Conquer Club

Civilization Mafia - Town Victory!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Civilization Mafia - Day 1: The Ancient Era

Postby Samlen on Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:07 pm

Guys the countdown lynch method starts at however many players are alive (so 16 in this case) and goes down by one every 24 hours. By adding two war declarations it would take 22 people to lynch dakky right now. Also Dakky your reasoning on the confirm thing make relatively little sense (before now I had no idea what merino was and, frankly, i still don't care that much about it).
Lieutenant Samlen

Postby Skoffin on Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:44 pm

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:
WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:Image

And an unrelated list of people I never vote for D1 anyway:

declare friend madmitch
declare friend skoffin
declare friend strike wolf
declare friend TimWoodbury
declare friend benga
declare friend aage

Vote Tim. Throwing Dakky up to unlynchable just looks odd, and then to do it as somehow an act of aggression?

Now how did I get on such a prestigious list? I can't complain about siding with the pro-town hero, so this I shall do.

Declare friendship Wing

Samlen wrote:Guys the countdown lynch method starts at however many players are alive (so 16 in this case) and goes down by one every 24 hours. By adding two war declarations it would take 22 people to lynch dakky right now. Also Dakky your reasoning on the confirm thing make relatively little sense (before now I had no idea what merino was and, frankly, i still don't care that much about it).

The people of [redacted] are a civilised people and as such we enjoy the fine, quality things in life. As such we know plenty about merino and question why you do not.
Everything confuses and enrages me! Raaaargh
Join Discord group for multiplayer gaming and general nonsense.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby Samlen on Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:34 pm

Because I am an uncultured nerd I have been unable to acquire such wool where my civ started hence my lack of knowledge about it. If you would be willing to trade for some, would you accept a Declaration of Friendship(@Skoffin)?
Lieutenant Samlen

Postby aage on Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:38 pm

dakky21 wrote:
HotShot53 wrote:So with 2 wars declared on him, dakky now needs 22 votes to be lynched right now with only 16 votes available... I'd say he's safe from being lynched for a while lol.

I don't think it works like that. Yeah, both Tim and Skoffin declared war and that should be +6 on me, but majority lynch is in place. That means first week we have 16 players and 9 is required for a lynch, so with two wars ongoing it would be 9 (+6 from wars) = 15 votes needed for my lynch, not 22. Only if I (or someone) start a third war I'd be lynch proof with 9 + 9 = 18 which would exceed the number of possible votes. Seems like a cool strategy to avoid sure lynch.

aage wrote:Also, are you going to answer my question Dakky? All the civilisations in the game are considered civilised. The clue is in the phrasing. We have no idea what criteria MM used to determine who is the scum. For all we know, Gandhi is a serial killer. As you said, think outside the box ;) ;) (am I doing this right?)

I'm going to answer your question with another question: How do you know all the civilisations in the game are civilised and how do you know Gandhi is a serial killer? I don't know anything about that, I know only that there are threats to my nation from other nations. Phrase it like you wish.

Apologies, I meant all the nations in the Civilization[sic] game series are considered civilised. Your theory assumed that a player would claim to be something other than a civilisation (eg. barbarians, city state). That's why I called it bullshit, though in hindsight it probably would have been better to call it an exercise in wasting time.
Ghandi being a serial killer was both a joke in reference to Ghandi's AI behaviour in Civ, and a stab at the fact that we have no idea how to recognise a scum civ vs. a town civ.

Also, recap on the rules for you guys.
- First week of day 1 nobody can be lynched.
- On the 8th day we need everyone to vote for one person (including that person themselves... lol) in order to get a lynch.
- This will go down by 1 each day.
- You can break the game by declaring war on everyone else so you can never be lynched.

Meanwhile, me and my citizens are amazed and excited to learn these new technologies called "merino".
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby madmitch on Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:43 pm

First of all I accept dof from WCG who I think is Iran because of his priest that coverts, Aage might be India ? Ghandi reference GA7 Korean ? (kwanfirm),Strike with his Princess Bride reference,Floria against Guilden might be Florence Italy or guilden dutch money so Holland,then Sam with his unify comment could be communist ? so he could be Russia, China ,Cuba, Lao's, N Korea or Vietnam ? but with his confirmerino he might be Spain or Australian , Tims Yugioh is Japanese (Japan) Benga conger (Germany) and he wants to visit his WW2friend Japan. Allies of WW2 Japan were Germany and Italy, which leaves us with Dakky pokemon(Japan) or maybe Great Briton? and Skoffin with that hurrburblur remarkthat seems German and theRamcey Butler confirmation played by a Welsh actor (Wales) so I think Skoffins DOW on Dakky was to protect him.Fither Skoffin Germany and Dakky Japan or SKOFFIN Wales and Dakky Great Briton and I think Tims DOW is just scummy.
Cadet madmitch

Postby dakky21 on Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:13 pm

This is fishy as it is...

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:And an unrelated list of people I never vote for D1 anyway:

declare friend madmitch
declare friend skoffin
declare friend benga
declare friend aage

Minister Masket wrote:You can be involved in both of these Declarations at the same time (with different players naturally), but no more than one each.

madmitch wrote:First of all I accept dof from WCG who I think is Iran

If I understand correctly, you can declare only one Friendship and one War at a time. Not 6 friendships... so whoever accepts first will go. Or you can, but Mitch accepted it first. So I guess now Mitch is sided with WCG.

Sorry for no joke vote stage lol...
Captain dakky21

Postby Skoffin on Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:31 am

Nobody knows rules like I know rules, and that is why I am a winner. I am winning all of the friendships. Look at these guys, they all want a piece of my trade routes. But rules being rules, there may only be one! (friend and foe each, that is)

Samlen wrote:Because I am an uncultured nerd I have been unable to acquire such wool where my civ started hence my lack of knowledge about it. If you would be willing to trade for some, would you accept a Declaration of Friendship(@Skoffin)?

Glad that you are recognising the finer things in life, however my nation does not currently supply such an exotic good - and we are already in accord with the Nation of Wing.

Ghandi is a menace that must be stopped, should he arrive. But the bararic hoards that roam the world are our first port of call.
Also I change my stance - mitch may in fact have the mad cow.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby Samlen on Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:54 am

dakky21 wrote:This is fishy as it is...

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:And an unrelated list of people I never vote for D1 anyway:

declare friend madmitch
declare friend skoffin
declare friend benga
declare friend aage

Minister Masket wrote:You can be involved in both of these Declarations at the same time (with different players naturally), but no more than one each.

madmitch wrote:First of all I accept dof from WCG who I think is Iran

If I understand correctly, you can declare only one Friendship and one War at a time. Not 6 friendships... so whoever accepts first will go. Or you can, but Mitch accepted it first. So I guess now Mitch is sided with WCG.

Sorry for no joke vote stage lol...

Ah no skoffin accepted the request first. Can't believe I already forgot that each person can only have one alliance...

Well is anyone trading in this wonderful commodity known as Merion?
Lieutenant Samlen

Postby nagerous on Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:22 am

Secret negative effect on war declarations ?

No thank you, seems a bit rash to use that power so early and so freely.

Declaration of friendships on the other hand seem like they are more useful for anyone who is afraid of getting lynched and feel they need a buffer for protection. Personally I think it is pretty scummy to go out hunting alliances straight away in a mafia game - it is a useful tool for any uncivilised nations to use at any rate as subterfuge before launching a sneak attack.

Gandhi a serial killer?! No no no it is all about peaceful protest with Gandhi - satyagraha. There is thinking out the box aage and then there is nonsense! An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind
Captain nagerous

Postby Skoffin on Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:41 am

Yes, secret negative remifications! what could they be? I, being a top-notch citizen that looks out for the well-being of the world, have wilfully chosen to sacrifice myself in order to find out what those negative consequences may be. Yes, you may give me a medal for this.

The question is now though - what about those that have tried to jump on this crazy train after it started? Why would they allow - nay, encourage! - me to behave in such a flamboyant manner? Likely, to appear to be contributing while simultaneously not making any noticeable mark - and to get into my good graces.

And nag - Real-world Ghandi may have been peaceful, but Civ Gandhi? Monster.

(For the record, I do not trade in 'merion', however I do have a variety of slippers with animal faces on them)
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby Skoffin on Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:43 am

But yes, so far it seems war declarations are good for temporarily putting players out of reach for a lynch, but I imagine the 'negative' consequences will make up for it. But hey rest assured, if we wait 100000 turns (I'm bad at math) we can lynch dakky first!
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby ga7 on Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:25 am

This declarations stuff is making my head spin. That or the hangover. Interesting fact: hangover in french is "gueule de bois" which means "wooden maw".
Can we vote for someone we declared friendship with? I'm guessing yes but it's not making much sense to me.
Vote Skoff for skimming, will expand later :P
Anarkistsdream wrote:If you guys can't tell that Doom is being forced to post this drivel, you are fools...
Lieutenant ga7

Postby Skittles! on Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:47 am

All this role play would make way much more sense to me if I actually knew the personalities of the nations in civilisation lol.

Interesting that people are already clamouring for friendships and war though.
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby Skoffin on Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:14 am

@Skittles I don't think you need to know the personalities of nations. Just act like an idiot and let the wind take you!

ga7 wrote:Vote Skoff for skimming, will expand later :P

How dare you
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby ga7 on Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:33 am

Skoff, are you willing to tell the secret effects of the DOW or should I declare one myself? I'm curious :lol:
I don't understand an upside to DOF other than personal protection, on one hand I feel it's an extra tool for scum to avoid lynches, on another it will be one extra thing to look back on besides votes and see who buddied up with whom.
Anarkistsdream wrote:If you guys can't tell that Doom is being forced to post this drivel, you are fools...
Lieutenant ga7

Postby Minister Masket on Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:23 am

Samlen wrote:Guys the countdown lynch method starts at however many players are alive (so 16 in this case) and goes down by one every 24 hours. By adding two war declarations it would take 22 people to lynch dakky right now. Also Dakky your reasoning on the confirm thing make relatively little sense (before now I had no idea what merino was and, frankly, i still don't care that much about it).

aage wrote:- First week of day 1 nobody can be lynched.
- On the 8th day we need everyone to vote for one person (including that person themselves... lol) in order to get a lynch.
- This will go down by 1 each day.
- You can break the game by declaring war on everyone else so you can never be lynched.
".

