Conquer Club

Improvement tips for players. current player: strike wolf

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Improvement tips for players. current player: strike wolf

Postby strike wolf on Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:20 pm

This kind of came up in the Futurama thread and I didn't really want to hijack the entire thread discussing my strengths and weaknesses so I started up a thread. I'm leaving it open if anyone else wants honest feedback of how they could improve as a player.

Anyways you say that misunderstanding my cases can be 'deadly'...how so?
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Re: Improvement tips for players. current player: strike wol

Postby Commander9 on Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:42 pm

strike wolf wrote:This kind of came up in the Futurama thread and I didn't really want to hijack the entire thread discussing my strengths and weaknesses so I started up a thread. I'm leaving it open if anyone else wants honest feedback of how they could improve as a player.

Well, first of all, I'll take Nark's game as an example. Since I doubt it will be return, I will say that I was extremely misunderstood. I know that it's largely my fault, but the way you also pushed for my lynch (and slightly exaggerated, IMO) might turn out to be quite "deadly."

South Park could be another example, but you being a scum does somewhat explain that even thought my case wasn't there, you pushing for my lynch was not a bad move.

Overall, I do think you're a great player and I think some of our clashes might be due to our somewhat similar gaming styles as of recently (Both are extremely aggressive and active (at least when time is there)).
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby strike wolf on Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:45 pm

Commander9 wrote:
strike wolf wrote:This kind of came up in the Futurama thread and I didn't really want to hijack the entire thread discussing my strengths and weaknesses so I started up a thread. I'm leaving it open if anyone else wants honest feedback of how they could improve as a player.

Well, first of all, I'll take Nark's game as an example. Since I doubt it will be return, I will say that I was extremely misunderstood. I know that it's largely my fault, but the way you also pushed for my lynch (and slightly exaggerated, IMO) might turn out to be quite "deadly."

South Park could be another example, but you being a scum does somewhat explain that even thought my case wasn't there, you pushing for my lynch was not a bad move.

Overall, I do think you're a great player and I think some of our clashes might be due to our somewhat similar gaming styles as of recently (Both are extremely aggressive and active (at least when time is there)).

I wasn't pushing for your lynch in South Park. I was going by /'s suggestion that you two might be linked and avoiding that. I won't say anything about Golden Pantheon as it's still not over. Returning or not.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:19 pm

I won't comment at this time about Futurama as it is not over yet.

But overall strike, I think most of your cases are very good. Somehow, I don't see the "aggressive" part that Com9 is saying. Maybe it's because for the most part, you and tend to agree on a lot of things, game mechanics and balance being the main thing (Memebase).
Captain safariguy5

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:49 pm

a pretty good player overall. have been known to write long cases on players and constantly add feedback.
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV

My Smiley: ( :) ) --- it's got SHIELDS!

everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.
Sergeant shieldgenerator7

Return to Mafia Discussions