Conquer Club

Jailkeeper?

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Jailkeeper?

Postby Rodion on Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:02 pm

What's the power of a jailkeeper?

I heard it's a protective pro-town role, but I didn't find it in epic mafia wiki.
General Rodion

Re: Jailkeeper?

Postby strike wolf on Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:05 pm

Jail keeper or Jailer is a role that protects and role blocks whoever they target making them immune to night kills at the cost of their ability to perform night actions.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Rodion on Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:28 pm

General Rodion

Postby strike wolf on Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:33 pm

No that's different. The jailer protects you from kills and prevents you from performing your action that night. It does not matter if there was a lynch or not that day. Furthermore the target does not get to talk to the jailer in any game I have played previously.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby safariguy5 on Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:40 pm

I would use the mafiascum.net list. It has all the roles that most mods use on this site.

http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Jailkeeper

But yes, it's like a doctor, but it both protects and roleblocks the target instead of just protecting the target.
Captain safariguy5

Postby strike wolf on Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:42 pm

Thanks safari...I was looking for the right link

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Rodion on Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:44 pm

Mafiascum it is, then.

Thanks again!
General Rodion

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:58 pm

has any mod recently made up a new role that's not on the site list?
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV

My Smiley: ( :) ) --- it's got SHIELDS!

everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.
Sergeant shieldgenerator7

Postby strike wolf on Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:03 pm

Well fircoal likes to include his own roles (kicker, Doc with 40 phds) and there are a lot of variations of roles...I'd have to look up specific examples of roles though before I could give you a straight answer as to which roles.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:09 pm

I have invented roles for my upcoming Pokemon mafia. Check out Sully's NV series for some examples of exotic roles.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:17 pm

Rodion, if I remember rightly, I think Paranoid Doctor is the same as jailkeeper. That's on the mafiascum wiki.

-Tails
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby strike wolf on Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:23 pm

The same except the paranoid doctor doesn't know he blocks the person he protects.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:32 pm

I think the granny is way over rated. How does she keep people form killing her? It doesn't make sense.
Also, I always wanted to mod in a ghost pplayer, one that comes back after being night killed (but not after lynch). Any thoughts about how to balance a role like this?
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV

My Smiley: ( :) ) --- it's got SHIELDS!

everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.
Sergeant shieldgenerator7

Postby strike wolf on Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:40 pm

Well there are bulletproof roles and most of it has to do with what roles you put around it but you could also limit the role like in New Briarsburg I was an actor and I could fake my death the first time I was NKed and come back the next night but could only do so once or have them lose abilities when they do get targeted for night kill (see 00icon in the Matrix mafia. lost his ability to vote after being "lynched"). It also helps to know which roles can be game breaking in a mafia game especially depending on set up so often power roles are not bullet proof and the roles that are don't have any back up abilities or are only conditionally bulletproof.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby safariguy5 on Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:55 pm

Yeah, certain roles can work if they're one-shot bulletproof like in Post Apocalypse Mafia. Mafia roles that are bulletproof or unlynchable are seriously overpowered unless there are equally strong town roles.
Captain safariguy5

Postby Fircoal on Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:06 pm

safariguy5 wrote:Yeah, certain roles can work if they're one-shot bulletproof like in Post Apocalypse Mafia. Mafia roles that are bulletproof or unlynchable are seriously overpowered unless there are equally strong town roles.

Mafia PGO 8-)
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby strike wolf on Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:59 pm

Mafia pgo would be awesome :lol:

Cadet strike wolf

Return to Mafia Discussions