Conquer Club

[OFFICIAL] C9 Mafia - GAME OVER - TOWN WINS!!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [OFFICIAL] C9 Mafia - Day 1 (Soft deadline 4/18)

Postby virus90 on Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:26 pm

offtopic: loved your post MP, made me laugh.

@ endgame
you can try to lynch me for missing the weekend but im not sure if its fair to say i have the least input. yesterday i basicly wrote a paper on why i think wcg is maybe scummy; easy list post and general comments early on to try to gain some town cred. For the same reasons, pretty much litteraly, IB decided to vote WCG today, im not saying he copied me or anything, but then maybe i have the least input in number of posts, they might be more influencial then 4 small posts. So thats a bit of easy scoring in my opinion.

and while im on that, i tend to see more easy scoring points in your posts and i have some questions about them too..

you say Mudpuppy is suspicious / a lynch candidate, yet he is only in a discussion with storr and he has 0 votes on him. and then you say its good that he putting the screws on slander. why is that good? is slander scummy? then why didnt you mention slander?

as already described a bit in the part above: you call me a fair day one lynch, for being away for the weekend basicly. not at all referring to what posts i did make. to be honest, i think a realy easy way to make someone look scummy.

and the 3th easy point. is in your reasoning of WCG, calling the edit of the vote scummy. maybe, realy maybe it was a scum move but i prefer to see it as an honest mistake, he also admitted it excused and explained it. so in my opinion another easy point to make.

so thats my 2 cents for today.
vote endgame
basicly because of the trying to make easy points which i also think are not really good points and over exacerating, making different people look scummy, but he's not really committing to one (well he has his vote on WCG, but the way i read it he is fine with any of his 3 suspects lynched, doesnt matter who).

fp'ed by wcg (fastposted for the new guys ;) )
Major virus90

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:32 pm

I disagree with the suggestion that Virus has had the least input. Both Virus and IB have not posted the most, but they only post well thought through posts with plenty of content. Hardly fair to complain about the frequency of said posts.

The person I am struggling to read anything from is Slander. In my initial list that has been slated, I had Virus and Slander down as tbc due to minimal or no input. I still havent got a clue about Slander.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby Endgame422 on Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:12 pm

Note where the vote stayed virus. I put you there(3rd) as you had to be prodded to get started on this game and 3 posts aint great out of 100. RL excuses dont mean much to me here.
On this point id like some more action out of slander as well but he has posted more than 3x,hes at least
I am going with easy points because they are all we have,were really just guessing for day one.
As far as MP/slander MP is pushing slander which reads townish to me as it seems early for scum to be pushing,although slander started by saying he would cop check MP which makes it seem reactionary to me on MPs part. Also several people have cast suspicion on him earlier with the mafia claim,pushing his "wild claim" on storr, so theres as much there as anywhere.
Someone has to get lynched here and if dont put all my thoughts of possible scumminess out there how are we going to agree on someone?
I mean MP/storr/IB already said no lynch is not the way to go so im putting all my thoughts out there.
Lieutenant Endgame422

Postby MudPuppy on Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:20 am

WCG & slander, I would like to see you cast votes today. We still have 2 1/2 days left but votes are currently all over the board and we have some work to do to get a claim/lynch. It seems like we were making some decent progress and then the game just stalled. Let's pick it up please.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:32 am

Iron Butterfly wrote:Keep in mind his play last game as storr. This is par for the course for him. English is not his first language. I am not defending him by any means but that last game pisses me off *grin*. I just find it hard to believe someone can make such mistakes repeatedly.

IB also defended Virus's absenteeism before his first long post. Could simply be passing on his experience of playing games with Virus before. Or could be something more. I am not sure how to read this, but am surprised that nothing more has been made of IB's actions here. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

@Mud - I have just been through the posts and have some thoughts which I will lay out later today. But before I do so and cast my vote, I would like to know why you so far have only accused Storr. So far you have contributed nothing about any of the other five players. Considering we are looking for two mafia goons, this seems a little odd. Do you have an explanation for this?
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby MudPuppy on Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:03 am

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:@Mud - I have just been through the posts and have some thoughts which I will lay out later today. But before I do so and cast my vote, I would like to know why you so far have only accused Storr. So far you have contributed nothing about any of the other five players. Considering we are looking for two mafia goons, this seems a little odd. Do you have an explanation for this?

I'm going back and forth on most of the others... I want to see more. While there are two scum out there, I only get a single vote and Storr is it atm since I get the strongest scum vibe from him. I don't think we'll get enough additional info on D1 to convince me to change that but it's possible... Let's keep the discussions going and see.

My read on you is slightly scummish... Seems like you're tossing out a bunch of observations of scummish behavior, most of which aren't really scummish at all and shouldn't have passed through your filters so easily (Storr & IB fighting, Endgame jumping on the bandwagon, me claiming Mafia, etc.). As the Talking Heads sang, "You're talking a lot but you're not saying anything..." Psycho Killer???
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby Slander on Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:27 am

Wow, this game got really exciting since I last checked in. =D>

I would first like to say I really enjoyed that last post of yours, Virus. Similar to Endgame, I too was holding the lack of posts against you a tad, but I really liked the amount of sense you just made. That being said, I think you are falling into some dangerous traps of your own. For instance, why is it relevant how many votes someone currently has on them? Votes are so volatile I'm concerned you even mentioned it when discussing MudPuppy.

Virus was not the only one with an interesting post recently.. several interesting ideas were raised. It was mentioned that others wanted some input and a vote from me.
Happy to oblige there:

1. WingCmdr Ginkapo: Soft Town
2. Iron Butterfly: Soft Mafia
3. virus90: Hard Town
4. MudPuppy: Hard Mafia
5. StorrZerg: Soft Town
6. Endgame422: Soft Town
7. Slander: ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ

Vote Mudpuppy

Sorry, but I haven't changed my mind on this. For a while it seemed to me that MP was just riding the discussion out, waiting to see how it would unfold. But now he's just gone into full damage control mode. The lack of productive contributions he's made here is frightening. If he's not mob, he's at worst a useless member of the Town.
Corporal 1st Class Slander

Postby StorrZerg on Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:34 am

Slander wrecking this game
Major StorrZerg

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:57 am

Who have we all voted for so far for whatever reason:

1. WingCmdr Ginkapo: Slander
2. Iron Butterfly: Storr and WCG
3. virus90: Endgame
4. MudPuppy: Storr
5. StorrZerg: Virus
6. Endgame422: IB and Virus
7. Slander: Mudpuppy

Those alone dont really tell a picture of any kind. However, if I add in conjecture about who has accused or defended who no matter how strongly.

1. WingCmdr Ginkapo: Slander Accused IB and Storr
2. Iron Butterfly: Storr and WCG Defended Virus
3. virus90: Endgame Suspicious of WCG
4. MudPuppy: Storr
5. StorrZerg: Virus Accused IB
6. Endgame422: IB and Virus Accused WCG
7. Slander: Mudpuppy Accused IB, Defended Storr, WCG and Endgame

The reason I queried Mudpuppy above is because their are two anomalies here. Firstly, Mudpuppy has so far only accused Storr of Mafia and after pushing suggested that I might be too. Seems like he is playing his cards very close to his chest as if scared of something. The second anomaly is Slander who has defended multiple people and seems to think 5 of us are town. Doesnt seem like the actions of Mafia to me, just a little odd.

As we are looking for two Mafia I think its worthwhile to see what pairings there could be, assuming that no one is backstabbing their partner. As mentioned above both Mudpuppy and Slander could be in partnerships with most players, but not each other. I dont believe this is the case with Slander but could well be true for Mudpuppy. Aside from these I see two other possible pairings, IB & Virus, or Endgame & Storr. Neither stands out at the moment as particularly scummy, but its worth bearing mind as we move forward.

All things considered.

Vote Mudpuppy.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:01 am

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote: If I had a power role - I'd cop check Mudpuppy, and doc save Endgame.

To respond to the accusations of me swinging in multiple directions erratically. I'd like to point you to this post I made previously. If we lynch Mudpuppy as I have voted for, then clearly I will need to cop check someone else, but otherwise this is unchanged.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby Endgame422 on Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:52 am

WCGs/slanders vote make 3 for MP
2 for WCG
1 for myself
1 for storr
Someone has to change their vote here.
Ive been suspicious of MP but am hesitant to hammer him without a claim.
Lets hear it.
Lieutenant Endgame422

Postby elonpuckhog on Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:54 am

I only count 2 votes for mudpuppy and 2 for WCG, putting them both at L-2.

