Conquer Club

logic behind the dice

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

logic behind the dice

Postby 6evil9 on Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:53 pm

Hey
i know that can be one of the stupid topics here
but does anyone know the logic behind the dice? as i am 110% dice is not random at all.
could be interesting to see that code behind it.

:)
Captain 6evil9

Re: logic behind the dice

Postby AceArtemis on Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:58 pm

RANDOM.ORG is a true random number service that generates randomness via atmospheric noise.

http://random.org/history/
Lieutenant AceArtemis

Postby Georgerx7di on Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:28 pm

randomness is based on how the computer feels that day. If you want good dice, drink soy milk and talk nice to your computer. Also, you should look at the red dice, then they will turn yellow. : )
Major Georgerx7di

Postby lancehoch on Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:38 pm

Also, please see the thread posted today by twill. Link
Sergeant lancehoch

Postby 6evil9 on Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:20 am

very nice looking graphs....BUT... all i was asking is the actual code behind the dice.... whatever language it is written in
iam not complaining about the dice being a b$itch, but just saying it is not random.
you can easily lose all your 10 armies trying to conquer 2 or can win with 5 against 15, it was not one off case, it is very often...
tried to through real dice 50 times and it was the case of distribution described on wikipedia....
anyway, that was an attempt to talk to CC programmers :)
Captain 6evil9

Postby lancehoch on Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:33 am

6evil9 wrote:BUT... all i was asking is the actual code behind the dice.... whatever language it is written in
Sorry to disappoint, but there is no code. The dice are taken line by line from random.org. They get their random numbers from static noise in the air.
6evil9 wrote:iam not complaining about the dice being a b$itch, but just saying it is not random.
you can easily lose all your 10 armies trying to conquer 2 or can win with 5 against 15, it was not one off case, it is very often...
tried to through real dice 50 times and it was the case of distribution described on wikipedia....

Just wondering if you read the thread, or just looked to the graphs. e_i_pi was the person who analyzed the data, he does that for a living and is not in any way associated with TeamCC (the mods). His analysis described why you would see the trends about which you are talking.
6evil9 wrote:anyway, that was an attempt to talk to CC programmers :)

Again, sorry, CC does not program the dice.
Sergeant lancehoch

Postby daydream on Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:37 am

6evil9 wrote:very nice looking graphs....BUT... all i was asking is the actual code behind the dice.... whatever language it is written in
iam not complaining about the dice being a b$itch, but just saying it is not random.
anyway, that was an attempt to talk to CC programmers :)

thats funny, since that happens BECAUSE the dice are random.
Lieutenant daydream

Postby Georgerx7di on Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:16 pm

Try looking up standard deviation, as the previous post says, loosing 10 v 2 sometimes is random.
Major Georgerx7di

Postby 6evil9 on Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:47 am

ok, so no helpfull reply, just junk...
oh well
Captain 6evil9

Postby e_i_pi on Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:49 am

6evil9 wrote:ok, so no helpfull reply, just junk...
oh well

My understanding of the way the dice are chosen, is that is follows a pseudo-random process that for all intents and purposes is random. In my analysis of the dice that are used on the site, I found no significant deviation from the norm on any particular number coming up, for attack or defence, or that streaks occurred an unnatural number of times or too regularly
Captain e_i_pi

Postby comic boy on Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:30 am

6evil9 wrote:ok, so no helpfull reply, just junk...
oh well

Go away, learn what random means, come back and apologise for wasting several seconds of our lives ok.
Im a TOFU miSfit
Brigadier comic boy

Postby Mr Changsha on Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:41 am

lancehoch wrote:
6evil9 wrote:BUT... all i was asking is the actual code behind the dice.... whatever language it is written in
Sorry to disappoint, but there is no code. The dice are taken line by line from random.org. They get their random numbers from static noise in the air.
6evil9 wrote:iam not complaining about the dice being a b$itch, but just saying it is not random.

Just wondering if you read the thread, or just looked to the graphs. e_i_pi was the person who analyzed the data, he does that for a living and is not in any way associated with TeamCC (the mods). His analysis described why you would see the trends about which you are talking.
6evil9 wrote:anyway, that was an attempt to talk to CC programmers :)

Again, sorry, CC does not program the dice.

Bah! Now they are telling us they can generate dice out of thin air! Humbug and damnations to you all. CC would be greatly improved if these moderators started to write some sense. Dice out of thin air indeed...
Colonel Mr Changsha

Return to Conquer Club Discussion