Conquer Club

this is amateurish.

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

this is amateurish.

Postby black elk speaks on Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:56 pm

Twill wrote:Update #3:

We're going to probably have to go back through some backups, dig out just off-topics and the lost usergroups and restore them individually.

This probably wont happen until Tuesday (it's thanksgiving weekend here in Canada and so our families seem to want to spend time with us for some odd and unknown reason), so hang tight until then, off-topics and your clan forums will be coming back as soon as we can get them there.

We've heard conflicting things from the data center - we've been variously told it's the memory controller, then the hard drive something or other and then finally "sorry if the chiller failure caused you any problems"...which is what took out the database 3 months ago.

I'll post more when I know more.

I am glad that I don't have a premium account. Such a disruption in service because of a holiday only shows that this site is really hosted by volunteers and low wage makers, not a team of professionals. Thanks for the freemium service.
Last edited by black elk speaks on Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
ICAN wrote: im not finishing this game ball-less wonder go find another eunich to play with.
Captain black elk speaks

Re: this is amaturish.

Postby hwhrhett on Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:58 pm

but the games were only down for an hour. and thats what you pay for, forum is free.
Cook hwhrhett

Postby black elk speaks on Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:05 pm

Sure, I get that, but still.
ICAN wrote: im not finishing this game ball-less wonder go find another eunich to play with.
Captain black elk speaks

Postby pimpdave on Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:16 pm

black elk speaks wrote:Sure, I get that, but still.

But still what? You needed something to complain about?

Your life is that dreadfully pathetic? I'm not flaming you here, I'm just interpreting what you wrote. If I'm wrong, please correct me, but for fucksakes man, grow up.

If this is the worst thing that ever happens to you in your entire life, you'll have a wonderful fucking life.

And that's just straight up Dutch uncle truth right there. Don't get offended by it. Learn from it, move on, and don't post threads like this. I'm pretty sure this is the General Discussion forum, not the "Whine Like a 6 Year Old Child Who is Still Breast Feeding Forum"

ps. BES, I'm only coming down hard on you on this one cause I know you're capable of so much better. This is tough love, bro. Tough love.
Last edited by pimpdave on Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jay_a2j wrote:hey if any1 would like me to make them a signature or like an avator just let me no, my sig below i did, and i also did "panther 88" so i can do something like that for u if ud like...
Sergeant 1st Class pimpdave

Postby Frop on Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:18 pm

pimpdave wrote:And that's just straight up Dutch uncle truth right there.

Leave my uncle out of your tough teenager love, mister.
Captain Frop

Postby Jeff Hardy on Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:38 pm

black elk speaks wrote:I am glad that I don't have a premium account.

yeah coz 25 us dollars a year is so much
General Jeff Hardy

Location: Matt Hardy's account, you can play against me there

Postby hwhrhett on Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:40 pm

Frop wrote:
pimpdave wrote:And that's just straight up Dutch uncle truth right there.

Leave my uncle out of your tough teenager love, mister.

but i read in newsweek that uncles love tough teenager love!
Cook hwhrhett

Postby black elk speaks on Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:48 pm

pimpdave wrote:
black elk speaks wrote:Sure, I get that, but still.

But still what? You needed something to complain about?

Your life is that dreadfully pathetic? I'm not flaming you here, I'm just interpreting what you wrote. If I'm wrong, please correct me, but for fucksakes man, grow up.

If this is the worst thing that ever happens to you in your entire life, you'll have a wonderful fucking life.

And that's just straight up Dutch uncle truth right there. Don't get offended by it. Learn from it, move on, and don't post threads like this. I'm pretty sure this is the General Discussion forum, not the "Whine Like a 6 Year Old Child Who is Still Breast Feeding Forum"

ps. BES, I'm only coming down hard on you on this one cause I know you're capable of so much better. This is tough love, bro. Tough love.

Sure, I could have not pointed out the obvious. But why not point it out? The fact that the site can be left in a broken state by the site administrators only shows, imho, that this site is not a premium priority for those that make money from it. I have no figures to base my assessment from, but honestly, it seems to me to make a good bit of money on a yearly basis. I doubt that moderators get paid, or if they do, I seriously doubt that it is very much. I know of other sites where this kind of laziness would loose the site business. I mean, sure, go stuff your faces and lay around on your bellies while your money making site is broken. It shows me that our sites owners / administrators don't really give a shit about the status of the site.

I will freely post threads as I see fit Dave. There were some pretty good conversations going on in the "not yet" banned and I am inconvenienced by the delay in service and access to them. I thought it appropriate to point out my point of view. It sounds to me like you are the one whining like a 6 year old girl, when you get all bitchy from my posts. Oh, perhaps we should...

LOCK THIS @#!$ING THREAD!

Maybe that would make you happy?
Captain black elk speaks

Postby black elk speaks on Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:24 pm

Jeff Hardy wrote:

Yes, too much for this kind of laziness.
Captain black elk speaks

Postby FabledIntegral on Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:49 pm

black elk speaks wrote:
Jeff Hardy wrote:

Amusing how the $25 doesn't cover such features in the first place. Absolultely ridiculous logic on your part. That's like going to buy a carton of milk and the store having a special, "while supplies last, get a free cookie with each carton bought" and then them running out of free cookies every once in a while and you bitching about it.
Major FabledIntegral

Postby The Neon Peon on Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:56 pm

black elk speaks wrote:
Jeff Hardy wrote:

There is a difference between laziness and having a life you know. It is not like the mods live to go around fixing bugs in conquerclub. People have things to do in life other than an online site, in fact, most people on this site do. Now... maybe you do not, but at least don't get angry at the fact that someone would rather spend time with their family during a holiday, rather than go around making sure that people have a forum about off topic things.

Seriously,

If it was something to the sort of: The site is down, it takes 25 seconds to make a single move in a game, the dice are stuck on the same 3 digit line of code, and every post goes haywire and it a reply to some random topic which you can't see and is a combination of a trillion merged threads.... etc. Then your argument would have some base to it.

But since the problem is a missing off topic forum, (which you can get on a myriad of other sites if you wanted to talk about politics or whatever), and one that has been temporarily moved to the general discussion, and those few clan forums that are missing, which you can easily just PM the members, or use some other form of communication....

Seriously?

Is it that big of a deal that people must cancel their vacations to go out and fix the problem which they did not themselves cause?
Lieutenant The Neon Peon

Postby john9blue on Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:08 pm

You're bashing them for spending time with their families during a holiday? Does this ruin your view of the mods being superhuman? They're people, just like us... deal with it. I can understand if you got angry because they were professionals, but they're volunteers, for crying out loud.

Oh, and... amatEurish... :roll:
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Postby Iliad on Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:22 pm

john9blue wrote:You're bashing them for spending time with their families during a holiday? Does this ruin your view of the mods being superhuman? They're people, just like us... deal with it. I can understand if you got angry because they were professionals, but they're volunteers, for crying out loud.

Oh, and... amatEurish... :roll:
I'm quite sure mods get paid.

Anyway this is old news. Customer service sucks here. It is as simple as that.

I'll bet people will jump at me for saying this, but it is true.
Private 1st Class Iliad

Re: this is amateurish.

Postby black elk speaks on Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:58 pm

looks like I have touched a nerve? All of you rail like babies when all I am suggesting is that it is a good thing that they offer access to this site for free, because the customer service, the industry standard of 99999 lacks here. Yeah, I know that people have lives, but it is a reflection of the integrity of this site that is it left "broken" when it could be fixed in about an hour or so. This is sub standard in the IT world.
Captain black elk speaks

Re: this is amateurish.

Postby The Neon Peon on Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:00 pm

black elk speaks wrote:looks like I have touched a nerve? All of you rail like babies when all I am suggesting is that it is a good thing that they offer access to this site for free, because the customer service, the industry standard of 99999 lacks here. Yeah, I know that people have lives, but it is a reflection of the integrity of this site that is it left "broken" when it could be fixed in about an hour or so. This is sub standard in the IT world.

An hour or so? When they do not know what the problem was in the first place? I think you need to go back to computer science school. I recommend Neumont University, tuition is about $300,000.
Lieutenant The Neon Peon

Postby jonesthecurl on Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:12 pm

FabledIntegral wrote:
black elk speaks wrote:
Jeff Hardy wrote:

Amusing how the $25 doesn't cover such features in the first place. Absolultely ridiculous logic on your part. That's like going to buy a carton of milk and the store having a special, "while supplies last, get a free cookie with each carton bought" and then them running out of free cookies every once in a while and you bitching about it.

...when he didn't buy the milk.

I'm not happy at the loss of NYB, I hope its temporary, and trust it is.
But whether you pay pemium (7 cents a day FFS) or not, the fora are free.

Maybe if you can't post for a day or two mate, you'll have time to start that revolution. But if you win and end up in charge, beware of whiny freeloaders bitching about what you don't give 'em.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Sergeant 1st Class jonesthecurl

Postby hulmey on Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:13 pm

I love it that the freecheapo's are always the first people to complain :lol: :lol:
[img]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9761/41922610151374166770386.jpg[/mg]
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby Neoteny on Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:17 pm

I love that one's monetary contribution somehow validates a point. It seems that it didn't for the previous post. So I think that's proof that the forum is broken.
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
Major Neoteny

Postby Iliad on Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:30 pm

The Neon Peon wrote:
black elk speaks wrote:
Jeff Hardy wrote:

There is a difference between laziness and having a life you know. It is not like the mods live to go around fixing bugs in conquerclub. People have things to do in life other than an online site, in fact, most people on this site do. Now... maybe you do not, but at least don't get angry at the fact that someone would rather spend time with their family during a holiday, rather than go around making sure that people have a forum about off topic things.

Seriously,

If it was something to the sort of: The site is down, it takes 25 seconds to make a single move in a game, the dice are stuck on the same 3 digit line of code, and every post goes haywire and it a reply to some random topic which you can't see and is a combination of a trillion merged threads.... etc. Then your argument would have some base to it.

But since the problem is a missing off topic forum, (which you can get on a myriad of other sites if you wanted to talk about politics or whatever), and one that has been temporarily moved to the general discussion, and those few clan forums that are missing, which you can easily just PM the members, or use some other form of communication....

Seriously?

Is it that big of a deal that people must cancel their vacations to go out and fix the problem which they did not themselves cause?

Neon even still you do not comprehend that some people enjoy the community that goes to this forum. There are plenty of forums, but people like talking with the same people, whom you know fairly well.
jonesthecurl wrote:
FabledIntegral wrote:
black elk speaks wrote:
Jeff Hardy wrote:

...when he didn't buy the milk.

I'm not happy at the loss of NYB, I hope its temporary, and trust it is.
But whether you pay pemium (7 cents a day FFS) or not, the fora are free.

Maybe if you can't post for a day or two mate, you'll have time to start that revolution. But if you win and end up in charge, beware of whiny freeloaders bitching about what you don't give 'em.

A better comparison would if I say downloaded Vista off the net and then found a major bug, that happens to people who bought Vista too, that if you open Mozilla Firefox or it just crashes.

Sure I downloaded it for free but I still have a right to report this bug and be rather unhappy that Vista was so shoddy.
Private 1st Class Iliad

Postby jonesthecurl on Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:51 pm

Never said I was happy.
Bug extensively reported.
Trying to be patient.
I will be astoundingly annoyed if this isn't sorted pretty soon - but that's probably cos I'm a sad git who's found a social life with complete strangers on a computer monitor.

(incidentally, I'm looking forward to meeting some of you for real at the Risk tournament).

Postby black elk speaks on Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:51 pm

So if I am to understand the belligerent responses that I have seen thus far, I should shut up and not express my point of view, that it is weak site management to knowingly say "yeah, its broken, but f*ck it, its free?" Its a good thing that free speech is still applicable here. I can tell you all to kiss off without fear.

And Jones, I don't believe that I ever said that i was out to start a revolution.
Captain black elk speaks

Postby Frigidus on Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:54 pm

jonesthecurl wrote:Never said I was happy.
Trying to be patient.
I will be astoundingly annoyed if this isn't sorted pretty soon - but that's probably cos I'm a sad git who's found a social life with complete strangers on a computer monitor.

(incidentally, I'm looking forward to meeting some of you for real at the Risk tournament).

I believe the plan is to start looking into it on Tuesday, with luck they'll have it up by Wednesday. The best case scenario is another 3 days of this, which is disappointing.
Sergeant Frigidus

Postby black elk speaks on Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:01 am

Frigidus wrote:
jonesthecurl wrote:Never said I was happy.
Trying to be patient.

I believe the plan is to start looking into it on Tuesday, with luck they'll have it up by Wednesday. The best case scenario is another 3 days of this, which is disappointing.

...and precisely why I say this site isn't worth 25 bucks a year.
Captain black elk speaks

Postby jonesthecurl on Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:20 am

black elk speaks wrote:So if I am to understand the belligerent responses that I have seen thus far, I should shut up and not express my point of view, that it is weak site management to knowingly say "yeah, its broken, but f*ck it, its free?" Its a good thing that free speech is still applicable here. I can tell you all to kiss off without fear.

And Jones, I don't believe that I ever said that i was out to start a revolution.

Never said "SHUT UP" (this time). Even though (of course)that usually works. Especially with you, mate.
My point is this: those of us who pay, actually pay only to play more than 4 games at a time.
All of us post in the fora for free.
Yes, it sucks that my (and your) favourite forum is down right now, but neither of us pay for it, it's a freebie bonus for you, me , and everybody else. I'd probably be here and probably be paying 7 cents a day to play the games if there'd never been any fora, even "bloody hell look at these effin dice" fora (which, surprisingly, I seldom look at). I joined to play the games. It's an astonishly pleasant bonus that I get to read and join in with the NYB forum which contains people I admire, or like, or detest and enjoy saying so, or just enjoy crossing swords with, or maybe just look down on as a bunch of "sod me, it's dull here these days, cos I'm a dull bastard unlike the interesting guys from the old days" retards.

But the point of CC is CC games. If the games fell over I'd leave.

If the rest of it gets tedious or annoying I'll stop doing anything but gaming.

Of course, if I ever felt that the mods conspired to stop os NYBing that would be annoying enough that this year's premium would be the last.

Postby black elk speaks on Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:27 am

Meh, I'm still calling it like i see it. i doubt anyone spends any regular full time on the upkeep and maintenance on this site. seems more like residual income to me. and so, I suggest that it isn't worth 25 bucks to me. Why would I pay for half assed maintenance when I can play for free?
Captain black elk speaks

Next

Return to Conquer Club Discussion