Conquer Club

HOW DO U GET UP TO A HIGH RANK?!?!?!?!

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

HOW DO U GET UP TO A HIGH RANK?!?!?!?!

Postby msurules44 on Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:40 am

how do really high ranks get there cause i cant get up there IM SO MAD
Private 1st Class msurules44

Re: HOW DO U GET UP TO A HIGH RANK?!?!?!?!

Postby Timminz on Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:17 am

You have 2 options, from what I can tell. You can either win more than 41% of your games, or you can win games that have more than 2 players in them.
Captain Timminz

Postby The Neon Peon on Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:38 am

Well, the most you can do is learn some strategies ;)

It took me a heck of a long time of being stuck in the Corporal rank until I realized I was being an idiot. I shot straight up to Lieutenant after that. Then I stayed there for a while because I was trying out new maps and settings.

After that, a week ago I decided to get up to major. It is taking me a while because I only have one slot to do it, the rest being occupied with tourneys, clan games, and a long 8 player. However, that one slot has earned me 200+ points from that week ago. So it shouldn't take too long anymore.

Anyways, back on topic. I am not really a high rank, but you can either:
1. Learn some strange map and setting combo, then point hoard 1v1 games on it until you get up to major, not going to get much farther than that I am afraid on this setting.
2. You can learn 8 man escalating games, this is best with premium, but a lot of the really high ranked play these.
3. You can get yourself into a really good team to play doubles, triples, and quads games with. But that will be kind of hard to do until you get your own rank up a little before hand.
Lieutenant The Neon Peon

Postby blade5048 on Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:42 pm

I went up from cadet to wat i am now by wining an 8 player game :D
Private blade5048

Postby jnd94 on Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:43 pm

Don't play doodle assassins. ever.
Captain jnd94

Postby william18 on Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:49 pm

The Neon Peon wrote:2. You can learn 8 man escalating games, this is best with premium, but a lot of the really high ranked play these.

This is what got me from corporal to lieutenant. I suggest terminator 8 player. Easy to get points.
Last edited by william18 on Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant william18

Postby Phlaim on Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:50 pm

Play games with 5 or more players, and learn good strategies for those games. as a freemium you really need patience if you're gonna get up in ranking. It's much easier when you're premium because you learn faster when you play more games.
Highest Score: 3868
Major Phlaim

Postby william18 on Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:53 pm

Phlaim wrote:Play games with 5 or more players, and learn good strategies for those games. as a freemium you really need patience if you're gonna get up in ranking. It's much easier when you're premium because you learn faster when you play more games.

Not that slow. I guess compared to premuims we are snails.
Sergeant william18

Postby The Neon Peon on Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:57 pm

william18 wrote:
Phlaim wrote:Play games with 5 or more players, and learn good strategies for those games. as a freemium you really need patience if you're gonna get up in ranking. It's much easier when you're premium because you learn faster when you play more games.

Not that slow. I guess compared to premuims we are snails.

Premium simply magnifies your skill. As a freemium, you take a long time to go anywhere with your rank, but if you have premium, your rank will go up and down more and will get to where it is going a lot faster. But in the end everyone does reach a point when they can no longer keep rising (or falling) because they are just not that good (or bad).
Lieutenant The Neon Peon

Postby dfaarc on Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:47 pm

noob farming works well too. if you want pointers i can get you in touch with some guys.
Sergeant 1st Class dfaarc

Postby The Neon Peon on Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:54 pm

dfaarc wrote:noob farming works well too. if you want pointers i can get you in touch with some guys.

I don't think that people who do not know how to play well can farm people that do not know how to play either very well. And please, don't even joke about things like that.
Lieutenant The Neon Peon

Postby Phlaim on Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:30 pm

The Neon Peon wrote:
dfaarc wrote:noob farming works well too. if you want pointers i can get you in touch with some guys.

I don't think that people who do not know how to play well can farm people that do not know how to play either very well. And please, don't even joke about things like that.

you're right. farming is for good players. :)
Highest Score: 3868
Major Phlaim

Postby Frigidus on Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:31 pm

Have you tried bribing lack?
Sergeant Frigidus

Postby Qwert on Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:14 pm

Well you definitly must play with 5-6-7-8 players,and you must have patience,and observe how your opponents play,and you must to waith right moment in escalating game to start attack, if you start attack to much early,then these game is lost for you,so patience and better strategy moment for attack,and you will see progress. 8-)
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Iliad on Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:14 pm

Frigidus wrote:Have you tried bribing lack?

