Conquer Club

Mafia Question: fake-claiming

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Mafia Question: fake-claiming

Postby riggable on Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:55 pm

If, in a game of mafia which i'm about to get lynched on for people being suspicious of me being mafia (which I am), they ask me to claim or die, What are the benefits of claiming town? WOuld it help to claim simple townie or claim some other town job? Obviously claiming Mafia is a mistake :roll: but if the mob is yelling at me to claim, what is the best solution in this situation?

and, promptness in answering is key, as I have about 1 day before I think i should respond. Thanks
Sergeant riggable

Postby misterman10 on Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:56 pm

don't you think the people in your game will see this?
Pleasant Chaps still suck cock.

Yakuza power.
Major misterman10

Postby riggable on Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:00 am

different site.
Sergeant riggable

Postby Fircoal on Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:01 am

I can't tell you the ultimate awesome claim, because then everyone else would know it.
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby riggable on Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:04 am

Obviously, I'm more asking what the best route in this situation is. I haven't played that many games so I am unsure as to what the repurcussions of claiming a simple townie would be. other roles that might be claimed that would be helpful/lifesaving could be _____________.

please fill in the blank?
Sergeant riggable

Postby Fircoal on Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:05 am

as I said, I don't want to tell everyone, if you want to know pm me. ;)
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby Minister Masket on Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:56 am

Claiming cop sometimes works. If you want, you could tell the town that you investigated your scum buddy and found mafia, and it will be true!
Victrix Fortuna Sapientia

Private Minister Masket

Postby kwanton on Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:03 am

There are a few fake claims that are good. Townie is a good choice, but it might not work if people are really going after you since it's a pretty simple claim. There are a couple of power roles that are excellent claims in certain situations. but like fircoal said I'm not gonna reveal my secrets here :wink:
Click the Esoog!
Cook kwanton

Postby dustn64 on Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:05 am

It depends on what your mafia role is. I'm sure that if you are a mafia cop, then claim cop. (also I have only been mafia once so don't fully trust me)
Sergeant 1st Class dustn64

Postby mandalorian2298 on Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:37 am

Personaly, my favorite fake claim is PGO. They might still lynch you, but that should realy scare them. :twisted:
Mishuk gotal'u meshuroke, pako kyore.

Talapus wrote:I'm far more pissed that mandy and his thought process were right from the get go....damn you mandy.
Lieutenant mandalorian2298

Postby The1exile on Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:41 am

mandalorian2298 wrote:Personaly, my favorite fake claim is PGO. They might still lynch you, but that should realy scare them. :twisted:

you want bomb, not PGO.
Lieutenant The1exile

Postby mandalorian2298 on Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:41 am

The1exile wrote:
mandalorian2298 wrote:Personaly, my favorite fake claim is PGO. They might still lynch you, but that should realy scare them. :twisted:

you want bomb, not PGO.

So there is a difference. PGO doesn't kill the hammer man, right?
Mishuk gotal'u meshuroke, pako kyore.

Talapus wrote:I'm far more pissed that mandy and his thought process were right from the get go....damn you mandy.
Lieutenant mandalorian2298

Postby Iliad on Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:42 am

mandalorian2298 wrote:
The1exile wrote:

you want bomb, not PGO.

So there is a difference. PGO doesn't kill the hammer man, right?

PGO kills a person who targets them
Private 1st Class Iliad

Postby ga7 on Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:43 am

It's still beyond me that you got away with claiming bomb once or twice :lol:
On topic, it also depends of the game/player... My last claim was commuter while being godfather, because I should have been NKed since long :mrgreen: What day it is in your game, did anyone claim already, do you have a particular mafia role?
Lieutenant ga7

Postby nagerous on Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:47 am

Bomb, beloved princess, jester are all awful lynch -1 claims (especially jester) purely because no-one will technically believe you unless you have a name claim to go with it :P
Captain nagerous

Postby nagerous on Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:48 am

actually I suppose because people are clowns they might believe that kinda roleclaim :lol:
Captain nagerous

