Conquer Club

Mini-Mafia 2 [5/9] N3 - going quietly into the dark

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Vodean's mini-Mafia 2 [6/9] Day 2- did anyone get any sl

Postby vodean on Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:59 pm

thehippo8 wrote:Waiting for Campin then the sparks can fly again!

arent you dead?
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby thehippo8 on Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:00 pm

Oops .. was calling out from the grave ... hand on while I jam my foot back in my mouth ... mffth bwwttrrr
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby vodean on Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:24 pm

thehippo8 wrote:Oops .. was calling out from the grave ... hand on while I jam my foot back in my mouth ... mffth bwwttrrr

*hang on
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby lord voldemort on Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:31 pm

Yeah waiting on campin...taht or we we just start pressuring one of the 4?
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby Iron Butterfly on Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:05 am

lord voldemort wrote:Yeah waiting on campin...taht or we we just start pressuring one of the 4?

who would you suggest we pressure and why?
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby DiM on Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:14 am

lord voldemort wrote:Yeah waiting on campin...taht or we we just start pressuring one of the 4?

one of the 4? you're pretty quick there to get yourself off the suspect list. especially after IB said:

Iron Butterfly wrote:Lord Voldemort posted in another game today.

I just realize he could easily be mafia.

The bus driver could have switched me and LV, which would be the reason I got a Town on him.

So he is not clear.

who exactly would you like to start pressuring?
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby lord voldemort on Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:54 pm

How about yourself Dim?? Youre as good as place as any to start. Though I think campin makes more sense. If you dont think Ibs investigation is true have him waste it on me again. Im prolly dead from scum tonight anyway.

Postby DiM on Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:34 am

lord voldemort wrote:How about yourself Dim?? Youre as good as place as any to start.

of course i am.
right now the only town is IB. all others are up for discussion.
i was merely curious why you excluded yourself from the suspect list especially since IB himself explained how it could be false.

lord voldemort wrote:Though I think campin makes more sense. If you dont think Ibs investigation is true have him waste it on me again.

i also believe IBs investigation is true, he'd have no reason to lie. the only confusing thing would be the busdriver thing that might have messed with the results.

lord voldemort wrote:Im prolly dead from scum tonight anyway.

why do you say that? you were revealed as a possible town. the mafia knows who the town is anyway so unless you were exposed as a power role i doubt they'd have any major interest in targeting you. if on the previous night they tried to kill IB but were stopped by the bodyguard then i'm pretty sure they'll go for IB again now that the bodyguard is gone.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby DiM on Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:43 am

DiM wrote:

why do you say that? you were revealed as a possible town. the mafia knows who the town is anyway so unless you were exposed as a power role i doubt they'd have any major interest in targeting you. if on the previous night they tried to kill IB but were stopped by the bodyguard then i'm pretty sure they'll go for IB again now that the bodyguard is gone.

actually regarding that last part i didn't take into consideration the serial killer.
i guess both mafia and the sk want to target town and not each other so if you really are town then you and/or IB will probably be targeted.
that sk really complicates things :(

that being said i'd like to hear something from campin. he confirmed 2 days ago but hasn't said anything yet.
Major DiM

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:22 am

Vote Lord V

In my eyes he has played and responded like scum since the beginining. He offers one sentence replies with no substance and has offered nothing insofar as game play.

When I claimed Town cop he said, "That's a ballsy fake claim". Even when I claimed, he made it seem doubtful.

Before I claimed he offered nothing to the debate into what was possible except by offering extreme generalities making me seem scum.

When I say that my innocent on him is in question because of the busdriver he wants to put the pressure on the other 4. He was not cleared yet he acts like he is even after the fact.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby lord voldemort on Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:26 pm

You're taking what a 1/ in a large number chance of me being bus drivered that your investigation was wrong. And me saying its a ballsy fake claim is my way of saying its unlikely to be fake. And I always make short sentences. Always have. Usually always will. And of coarse I want to put pressure on the other 4. I know I'm town. Would you like me to pressure myself?
And they weren't extreme generalizations day 1 They were IMO as good as you can get scum tells on day 1. And I have offered much in the way of game play. Much more than the 2-3 submarines. Btw are some of the 4 that we should be pressuring.

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:32 pm

lord voldemort wrote:You're taking what a 1/ in a large number chance of me being bus drivered that your investigation was wrong. And me saying its a ballsy fake claim is my way of saying its unlikely to be fake. And I always make short sentences. Always have. Usually always will. And of coarse I want to put pressure on the other 4. I know I'm town. Would you like me to pressure myself?
And they weren't extreme generalizations day 1 They were IMO as good as you can get scum tells on day 1. And I have offered much in the way of game play. Much more than the 2-3 submarines. Btw are some of the 4 that we should be pressuring.

WoW your longest post of the game. Your posts up to this point have not been especially helpful. One could say you only appear to be posting because your being pressured to as well.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby lord voldemort on Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:38 pm

Like I said. If you don't believe me waste another night investigsting me, there is no bus driver. We still learn more by lynching one of the 4 specifically one that is submarining.

Postby Campin_Killer on Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:46 pm

I should probably post more.

Catching up real quick
Upcoming Tournaments
NCAA Football
In the Trenches - 3 in sign-ups
13 Colonies
8 Thoughts
Africa

Highscore

Lieutenant Campin_Killer

Postby MeDeFe on Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:57 pm

DiM wrote:

I concur that you're not necessarily the likeliest target if you're really town, LV. With the busdriver there's been some doubt thrown on IB's investigation of you, and the longer you stay alive, the more likely townies are to start wondering whether you're escaping nightkills because you're actually scum or whether it's just random chance. If you're town the scum might keep you alive just to attempt a Day 3 mindfuck.

That said, without possibly knowing what out busdriver was up to last night LV is not my first choice of person to pressure because there's a better chance that he's town than that anyone (bar IB) is. As of now I'd rather go for either militant or DiM. One problem is that the voting behaviour from day 1 is inconclusive, there's no overlap between the people who forced hippo to claim, and those who forced IB to claim by voting for them, so we're still shooting blindly.
saxitoxin wrote:Your position is more complex than the federal tax code. As soon as I think I understand it, I find another index of cross-references, exceptions and amendments I have to apply.
Timminz wrote:Yo mama is so classless, she could be a Marxist utopia.
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby thehippo8 on Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:51 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:Vote Lord V

In my eyes he has played and responded like scum since the beginining. He offers one sentence replies with no substance and has offered nothing insofar as game play.

When I claimed Town cop he said, "That's a ballsy fake claim". Even when I claimed, he made it seem doubtful.

Before I claimed he offered nothing to the debate into what was possible except by offering extreme generalities making me seem scum.

When I say that my innocent on him is in question because of the busdriver he wants to put the pressure on the other 4. He was not cleared yet he acts like he is even after the fact.

I do not agree with you there IB. Go back and re-read what LV said. He was simply noting that if you are not town then that would be a surprise. I have a very solid reason to know why you are wrong on this one - you will recall that aside from being town protector there is more to me than that. And yes, Medefe, there is a solid difference between those who attacked me and those who attacked IB. While I believed you IB on day one now I'm not so sure. So let's open the divide again and ... vote IB
ImageImageImage
show

Postby MeDeFe on Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:18 pm

thehippo8 wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:Vote Lord V

I do not agree with you there IB. Go back and re-read what LV said. He was simply noting that if you are not town then that would be a surprise. I have a very solid reason to know why you are wrong on this one - you will recall that aside from being town protector there is more to me than that. And yes, Medefe, there is a solid difference between those who attacked me and those who attacked IB. While I believed you IB on day one now I'm not so sure. So let's open the divide again and ... vote IB

Dude, you're dead. STFU.
saxitoxin wrote:Your position is more complex than the federal tax code. As soon as I think I understand it, I find another index of cross-references, exceptions and amendments I have to apply.
Major MeDeFe

Postby lord voldemort on Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:20 pm

I wonder if he just forgot :/

Postby DiM on Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:29 pm

he didn't forget because he clearly mentions him being attacked.
if he weren't casting a vote i might think he has a special role (ghost/spirit) and can talk while dead.
anyway, we should wait for the mod to decide on this.
Major DiM

Postby thehippo8 on Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:35 pm

No I keep forgetting ... sorry ... my bad ... am on holiday and just get all excited when I see this game. Please ignore me ... mental note made (stop being so mental!) Bad hippo!
ImageImageImage
show

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:16 pm

thehippo8 wrote:No I keep forgetting ... sorry ... my bad ... am on holiday and just get all excited when I see this game. Please ignore me ... mental note made (stop being so mental!) Bad hippo!

See... now you have really done it. Why would you speak when your dead? You know better. You have been in a ton of mafia games.

The main reason I voted LV was we needed to get something going.

Your passion in what you said and your behind the scenes analysis has made me second guess myself But now I am in a bind.Unvote Lord V

Your speaking from the grave has unduly influenced the game.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby MeDeFe on Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:46 pm

I agree with our resident zombie in one point, though, LV's comment that "it was a ballsy fake claim" does not indicate that LV really thought you were claiming anything other than what you are, IB. He merely expressed the opinion that fakeclaiming cop is really ballsy. And it's common knowledge that that's not something the scum usually does, at least not that early in the game.
Major MeDeFe

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:27 pm

MeDeFe wrote:I agree with our resident zombie in one point, though, LV's comment that "it was a ballsy fake claim" does not indicate that LV really thought you were claiming anything other than what you are, IB. He merely expressed the opinion that fakeclaiming cop is really ballsy. And it's common knowledge that that's not something the scum usually does, at least not that early in the game.

"It was a ballsy fake claim" we can argue semantics all night. While the first half of your statement MAY be true your "common knowledge" is simply YOUR opinion. How do you prove something is common knowledge?
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby lord voldemort on Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:15 am

Well unless you're an idiot?

Postby militant on Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:35 am

MeDeFe wrote:That said, without possibly knowing what out busdriver was up to last night LV is not my first choice of person to pressure because there's a better chance that he's town than that anyone (bar IB) is. As of now I'd rather go for either militant or DiM. One problem is that the voting behaviour from day 1 is inconclusive, there's no overlap between the people who forced hippo to claim, and those who forced IB to claim by voting for them, so we're still shooting blindly.

There is a better chance that he is town, but he is also the only one who can hide behind the WIFOM of the investigation if he makes it to endgame.

thehippo8 wrote:I do not agree with you there IB. Go back and re-read what LV said. He was simply noting that if you are not town then that would be a surprise. I have a very solid reason to know why you are wrong on this one - you will recall that aside from being town protector there is more to me than that. And yes, Medefe, there is a solid difference between those who attacked me and those who attacked IB. While I believed you IB on day one now I'm not so sure. So let's open the divide again and ... vote IB

Might hippo be suggesting that LV was a mason? If so, I don't see why you shouldn't claim that LV because it would clear you even further and prevent any nasty WIFOM. Hippo's disbelief in IB is interesting. As LV said, it would be ballsy, but not unheard of for scum to claim cop. IB's reaction to this is strange also because he unvotes LV and defends his decision to do so, suggesting he was rattled by Hippo, or that some of what Hippo wrote might be true.

I know that to be common knowledge. It doesn't usually happen, hence the ballsy, but not unheard of.
Guys I am intentionally lurking. Discuss; Play mafia, it is good.
Oderint Dum Metuant says: Don't confuse the easily confused!
Sergeant 1st Class militant

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives