Conquer Club

Note Taking

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Note Taking

Postby MoB Deadly on Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:23 pm

So I have not taken any notes in any of my games as of yet. Now my game count has increased, I think like 5or6+, including 2 games of 25 players each. Those are the biggest games I have ever played and I am finding it amazingly difficult to keep track of everyone.

Anyone have any basic templates I could build off of? Obviously, the way you track scum should remain confidential to you only, but does anyone have a basic setup so I can get my feet on the ground? Or maybe an example notes of a game that is finished already?

Players normally use spreadsheets right?
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal MoB Deadly

Re: Note Taking

Postby Commander9 on Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:24 pm

MoB Deadly wrote:So I have not taken any notes in any of my games as of yet. Now my game count has increased, I think like 5or6+, including 2 games of 25 players each. Those are the biggest games I have ever played and I am finding it amazingly difficult to keep track of everyone.

Anyone have any basic templates I could build off of? Obviously, the way you track scum should remain confidential to you only, but does anyone have a basic setup so I can get my feet on the ground? Or maybe an example notes of a game that is finished already?

Players normally use spreadsheets right?

When I do use notes, I just normally use MS Excel, but there's really nothing fancy there: I just have player's name and my notes by him to note anything scummy or something well done, potential soft claims, blah blah. That template is really not difficult to do ;)
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby Mr. Squirrel on Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:26 am

I don't do it often, but I occasionally will for games I'm particularly invested in. Like edocsil said, just record anything odd they said or did. Record softclaims and who targeted whom. It sometimes helps.
pmchugh wrote:If I wasn't lazy, I would sig that :lol:
Lieutenant Mr. Squirrel

Postby BGtheBrain on Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:44 pm

Captain BGtheBrain

Return to Mafia Discussions