once cares. my calculator doesn't even care to do the math because its such a small percentage.

Here's a quote from someone who doesnt care about the poll results:

you give the impression that all you care about is winning. you have filled your own thread, whose OP ended with 'I am looking forward to hear opinions from the CC community on this matter.', with numerous posts talking about your win % vs other players and your upcoming wins in various tournaments that you havent even qualified for their final stages.

my understanding is that you only brought up your concern to the saucy team about their use of 'the loophole strategy' after all games in the 1st set were decided resulting in your team losing the first set. you didnt mention it when it happened in the particular game, you didnt mention it when the game ended, you didnt mention it when you had some free time ... you only mentioned it after it was clear that you lost the 1st set. given your confidence in winning the overall series, and given your own admission that you have known of this loophole for years, i question your sincerity in launching this poll in the first place.

be a good sportsman and tell yourself 'i lost the game but i still have my good sportsmanship and i am a great player'. this thread just seems so unhealthy; clearly you are a competitive player, but i think it would be healthy for you to let it go and move on.

let it go, man.
its gonna be okay.
life is too short.
Major hopalong

Postby Elaterate on Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:11 pm

josko.ri wrote:
Elaterate wrote:The more he speaks, the more pathetic he looks

out of so many of your posts in this thread, it is hard to tell which one is more waste.

Your contribution to the thread topic is equal to zero or even negative, your only motivation is to undermine me.

But people are not dumb, everyone can easily recognize your "noble" intentions.

Not even sure if I have actually commented on the thread topic and too lazy to go check lol... I've been on the irrational derailment path YOU took the thread ;)

Nothing "noble" about complaining about something you've done yourself in the past (with different settings... still the same thing).... nothing "noble" about winning medals you don't deserve especially when it's basically stealing them from other players.... nothing "noble" about throwing games so your Tribe mates can win a Tournament and/or medal... nothing "noble" about being a snooty f*ck either ;)... shall I continue?

Now you want to act like a child again and bring up stats between the two of us?? LMAO... We haven't played the magical 25 games YOU say is needed for the stats to count and/or matter... I'm definitely not a "famous" player on here... most of our 1v1 games where regular 1v1, not Poly... and I'm undefeated in team games (1-0, bragging rights for life I guess)... how are our stats a "contribution to this thread"?? :lol: =D>

Correct people are not dumb, and they will see you for the egotistical asshole you seem to be ;)

fyi... my only motivation is to call out BS when I see it :-$

Is it bad sportsmanship to play within the rules set? f*ck NO!

Is it bad sportsmanship to complain about a "loophole" someone used to defeat you, when you in fact have used the same loophole to win a GAME before? f*ck YES!
Major Elaterate

Postby josko.ri on Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:19 pm

Yawn on wannabe statistician Elaterate.
Last edited by josko.ri on Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lieutenant josko.ri

Postby josko.ri on Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:22 pm

Elaterate wrote:Now you want to act like a child again and bring up stats between the two of us?? LMAO... We haven't played the magical 25 games YOU say is needed for the stats to count and/or matter...

Hey you wannabe statistician, I lead you 14v6 in head-to-head, but you say it is not 25 games? =D>

Fine, I gift you 5 games for free and then our score is 14-11 in my favor which is 25 games. :-$

See, even with my gifting you 5 games for free I still beat you within 25 games, how unskilled player you are :lol:
Lieutenant josko.ri

Postby Elaterate on Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:38 pm

josko.ri wrote:
Elaterate wrote:Now you want to act like a child again and bring up stats between the two of us?? LMAO... We haven't played the magical 25 games YOU say is needed for the stats to count and/or matter...

Hey you wannabe statistician, I lead you 14v6 in head-to-head, but you say it is not 25 games? =D>

Fine, I gift you 5 games for free and then our score is 14-11 in my favor which is 25 games. :-$

See, even with my gifting you 5 games for free I still beat you within 25 games, how unskilled player you are :lol:

wannabe statistician?? :lol:

josko.ri wrote:1v1 where luck is main factor.

we've played a total of 5 Poly games (3 of which I could/should use YOUR excuse of being a complete noob at the time... and I could say the same about the majority of the rest) but for some reason those regular 1v1 games count for us?? LMAO

You're also including a SCENARIO game in your marvelous record against me, congrats on that ;)

Being a noob was a "good" excuse for you for having a losing record against someone and now you want to boast and brag about beating a noob...
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Major Elaterate

Postby josko.ri on Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:44 pm

hopalong wrote:my understanding is that you only brought up your concern to the saucy team about their use of 'the loophole strategy' after all games in the 1st set were decided resulting in your team losing the first set. you didnt mention it when it happened in the particular game, you didnt mention it when the game ended, you didnt mention it when you had some free time ... you only mentioned it after it was clear that you lost the 1st set. given your confidence in winning the overall series, and given your own admission that you have known of this loophole for years, i question your sincerity in launching this poll in the first place.

This is utterly wrong info.

The same day that the loophole happened, BEFORE even Iang7 played his first next turn, I reported this issue to TOs Mad777 and benga with replay request.

They replied to me that no written rule was broken but that it is considered as bad sportmanship. But, since no written rule was broken then they cannot grant me replay.

Then, I wrote to Fyrdraca, JPlo64 and groovysmurf telling them that this was ruled as not against rules but as bad sportmanship and that both me and TOs consider this to be bad sportmanship. I asked them that, in case that they agree it was bad sportmanship, then I suggest replay of the game where both teams will follow good sportmanship manners. groovysmurf replied that they do not consider it bad sportmanship and therefore they reject my offer for replay.

Then, I made this thread, I was curious who is right, me, Mad777 and benga who concluded that this is bad sportmanship, or Fyrdraca, JPlo64 and groovysmurf who concluded that this is not bad sportmanship.

If we will strictly follow decision from TO, then this IS bad sportmanship, as Mad777 explicitly wrote in his pm to me when he ruled out this case.

The case was also brought to attention of king achilles and he concluded that decision from TO should be respected. Therefore, the decision that this IS bad sportmanship should officially be respected, according to king achilles ruling.
Lieutenant josko.ri

Postby Fyrdraca on Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:52 pm

josko.ri wrote:
hopalong wrote:my understanding is that you only brought up your concern to the saucy team about their use of 'the loophole strategy' after all games in the 1st set were decided resulting in your team losing the first set. you didnt mention it when it happened in the particular game, you didnt mention it when the game ended, you didnt mention it when you had some free time ... you only mentioned it after it was clear that you lost the 1st set. given your confidence in winning the overall series, and given your own admission that you have known of this loophole for years, i question your sincerity in launching this poll in the first place.

This is utterly wrong info.

The same day that the loophole happened, BEFORE even Iang7 played his first next turn, I reported this issue to TOs Mad777 and benga with replay request.

They replied to me that no written rule was broken but that it is considered as bad sportmanship. But, since no written rule was broken then they cannot grant me replay.

Then, I wrote to Fyrdraca, JPlo64 and groovysmurf telling them that this was ruled as not against rules but as bad sportmanship and that both me and TOs consider this to be bad sportmanship. I asked them that, in case that they agree it was bad sportmanship, then I suggest replay of the game where both teams will follow good sportmanship manners. groovysmurf replied that they do not consider it bad sportmanship and therefore they reject my offer for replay.

Then, I made this thread, I was curious who is right, me, Mad777 and benga who concluded that this is bad sportmanship, or Fyrdraca, JPlo64 and groovysmurf who concluded that this is not bad sportmanship.

If we will strictly follow decision from TO, then this IS bad sportmanship, as Mad777 explicitly wrote in his pm to me when he ruled out this case.

The case was also brought to attention of king achilles and he concluded that decision from TO should be respected. Therefore, the decision that this IS bad sportmanship should officially be respected, according to king achilles ruling.

The official ruling KA referred to was that the game should not be replayed. He made no mention of Madā€™s subjective opinion of bad sportsmanship. But thatā€™s not even why Iā€™m responding.

Hereā€™s the timeline:

Robespierre and I smoked josko and teammate (I think Astoriana) on Dark Continent giving us a 1-0 lead.

On MAY 10 the Baseball game in question was finished giving us a 2-0 lead.

On JUNE 5 around 7:00am CST the Rail Europe game ended giving us the decisive 3rd victory to win the set. At this point it was fairly clear that they would win hive trips and Dark Continent quads as well.

Note: up to this point there was no comment in chat about wanting to remake or informing us this had been brought up to TOs.

Then on JUNE 5 around 11:30am CST is when josko sent the PM to me, JPlo, smurf, benga and Mad about his opinion of bad sportsmanship and then threatening to make this thread if we didnā€™t remake the game.

So hopalong was speaking the truth. You might have asked the TOs about it once the game happened, and I believe that you probably did, but you never mentioned it to us until the point at which it was clear that it was the deciding game of the set.

Which to be fair you yourself kinda dropped the ball in that rail euro game missing a turn when you had 4 cards and lowest territ count on the board, but thatā€™s neither here nor there.
General Fyrdraca

Postby Elaterate on Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:59 pm

josko.ri wrote: given that Cricket is around 100th ranked amongst my the best maps.