More detailed vote count coming later. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Corporal 1st Class elonpuckhog

Postby StorrZerg on Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:59 am

I'd be willing to hear mp claim.
Major StorrZerg

Postby Endgame422 on Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:07 pm

I count storr/slander/WCG voting MP.
But ive been wrong before ill wait on tbe official count before demanding a claim.
Lieutenant Endgame422

Postby MudPuppy on Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:21 pm

Endgame422 wrote:I count storr/slander/WCG voting MP.
But ive been wrong before ill wait on tbe official count before demanding a claim.

I think you may be counting my vote for Storr as him voting for me.

I won't be claiming with 2 votes against me... It'll take a 3rd to motivate me.
While I don't like the direction this has headed :?, I am glad to see the activity bounce back up.
Anyone have any questions for me before casting a 3rd vote?
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby StorrZerg on Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:29 pm

I'm voting you without voting you to avoid aN early hammer
Major StorrZerg

Postby MudPuppy on Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:32 pm

StorrZerg wrote:I'm voting you without voting you to avoid aN early hammer

Would rather get hammered. Do you think I'm scum?
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:40 pm

Realised I mistakenly noted Endgame as "Accused WCG" instead of "voted WCG." Not that it makes any difference.

I also count two votes for Mudpuppy at the moment.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby Endgame422 on Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:02 pm

Well my bad.
Storr has been pushing a case against MP for some time now,i thought there was a vote with it.
If MP would be happy to get hammered hes a VT or a liar. I dont feel like a cop/doc would take that risk of saying that.
Im torn here cuz ive been thinking WCG is scum but hes now voted MP. If they are both scum, thats a ballsy move, if they are both town then everyones off base and we are at square 1 basically. Im thinking 1 of them has to be scum.
Lieutenant Endgame422

Postby MudPuppy on Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:12 pm

Endgame422 wrote:If MP would be happy to get hammered hes a VT or a liar. I dont feel like a cop/doc would take that risk of saying that.

Let me rephrase that:

I would rather take the risk of being hammered (which I'm hoping is pretty low as the person laying it down will get plenty of attention on D2)... but would also very much prefer to stay in this game.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby Endgame422 on Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:53 pm

MudPuppy wrote:
Endgame422 wrote:If MP would be happy to get hammered hes a VT or a liar. I dont feel like a cop/doc would take that risk of saying that.

Let me rephrase that:

I would rather take the risk of being hammered (which I'm hoping is pretty low as the person laying it down will get plenty of attention on D2)... but would also very much prefer to stay in this game.

Unvote WCG
Vote MudPuppy

I doubt mafia would hammer you. You seem to agree.You also seem to be on the backpedal which does not help your case in my eyes.
Wether its cuz your scummy or cuz it would take a really ballsy move from the mafia either way. Mafia goes for you theyll be fairly obvious.Only virus,IB and storr have the hammer option.
Lets hear that claim.
Lieutenant Endgame422

Postby elonpuckhog on Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:00 pm

VOTE COUNT:

MudPuppy (3) - Endgame, Slander, WCG (L-1)
WCG (1) - IB
Endgame (1) - Virus90
Virus90 (1) - StorrZerg
StorrZerg (1) - MudPuppy

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.
Corporal 1st Class elonpuckhog

Postby MudPuppy on Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:16 pm

Endgame422 wrote:I doubt mafia would hammer you. You seem to agree.You also seem to be on the backpedal which does not help your case in my eyes.
Wether its cuz your scummy or cuz it would take a really ballsy move from the mafia either way. Mafia goes for you theyll be fairly obvious.Only virus,IB and storr have the hammer option.
Lets hear that claim.

It's 'cause I'm the cop... so, if we're in that 1 in 4 chance of a game that there is also a doc... please look after me this evening... assuming ya'll don't decide to lynch me anyway. I assume my claim will be testable pretty quickly.... and someone please unvote me really fast before getting into a discussion on the merits of my claim as I think my chances of being hammered may not be as slim as I'd prefer.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby StorrZerg on Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:24 pm

Snap crackle pop
Major StorrZerg

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:30 pm

Storr - At the very least wait for IB and Virus to give their comments on the situation before voting. A lot has changed since they last posted.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives