Conquer Club

rise in cheap tactics

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

rise in cheap tactics

Postby Artican Master on Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:33 am

Is it my imagination, or are far more CC players using cheap tactics? Loaded dice, hidden alliances, tag teaming, skipping turns and players who are sore losers and hit you with a nasty rating when you beat them fair and square. Why? CC used to be much more polite and fun.
Corporal 1st Class Artican Master

Re: rise in cheap tactics

Postby rockfist on Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:35 am

I think the dice aren't "loaded" however they seem to be extremely streaky. I don't know that there is anyone who consistently has above average dice.
Major rockfist

streaky dice

Postby Artican Master on Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:22 pm

You may be right about the dice, rockfist. They are extremely streaky. Horrible or absolutely perfect.
Corporal 1st Class Artican Master

Postby 2dimes on Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:35 am

I don't know if there are more of that type of player. I feel like maybe they are just easier to remember so it seems like there are more of them than there actually are.

You almost never remember the three players that just silently took their turns during a game. You will usually remember the one or two that misbehaved in the same game, for years sometimes.

I also feel like last year people seemed less polite out in the real world, during the start of the transition to putting on masks and having directional arrows on the floors in grocery store isles. The arrows are something that somehow is still too difficult for some to figure out after a year.
Private 1st Class 2dimes

Postby gannable on Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:50 pm

after thinking about it, if the dice goes totally against you early in the game...... I think its totally fair to use cheap tactics.

from now on, i may just miss turns and hope deferred troops throws the opponent off.

too many garbage games where you don't have a chance from the start
Lieutenant gannable

Postby owenshooter on Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:54 pm

i buy my cheap tactics the same place i bought my board game, at the dollar store... the black jesus has spoken...-Jesus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby 2dimes on Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:46 pm

Which dollar store is your favorite? Mrs dimes likes Dollarama and Dollar Tree best each has it's own reasons for making the list.
Private 1st Class 2dimes

Postby Hooch on Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:20 am

Are far more CC players using cheap tactics?

-The dice are the same for everyone at some point or another.
-Everything else is either due to the X amount of players remaining being crueller or cheaper because they've chosen to hang around, others haven't chosen too, the situation has dictated they want to be cheaper.

They thought that because they couldn't defeat the pointless arrows in supermarkets, they'd take it out on you on CC.

Maybe they are kind in their day to day lives, but just come here to give bad ratings?
Private 1st Class Hooch

Postby Shannon Apple on Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:46 pm

Artican Master wrote:Is it my imagination, or are far more CC players using cheap tactics? Loaded dice, hidden alliances, tag teaming, skipping turns and players who are sore losers and hit you with a nasty rating when you beat them fair and square. Why? CC used to be much more polite and fun.

I agree with rockfist on the dice. I don't believe that anyone is using cheats here on CC. It's more likely to run into a dice streak here and there. It happens to all of us.

As for sore losers... they're kinda funny. "Oh you only won because my dice sucked." And I'm thinking "eh no, you had better dice. I won because you're a poor player." But, the best strategy for those is to laugh at them and don't bother to argue. They want a confrontation. And they can only give you a poor rating once. Ratings on CC are never a good indicator of how good a player is, so don't get too hung up on it. I think people tend to rate based on behaviour rather than skill. It's weird, but it's how it goes. So based on that, I figure that if a player has a LOT of bad ratings, he's probably not a nice person, rather than just being a bad player. :lol:

People who do secret diplomacy are usually not very smart. That's why they need to cheat to win a strategy game. Normally, they're pretty easy for the MH team to sort out and punish. If you suspect them, check their other games together. If one or both of them appear to win a larger percentage of the games that they are in together, they don't target each other, or that kind of thing. You have a case for the C&A forum. Sometimes people are wrong when they make the report, but it is not something that goes ignored.

There have always been asshats on CC (and I've been here since 2009). They're a minority though. I think they just tend to make the most noise, so we notice them more than the nicer people.
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Colonel Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby rockfist on Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:11 pm

I think almost everyone gets a bit irritable if they are on a poor dice streak. There is a difference between irritable and total asshat though. I do know some people that have extremely thick skins in relation to dice streaks which is admirable. No I'm not implying myself, I'm somewhere in the middle on this issue.
Major rockfist

Return to Conquer Club Discussion