Conquer Club

TO ALL MAFIA GAME MODS

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Which would you prefer?

No colors for votes
28%
Standard color for votes
28%
Any random color for votes
44%

Total votes : 54

Postby mandalorian2298 on Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:15 pm

wicked wrote:Colors are used to make votes stand out more.... ie for the lazy mod who just wants to skim. But seeing how they pick up on votes that AREN'T in color anyway (how many times have you seen "so&so didn't vote in color, so it doesn't count"), and how some people post their entire posts in color, it's not really needed. BOLD IS ENOUGH. COLOR ISN'T NEEDED. STOP REQUIRING IT.

What do you suggest? Should mods should be punished for setting up and moding the game by being forced to read 100+ nonsensical posts? :roll:

Bold doesn't stick out as much when you are just skiming through the pages. Bold and color do. When you decide to honor us by moding a game, feel free to prescribe tiny votes, if you feel that you'll be able to spot them.

On the matter of different colors, I realy don't see what's so difficult about using specific color. Players are supposed to read the first post, you know, and it usualy states there which color should be used. :wink:
Mishuk gotal'u meshuroke, pako kyore.

Talapus wrote:I'm far more pissed that mandy and his thought process were right from the get go....damn you mandy.
Lieutenant mandalorian2298

Postby Skoffin on Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:27 pm

It shouldn't be too hard to post in colour, as said you should read the first page anyway. If you are unsure of what colour to use it only takes a few seconds to recheck the front page. Although a standarised vote colour wouldn't be such a bad idea, but you shouldn't pick on the mods who don't use it. Although changing the word used for voting or size is overboard.
I think the main problem here isn't people wanting it changed, but how it's being gone about.
Wicket I've seen you whining the instant you join a game with colour, if you are not going to follow the rules of the game then just don't sign up. Or atleast ask if they might possibly change it and not instantly start demanding them to cater to your every whim.
Everything confuses and enrages me! Raaaargh
Join Discord group for multiplayer gaming and general nonsense.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby firth4eva on Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:30 pm

Any one setting is fine but if you make it bold and colour or colour and big it starts getting stupid.
Captain firth4eva

Postby mandalorian2298 on Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:33 pm

firth4eva wrote:Any one setting is fine but if you make it bold and colour or colour and big it starts getting stupid.

Bold and color looks nice. Bold, color AND big is a bit much because of too many invalid votes being casted.

Talapus wrote:I'm far more pissed that mandy and his thought process were right from the get go....damn you mandy.

Re: TO ALL MAFIA GAME MODS

Postby wicked on Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:34 pm

Skoffin wrote: I for one refuse to allow Wicket to play anymore! If everyone does this, it should work. :wink:

Well Skofink, I'ver never joined or plan to join any games of yours anyway. :roll:

ALL I'm suggesting is a standardized color or none at all to make it easier on the players in multiple games. Would that be such a bad thing? Sheesh people, i'm suggesting something to make games easier on everyone. no one identifies the game by the color of the voting and it's a PITA to have to go search for the colors for every single flipping game.
Last edited by wicked on Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major wicked

Postby Iliad on Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:37 pm

wicked wrote:
Skoffin wrote: I for one refuse to allow Wicket to play anymore! If everyone does this, it should work. :wink:

Well Skofink, I'ver never joined or plan to join any games of yours anyway. :roll:

*Fight*Fight*Fight* :lol:
Private 1st Class Iliad

Postby Skoffin on Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:44 pm

wicked wrote:

ALL I'm suggesting is a standardized color or none at all to make it easier on the players in multiple games. Would that be such a bad thing? Sheesh people, i'm suggesting something to make games easier on everyone. no one identifies the game by the color of the voting and it's a PITA to have to go search for the colors for every single flipping game.

Aww Wicket can't take a joke eh?

Suggesting a standardised colour is fine, but calling all mods lazy and bitching at them is not. I am all for a standardized colour but I am not at all for you putting all the mods off side while you do it. Asking for things politely will get you a lot further then whining and demanding.
Everything confuses and enrages me! Raaaargh
Join Discord group for multiplayer gaming and general nonsense.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby Ditocoaf on Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:51 pm

I don't really care anymore.

One thing I do want to say, though: I don't think wicked is trying to ban colors, she's just posting an opinion, seeing if it sticks. Apparently it hasn't. There's no need to start a bandwagon. :wink:
Private 1st Class Ditocoaf

Postby Iliad on Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:52 pm

Wicked how about you try modding.....a game?

I mean out of all people I expected you to whine the least. If It was some noob who just started playing or something, yeah that wouldn't surprise me. But you? If you ask what is the point of making a coloured vote will ask you what's the point of having forms in cheating and abuse forums and the suggestions and bug forum.What's the point of e-tickets instead of just sending it in a pm?

Making coloured votes help because if I wanna make a voute count after 15 pages I don't wanna check every post. It makes it so much quicker.

I agree with making a standardised colour but if the flavour of the game requires it you can make an exception. For example if chu makes a game about pikachu then it would be acceptable if votes have to be in yellow, etc.

If we have a standardised colour I propose blue.
a) It's beeen the normal colour for quite a bit now
b) it's easier on the eyes
Private 1st Class Iliad

Postby / on Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:59 pm

I apparently can't see votes very well colored or not.
but I don't mind posting in color, it shows I put a bit of thought into the vote.
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby mandalorian2298 on Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:25 pm

wicked wrote:

As a suggestion, I must admit that makes a lot of sense.

It has been realy irritating, back when it was an ultimatum. :P

Postby pmchugh on Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:57 pm

i think you are being ridiculous about this wicked is it really that hard to remember a colour? and even if you forget simply look at someone elses vote, considering people usually read the most recent posts of a game before voting anyway. if the mod of the game wants to have a colour let them have it, its there game and to complain like you did to get toanked after he has created a huge game with many intresting roles and a complicated storyline for the benifit of you and other players, over something so small and meaningless is stupid and disrespectful. And your supposed to be a mod!
Major pmchugh

Postby wicked on Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:04 pm

Changed the pole. 8) Revote if you'd like.
Major wicked

Postby / on Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:07 pm

Really, if one is unable to remember the thread they are posting in, how is one even able to put forth a coherent vote?
colors are something quite easy to remember when not color blind (and even so they are labeled), in a strategy game every little detail should count, I personally find it odd that one could know the complex nuances of the game, behavior of scum, their own role, who should be voted for, who is targeting whom, etc. but not remember something seemingly simple such as pressing one button to change the color.
Though on the other hand a good mod should be able to see any vote and throughly view each person's post.
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby got tonkaed on Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:10 pm

/ wrote:Really, if one is unable to remember the thread they are posting in, how is one even able to put forth a coherent vote?
colors are something quite easy to remember when not color blind (and even so they are labeled), in a strategy game every little detail should count, I personally find it odd that one could know the complex nuances of the game, behavior of scum, their own role, who should be voted for, who is targeting whom, etc. but not remember something seemingly simple such as pressing one button to change the color.
Though on the other hand a good mod should be able to see any vote and throughly view each person's post.

ill be honest, im probably on as much as any mod if not more during games i mod...and usually its no problem to see votes as they go. But with some of the larger games, you get some pages that add up pretty quickly even over a few hours. Now if your gone for the better part of a weekend or somethign, you could have come back to a whole chunk of pages, and people will probably want a quick vote count.

I dont usually read the posts in the game until ive counted up all the votes when i get back to a game, and scrolling through for a non black color just works easily for me. Bold probably would be fine in general, but different colors work as well too. Is it a huge issue as a mod? not really, but i think considering one of my biggest things as a mod is to have pretty frequent vote counts for players, anything that makes it easier i should be able to do.
Cadet got tonkaed

Postby InkL0sed on Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:11 pm

Iliad wrote:Wicked how about you try modding.....a game?

I mean out of all people I expected you to whine the least. If It was some noob who just started playing or something, yeah that wouldn't surprise me. But you? If you ask what is the point of making a coloured vote will ask you what's the point of having forms in cheating and abuse forums and the suggestions and bug forum.What's the point of e-tickets instead of just sending it in a pm?

Making coloured votes help because if I wanna make a voute count after 15 pages I don't wanna check every post. It makes it so much quicker.

I agree with making a standardised colour but if the flavour of the game requires it you can make an exception. For example if chu makes a game about pikachu then it would be acceptable if votes have to be in yellow, etc.

If we have a standardised colour I propose blue.
a) It's beeen the normal colour for quite a bit now
b) it's easier on the eyes

This sums up my opinion exactly.
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Postby rebelman on Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:16 pm

militant wrote:I agree with wicked, it isnt difficult to spot bolded text, i am modding a game now, and i manage.

qft as a player i have yet to mod a game its a serious pain - boldis the obvious way to go i have only played a few games in one it was blue - stargate another red - godfather and others were just bold also we need to remember some players on this site always write in a certain colour eg skoffin in red so bold is the obvious answer

ps i think the result of the vote should be irrelevant and common sense should prevail.
Don't now why people on here don't like being cooks, remember under siege: A former SEAL, now cook, is the only person who can stop a gang of terrorists when they sieze control of a US Navy battleship.
Private rebelman

Postby nagerous on Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:19 pm

With the coloured votes, most of us are quite liberal in requiring the bolded as well. I've noticed a few people not do it and I've just let it slip.

Also, the guy who complained about always writing the code, there is a font colour button its pretty quick and easy.
Captain nagerous

Postby nagerous on Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:33 pm

Ok... I've read all the posts and here is my decision on the matter.

Godfather votes will STAY as bold and red. Any vote during the game that is not in red will not be counted..

All future games by me will have standard bold votes... (unless we all agree that all future mafias have bold and blue votes then I will follow suit).

This is my final decision on the matter.
Captain nagerous

Postby wicked on Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:37 pm

thanks Nag. I'm not asking for anyone to change any querrent game, but keep it in consideration for future games. those of us playing multiple games thank you for keeping it simple.
Major wicked

Postby Fircoal on Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:39 pm

My thought done lazy form. :lol:

Fircoal - I have problems. says:
I know that's why I'm questioning their validity
as mods
NicK says:
Kk
you can't just do it because you don't feel like reading all the posts
that's part of the greatness
doing that is just being lazy and you probably shouldn't mod if you aren't going to read it all
NicK says:
I read it all
NicK says:
I didnt want to be boring
NicK says:
main reason i did colours
the only time I skim my own thread is if I read it before
NicK says:
i thought all the previous epic games have had them
and usually when that's happeneding I'm behind on a VC
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby Ditocoaf on Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:45 pm

I think wicked's done a perfectly fine thing here, in letting mods know that some players find it inconvenient. There's no way this should be imposed on mods; like they've said, if you don't like it, then don't join. But it's just something they can keep in mind while making a game. Personally, I don't care, but I don't think that wicked's being unreasonable just by [i]mentioning[i] it. IF she had tried to impose a rule, then I'd be unhappy with this thread, but she hasn't.
Private 1st Class Ditocoaf

Postby wicked on Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:47 pm

Well the rules are often announced when the game starts, not when you sign up.
Major wicked

Postby pmchugh on Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:48 pm

wicked wrote:thanks Nag. I'm not asking for anyone to change any querrent game, but keep it in consideration for future games. those of us playing multiple games thank you for keeping it simple.

then why do you refuse to vote in brown in the asylum game?
Major pmchugh

Postby LSU Tiger Josh on Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:20 pm

As a mod and player, here are my thoughts. Having a bold and color is not that difficult to the player as you can hit bold first and then color followed by end bold. Just color sometimes is fine depending on the color although it stands out a lot more when it is bold and in color. The PITA part comes from having colors mixed with sizes. That requires us having to cut and paste to get it right. I also agree that using the "non standard vote" method "can be" a PITA, but not always. Sometimes it fits the situation of the game such as my civil war mafia game. In a war, no one would be "lynched" rather then would actually be shot at and killed.
LSU Tiger Josh
The man, the myth, the legend has returned.
Corporal LSU Tiger Josh

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Discussions