INCORRECT

You can be involved in both of these Declarations at the same time (with different players naturally), but no more than one each

READ DA RULES

dakky is at war with Skoffin, so Tim's DoW on dakky is both invalid and pointless. Obviously I wasn't going to allow being at war with multiple people because it quite clearly makes lynchin' extremely difficult.

@aage You can absolutely lynch someone in this first week. It just means you didn't need the countdown to reach the limit.

ga7 wrote:Can we vote for someone we declared friendship with? I'm guessing yes but it's not making much sense to me.

Yes, but why would you do such a thing? :-s
Victrix Fortuna Sapientia

Private Minister Masket

Postby ga7 on Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:54 am

Because only the night phase ends a DOF right? And mistakes will be made :-$
Also, can you please put a link to the declarations rules in the first post?
Lieutenant ga7

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:03 am

Shame, ah well, lets live it up Skoffin, its you and mean till the end baby.

Mitch FOS, for not knowing your Age of Empires.

Aage FOS, for not acknowledging my benevolence.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby strike wolf on Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:11 am

ga7 wrote:Skoff, are you willing to tell the secret effects of the DOW or should I declare one myself? I'm curious :lol:
I don't understand an upside to DOF other than personal protection, on one hand I feel it's an extra tool for scum to avoid lynches, on another it will be one extra thing to look back on besides votes and see who buddied up with whom.

I guess potentially you can use it to stave off the lynch of someone you aren't ready to have lynched. Whicheck may not be the worst option as with the countdown method, scum are going to get more powerful in relative to town quicker. (Ex. Town is at Lylo withe a 3-2 advantage. We would be forced to lynch in the first 3 countdown periods to avoid mafia forcing a situation where town could not once the countdown started).

So no one else is concerned with Dakky falsely accusing Aage of knowing something he shouldn't while stating something he shouldnt know if he was standard town himself?
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:22 am

It bothers me. Fortunately i am already voting Tim for protecting Dakky..... so its all gravy.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby aage on Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:51 am

strike wolf wrote:
ga7 wrote:Skoff, are you willing to tell the secret effects of the DOW or should I declare one myself? I'm curious :lol:

I guess potentially you can use it to stave off the lynch of someone you aren't ready to have lynched. Whicheck may not be the worst option as with the countdown method, scum are going to get more powerful in relative to town quicker. (Ex. Town is at Lylo withe a 3-2 advantage. We would be forced to lynch in the first 3 countdown periods to avoid mafia forcing a situation where town could not once the countdown started).

So no one else is concerned with Dakky falsely accusing Aage of knowing something he shouldn't while stating something he shouldnt know if he was standard town himself?

Of course, it just does little good for me to point it out because Dakky has elected to ignore it. And me. :( Guess I'll have to continue pressing his buttons.

Wing, day 1 alliances are silly and you should feel silly. The DoFs you sent out were meaningless, both in terms of their weight as well as their legitimacy (although this was only pointed out later).
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby Skittles! on Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:39 pm

fos Mitch for trying to suss out who everyone is on the second page of day 1
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby madmitch on Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:19 am

@ WCG you got to remember I am a old turd and don't know a lot about age of empires but it sounds interesting especially the mythological one, as for the priest yelling yololo it sounds like he is changing the blue into red ,so that is why I thought of converting. @ Skittles I am just trying to figure out the game and who's who ?
Cadet madmitch

Postby TimWoodbury on Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:49 am

@Mitch you claim to be ld yet not know age of empires... that is an OLD game.\

@Skittles whats the difference between mitch posting who he thinks everyone is and dakky saying he thinks he knows who everyone is as he did right from day break and not putting it in words?
Cook TimWoodbury

Postby strike wolf on Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:46 pm

TimWoodbury wrote:@Mitch you claim to be ld yet not know age of empires... that is an OLD game.\

@Skittles whats the difference between mitch posting who he thinks everyone is and dakky saying he thinks he knows who everyone is as he did right from day break and not putting it in words?

Old is relative.

Personally I'm not a fan of either. Mitch play is always more erratic so I actually lend it to be less scummy though I will admit to getting a kick out of him trying to pin a role on me for something I said before anyone got a role. :lol:

So I'll emphasize Tim's point. Why do you fos Mitch and not Dakky, Skittles?
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives