Conquer Club

Mafia game voting

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

The Squirrel's next game?

Sweeney Todd
23%
The Legend of Zelda
46%
Role Steal
31%
Other Suggestion
No votes

Total votes : 13

Mafia game voting

Postby Mr. Squirrel on Sun May 01, 2011 10:04 am

So it looks like the forum isn't going to get any quieter with game sign-ups. Probably on account that everyone keeps creating new games even before theirs is done (I'm looking at you, chu! :x ). So I guess now is as good a time as any to start a new game. The trouble is, I've been playing around with a few setups and I can't decide which one I want to use. Help me out:

Sweeney Todd mafia:
This game is pretty much done in terms of setup. I have all the roles made, I just need players. And I might want someone to look over the setup for balance. It will have some VTs. It will also have a 'morning' cycle where players will be able to decide if they want to eat the meatpies made by the mafia that night. Those pies may help you or hurt you (you don't know until you try them). Based on the hollywood movie. 11 players

The legend of zelda mafia:
I've made a few roles for this, but I'm not nearly close to being done. This would be a large game (probably 15+ players) and will have characters from many (if not all :shock: ) zelda games. Completely Non-vanilla. This could potentially be a huge game (like Briarsburg) due to the large number of characters, but unless people really want that, I will try to keep it to a manageable size.

Rolesteal mafia:
I was actually thinking about this around the same time that / was making his rolegift mafia (ironic, no?). Its a similar mechanic to his, but twisted a little. Each player receives a role with a night action. When you use that night action on another player, they will steal your role and be able to use it the following night. So by roleblocking a scummie, you will also be empowering him for the following night. Might be interesting.

Other:
If any of you guys have any interesting themes (or even just an interesting mechanic) you would like me to run, go ahead and suggest them. If I like the idea, I might just decide to run that instead. Or if it is a mechanic, I might incorporate it into a game.
pmchugh wrote:If I wasn't lazy, I would sig that :lol:
Lieutenant Mr. Squirrel

Re: Mafia game voting

Postby pancakemix on Sun May 01, 2011 10:48 am

Sweeny Todd: I might play. Finished is good.

Zelda: IN. Absolutely in. But I'd say finish it first.

Rolesteal: Intriguing, and probably not too heavy in terms of balancing. I'd give it a shot.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby Commander9 on Sun May 01, 2011 10:56 am

I'd say go with Mr. Todd ( ;) ) for now and while you finish that, get ready for others :)
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby nagerous on Sun May 01, 2011 11:16 am

Zelda!!!!
Captain nagerous

Postby safariguy5 on Sun May 01, 2011 5:33 pm

Sweeny Todd had some promise, I'd go with that first and give you some time to mull over the specifics of Zelda.
Captain safariguy5

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sun May 01, 2011 8:55 pm

I liked the role steal idea, I think it brings quite an interesting mechanic to the table, and I'd be interested to see how it would play out.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby strike wolf on Mon May 02, 2011 7:44 am

Considering that you have already gotten the roles and some people signed up (might have to send a mass message to see who's still interested obviously) I would stick with sweeney first and allow yourself some time to consider roles and balance for zelda or role steal.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Mr. Squirrel on Mon May 02, 2011 10:10 am

Ok. I'll keep working on zelda and run sweeney in the meantime.
Lieutenant Mr. Squirrel

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Mon May 02, 2011 12:10 pm

Mr. Squirrel wrote:Ok. I'll keep working on zelda and run sweeney in the meantime.

sounds good. I can't wait for zelda
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV

My Smiley: ( :) ) --- it's got SHIELDS!

everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.
Sergeant shieldgenerator7

Postby edocsil on Mon May 02, 2011 12:28 pm

Zelda is a must.If you don't host it in the next few months I will ask permission to steal it from you.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby Mr. Squirrel on Mon May 02, 2011 12:49 pm

edocsil wrote:Zelda is a must.If you don't host it in the next few months I will ask permission to steal it from you.

lol. We'll see. Seeing all the support, I will probably run it once Todd is done.
Lieutenant Mr. Squirrel

Return to Mafia Discussions