Conquer Club

Cap on Mafia Games

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Cap on Mafia Games

Postby Anarkistsdream on Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:48 pm

We need to immediately place a cap on the concurrent number of mafia games going on.

Once the Mafia Mod clan is accepted and we can begin working on stuff, I plan on implementing what can be considered "Official Mafia" games and "Unofficial Mafia" games.

If you run an "Unofficial" one, not only will you not have as many players sign up, but you will piss me off.

This many fucking games at one time is freaking ridiculous, and it is really starting to piss nme off. I have posted three times more than anybody else lately, trying to keep the games that I am in alive.

Good players are burning out and good mods are wasting their great ideas with a bunch of shitty players.

This has got to stop.

For anyone who disagrees with me, kiss my ass. For everyone who DOES agree with me, thank you for having some bloody common sense.

Several people lately have mentioned thoughts on the quality of the games and how the games feel 'different' lately.

While gaining new players is EXACTLY what we want, what we do NOT want is those of you that have played in two games trying to host one yourself.

This is causing too much hassle and people are 'forgetting' games they are in, or just getting bored having to read through twenty pages of posts per day when they are in 5 games at once.
virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby diddle on Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:50 pm

Fantastic ideas, as always :D

btw, where is this mods clan, i know i'm not good enough to be in it, i'd just like to see it
Cadet diddle

Postby firth4eva on Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:53 pm

About time this was made. I posted mine in that top thread and i thought i was in a queue. Then we get lots of noobs starting them willy nilly.
Captain firth4eva

Postby ga7 on Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:55 pm

Couldn't agree more. There is a need for a real queue.
Lieutenant ga7

Postby wicked on Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:56 pm

While I applaud the idea of increasing the quality of the games and players, there is no monopoly on the mafia games in this forum or control over who starts them. There are no "official" and "unofficial" mafia games here on CC, anyone and everyone is welcome to start one. As it's always been, the better mods will get the better players and newbie players will have to work their way up, but starting a clan doesn't give anyone control over this forum or the mafia games in it.
Major wicked

Postby muy_thaiguy on Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:56 pm

Sounds fine to me.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby spinwizard on Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:57 pm

OK, we had this discussion before i left and we decided that we dont want to turn into mafascum, I even had some rules somewhere, gimme a sec... :)
Private 1st Class spinwizard

Postby GreecePwns on Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:59 pm

How about making a usergroup for only accepting experienced mafia players? That should keep the quality of those games pretty high.
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
Corporal GreecePwns

Re: Cap on Mafia Games

Postby spinwizard on Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:59 pm

Anarkistsdream wrote:We need to immediately place a cap on the concurrent number of mafia games going on.

Once the Mafia Mod clan is accepted and we can begin working on stuff, I plan on implementing what can be considered "Official Mafia" games and "Unofficial Mafia" games.

If you run an "Unofficial" one, not only will you not have as many players sign up, but you will piss me off.

This many fucking games at one time is freaking ridiculous, and it is really starting to piss nme off. I have posted three times more than anybody else lately, trying to keep the games that I am in alive.

Good players are burning out and good mods are wasting their great ideas with a bunch of shitty players.

This has got to stop.

For anyone who disagrees with me, kiss my ass. For everyone who DOES agree with me, thank you for having some bloody common sense.

Several people lately have mentioned thoughts on the quality of the games and how the games feel 'different' lately.

While gaining new players is EXACTLY what we want, what we do NOT want is those of you that have played in two games trying to host one yourself.

This is causing too much hassle and people are 'forgetting' games they are in, or just getting bored having to read through twenty pages of posts per day when they are in 5 games at once.

:oops:

And i want to see the ZOO game!

