Conquer Club

Using items

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Using items

Postby dazza2008 on Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:53 am

I found this site. It shows the characters and what items they got. Not sure how some of the items could be used but some would fit easily to a role for a game.

Not sure how you would work allignments out either. Could be good though.

http://www.battleroyalefilm.net/movie/s ... index.html
Corporal dazza2008

Postby dazza2008 on Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:48 am

I think I have come up with something for a battle royale game. Does anyone mind if I use this theme for my next game? If it is cool could someone experienced look over my plan and see what they think?
Corporal dazza2008

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:45 am

dazza2008 wrote:I think I have come up with something for a battle royale game. Does anyone mind if I use this theme for my next game? If it is cool could someone experienced look over my plan and see what they think?

Sounds good, how are you handling the items?
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby dazza2008 on Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:10 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
dazza2008 wrote:I think I have come up with something for a battle royale game. Does anyone mind if I use this theme for my next game? If it is cool could someone experienced look over my plan and see what they think?

Thats some of what I want to discuss with whoever will help me. What I am thinking is everyone picks a bag at the start(posting in the forum, first come first served. They won't know what is in each). Then I am not 100% sure on how to go about the switching items. I was thinking maybe randomy 1 or 2 people are picked by random.org and if they can switch items with any player they choose.

Some items will have different uses depending who has it.
Corporal dazza2008

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:12 pm

that sounds interesting. Maybe one of the items will be a switch item role or something. Like you get a stone (poor example sorry) and using it you can switch two people's objects.

the random ly choosing who switches sounds like it might work too
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV

My Smiley: ( :) ) --- it's got SHIELDS!

everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.
Sergeant shieldgenerator7

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:21 pm

dazza2008 wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:

Thats some of what I want to discuss with whoever will help me. What I am thinking is everyone picks a bag at the start(posting in the forum, first come first served. They won't know what is in each). Then I am not 100% sure on how to go about the switching items. I was thinking maybe randomy 1 or 2 people are picked by random.org and if they can switch items with any player they choose.

Some items will have different uses depending who has it.

Well if nobody knows what's in the bags, you might as well randomly assign them.

As for item transfer during game, why not something like the Mystery Door Tournament? Every night players choose a region of the island to camp at and if they are in the same area there is a chance items will switch. That would have the option of including new roles like area watchers. There doesn't have to be a million areas, just like 2 or 3 (or the number of players divided by 2 if you want less item switching. There are some obvious glitches, but it would work similarly to randomly placing people together. However, the mafia are able to team up and co-ordinate, just as they would if this situation was actually occurring. Also, it makes a mason role much more powerful.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby dazza2008 on Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:25 pm

shieldgenerator7 wrote:that sounds interesting. Maybe one of the items will be a switch item role or something. Like you get a stone (poor example sorry) and using it you can switch two people's objects.

Yeah I'll think of something bud cheers.

I mainly wanted to check if it was ok to use this theme. I don't want to use it if someone else planned on it.

Fastposted.

Yeah I could do something like that. I wanted players to pick a bag as I think that is what happened in the movie. I can't remember if they did or randomly got 1.

I like the picking part to as they decide there own fate. I want it to be slightly different.

I will think about the switching ideas. Cheers Doom.
Corporal dazza2008

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:38 pm

Yeah I agree with DoomYoshi about picking items. Maybe have a mysterious label on each bag that might hint at what it might do or what it is (but doesn't give it away completely) so that players don't go blind into it. That'd be sweet!

And I wouldn't worry about others doing it, because I don't think anyone here is. Or at least no one said they would. Except for Nebechdzezzar. You might want to ask him. Hey! Maybe you two could co-mod this thing! :)
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV

My Smiley: ( :) ) --- it's got SHIELDS!

everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.
Sergeant shieldgenerator7

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:53 pm

dazza2008 wrote:
shieldgenerator7 wrote:that sounds interesting. Maybe one of the items will be a switch item role or something. Like you get a stone (poor example sorry) and using it you can switch two people's objects.

I mainly wanted to check if it was ok to use this theme. I don't want to use it if someone else planned on it.

Fastposted.

Yeah I could do something like that. I wanted players to pick a bag as I think that is what happened in the movie. I can't remember if they did or randomly got 1.

I like the picking part to as they decide there own fate. I want it to be slightly different.

I'd be willing to give you a hand with the game. Best not to get too specific in a discussions thread, we wouldn't want to give some players an unfair advantage with regards to the setup.

I'm also pretty familiar with the theme, so if you want to discuss that I'm down to do that as well.
Captain safariguy5

Postby dazza2008 on Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:55 pm

safariguy5 wrote:
dazza2008 wrote:

Fastposted.

I'd be willing to give you a hand with the game. Best not to get too specific in a discussions thread, we wouldn't want to give some players an unfair advantage with regards to the setup.

I'm also pretty familiar with the theme, so if you want to discuss that I'm down to do that as well.

Cheers mate. I'll send something soon. No rush as my current game is in sign-ups. I want to make sure Neb does not want the theme first.
Corporal dazza2008

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:14 pm

Dazza,

I don't mind if you run that game. I think my idea has some different twists and uses of items than what you are going to do.

However, could I be included on the setup and messages? I'd like to see how you actually run this game...take a look behind the scenes. I'd like to see a game from that side before I dip my toe into the modding pool. Hopefully, after seeing it, I will be able to make a stronger game.

If that's too much hassle, just say so...I understand.

Neb
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby safariguy5 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:16 am

Nebuchadnezer wrote:Dazza,

I don't mind if you run that game. I think my idea has some different twists and uses of items than what you are going to do.

However, could I be included on the setup and messages? I'd like to see how you actually run this game...take a look behind the scenes. I'd like to see a game from that side before I dip my toe into the modding pool. Hopefully, after seeing it, I will be able to make a stronger game.

Neb

I'm fine with adding Neb to the PM's to discuss game balance.
Captain safariguy5

Postby dazza2008 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:17 am

safariguy5 wrote:
Nebuchadnezer wrote:Dazza,

Neb

I'm fine with adding Neb to the PM's to discuss game balance.

Yup I will include Neb into the discussion. I will try to send something tonight. Depending how well behaved the kids are.
Corporal dazza2008

Postby dazza2008 on Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:12 pm

I think we have a setup pretty much sorted for a Battle Royale themed game. I think it will be a pretty good game. Cheers Safari and Neb for the help on ideas.

I'll get it set up once my current game finishes(if it ever starts).
Corporal dazza2008

Previous

Return to Mafia Discussions