Overall win % it's your 31st best map... Who's the wannabe statistician?

=D> =D>
Major Elaterate

Postby mookiemcgee on Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:21 pm

Elaterate wrote:
Is it bad sportsmanship to play within the rules set? f*ck NO!

Is it bad sportsmanship to complain about a "loophole" someone used to defeat you, when you in fact have used the same loophole to win a GAME before? f*ck YES!

+1

This sums up this thread nicely.

OP creates poll, poll doesn't go his way. OP tries to justify poll not going his way. OP continues to self-flagellate, and attempts to change topic to be about how great he is.

Josko you are a great player, but this is such a petty thread. It doesn't reflect well on you as a person, or as a 'sportsman'.
saxitoxin wrote:deaths among the unvaccinated are higher.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby i-andrei on Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:29 pm

josko.ri wrote:
shoop76 wrote:

My team will anyway beat Fyrdraca team in the series of 9 sets so the win that they achieved on this shameful way will anyway be phyrric. Hopefully this shameful way of winning makes Fydraca and his company of friends happy and fullfilled =D>

Honestly, Josko, I think it would be higher, but I am sure that there all people that voted against you just to be against you. Just for the record, I am one of the 21% who believe it is poor sportsmanship and 1 of the people who do not have anything against you.

I also believe many of 'no' voters were just because they want to be against my idea. Still, given the circumstances, 21% of 'yes' votes is quite high.

In what world is 21% quite high?
I had a better impression about you josko, this thread just goes to prove how wrong i was.
You are one of the greatest players on this site, but other than that...

Btw, i can brag now i won an Antarctica series against you 3-0. That is one of my worst maps and i am not a top 100 player here so not sure what you can tell about that.
Major i-andrei

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:41 pm

josko.ri wrote:The case was also brought to attention of king achilles and he concluded that decision from TO should be respected. Therefore, the decision that this IS bad sportmanship should officially be respected, according to king achilles ruling.

Was this before or after this post was started? Because if this should be respected, a poll makes no sense unless you are trying to see if the community agrees with you, which it clearly does not.

You then showboating how 21% of players are being screwed over by "loophole abusers" like you've just proved some point, just shows that you can't understand that others in the majority might not agree with you. You are a great player, strategist and often have good points, but this thread might be one of the most egotistical threads I've seen, barring some Naruto and P@P postings.

Its also ironic to me that as you are a player who takes everything to the literal line to get a win, that you would even have a problem with this.
High Score: 3435
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby Elaterate on Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:43 pm

i-andrei wrote:Btw, i can brag now i won an Antarctica series against you 3-0. That is one of my worst maps and i am not a top 100 player here so not sure what you can tell about that.

4-2 overall too! Time to retire with your head held high!!! ;) :roll:
Major Elaterate

Postby HardAttack on Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:12 pm

Swimmerdude99 wrote:
josko.ri wrote:The case was also brought to attention of king achilles and he concluded that decision from TO should be respected. Therefore, the decision that this IS bad sportmanship should officially be respected, according to king achilles ruling.

Was this before or after this post was started? Because if this should be respected, a poll makes no sense unless you are trying to see if the community agrees with you, which it clearly does not.

You then showboating how 21% of players are being screwed over by "loophole abusers" like you've just proved some point, just shows that you can't understand that others in the majority might not agree with you. You are a great player, strategist and often have good points, but this thread might be one of the most egotistical threads I've seen, barring some Naruto and P@P postings.

Its also ironic to me that as you are a player who takes everything to the literal line to get a win, that you would even have a problem with this.

it is how it looks like in the first look,
imo, the way this thread, how it started and then how it turned into a josko vs hall of fames performance, maybe we should blame the nature of posts from community and josko''s spesific replies to those posts... which imo was/is not very smart i guess...

many of you know josko well,
he is a great player, strategian, yes...
but he is quite more than that...
a stubborn to a degree to defend his points to the whatever end as long as he believes his point is right one.
he is an idealist, % 100, very opposite of populism... he is not going to praise something that he does not believe to gain popularity, not going to comprimise.
he is a kind and ok person...

is he egoist ? are not we all ?

from the start to end,
the way of topic how it goes, conciously is/was made to switch every which way,
i dont know why, maybe i do but can not speak out without clear evidence.

heck, hungary scored it, 1-0 minute 11, wow omg.
is germany failing to qualify ?

my kind request is that;
those who has got not little idea about josko,
please stop doing character analysis, since you have got no idea.
Colonel HardAttack

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion