Conquer Club

Cap on Mafia Games

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby The Weird One on Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:54 am

that's what i'm saying. . .no elitism. . .accept all and have 2 forums :D
sheepofdumb wrote:I'm not scum, just a threat to the town. There's a difference, thank you very much.

ga7 wrote: I'll keep my vote where it should be but just in case Vote Strike Wolf AND f*ck FLAMINGOS f*ck THEM HARD
Sergeant The Weird One

Postby Rictus on Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:55 am

All I can say is as a n00b, I'm in one game ONLY, and intend to stay that way until I'm convinced that I can handle more than one... which might be never, because in a big game, there's a lot to keep track of.

I do wonder how people find the time to hold down more than one Mafia game, especially if you're also running multiple 'risky' games as well - there just aren’t enough hours in the day for me! It's discouraging to think that some of the more experienced players in my only game might not really be following it due to being in too many games at once. I agree that guidelines would help go a long way to advise people on how to run games, and indeed sensible playing limits. They can't be rules, because everyone is different - if I wasn't working for a living, I probably could play in every game going!

Maybe an active list somewhere showing how many games people are currently playing would be useful? That way game mods can make a value judgement about whether or not they want that player in the game? Just a thought, but this is clearly a useful conversation to be having.

I do think that supply and demand should take care of the numbers of games running issue though, at least in the long term – if there’s too many games, they’ll take longer and longer to fill up.
Corporal Rictus

Postby XGSuperstar on Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:25 pm

When I set up my game, it took forever to get people joining, and the game is running slow like the rest, though personally it appears a little bit faster. I assume its a ton of people modding games when they are not ready.

If every single person mods a game at the same time, there will be next to little demand. Only like a few people should be modding at any one time. 10+ is too much.

And Dustn, change your sig, at LEAST don't make it flash, it gives me a headache.
New Recruit XGSuperstar

Postby nagerous on Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:53 pm

F1fth wrote:That's a terrible idea. It would be a system that encourages elitism, not to mention the fact that you couldn't force people to participate in the "bad players forum." I know I at least wouldn't be here participating if the games were set up like that, and I think it should be a welcoming environment.

That said, there's an easy solution to this. People just need to stop modding so many games. If you see that there are 10+ games going on, wait it out for a month or two. And if new games get started anyway, just tell that person that they should hold on, or in the case of the newer players, tell them to get some more experience before modding.

the only problem is its actually the good mods which have the patience, whilst the noobs who can't mod a decent game or don't have the experience to pull together a good player list just make games all the time. There won't be any decent games if all the good mods always wait because of there being more than 10 games.
Captain nagerous

Postby F1fth on Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:56 pm

nagerous wrote:
F1fth wrote:That's a terrible idea. It would be a system that encourages elitism, not to mention the fact that you couldn't force people to participate in the "bad players forum." I know I at least wouldn't be here participating if the games were set up like that, and I think it should be a welcoming environment.

That said, there's an easy solution to this. People just need to stop modding so many games. If you see that there are 10+ games going on, wait it out for a month or two. And if new games get started anyway, just tell that person that they should hold on, or in the case of the newer players, tell them to get some more experience before modding.

the only problem is its actually the good mods which have the patience, whilst the noobs who can't mod a decent game or don't have the experience to pull together a good player list just make games all the time. There won't be any decent games if all the good mods always wait because of there being more than 10 games.

Don't join their games. Just say "Sorry, dude but you need to wait a little while before modding a game" and let the topic die.
<>---------------------------<>
......Come play CC Mafia,
.....where happiness lies
<>----------[Link]----------<>

REMEMBER NORSE // REMEMBER DANCING MUSTARD
Corporal F1fth

Postby nagerous on Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:57 pm

I don't lol.
Captain nagerous

Postby The Weird One on Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:58 pm

that reminds me. . .I've thought up a mafia theme (yes, i do realize there are too many games right now) and I'd like an experienced mod to look over the rolesheet it and see if it is balanced. any volunteers :?:
sheepofdumb wrote:I'm not scum, just a threat to the town. There's a difference, thank you very much.

ga7 wrote: I'll keep my vote where it should be but just in case Vote Strike Wolf AND f*ck FLAMINGOS f*ck THEM HARD
Sergeant The Weird One

Postby jnd94 on Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:13 pm

I guess I will :?
Captain jnd94

Postby Fircoal on Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:19 am

nagerous wrote:

I'm the only counterexample. ;)

And also, I think I argeed to too many games. >.< Curse me and the fact I don't want to say no, to get people upset. :(
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Previous

Return to Mafia Discussions