Conquer Club

CC Mafia

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

CC Mafia

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:58 pm

Just a thought and looking for feed back. It seems I play more Mafia then cc games as I've kind of gotten burn out from CC games.
I really like the mafia community here and believe it has created nice little niche here at CC. How do you guys think this mafia community compares to others?

Besides Mafiascum.net anyone know of any other communities with a fun atmosphere? I have my fill of mafia here but I'm curious how game play and organization differ from other sites.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Re: CC Mafia

Postby pmchugh on Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:35 pm

I've played on epicmafia and mafiascum. Epic mafia (chat based) is mostly full of teens and coming from a more methodical game it is really frustrating playing it. I don't like the community much there.

Mafiascum I haven't played as much on, but from what I can tell it looks to have a reasonably good community vibe. One thing I find strange when moving community is that you are instantly labelled a noob and they have different "tells" and the like, so there is an adjustment involved. I never realised how much of a role reputation plays in who gets lynched until I started playing else where.
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby Fircoal on Sun May 06, 2012 1:10 am

Iron Butterfly wrote:Mafiascum.net. fun atmosphere.

Lolwut?

pmchugh wrote:I've played on epicmafia and mafiascum. Epic mafia (chat based) is mostly full of teens and coming from a more methodical game it is really frustrating playing it. I don't like the community much there.

Mafiascum I haven't played as much on, but from what I can tell it looks to have a reasonably good community vibe. One thing I find strange when moving community is that you are instantly labelled a noob and they have different "tells" and the like, so there is an adjustment involved. I never realised how much of a role reputation plays in who gets lynched until I started playing else where.

I've played on both as well, and imo epicmafia tends to be too random and unfocused as well as very short. It's like our rts but with a bit better play. (Cause really our rts seem to be half based on the mod trying to be as big of a dick as possible (or maybe I'm just thinking about my own games. :P )). Mafiascum on the other hand tends to be too serious and LONG. If you like games that take a year, you'll find your place there. Tbh from my experience the community there really isn't that fun.

And other boards with a mafia section but primary other purpose, tend to be very random with very little logic.

So in closing I say this is the best place to play here. If you want more browse those sites as they can be alright and fun, but it all depends on where on the serious to silleh latter you fall on.
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby thechuck51 on Fri May 11, 2012 8:18 pm

Fircoal wrote:[ Mafiascum on the other hand tends to be too serious and LONG. If you like games that take a year, you'll find your place there. Tbh from my experience the community there really isn't that fun.

Agreed.

I am playing in a "newbie" game over there and everybody is an expert. i've been called a noob, newbtown, obvnewbscum by people with 2 games of experience. It really hasn't been much fun. I'm tempted to just get myself lynched and move on.
Sergeant 1st Class thechuck51

Postby vodean on Sat May 12, 2012 2:18 am

i got all excited... i thought this was an idea for a CC themed mafia... with mods vs citizens and trolls.
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Sat May 12, 2012 5:13 pm

vodean wrote:i got all excited... i thought this was an idea for a CC themed mafia... with mods vs citizens and trolls.

thatwould be a funny game to play :lol:
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV

My Smiley: ( :) ) --- it's got SHIELDS!

everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.
Sergeant shieldgenerator7

Return to Mafia Discussions