Conquer Club

Longest Win Streak

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Longest Win Streak

Postby soundman on Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:03 am

Definition of a win: You survive to endgame and your faction won. If your faction won but you died at anytime during the game then it is NOT a win.

I've been keeping a list of all the games I've played and have been on a winning streak. So I started wondering who has the longest winning streak. I'm currently at four wins in a row: Golden Pantheon, General's Pro, Dazza's First, Hectic Eclectic. Two mafia and two townie wins. :)
Lieutenant soundman

Re: Longest Win Streak

Postby pmchugh on Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:05 am

soundman wrote:Definition of a win: You survive to endgame and your faction won. If your faction won but you died at anytime during the game then it is NOT a win.

I've been keeping a list of all the games I've played and have been on a winning streak. So I started wondering who has the longest winning streak. I'm currently at four wins in a row: Golden Pantheon, General's Pro, Dazza's First, Hectic Eclectic. Two mafia and two townie wins. :)

Why do you need to survive to endgame for it to count as a win? This is more "Longest Endgame Win Streak"
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby pancakemix on Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:09 am

Yeah, endgame is rarely requisite for a standard Town/Mafia WC.

Still, your streak is impressive.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:48 am

Staying Alive shouldn't count.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby strike wolf on Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:31 pm

soundman wrote:Definition of a win: You survive to endgame and your faction won. If your faction won but you died at anytime during the game then it is NOT a win.

Staying alive shouldn't matter especially as there are a good number of roles where taking a bullet for town means you played your role well.

Longest win streak: 4. New Briarsburg, x-men, platoon, dead Space. Town town, town survivor, cult.

Id have to confirm but I think I'm currently on a 3 game win streak with an Sk win mixed in.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby safariguy5 on Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:52 pm

Are we measuring by date the game started or when it finished? Because I don't know when a lot of my games finished.

By time game started (or around that time)

Win Streak: 4 (I Can't believe it's Not a RT Mafia, Loser Mafia, Buffy Mafia, Rolegift Mafia).
Captain safariguy5

Postby soundman on Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:02 am

@Saf, I was counting by when it ended.

@You others, I know there are roles where dying means you helped town win. But for this I find it easier to count the way I've laid out. If you want you can start a thread with your own definition of a win. ;) Personally I feel that if I die in a game (especially in the beginning) then it doesn't count as a "win". Because I wasn't able to contribute for most of the game, I feel like I didn't help my faction win. I still count those as "semi-wins" though. :)
Lieutenant soundman

Postby Rodion on Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:16 am

soundman wrote:@Saf, I was counting by when it ended.

@You others, I know there are roles where dying means you helped town win. But for this I find it easier to count the way I've laid out. If you want you can start a thread with your own definition of a win. ;) Personally I feel that if I die in a game (especially in the beginning) then it doesn't count as a "win". Because I wasn't able to contribute for most of the game, I feel like I didn't help my faction win. I still count those as "semi-wins" though. :)

I don't like that distinction as it could incentivate intentional selfish/poor play. Think of a cop stockpiling guilty results without claiming because he knows the doctor is dead and he will not have anyone to protect him when it's night.

I know it's a ridiculous example, but we risk introducing some sort of shenanigans in our games if there is a distinction between "wins" and "semi-wins", for intance.

Back to the OP, I don't think I remember winning a game without dying other than as an arsonist in Soundman's first mafia, so that would give me a highest winning streak of 1 game. ;)
General Rodion

Postby soundman on Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:46 am

Rodion wrote:
soundman wrote:@Saf, I was counting by when it ended.

I don't like that distinction as it could incentivate intentional selfish/poor play. Think of a cop stockpiling guilty results without claiming because he knows the doctor is dead and he will not have anyone to protect him when it's night.

I know it's a ridiculous example, but we risk introducing some sort of shenanigans in our games if there is a distinction between "wins" and "semi-wins", for instance.

