Conquer Club

MAFIA DISCUSSION THREAD

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Iliad on Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:39 pm

NESconqueror wrote:
Skittles! wrote:
NESconqueror wrote:
Iliad wrote:I'm making a cool cc mafai game soon co-modding with dominationnation. It's going to be a saga! And awesome! And did I mention awesome?

indeed you mentioned awesome... I hope I get put in as a role (Like my natural suit of jester)

With dominationnation co-modding, you think you'll get it?

I got this feeling that is assured with DN co modding, but I could be wronger than a fungus.

Yeah doubt it NEs
Private 1st Class Iliad

Postby The1exile on Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:40 pm

You know what I think would be really good?

Unlynchable NES. :D
Lieutenant The1exile

Postby ga7 on Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:48 pm

..Nes is much like a
puppy with rabies; sadly,
..............You gotta kill it.
Lieutenant ga7

Postby Iliad on Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:00 pm

The1exile wrote:You know what I think would be really good?

Nah NES as jester!
Private 1st Class Iliad

Postby Fircoal on Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:46 pm

Iliad wrote:

Nah NES as jester!

already done. :lol:
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby Skittles! on Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:51 pm

ga7 wrote:..Nes is much like a
puppy with rabies; sadly,
..............You gotta kill it.

Sadly? PSH!
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby Iliad on Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:24 pm

Fircoal wrote:
Iliad wrote:

Nah NES as jester!

WHERE?
Private 1st Class Iliad

Postby Fircoal on Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:25 pm

Iliad wrote:
Fircoal wrote:
Iliad wrote:

Nah NES as jester!

WHERE?

I forgot, I'll have to look for it. ;) I think it's in one of my rt mafias. ;)
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby Iliad on Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:23 am

Oh and NES: yes you are role in the game
Private 1st Class Iliad

Postby Skittles! on Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:33 am

Iliad wrote:Oh and NES: yes you are role in the game

-Cry- And I was going to join!
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby Iliad on Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:35 am

Skittles! wrote:
Iliad wrote:Oh and NES: yes you are role in the game

-Cry- And I was going to join!

Hehe. It's still good.
Private 1st Class Iliad

Postby Iliad on Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:57 am

All the roles in our cc mafia game have been made
Private 1st Class Iliad

Postby kalishnikov on Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:13 pm

Guys, you may wanna consider holding off on making any new games for a bit and let some of the ongoing finish up. Half the games that are going now are dead and pretty much every day at least 1 new game gets posted.

We've got a pretty dedicated base, but some of the hardcore players are starting to burn out by the looks of it and any more games are just going to make that worse. The quality of said games is already suffering and if it gets much lower, it's almost not worth playing.

I don't mean rt, I mean normal games.
Sergeant 1st Class kalishnikov

Postby mr. incrediball on Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:15 pm

Iliad wrote:All the roles in our cc mafia game have been made

am i one!? [-o<

i'd make a great... basic townie :cry:
darvlay wrote:Get over it, people. It's just a crazy lookin' bear ejaculating into the waiting maw of an eager fox. Nothing more.
Cook mr. incrediball

Postby Hitman079 on Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:50 pm

bump to ask a question.
i know there's been bad mods before, but would it be possible to have a "bad mod mafia game"?
basically, i'd be a bad mod. like when there would be a lynch, the role would either not be revealed or be incorrect, and the same rule will be applied with role investigation results and that stuff. players could vote multiple times (as in vote for 2 or more ppl at once, which i think was in the inquisition mafia game), etc.
would this be a good idea?
but of course, there'd have to be tweaks, right? like a setup that leans heavily towards the favor of the town, or only basic werewolf roles (mafia, townies, town cop and doc)?
Cook Hitman079

Postby life-saver on Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:57 pm

I have a good idea for a super-townie. XD

Militia- This townie, when targeted by scum, becomes a vig, getting one day kill, then goes back to a regular townie. This happens every time he is targeted, until he is lynched/NK'd. I got this idea from history class, since the militia/minutemen were normal townsfolk until they had to fight. :wink:
NU WAI!
Fircoal wrote:I'm always high
Cook life-saver

Postby Fircoal on Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:19 pm

Hitman079 wrote:bump to ask a question.
i know there's been bad mods before, but would it be possible to have a "bad mod mafia game"?
basically, i'd be a bad mod. like when there would be a lynch, the role would either not be revealed or be incorrect, and the same rule will be applied with role investigation results and that stuff. players could vote multiple times (as in vote for 2 or more ppl at once, which i think was in the inquisition mafia game), etc.
would this be a good idea?
but of course, there'd have to be tweaks, right? like a setup that leans heavily towards the favor of the town, or only basic werewolf roles (mafia, townies, town cop and doc)?

hmm sounds fun. I'd like to play in that. MAybe have it wait for a while so I could play as I'm swamped right now and
Hitman079 wrote:like when there would be a lynch, the role would be incorrect,

Already done. :lol: (NV4 FTW!)
Captain Fircoal

Postby Fircoal on Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:20 pm

life-saver wrote:I have a good idea for a super-townie. XD

Militia- This townie, when targeted by scum, becomes a vig, getting one day kill, then goes back to a regular townie. This happens every time he is targeted, until he is lynched/NK'd. I got this idea from history class, since the militia/minutemen were normal townsfolk until they had to fight. :wink:

sounds cool, someone should try it out in an rt mafia game. ;)
Captain Fircoal

Postby life-saver on Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:22 pm

Fircoal wrote:

Organized... torture... *shudder*

I was thinking of trying it out in a RT, yeah. But not telling the person until they get targeted.
NU WAI!
Fircoal wrote:I'm always high
Cook life-saver

Postby Iliad on Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:23 pm

kalishnikov wrote:Guys, you may wanna consider holding off on making any new games for a bit and let some of the ongoing finish up. Half the games that are going now are dead and pretty much every day at least 1 new game gets posted.

We've got a pretty dedicated base, but some of the hardcore players are starting to burn out by the looks of it and any more games are just going to make that worse. The quality of said games is already suffering and if it gets much lower, it's almost not worth playing.

I don't mean rt, I mean normal games.

yeah. WAY too many games happening.
Private 1st Class Iliad

Postby Fircoal on Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:26 pm

life-saver wrote:
Fircoal wrote:

Organized... torture... *shudder*

I was thinking of trying it out in a RT, yeah. But not telling the person until they get targeted.

NV4 was awesome. :D But like the rest of the NV's (But NV2) better suited for non-n00bs. ;)
Captain Fircoal

Postby Hitman079 on Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:01 am

i see, and what about the matter of the game balance?
Cook Hitman079

Postby F1fth on Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:47 am

How's this game type sound? I originally tried this game with everything ambiguous so that it was like a standard mafia game , (Link here), but I'm started to think that it has potential with everything revealed, albeit with a changed dynamic (similar to how dethy is unique). Anyway, any advice is appreciated!

This is an Oregon hospital (in support of assisted suicide) and there are three pairs of lyncher/jester (doctors and their suicidal patients) and one SK (angry extremist). If one of the jesters is lynched (not NK'd) on day 1, that pairing immediately wins the game. If the extremist was lynched, then the entire "town" wins. If the entire "town" was killed, then the extremist wins.

So, everybody knows that there are three sets of lyncher/jesters and 1 SK. Given this situation, everyone would by nature assert to being a doctor (admitting you're a jester or an SK would get you not killed/killed respectively, meaning you probably wouldn't win).

Now, from this people would be trying to find out who the SK is - pinning the blame on people, using scumtells (docs will act scummy too from trying to get a patient lynched). Assuming the game makes it to day 2, the game becomes you're run-of-the-mill "lynch the scum" game.

And preventing the tactic of all docs and patients claiming so that they can find the SK and all win - there's an easy solution: don't tell the patients who is trying to lynch them. That way, you can't prove you're a doctor by virtue of your lynchee verifying you.

P.S. And one question - would I want to have the SK kill 2 people per night (2 night game) to balance it out, or only 1 (3 night game)? This has to do with the statistically probabilities of the game and I'm not good with that.
<>---------------------------<>
......Come play CC Mafia,
.....where happiness lies
<>----------[Link]----------<>

REMEMBER NORSE // REMEMBER DANCING MUSTARD
Corporal F1fth

Postby Iliad on Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:50 am

interesting. Very interesting. Not sure about the kills
Private 1st Class Iliad

Postby spinwizard on Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:21 am

1 this should be sticked

2. the bad mod game could be mixed with a worst role ever game, (check it out on wilki) :)
Private 1st Class spinwizard

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Discussions