Postby Fircoal on Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:48 am

nagerous wrote:Bomb, beloved princess, jester are all awful lynch -1 claims (especially jester) purely because no-one will technically believe you unless you have a name claim to go with it :P

Fine I'll just tell everyone since they brought the bomb up. If there is no cop left, in a big game claim bomb. ;) Especially if not at lynch -1 because a lot of people would be too scared to hammer you. ;)

And bomb still could work at -1 but not as well. Jester is an awful claim. :lol: IF anyone believed that I would hunt them down in their house and kill them. :lol:
Captain Fircoal

Postby Fircoal on Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:49 am

ga7 wrote:

On topic, it also depends of the game/player... My last claim was commuter while being godfather, because I should have been NKed since long :mrgreen: What day it is in your game, did anyone claim already, do you have a particular mafia role?

It isn't to me, once he claimed bomb in one game I knew it was a good scum claim. Guess what he wasn't lynched. No one wanted to take the risk. ;) It happens, and it works. :wink:
Captain Fircoal

Postby Fircoal on Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:51 am

ga7 wrote:

PGO could of also worked in that situation. ;) Except if it was one of my games. ;)
Captain Fircoal

Postby ga7 on Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:05 am

Fircoal wrote:
ga7 wrote:

It isn't to me, once he claimed bomb in one game I knew it was a good scum claim. Guess what he wasn't lynched. No one wanted to take the risk. ;) It happens, and it works. :wink:

Well it depends of the circumstances I guess. But I remember Mandy doing it in LSU's Cat mafia where he was scummy all game, I'd totally hammer in cases like this :lol:
Lieutenant ga7

Postby Fircoal on Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:11 am

ga7 wrote:
Fircoal wrote:
ga7 wrote:

Well it depends of the circumstances I guess. But I remember Mandy doing it in LSU's Cat mafia where he was scummy all game, I'd totally hammer in cases like this :lol:

exactly, if a townie, finds a bomb really scummy, of course they would hammer, because they think he's mafia. ;) Also if there a cop it just hurts you the next day. ;)
Captain Fircoal

Postby kalishnikov on Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:01 pm

I don' think there is one 'universal' good fake claim, it depends on the people in the game, how many still alive and what your read is on them. I think it's easiest to pull off the fake claim with the townie equivalent of your presumably scum role.

Or you can claim bomb and try the fear tactic, but every time I see someone claim bomb I automatically think they're scum (mandalorian's fault).
Sergeant 1st Class kalishnikov

Postby got tonkaed on Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:08 pm

i have never run into this issue, because i am always town, and whenever i claim, its my actual role, and therefore i dont get lynched because i am a townie.

therefore i have little to nothing to add....

i often claim pro town hero as a matter of course.
Cadet got tonkaed

Postby kwanton on Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:11 pm

Fircoal wrote:
nagerous wrote:Bomb, beloved princess, jester are all awful lynch -1 claims (especially jester) purely because no-one will technically believe you unless you have a name claim to go with it :P

Fine I'll just tell everyone since they brought the bomb up. If there is no cop left, in a big game claim bomb. ;) Especially if not at lynch -1 because a lot of people would be too scared to hammer you. ;)

And bomb still could work at -1 but not as well. Jester is an awful claim. :lol: IF anyone believed that I would hunt them down in their house and kill them. :lol:

Yep. I realized bomb was a good claim after mandy did it too. There's still one that no one has mentioned that I like. Not so much a scare tactic, but it'll work well in certain situations :D 8)
Click the Esoog!
Cook kwanton

Postby dustn64 on Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:35 pm

kwanton wrote:
Fircoal wrote:

Yep. I realized bomb was a good claim after mandy did it too. There's still one that no one has mentioned that I like. Not so much a scare tactic, but it'll work well in certain situations :D 8)
Roman Doctor?
Sergeant 1st Class dustn64

Next

Return to Mafia Discussions