Conquer Club

++Player Numbers (7/10)++

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: ++Player Numbers (7/10)++

Postby safariguy5 on Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:47 pm

shieldgenerator7 wrote:
pmchugh wrote:Haha I say we should all do this. Not for any purpose other than to keep shield happy :)

thanks PMC, this cheered me up.

Honestly I don't want to force changes on anyone (especially because I have not the power to do so) but I do think some improvements could be made to make this site a better (and more fun) place to play. Honestly I can understand there'd be opposition to this idea but I think it has more to do with general resistance to change than anything else that has to do with this idea. And BTW guys, personal attacks don't constitute a good reason not to implement this idea (or something similar).

-SG7 ( :) )

I can think of several better ideas to make this site a better/more fun place to play. How about an automated PM service for roles? Customize the reply post button so you can't edit it in the Mafia forums? Have an official thread that keeps track of player win/loss statistics cross referenced with links to game threads?

Bottom line is this shield, this is a site for playing RISK. Not Mafia. There's mafiascum or epicmafia for that.
Captain safariguy5

Postby pmchugh on Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:15 pm

I was thinking about developing a mafia dedicated site. So that it could build in vote counts, give mods control over there game, automate role sending and night actions etc.

Epicmafia is the closest to that, but its chat based rather than forum based.

I'm probably too lazy to ever do this though.
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby nagerous on Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:33 pm

pmchugh wrote:I was thinking about developing a mafia dedicated site. So that it could build in vote counts, give mods control over there game, automate role sending and night actions etc.

We tried this with the esoog offsite forum for mafia games - it didn't work.
Captain nagerous

Postby pmchugh on Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:06 pm

nagerous wrote:
pmchugh wrote:I was thinking about developing a mafia dedicated site. So that it could build in vote counts, give mods control over there game, automate role sending and night actions etc.

We tried this with the esoog offsite forum for mafia games - it didn't work.

Can you go into more detail?
Major pmchugh

Postby chapcrap on Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:32 pm

safariguy5 wrote:Bottom line is this shield, this is a site for playing RISK. Not Mafia. There's mafiascum or epicmafia for that.

That doesn't mean that the icons can't be used.

They are easy to implement and can even be done by the game mods instead of the site mods. The permissions just have to be set that way by Andy. I would be in favor of using the icons to distinguish between games that are looking for signups (Image) and games that are already started (Image). The process may not be broke now, but that doesn't mean it can't be improved. Making the forum a little less confusing for interested noobs wouldn't hurt anything, IMO.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby safariguy5 on Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:36 pm

chapcrap wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:Bottom line is this shield, this is a site for playing RISK. Not Mafia. There's mafiascum or epicmafia for that.

That doesn't mean that the icons can't be used.

They are easy to implement and can even be done by the game mods instead of the site mods. The permissions just have to be set that way by Andy. I would be in favor of using the icons to distinguish between games that are looking for signups (Image) and games that are already started (Image). The process may not be broke now, but that doesn't mean it can't be improved. Making the forum a little less confusing for interested noobs wouldn't hurt anything, IMO.

If you want to use tags that's fine, but posting in every new sign-ups is neither productive nor necessarily appreciated (@shield). Especially if those mods had already commented on the idea in this thread.
Captain safariguy5

Postby chapcrap on Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:46 pm

Well, if someone who's a mod for this forum, wants to breach the subject with Andy, I'm pretty sure he can set up permissions for it rather quickly and then the game mods can use the tags themselves.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby pmchugh on Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:10 pm

The proper tags are actually not a bad idea.
Major pmchugh

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:10 am

Yeah, I agree. These tags look nice. Altho I wonder if we can just use the "NEW" tags, IDK, i wouldn't want an "OLD" hanging around on my on-going game. I guess it's up to the mod who started the thread? That would be cool.
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV

My Smiley: ( :) ) --- it's got SHIELDS!

everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.
Sergeant shieldgenerator7

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:35 pm

I would put a yellow tag on all my games. Yellow pops off the screen so people notice it more I think.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby chapcrap on Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:16 am

It doesn't really matter to me what tags were to be used, but I think that there should be a consensus and one way to do it.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:11 am

chapcrap wrote:It doesn't really matter to me what tags were to be used, but I think that there should be a consensus and one way to do it.

Eh, I'm more for it being optional. When the mafia forum was originally created, there was a good amount of discussion in the CC Mafioso Usergroup about what types of rules we wanted to have. We eventually went with rather minimal rules (complete 2 games before modding, 1 modded game at a time) and I rather like the freedom.
Captain safariguy5

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:59 am

safariguy5 wrote:
chapcrap wrote:It doesn't really matter to me what tags were to be used, but I think that there should be a consensus and one way to do it.

Eh, I'm more for it being optional. When the mafia forum was originally created, there was a good amount of discussion in the CC Mafioso Usergroup about what types of rules we wanted to have. We eventually went with rather minimal rules (complete 2 games before modding, 1 modded game at a time) and I rather like the freedom.

+1.
This enables mods to use have some fun. I will use yellow for games in signups because I think it will catch people's eye. Mods might put a red dot if there is a new scene, or a green dot if there is a vote count. Some might not want to use dots at all.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby edocsil on Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:52 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:

+1.
This enables mods to use have some fun. I will use yellow for games in signups because I think it will catch people's eye. Mods might put a red dot if there is a new scene, or a green dot if there is a vote count. Some might not want to use dots at all.

Can we say clusterfuck? There is no purpose to letting everyone spam whatever color they want all across the screen. If you have not the mental capacity to understand the titles as they are (And without tags!) you don't have the ability to play here. This a game of deductive logic and puzzle solving, *gasp* you might have to read a bit to fully understand everything that is going on.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby chapcrap on Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:02 am

I don't care what icons would be used by mods. There are 8 or 9 different icons that can be used.

What I'm saying is that if a mod uses an icon, it should mean the same thing in every game. Yellow should not have a different meaning for every mod. Otherwise,
edocsil wrote:Can we say clusterfuck?
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby dazza2008 on Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:36 am

edocsil wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:

+1.

Can we say clusterfuck? There is no purpose to letting everyone spam whatever color they want all across the screen. If you have not the mental capacity to understand the titles as they are (And without tags!) you don't have the ability to play here. This a game of deductive logic and puzzle solving, *gasp* you might have to read a bit to fully understand everything that is going on.

I agree most with this. I think if you can't work out which games are taking players then you will not be a good addition to any game. Its not hard really is it?
Corporal dazza2008

Postby chapcrap on Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:33 pm

It's not that hard, but that doesn't mean it couldn't be easier and more user friendly for new people coming to the forum.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Some7hingCLEVER on Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:50 pm

well people had made the point that newbies wont know what it means well wouldnt they get used to it and it be custom?
when i started ill be honest i looked at the name and i didnt know what the (17/20) meant i was confused but usually if someone joins this site someone lead them to it and should explain that so i think the tags are a fine idea.
Cadet Some7hingCLEVER

Previous

Return to Mafia Discussions