Postby ga7 on Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:59 pm

But even if the control concerns only those who want to be part of this, it would already be better. Of course there's no need to "prevent" any noob to host a game. But even amongst experienced players/mods/games, the overload exists right now.
Lieutenant ga7

Postby spinwizard on Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:59 pm

GreecePwns wrote:How about making a usergroup for only accepting experienced mafia players? That should keep the quality of those games pretty high.

too elitest

Postby unriggable on Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:00 pm

Yeah a mods clan...I'm unsure if it'll work.
Cook unriggable

Re: Cap on Mafia Games

Postby unriggable on Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:01 pm

Anarkistsdream wrote:While gaining new players is EXACTLY what we want, what we do NOT want is those of you that have played in two games trying to host one yourself.

NES Conquerer...
Cook unriggable

Postby Anarkistsdream on Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:01 pm

wicked wrote:While I applaud the idea of increasing the quality of the games and players, there is no monopoly on the mafia games in this forum or control over who starts them. There are no "official" and "unofficial" mafia games here on CC, anyone and everyone is welcome to start one. As it's always been, the better mods will get the better players and newbie players will have to work their way up, but starting a clan doesn't give anyone control over this forum or the mafia games in it.

Actually control has nothign to do with it, Wicked... I at no point said it was impossible... I said that, not only will you get shitty players, you'll piss the good players off.

I have complete liberty to say that, so you may be one of those people who kisses my ass.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby Anarkistsdream on Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:02 pm

spinwizard wrote:
GreecePwns wrote:How about making a usergroup for only accepting experienced mafia players? That should keep the quality of those games pretty high.

too elitest

Agreed... Definately sends the wrong message... Like I said above, we WANT new players.. But everyone who has played two games should NOT be running games.

And when people say "In" on those games, it puts a burden on everyone else.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby diddle on Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:02 pm

ga7 wrote:But even if the control concerns only those who want to be part of this, it would already be better. Of course there's no need to "prevent" any noob to host a game. But even amongst experienced players/mods/games, the overload exists right now.

yes, but then at least noobs would be playing games with noobs, and experienced players would be playing with other experienced players
Cadet diddle

Postby bryguy on Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:03 pm

no, cause then ppl who are new to mafia games (me) would not be able to get good at them
Corporal bryguy

Postby wicked on Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:04 pm

I'm trying to avoid making mafia an elitist game here Ank. Why would any random mod starting a game piss off people who probably wouldn't even play in it b/c that person's a newbie mod?

If your mafia clan wants to coordinate games the good mods host, then I'm all for that. But this whole "pissing off" the clan shit is BS.
Major wicked

Postby Anarkistsdream on Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:04 pm

Currently, there are EIGHTEEN fucking mafia games going...

That is ridiculous...
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby firth4eva on Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:04 pm

We need a way of drafting in new players and keeping old players happy.
Captain firth4eva

Postby Anarkistsdream on Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:05 pm

wicked wrote:I'm trying to avoid making mafia an elitist game here Ank. Why would any random mod starting a game piss off people who probably wouldn't even play in it b/c that person's a newbie mod?

If your mafia clan wants to coordinate games the good mods host, then I'm all for that. But this whole "pissing off" the clan shit is BS.

Good thing you won't be in it...

And I never said it would piss off the clan, I said it would piss off good players...

Stop adding things or changing what I said. You look like an ass yourself. Most people agree with my thoughts, and you are warping them trying to act like I said somethign I didn't... Reply to my words, not to your own interpretation, thanks.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby wicked on Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:06 pm

Anarkistsdream wrote:Currently, there are EIGHTEEN fucking mafia games going...

That is ridiculous...

Well those 18 games filled, so obviously there's a demand. Each person needs to set their own personal limit as to how many they want to join.
Major wicked

Postby firth4eva on Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:07 pm

wicked wrote:

That is ridiculous...

Well those 18 games filled, so obviously there's a demand. Each person needs to set their own personal limit as to how many they want to join.

yes but players are deadbeating in them
Captain firth4eva

Postby diddle on Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:07 pm

wicked wrote:

That is ridiculous...

they weren't all filled easily though
Cadet diddle

Postby firth4eva on Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:08 pm

diddle wrote:
wicked wrote:

That is ridiculous...

they weren't all filled easily though

and forced noobs to join
Captain firth4eva

Next

Return to Mafia Discussions