Conquer Club

Customer @#%$&**^% Service Mafia END Mafia win

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Customer @#%$&**^% Service Mafia

Postby Ragian on Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:35 am

chapcrap wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:
chapcrap wrote:I guess my thing is that, yes, it's a bad play, but what does lynching him do for town?

It is generally agreed that D1 lynches are a good thing. D1 lynches that at worst lynch a VT are a pretty decent outcome. You do get a vote pattern to look at -- scum would probably want to have at least some of their people on such a lynch.

Vote pattern on a claimed VT for a policy lynch seems like town isn't getting anything.

+1
Major Ragian

Postby Pikanchion on Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:55 am

This Policy Lynch has already generated an amount of information from people arguing either for or against it that is comparable with most Day 1 lynches...
Private Pikanchion

Postby aage on Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:03 am

I've been a little distracted from this game, sorry.

I don't really care for the VT claim, there are likely to be multiple VTs so that claim holds no weight whatsoever. I don't know why Tobi decided to claim it, but I don't find it super interesting and don't consider it a policy lynch worthy offense. Blacky's vote shift is a little suspicious imo.

I still think we should lynch Dakky.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby blacky365 on Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:12 am

aage wrote:Blacky's vote shift is a little suspicious imo.

Wasnt meaning to come across as suspect, at this early stage there is zero information so its based on gut feeling.
Private 1st Class blacky365

Postby Ragian on Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:59 am

Who's this dakky you're on about?

I don't know. I feel iffy that Pika is pushing this policy lynch so hard.
Major Ragian

Postby Ragian on Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:59 am

How would you use any of the information, Pika? Let's say that Tobi flips town; How would you use the people arguing for and against the policy lynch to scumhunt going forward? And what if he flips scum?
Major Ragian

Postby Pikanchion on Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:17 am

Ragian wrote:How would you use any of the information, Pika? Let's say that Tobi flips town; How would you use the people arguing for and against the policy lynch to scumhunt going forward? And what if he flips scum?

Well if Tobikera flips Scum I'm basically confirmed Town, other than that you likely can't gain much information immediately, but nor can you with any normal day one lynch. Perhaps if Tobikera flips Town it makes blacky365's flip-flop look a little suspicious, perhaps on a Scum flip it makes those arguing hard against it a little suspicious. On later days this can be read much like a day one lynch for any other reasons.

If we don't lynch Tobikera who do you propose we lynch, and what information do we gain from that choice exactly?
Private Pikanchion

Postby Tobikera on Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:49 am

@Pika
Off-topic question: Why do you only have 4 games (3 completed)? Did you just join CC to play Mafia?
Captain Tobikera

Postby Pikanchion on Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:07 am

Tobikera wrote:@Pika
Off-topic question: Why do you only have 4 games (3 completed)? Did you just join CC to play Mafia?

Yes.
Private Pikanchion

Postby aage on Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:16 am

blacky365 wrote:
aage wrote:Blacky's vote shift is a little suspicious imo.

Wasnt meaning to come across as suspect, at this early stage there is zero information so its based on gut feeling.

Oh you didn't mean to sound suspicious, that's okay then. :roll:
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby Ragian on Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:25 am

Pikanchion wrote:If we don't lynch Tobikera who do you propose we lynch, and what information do we gain from that choice exactly?

So, here's my issue: Tobi has done similar things in the past because he often wants to make sure that people know he's town, and also he often tends to get bored with D1 quickly. So I really don't think he's scum. I think he's just...well...all the stuff he said about himself :lol:

I'm suspicious of a fair few players:
- dakky: Annoyed with the lack of participation and now he has disappeared himself completely. He was also guilty of something else that Aage jumped on, but I forget what it was... :roll:
- Razor: Admittedly doesn't want to do anything to further D1. He doesn't give any reads, thoughts, or anything.
- Pika: The least of the three because your sticking to you guns has me leaning town on you so far. I didn't like your immediate jump on Tobi, though, because to me it felt like an attempt to end the day quickly without town learning anything.
- Blacky: His flipflopping is a bit weird as you mention yourself, and there was something else that caught my attention. I should really start making notes...

So, I'd rather push either of these cases than going for Tobi. I'm sort of convincing myself to drop my suspicion of you, though...
Major Ragian

Postby dakky21 on Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:03 pm

I disappeared because no one is participating. I will write a post when I wake up. TBH I forgot about this game...
Captain dakky21

Postby chapcrap on Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:03 pm

dakky21 wrote:I disappeared because no one is participating. I will write a post when I wake up. TBH I forgot about this game...

If you forgot, then how did you post right when someone mentioned your name?! :shock: :o
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Pikanchion on Wed May 01, 2019 4:24 am

Ragian wrote:
Pikanchion wrote:If we don't lynch Tobikera who do you propose we lynch, and what information do we gain from that choice exactly?

I'm suspicious of a fair few players:
- dakky: Annoyed with the lack of participation and now he has disappeared himself completely. He was also guilty of something else that Aage jumped on, but I forget what it was... :roll:
- Razor: Admittedly doesn't want to do anything to further D1. He doesn't give any reads, thoughts, or anything.
- Pika: The least of the three because your sticking to you guns has me leaning town on you so far. I didn't like your immediate jump on Tobi, though, because to me it felt like an attempt to end the day quickly without town learning anything.
- Blacky: His flipflopping is a bit weird as you mention yourself, and there was something else that caught my attention. I should really start making notes...

So, I'd rather push either of these cases than going for Tobi. I'm sort of convincing myself to drop my suspicion of you, though...

You voting dakky21 or Razorvich would both be policy lynches if the stated reason (inactivity/refusal to participate) is the only criterium in each case. The only difference being between you voting for them and me for Tobikera is that they could become active again (or even be replaced), Tobikera cannot go back in time and unclaim. Voting for me because I voted based on policy would surely be hypocritical in that case? Maybe you should build your case and vote for blacky365, or go back and dig up your actual reason for being suspicious of dakky21 (or, you know, join me on the Tobikera wagon :3).
Private Pikanchion

Postby Skoffin on Wed May 01, 2019 5:08 am

Vote Count
11 alive, 6 needed to lynch.

Pikanchion ---- dakky
dakky21 ------- Mets, aage
aage -----------
Ragian ---------
strike wolf ----
chapcrap ------
Razorvich ------
blacky365 -----
dgz345 ---------
Metsfanmax ---
Tobikera ------- Pika
Everything confuses and enrages me! Raaaargh
Join Discord group for multiplayer gaming and general nonsense.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby Ragian on Wed May 01, 2019 8:34 am

No, they're not policy lynches. Razor refuses to give reads --> scummy; Dakky tried to paint a certain group of people scum looking at flavour by saying:
dakky21 wrote:[...]Flavor wise- it can be understandable that an employee killed a customer because too much arguing over service.

That's scummy.

I could vote either of them. Not policy lynches.
Major Ragian

Postby Pikanchion on Wed May 01, 2019 9:23 am

Ragian wrote:No, they're not policy lynches. Razor refuses to give reads --> scummy

Tobikera claimed out of the blue --> scummy.

Guess there's no such thing as a policy lynch.
Private Pikanchion

Postby Ragian on Wed May 01, 2019 9:49 am

Yes, YOU think that's scummy. I think that's wrong. It's just bad play. I.e. policy lynch.
Major Ragian

Postby Ragian on Wed May 01, 2019 9:51 am

Vote razor

C'mon, Aussie!

What do you think of Dazzy trying to use flavour on people? What do you think of Tobi claiming early? What do you think of Mets's hair? How do you feel about Blacky? There's a lot to talk about already.

*pants*
Major Ragian

Postby dakky21 on Wed May 01, 2019 12:48 pm

I do believe Tobi is saying the truth, his role name could be just weird as it is mine so I'll believe him for now. Role name doesn't prove alignment but combined with VT and my role name, I can believe him. Yeah, that's sort of my claim and I'm lost in this game and don't know what to write when no one said anything except Blacky being the store employee, but that was obviously a real life statement and not a role in game (or a slip?), but that's the only tell I have so far. Asking him was that RL or ingame, what would you expect for an answer?

Then Pika who voted Tobi because of a policy and no other reason (except Tobi is so bad player that he claimed VT unprovoked D1)

My best bet currently is either Pika or Blacky or both.
Captain dakky21

Postby strike wolf on Wed May 01, 2019 1:20 pm

Fucking what? We jusr got through a page of people arguing over Tobis claim and the only agreement was that claiming was bad play and Dakky comes in and does the exact same thing. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

It's shit like this that keeps getting Dakky lynched Day 1.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby strike wolf on Wed May 01, 2019 1:43 pm

I have to agree with Rage on that Pika sounds like town right now. I still disagree with policy lynch on Tobi. However Pika is also correct that much of the initial reasoning to go with it has disappeared as there are now strong sides. Tobis actual reason for saying it is kinda flimsy to me but also doesn't really give much to go off of and there s been more interesting things going on with the arguing back and forth over the policy lynch.

As far as who's kinda scummy? I don't really have anything revolutionary to say which is part of the reason I've been quiet. I mostly agree on the Blacky case. I don't really know what to make about the employee comment but his jump onto Tobi did seem like an attempt to be opportunistic. Town can be opportunistic as well but it's kinda an odd point in the day to see that coming up.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby blacky365 on Wed May 01, 2019 2:02 pm

On mobile tonight but there is plenty to respond to.
I will do a full post tomorrow responding to the various posts.
Private 1st Class blacky365

Postby Pikanchion on Wed May 01, 2019 2:40 pm

*almost every game somebody claims day one for no reason and screws Town, and at least one game was lost almost entirely because of day one VT claims*

*day one begins*
Tobikera: "I'm a VT."
Pikanchion: "Claiming for no reason should be a policy lynch. Also, this is why you shouldn't do that."
Everybody: "Nah."
dakky21: "I'm also a VT."

Are you fucking serious?

Unvote: Tobikera
Vote: dakky21
Private Pikanchion

Postby Ragian on Wed May 01, 2019 3:05 pm

Fair enough... I'll get drunk now.
Major Ragian

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives