Conquer Club

Shakespeare Mafia

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Which play would you rather see made into a Mafia Game?

Hamlet
30%
Much Ado About Nothing
No votes
Julius Caesar
30%
Romeo and Juliet
No votes
Macbeth
40%

Total votes : 10

Shakespeare Mafia

Postby jak111 on Wed May 02, 2012 5:16 pm

Alright, I'm in sign ups for my Halo mafia at the moment, but I'm not kidding, I'm reserving my next mafia to be a Shakespeare mafia :P Thoughts?

A mix of different plays that I know of, he has more but I'd rather do a play I know about.
Last edited by jak111 on Wed May 02, 2012 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Re: Shakespeare Mafia

Postby pancakemix on Wed May 02, 2012 5:34 pm

Well, Romeo and Juliet's been done like three times (if you count the West Side Story one).

Hamlet seems most interesting from that list. Have you considered Macbeth?
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby jak111 on Wed May 02, 2012 5:37 pm

pancakemix wrote:Well, Romeo and Juliet's been done like three times (if you count the West Side Story one).

I've heard of Macbeth, but I'd need a co-mod for that one because I don't have much experience with the story its self. The ones on the list are ones I know that aren't tooo bad. (Plus have enough characters for Mafia). Macbeth however, like I said, I do not know enough about it to get it right.
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby pancakemix on Wed May 02, 2012 6:01 pm

jak111 wrote:
pancakemix wrote:Well, Romeo and Juliet's been done like three times (if you count the West Side Story one).

I've heard of Macbeth, but I'd need a co-mod for that one because I don't have much experience with the story its self. The ones on the list are ones I know that aren't tooo bad. (Plus have enough characters for Mafia). Macbeth however, like I said, I do not know enough about it to get it right.

It's a good read. Definitely worth it in its own right.

As a mafia game, I think it would make a good small game. If you go that direction, I'd be willing to co-mod.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

Postby safariguy5 on Wed May 02, 2012 6:03 pm

I picked Julius Caesar because that's the one I'm most familiar with. The only plays I've read are Romeo and Juliet and Merchant of Venice.
Captain safariguy5

Postby jak111 on Wed May 02, 2012 6:31 pm

pancakemix wrote:
jak111 wrote:

It's a good read. Definitely worth it in its own right.

As a mafia game, I think it would make a good small game. If you go that direction, I'd be willing to co-mod.

Well I'll add it to the list, if it wins I'll ask you to co-mod and I'll do some research on it.
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby jak111 on Wed May 02, 2012 6:33 pm

safariguy5 wrote:I picked Julius Caesar because that's the one I'm most familiar with. The only plays I've read are Romeo and Juliet and Merchant of Venice.

Sorry Saf. You'll have to revote v.v adding Macbeth took away your vote.
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Wed May 02, 2012 7:49 pm

Macbeth is great, probably my favorite. A Midsummer Night's Dream could have good characters, what with Oberon the king of fairies, and Puck, the troublemaker.

-Tails
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby everywhere116 on Wed May 02, 2012 8:45 pm

Have you considered doing a mix of the plays, a la Hectic Eclectic?
"Disease, suffering, hardship...that is what war is all about."-Captain Kirk, from "A Taste of Armageddon"
Corporal everywhere116

Postby jak111 on Wed May 02, 2012 9:20 pm

everywhere116 wrote:Have you considered doing a mix of the plays, a la Hectic Eclectic?

Hmm, it may be a conclusion, but for now I'd just like to see what people think ^^ A mix sounds viable if we don't have just a CLEAR winner (by a long run).
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby pancakemix on Wed May 02, 2012 10:06 pm

everywhere116 wrote:Have you considered doing a mix of the plays, a la Hectic Eclectic?

I'd say something along these lines would probably be a more interesting game.
Epic Win

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Wed May 02, 2012 10:39 pm

IDK, have read various parts of Romeo and Juliet but like someone else said it's already been done (not that it can't be done again), I have read MacBeth and Hamlet in high school and personally I liked Hamlet better (thus my vote's on Hamlet).

-SG7 ( :) )
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV

My Smiley: ( :) ) --- it's got SHIELDS!

everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.
Sergeant shieldgenerator7

Postby safariguy5 on Thu May 03, 2012 1:12 am

pancakemix wrote:

I'd say something along these lines would probably be a more interesting game.

Definitely agree. Would definitely give more leeway for fakeclaiming. Interesting mix of tragedies and comedies. I'd love to see how you work in historical plays like Henry IV or Richard II.
Captain safariguy5

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Thu May 03, 2012 5:41 am

shieldgenerator7 wrote:IDK, have read various parts of Romeo and Juliet but like someone else said it's already been done (not that it can't be done again), I have read MacBeth and Hamlet in high school and personally I liked Hamlet better (thus my vote's on Hamlet).

-SG7 ( :) )

pfft what a load of nonsense.

Hamlet: Guy waffles a bunch, unable to gather the gusto to kill his uncle who killed his father without complaining for an inordinately long time. Even admires Fortinbras for his determination to avenge his father, but takes forever to do it himself.

Macbeth: Guy is told by witches he'll be king, commits regicide to do so, is overcome with paranoia and guilt, becomes tyrannical king, going crazy and killing left and right to keep the throne.

Macbeth totally wins.

-Tails
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby Some7hingCLEVER on Thu May 03, 2012 8:15 am

im gonna have to say Ceasar i read it and it has plenty of characters and flavour for a mafia game its perfect.
Cadet Some7hingCLEVER

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Thu May 03, 2012 10:25 am

He he yeah tails I totally see your point. Just out of the two of them I liked Hamlet better
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV

My Smiley: ( :) ) --- it's got SHIELDS!

everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.
Sergeant shieldgenerator7

Postby nagerous on Thu May 03, 2012 4:46 pm

Macbeth!

Or a mass game with lots of Shakespeare characters from various plays would be cool.
Captain nagerous

Postby Rodion on Thu May 03, 2012 4:58 pm

Needs Iago from Othello.
General Rodion

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun May 13, 2012 5:06 pm

Was thinking of doing a mish-mash with an interesting faction: the fairies from Midsummer Night's Dream. There are 4 who don't know who each other are. The King and Queen are lovers, but not masons. Puck creates pairs of lovers. Peasebottom targets a player every night and undoes the lovering. The fairies all win if the amount of lovers is greater than the amount of non-lovers. The abilities pass on to oberon and titania if puck or peasebottom die.

I will probably never actually use this as I have realized big games are too hard to run (for me). So feel free to steal it or vary it any way you like for Shakespeare mafia, or some other mafia.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby jak111 on Tue May 15, 2012 9:06 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Was thinking of doing a mish-mash with an interesting faction: the fairies from Midsummer Night's Dream. There are 4 who don't know who each other are. The King and Queen are lovers, but not masons. Puck creates pairs of lovers. Peasebottom targets a player every night and undoes the lovering. The fairies all win if the amount of lovers is greater than the amount of non-lovers. The abilities pass on to oberon and titania if puck or peasebottom die.

I will probably never actually use this as I have realized big games are too hard to run (for me). So feel free to steal it or vary it any way you like for Shakespeare mafia, or some other mafia.

Well, if you want to co-mod it. Right now this idea is going through the thought machine. I have a basic layout for it, but roles and characters are still in the brain storm stage. But this is sad when I'm bored waiting for my first mafia to fill that I've already started an idea for my second.
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed May 16, 2012 10:31 am

jak111 wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:Was thinking of doing a mish-mash with an interesting faction: the fairies from Midsummer Night's Dream. There are 4 who don't know who each other are. The King and Queen are lovers, but not masons. Puck creates pairs of lovers. Peasebottom targets a player every night and undoes the lovering. The fairies all win if the amount of lovers is greater than the amount of non-lovers. The abilities pass on to oberon and titania if puck or peasebottom die.

Well, if you want to co-mod it. Right now this idea is going through the thought machine. I have a basic layout for it, but roles and characters are still in the brain storm stage. But this is sad when I'm bored waiting for my first mafia to fill that I've already started an idea for my second.

I usually have ten ideas at once developing.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby jak111 on Wed May 16, 2012 5:41 pm

Meh, I have other ideas.. they're just not all focused on this ;p
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Return to Mafia Discussions