Back to the OP, I don't think I remember winning a game without dying other than as an arsonist in Soundman's first mafia, so that would give me a highest winning streak of 1 game. ;)

You are right it could. Personally I would never play like that, it's just not fun. I'm a team player at heart and would rather die to help my faction win (or the chance to win) than to horde guilty results, etc. just so I could count it as a "win". Frankly as long as the game is good I have just as much fun when my faction loses as when we win. :)

I just posted this because I was interested in how many people have had these kinds of wins in a row since my last four have been like this. Not to say that this is the only kind of win that counts.
Lieutenant soundman

Postby pmchugh on Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:49 pm

soundman wrote:@You others, I know there are roles where dying means you helped town win. But for this I find it easier to count the way I've laid out. If you want you can start a thread with your own definition of a win. ;) Personally I feel that if I die in a game (especially in the beginning) then it doesn't count as a "win". Because I wasn't able to contribute for most of the game, I feel like I didn't help my faction win. I still count those as "semi-wins" though. :)

I dislike your definition mainly cause peeps like to kill me :cry:
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby dazza2008 on Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:08 pm

pmchugh wrote:
soundman wrote:@You others, I know there are roles where dying means you helped town win. But for this I find it easier to count the way I've laid out. If you want you can start a thread with your own definition of a win. ;) Personally I feel that if I die in a game (especially in the beginning) then it doesn't count as a "win". Because I wasn't able to contribute for most of the game, I feel like I didn't help my faction win. I still count those as "semi-wins" though. :)

I dislike your definition mainly cause peeps like to kill me :cry:

I'd like to kill you. I will find your address soon.
Corporal dazza2008

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:22 pm

whats a win? :lol:
highscore
Major crazymilkshake5

Postby dazza2008 on Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:44 am

I think I won in my last 3 but I think I got killed in one of them. Not sure though and can't be arsed to check :)
Corporal dazza2008

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:03 pm

I get killed all the time. If I'm not lynched D1, it's night killing time. No, jk. There's always more experienced players who get the NK :lol:

@Rodion, PMC: You two are so experienced that Mafia just can't afford to have you lying around until endgame. You're too valuable to town :)

IDK my win streak. I only remember 2 wins (my first RT, Quickie Mafia) and I'm sure they weren't back to back

-SG7 ( :) )
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV

My Smiley: ( :) ) --- it's got SHIELDS!

everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.
Sergeant shieldgenerator7

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:27 pm

RTs don't count for the record books, shield.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:30 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:RTs don't count for the record books, shield.

Yeah but I still remember my first one 8-)
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV

everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.

Postby Rodion on Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:46 pm

soundman wrote:I'm currently at four wins in a row: Golden Pantheon, General's Pro, Dazza's First, Hectic Eclectic. Two mafia and two townie wins. :)

5 now with Power Role Draft Mafia? Try to build it as big as you can before Two Sides A ends (since you died there, that will break your streak as per your rules).
General Rodion

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:22 pm

Rodion wrote:
soundman wrote:I'm currently at four wins in a row: Golden Pantheon, General's Pro, Dazza's First, Hectic Eclectic. Two mafia and two townie wins. :)

5 now with Power Role Draft Mafia? Try to build it as big as you can before Two Sides A ends (since you died there, that will break your streak as per your rules).

Quick Rodion! Startup a new power role with 7 players so soundman can win again!

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:40 pm

shieldgenerator7 wrote:
Rodion wrote:

Quick Rodion! Startup a new power role with 7 players so soundman can win again!

We would all just speedlynch him day 1 though.
Major DoomYoshi

Postby Rodion on Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:54 pm

Soundman, jester, has been lynched!
General Rodion

Postby Rodion on Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:54 pm

Rodion wrote:Soundman, jester, has been lynched!

Wait, it's still a death...
General Rodion

Postby soundman on Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:30 am

:lol: You guys are too funny.
Lieutenant soundman

Return to Mafia Discussions