Conquer Club

So, at this moment in time would you renew your membership?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: So, at this moment in time would you renew your membership?

Postby InkL0sed on Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:15 am

yeti_c wrote:I'm here to spam and whine up the forums - I can do that for free - so suck on that biatches.

C.

Oh man how this made me laugh...
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Re: So, at this moment in time would you hijack w/a dice whine?

Postby owenshooter on Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:19 am

Pedronicus wrote:I'm not going to re new my premium. I've had about as much as I can take from the frigging dice.
Earlier today I had a game where I had 9 to start with on one territory. my bonuses = 18, so 27 armies to attack with. virtually all enemy territories had 1 on.

3 minutes later, all my 27 gone - 8 enemy armies killed. all 3v1.
The game is in the bag, but with these dice - it just pisses me off.

I've also watched people attacking me in RT games and evidently my defending dice are equally as shit as my my attacking dice.

the dice complaint threads are merged, stop spamming up a valid thread with the usual dice horror stories.. thank you. can we back on topic now? the OP is now saying he never said he was quitting or leaving.. hmmm...-0
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby decoulombe on Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:44 am

I think quitting or becoming freemium on account of the feedback system is poor taste in my judgement. The most depressing thing I find with Conquer Club is some of the people who complain about a system in which they never offer to give advise or assistance to. Sure, I enjoyed the feedback system too, and loved my 100% positive feedback, and now going down to 4.8 out of 5 becomes embarrassing. Yet, how many offered their assistance to lack in maintaining that system. Lack in his announcement said that it "required full-time staff to settle disputes between pissed off members" and "was often a mission impossible." How many members who read that post even offered to maintain or even start to organize such a staff. (Some who volunteer want only the "mod" power and not the responsibility) In addition when whwn we enjoyed the feedback system, many complained to the mods whenever a negative feedback would come in, and the mods in turn would have to sit down and take hours trying to figure out who did what. It became confusing, and even almost annoying at times. I don't hear anyone sympathy for the mods, only complaints that they don't work hard enough to serve needs of the people. While I don't agree with the mods in everything they do, I do believe and have respect for them in what they try to accomplish.

Oh and BTW, for those of you who really have valid reasons for keeping the old feedback system, the best way is not by threatening membership. I've work with several volunteer organizations, and I tell my members not to give me problems, but to give solutions. Your not going to get "mods" to listen by giving them threats, etc. Anyalisize the problem, work on a solution, and volunteer to help if needed. I think we can make good use of CC's chat room if anyone wants to discuss the problem. PM me if your interested. In the meantime, I highly recommend for those who are thinking of letting there membership lapse in this case to reconsider since unfortunately money, the root of all evil, is needed to run this site. I for one love to play games on this site whenever I can so I would hate for this site to close due to lack of memberships. ;)

Sincerely
Decoulombe
Proud CC Member.
"You can't rule the world in hiding. You've got to come out on the balcony sometime and wave a tentacle"
Cook decoulombe

Postby Pedronicus on Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:00 am

OK - back on topic.
I used to have 100% feedback, but as above post says - I'm now down to 4.8%.

I couldn't care less about my sub perfect feedback nor the changed feedback system. If some prick with a gripe wants to leave me revenge - go ahead.

but I won't renew my premium due to other factors.

Is that better Owen?
Highest position 7th. Highest points 3311 All of my graffiti can be found here
Major Pedronicus

Postby Matroshka on Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:15 am

I would definitely renew my membership. I subscribe based on me liking to play the game. The rating system, medals, comments, etc. are all extras in my opinion, and have no bearing on whether or not I subscribe. I do, however, appreciate those bonuses and the time it takes the staff to implement them.
Sergeant 1st Class Matroshka

Postby cairnswk on Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:14 am

Of course i'd renew. the new system does leave bits to be desired, but it's easier to read than a lot of nasty BS because someone didn't like a move you made and U gumped 'em. I'm here to play the game (& make maps of course). ;)
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby Hotdoggie on Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:18 am

Amagad the rating system sucks so lets all quit the site cos of something as unimportant as that? erm no...

I obstained from the poll cos' the answer in general is yes but I only just renewed my membership so I wudnt wanna be paying again 1 month later =]
PERSONAL BEST...
Score: 2802
Place: 120
Date: 16 / 2 / 2009
Lieutenant Hotdoggie

Postby Kemmler on Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:19 am

I don't care at all about the new rating system and think it's quite amusing how everyone makes such a big fuss about it. I don't think I would renew tho actually because I'm finally content with my score and will just hang around the forum now; however I still have until March 09...
Cook Kemmler

Postby Optimus Prime on Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:24 am

Entertaining how overwhelming the responses are in favor of keeping premium and not making a big show of not renewing just to prove a point, eh?

I'll renew, and I'll keep renewing when I run out, and I'll keep buying premium for random members of this site, and I'll keep buying premium for winners of my tournaments in the future. Hell, if I had the money or knew someone who wanted to spend the money I would search this forum and gift every single one of the people who are "threatening" to not renew with another year just to spite them because I am damn sure that 95% of them would keep right on using that premium to play a load of games.

The ratings have things that need fixing, we all know that, and Lack is working on it. He's making attendance automated like the public wants, he's got a few other fixes in the works as well, most of you just aren't patient enough to wait and see what he brings back after reading through all the threads. ;)

I've got a 4.9 rating, and I'm sure it will go down in the coming months and perhaps climb back up. It isn't the end of the world, and anyone with a 4.7 or 4.8 that thinks it is embarrassing needs to re-evaluate their lives. Like decoulombe said, you aren't going to cause a mass exodus of premium members, if you think you will, you are delusional. Threatening this type of thing and making a show of it, just shows a heightened level of immaturity in my opinion.

Enjoy the game, give Lack a chance to fix the troubles, and earn some medals or something. It's all going to be fine.
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby max is gr8 on Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:07 pm

I won't pay to reknew, I still don't have any money, and I'm still trying to figure out who gave it to me at Christmas. I don't think it was RD, he was giving them out when he inherited money. And I'm pretty certain noone else would donate to me... Well I hope they reveal themselves sometime, then I really can thank someone and not seem like I'm sponging the person :lol:
ā€¹max is gr8ā€ŗ so you're a tee-total healthy-eating sex-addict?
ā€¹New_rulesā€ŗ Everyone has some bad habits
(4th Jan 2010)
Corporal max is gr8

Postby decoulombe on Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:10 pm

=D> Bravo Optimus. I love it when people paraphrase me :lol:
Cook decoulombe

Postby Bones2484 on Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:16 pm

I voted yes. I don't care one bit about the rating system, only the games/tournaments that I play for enjoyment.
Major Bones2484

Postby Optimus Prime on Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:19 pm

decoulombe wrote:=D> Bravo Optimus. I love it when people paraphrase me :lol:

The pleasure was entirely mine, decoulombe. :)
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby azezzo on Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:40 pm

at this moment in time NO.
because:

1. I am not happy with the removal of the feedback system
2. I am not happy with the ratings system for various reasons
3. I am not happy about this sites policy to censor players posts and threads.
4. i do not feel that the current dice are truly random, i go on huge swings from good to bad
5. I am not happy with C.C. 's foe list, I disagree with higher ranking players being allowed to put lower ranking players on the foe list because "they lost too many points"
Captain azezzo

Postby mibi on Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:45 pm

Ratings... meh, I barely used them before and certainly don't know... not much awarding lil starts to people. But the ratings certainly wouldn't be a deal breaker for premium though.

It's hard to say whether I would renew or not since I don't even know if I will be around when my membership is expired, in October of 2010.

I think Lack should be quicker with the updates though. This site reminds be of the Big Dig.
Captain mibi

Postby edsdad on Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:55 pm

Don't care about ratings,I can live with the dice,tech problems,it happens.I'm here because I like it here.Where else for 25.00 can you play in as many games as you want,meet so many interesting people and be allowed to bitch and whine to your hearts content.So yes I will renew.
Last edited by edsdad on Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cadet edsdad

Postby PLAYER57832 on Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:56 pm

If I don't renew, it will ONLY be because finances don't allow. There are changes I might like to see, but we CAN give input. I like the site!
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby barterer2002 on Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:46 pm

I'll be renewing this week. The rating system is irrelevant to my enjoyment of CC
Major barterer2002

Postby hulmey on Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:02 pm

Just to clarify my premium runs out in 2010 :D
[img]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9761/41922610151374166770386.jpg[/mg]
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby gdeangel on Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:07 pm

Ratings IDK... I would probably plunk down the cash if (1) the site were more reliable, and had better performance in crittical connection round trip time (i.e., why play speed when I would have dice time out syndrome every other roll), (2) if the points per game were on a 10-50 flat rate, rather than a 0-100 asymtotic or there were some other way to decide the size of your points bet on any game, and (3) if they fixed the logic on drops / neutral positions on 90% of the maps, which are given to making 1 in 10 games unwinable.

And, of course, if they go rid of random.org and generated a new file from a physical dice simulator.
My ever constant two last games seem to have no end in sight!
Sergeant gdeangel

Postby hulmey on Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:50 pm

gdeangel wrote:Ratings IDK... I would probably plunk down the cash if (1) the site were more reliable, and had better performance in crittical connection round trip time (i.e., why play speed when I would have dice time out syndrome every other roll), (2) if the points per game were on a 10-50 flat rate, rather than a 0-100 asymtotic or there were some other way to decide the size of your points bet on any game, and (3) if they fixed the logic on drops / neutral positions on 90% of the maps, which are given to making 1 in 10 games unwinable.

And, of course, if they go rid of random.org and generated a new file from a physical dice simulator.

I thought i was the only one getting timed out during speed games!!! Going off topic ; why is that still going on!!!
[img]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9761/41922610151374166770386.jpg[/mg]
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby Scott-Land on Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:04 pm

Ha, when I posted I didn't realize this was ratings related- to clarify, ratings have no bearing on me renewing or not. Me's should read more carefully. :lol:
Major Scott-Land

Postby cicero on Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:09 am

Scott-Land wrote:Ha, when I posted I didn't realize this was ratings related- to clarify, ratings have no bearing on me renewing or not. Me's should read more carefully. :lol:
The OP suggested that bias, but don't let that put you off. Answer the question as it stands. If ratings affect your answer so be it. If other things that are more important to you affect your answer, again fine. Answer accordingly. Fortunately the OP made the best kind of poll - one where you can change your mind.

Myself I'd be curious to read this thread again in 12 months and see how many of us who voted* yes were still premium and, perhaps more interestingly, how many who voted* no were still premium.

[* Voted and posted to confirm their position of course; since voting is invisible.]

So, for the record, "yes".
FREE M-E-Mbership and simple rules. Conquer Club - it's not complicated.

random me statistic @ 13 December 2008 - 1336 posts : 232nd most public posts (not counting Tower of Babble) of all time.
Sergeant cicero

Location: with the infected neutrals ... handing out maps to help them find their way to CC

Postby Scott-Land on Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:08 am

cicero wrote:
Scott-Land wrote:Ha, when I posted I didn't realize this was ratings related- to clarify, ratings have no bearing on me renewing or not. Me's should read more carefully. :lol:
The OP suggested that bias, but don't let that put you off. Answer the question as it stands. If ratings affect your answer so be it. If other things that are more important to you affect your answer, again fine. Answer accordingly. Fortunately the OP made the best kind of poll - one where you can change your mind.

Myself I'd be curious to read this thread again in 12 months and see how many of us who voted* yes were still premium and, perhaps more interestingly, how many who voted* no were still premium.

[* Voted and posted to confirm their position of course; since voting is invisible.]

So, for the record, "yes".

Not sure how that would be accurately assessed, as the poll states- at this moment in time. My personal goals have been satisfied, as my enjoyment came from climbing the boards and interacting with all the new people I've met. It however may change in a months time albeit a new ranking system or whatnot that would alter what I'd like to accomplish. Like I said, ratings would have a nil affect on me renewing or not. It's simply not that important to base my membership on. I'd like to be higher than 4.7 but hey- I'm not gonna lose sleep over it.

A perfect example is my buddy Rashid has been on the fence on whether to retire or keep playing. The circumstance I think that will weigh heavily on his decision to play would have to be Blitz's new 5K thread. He's certainly capable and will most likely be the 5th player all time to do it. Certainly a great reason to stay- and of course keeping pwning his buddy Scott ;)
Major Scott-Land

Postby nagerous on Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:41 pm

It's a bit sad to not renew just because of the ratings system, who cares about having a 4.9 or 4.8 whatnot against your name, it essentially means the same as the 53-0 or whatever we had, before. No-ones really fussed, they're hear to play risk not to give feedback. As for renewing my premium, when it runs out, probably not, this one in itself was a gift, a very generous one in fact so great thanks to the guy who bought it, they know who they are but I'm not sure if I will maintain the commitment to CC for another 12 months after it runs out.
Captain nagerous

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion