Conquer Club

My next game

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Which game should I run (first)?

Dystopia Mafia
41%
Neighborhood Mafia-like
29%
[mildly amusing neutral response]
29%

Total votes : 17

My next game

Postby Ditocoaf on Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:19 am

I'm not starting it yet, but I need to ask you all a question.

I've been planning for a while to do "Dystopia Mafia"... this will be a different kind of game, but not in the same way Neighborhood was. There's both the members of the Utopia, and the Savages who haven't been exposed to the new ways... but everyone knows who is which, as they would in real life. The trouble is finding out who among the savages are the subversive element. I think this would be interesting, because the "town" side isn't necessarily the "good guys" in this setup. There will be a lot of twists, and people will be indoctrinated and reverted left and right. I've spent a while perfecting this, and think it should run smoothly. It won't be a game with a lot of long scenes (it's not another Neighborhood), and I can fit 24 people in it. It's not non-vanilla, though there are two types of "vanilla" roles, and the game's different enough that you may not notice… and I don't expect all the vanilla players to remain vanilla for long.

…it's not as complicated as it sounds; I could explain it simply if I was willing to go into specifics.

However, since Neighborhood Mafia went over so well, I've started thinking about doing a sequel to that instead. It wouldn't be a "sequel" in storyline, but it would be a sequel in spirit. I would look for it to be about the same size as the original, and with the same kind of unique gameplay. I've started compiling a roster of interesting role ideas that have popped into my mind, and I'm vaguely compiling a setting. I know several people from the first have already said "in" if I choose to run this, so signups would be half-full from conception.

...so, which should I do? I can probably get either one underway quickly, but since I'm starting college in a month I don't know how much longer I can dump this much time online. Actually, I do know: one month. I won't be leaving, but I'll only be on about an hour a day, max, leaving me time to only mod a game, and maybe play one. So I hesitate to promise that I'll eventually be able to run both. I'll say that if I can, I'll run the other one after the first finishes.
Last edited by Ditocoaf on Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

>----------✪ Try to take down the champion in the continuous IPW/GIL tournament! ✪----------<

Note to self: THINK LESS LIVE MORE
Private 1st Class Ditocoaf

Re: My next game

Postby militant on Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:36 am

I quite like the sound of Dystopia Mafia myself
Guys I am intentionally lurking. Discuss; Play mafia, it is good.
Oderint Dum Metuant says: Don't confuse the easily confused!
Sergeant 1st Class militant

Postby Skoffin on Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:36 am

I'd say the first one. If you have most of it sorted out already you could pretty much start signups now and have it finished by the time you get to college. And you could still think up roles for the other while you do it.
Plus, it sounds interesting.
Everything confuses and enrages me! Raaaargh
Join Discord group for multiplayer gaming and general nonsense.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby InkL0sed on Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:45 am

Do both. I voted for Neighborhood Mafia sequel, but I guess you could always do that one afterward. Give us all a little break...
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Postby ace1217 on Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:19 am

I personally would say the sequel to neighborhood mafia. It seems like dsytopia mafia is kinda bland, and I hate being vanilla.
Cadet ace1217

Postby pancakemix on Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:29 pm

Up to you.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby icedagger on Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:30 pm

I'd go for the sequel to neighbourhood, but only cos I'm a bit tired of big games. Both ideas sound great
Major icedagger

Postby Ditocoaf on Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:06 pm

It's actually looking like I might not do another game after all... I'm trying to spend less time online, and the best way to do that is to not start any new projects.

>----------✪ Try to take down the champion in the continuous IPW/GIL tournament! ✪----------<

Note to self: THINK LESS LIVE MORE
Private 1st Class Ditocoaf

Postby InkL0sed on Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:07 am

So in two weeks then? ;)
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Postby animorpherv1 on Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:57 am

I'd say Distopyia mafia. It sounds better, and yeah.

BTW, When aI'm on the computer, I do all my Risk games, look at my mmodding game, and notice ALL of my mafia games, even if aI don't post in all of them, all in one hour. That's no excuse.
Cook animorpherv1

Postby pancakemix on Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:12 pm

animorpherv1 wrote:I'd say Distopyia mafia. It sounds better, and yeah.

BTW, When aI'm on the computer, I do all my Risk games, look at my mmodding game, and notice ALL of my mafia games, even if aI don't post in all of them, all in one hour. That's no excuse.

Said the PFC with a bad rep...

But seriously though, he's got a point. It doesn't really take that long to do stuff on here. That's what makes it so great.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby icedagger on Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:53 pm

animorpherv1 wrote:I'd say Distopyia mafia. It sounds better, and yeah.

It doesn't show..
Major icedagger

Postby animorpherv1 on Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:20 pm

what, the first bit, or the second, your question isn't specific enough.
Cook animorpherv1

Postby F1fth on Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:50 pm

It's entirely up to you. Bu as much as I liked the creativity of Neighborhood Mafia, Dystopia Mafia just sounds too fun to pass up to me anyway.

And I would highly encourage you to stay and try to cut back on time spent here than to essentially quit altogether, but you gotta do what you have to do.
<>---------------------------<>
......Come play CC Mafia,
.....where happiness lies
<>----------[Link]----------<>

REMEMBER NORSE // REMEMBER DANCING MUSTARD
Corporal F1fth

Return to Mafia Discussions