Conquer Club

Mafia Question: fake-claiming

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby nagerous on Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:42 pm

Puff claimed the roman doctor in the game where the romans were the enemies
Captain nagerous

Postby dustn64 on Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:44 pm

nagerous wrote:Puff claimed the roman doctor in the game where the romans were the enemies
I know, was he looking to get lynched?
Sergeant 1st Class dustn64

Postby nagerous on Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:44 pm

no he made mistake
Captain nagerous

Postby kwanton on Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:49 pm

dustn64 wrote:
kwanton wrote:
Fircoal wrote:
nagerous wrote:Bomb, beloved princess, jester are all awful lynch -1 claims (especially jester) purely because no-one will technically believe you unless you have a name claim to go with it :P

Fine I'll just tell everyone since they brought the bomb up. If there is no cop left, in a big game claim bomb. ;) Especially if not at lynch -1 because a lot of people would be too scared to hammer you. ;)

And bomb still could work at -1 but not as well. Jester is an awful claim. :lol: IF anyone believed that I would hunt them down in their house and kill them. :lol:

Yep. I realized bomb was a good claim after mandy did it too. There's still one that no one has mentioned that I like. Not so much a scare tactic, but it'll work well in certain situations :D 8)
Roman Doctor?

Nope. and I'm not familiar with Roman Doctor :oops:
Click the Esoog!
Cook kwanton

Postby Koesen on Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:49 pm

Personally, I like to claim Make Up Artist or Explorer. :)

More seriously, if you're town, usually it's best to just say what you are. There are exceptions, but there is always the possibility that somebody else can prove you lied, which will get you killed no matter what you are.

If you're scum, it depends. In Nagerous' Mario game, I was a mafia watcher. When forced to claim, I just said I was a town watcher and truthfully listed all of my night actions. That way, trackers and roleblockers and so on, had no way of proving me wrong.

In other games, I just made up something outrageous that I was sure would never be counterclaimed (another risk of lying). Consider the personality of your mod. Is he likely to come up with something nobody has used before, or is he the kind that sticks to the traditional set ups?

So, in summary, either stay as close to the truth as possible, so that certain parts of your story will stand up to verification, or leave truth in the dust and go wild :)

Nothing is more entertaining than to talk your way out of a bandwagon with an absurd roleclaim.
Sergeant Koesen

Previous

Return to Mafia Discussions