No no no
Twill controls the dice. That's who you want to bribe
Private 1st Class Iliad

Postby william18 on Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:02 am

KLOBBER is the best. Thats why all his games are full of new recruits.
Sergeant william18

Postby Jeff Hardy on Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:52 am

msurules44 wrote:how do really high ranks get there cause i cant get up there IM SO MAD

its all about playing the right types of games

if you are good at something then play it
if you dont know what your good at then try stuff out - your rank will drop at first but then rise
if you arent good at anything then you cant get high

games you should never play if you want to get (and stay) higher than captain:
*doodle assasin
*1 vs 1 luxembourg/doodle/any other small map
*the games that come up when you click join a game
*a team game when you dont know/trust your team mate
*things your map rank is worse than private on

good luck mate ;)
General Jeff Hardy

Location: Matt Hardy's account, you can play against me there

Postby Mr Changsha on Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:31 pm

Maps are maps (profound I know) so if you are reasonably intelligent you should be able to learn any individual map fairly quickly. I suspect that the real trick is to decide if you want to be an escalating, flat rate or no cards player or a sequential or freestyle player. It is understanding the deeper strategies involved in any of those settings that will allow a player to improve their rank.

As an example, I played the previous poster yesterday at a game of doubles freestyle on the classic map. While I know the map inside and out I hadn't played freestyle speed before (let alone doubles on top) and found myself completely owned. Naturally, this didn't surprise me in the least.

Much is made of being able to play and win on a large amount of maps. I suspect this isn't as difficult as it is made out to be. The really excellent player must be able to play all the different settings well and I am sure that this kind of player would be something of a rarity.

So to conclude, I would suggest sticking with similar settings (for example I pretty much always play sequentially though also play both no cards and flat rate) as a way to increase your win rate and therefore achieve a higher rank.

Hope that helps,

Mr C
Colonel Mr Changsha

Postby The Neon Peon on Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:37 pm

I agree with the above (not going to quote because it is a long post), although I would say that any person with intelligence can learn any map easily within 3 games on it on normal settings (an example on not "normal" settings would be something like Feudal, fog, adjacent), and after that they can go out and try all of those weird tricks in settings people have learned.
Lieutenant The Neon Peon

Postby Prankcall on Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:00 pm

Win.That should some up how to rise in the ranks.I avoid no card/flat rate games because I have no patience for long drawn out games.I like Freestyle weather it be Casual or Speed.Find your niche and have at it.
Sergeant 1st Class Prankcall

Postby Kotaro on Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:04 pm

Open up 6 accounts. Works every time...
Lakad Matataaag!
Normalin, normalin.

TheJonah wrote:I`m not really that arsed. Just supporting my mucker.
Captain Kotaro

Postby The Neon Peon on Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:10 pm

Kotaro wrote:Open up 6 accounts. Works every time...

Tisk Tisk, whether or not you are joking, there are people who might read this and think you are serious. Please do not do that again, cheating is not funny in any context.
Lieutenant The Neon Peon

Postby 3Asefa on Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:11 pm

ok lol all forget to tell u to be high rank must buy a premuim mebership to play more than 4 games case u need alot of time to be a high rank and when u play more game ur learn from this game and play a team games and stop for play standard games .
Last edited by 3Asefa on Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cook 3Asefa

Postby Kotaro on Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:14 pm

The Neon Peon wrote:

Tisk Tisk, whether or not you are joking, there are people who might read this and think you are serious. Please do not do that again, cheating is not funny in any context.

Do you even read the things said in this place? There was a topic about licking other peoples golf balls, to remove the honey from it. This is the most unserious forum in existence...

Oh, and threadstarter, if you want to get to a high rank, do buy premium. It's 25 US dollers, which can be made mowing peoples laws, and will get you a lot of games, which'll help you practice and win.
Lakad Matataaag!
Normalin, normalin.

TheJonah wrote:I`m not really that arsed. Just supporting my mucker.
Captain Kotaro

Postby The Neon Peon on Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:21 pm

Kotaro wrote:
The Neon Peon wrote:

Do you even read the things said in this place? There was a topic about licking other peoples golf balls, to remove the honey from it. This is the most unserious forum in existence...

Oh, and threadstarter, if you want to get to a high rank, do buy premium. It's 25 US dollers, which can be made mowing peoples laws, and will get you a lot of games, which'll help you practice and win.

So let's contribute to the problem, shall we? If someone says something like that and gets their thread locked, there is definitely nothing wrong with doing it yourself since that person did it.

Look, the GD forums and sub forums, The Map Foundry Forums and sub forums, and the Suggs and Bugs are moderated very well indeed, and most of the people that go in them do not post things like that. It is the others where people go off and post random crap.
Lieutenant The Neon Peon

Next

Return to Conquer Club Discussion