Conquer Club

Alien: The Return - Alien wins!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Alien: The Return (8/8)

Postby dakky21 on Sat May 27, 2017 10:47 am

a little bit late, but confirm... strike you already joke voting nonplayers? I told you already that I find that extremely scummy...

vote strike
Captain dakky21

Postby madmitch on Sat May 27, 2017 1:13 pm

oh shit not again :-o That Pikanchion character looks alien to me :-k LET'S GET HIM :evil:
Cadet madmitch

Postby strike wolf on Sat May 27, 2017 9:51 pm

dakky21 wrote:a little bit late, but confirm... strike you already joke voting nonplayers? I told you already that I find that extremely scummy...

vote strike

Vote Covenant
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Sun May 28, 2017 3:03 am

The hell is this?
Vote benga, he forced me to do this
Symmetry wrote:
The ram wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Ok, so some stuff goes over your head?

No not here anyway. He never said they were forced.

Whoosh
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby Ragian on Sun May 28, 2017 3:57 am

Who's Covenant?
Major Ragian

Postby strike wolf on Sun May 28, 2017 6:50 am

Ragian wrote:Who's Covenant?

A movie that's more of a Prometheus sequel with the alien featured than an actual Alien movie.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Ragian on Sun May 28, 2017 3:04 pm

Thought it was someone playing. Like these people saying Chu instead of Fircoal and shit...
Major Ragian

Postby madmitch on Sun May 28, 2017 3:22 pm

So I take it that the company man and his two buddies are the cult , then that leaves the alien queen and four others ,Lets try to figure this out.
Cadet madmitch

Postby MudPuppy on Sun May 28, 2017 5:20 pm

Guess this did actually start... my first read of benga's opening scene was that it was a precursor and was to be continued as I thought we were all still locked up separately... I'm a bit slow sometimes and didn't realize that my cell popped open when the system went down.

Mitch, are you really suggesting an 8-player game with two separate cult factions with one faction already having two buddies? I find that highly unlikely and I find it more than a bit odd that you're suggesting that in an attempt to "figure this out." What are the odds you could be recast as the queen in this sequel???

Guessing it more likely we have 1 Alien Queen & two groups of crew members... one group pro-survival and the other pro-company (even if it means the sacrifice of life). So, a 1/4/3 split with the 1 as the cultist???
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby dakky21 on Sun May 28, 2017 5:51 pm

benga wrote:The Company Man was not satisfied with report. He locked every spacecraft member into separate cell...during the lock up there was disturbance, the whole system broke down, all the lights were out...strange sound of pain broke out...

madmitch wrote:So I take it that the company man and his two buddies are the cult , then that leaves the alien queen and four others ,Lets try to figure this out.

MudPuppy wrote:Mitch, are you really suggesting an 8-player game with two separate cult factions with one faction already having two buddies? I find that highly unlikely and I find it more than a bit odd that you're suggesting that in an attempt to "figure this out." What are the odds you could be recast as the queen in this sequel???

Guessing it more likely we have 1 Alien Queen & two groups of crew members... one group pro-survival and the other pro-company (even if it means the sacrifice of life). So, a 1/4/3 split with the 1 as the cultist???

Mitch is acting the same if he is scum or town. The only thing which is worth noticing is underlined and bolded up there... seems like he knows the exact number of the buddies of a cult AND he knows there is an alien queen. My first thought is - he is the Queen and knows about the cult. Bad player as many said before, can't believe the how big the slip is/was. (it's possible that's he is just a part of the cult and knows such information, but anyway).

unvote, vote madmitch
Captain dakky21

Postby MudPuppy on Sun May 28, 2017 6:23 pm

dakky21 wrote:The only thing which is worth noticing is underlined and bolded up there... seems like he knows the exact number of the buddies of a cult AND he knows there is an alien queen.

Very suspicious indeed... a clear indication that he may have read the first post:
benga wrote:After the Alien Queen has been killed the research spacecraft has stopped on the research base near the Solar System for a quick recuparation...
...the uneasy filling hang in the air, something was not well. As the crew went for the exit, all doors shut down. They were locked in!!!
An oddly looking man approached them with 2 guards and said he was from The Company. He was interested in the accident that happened on their return.

Mechanics:
  • Crew members get one lynch Day 1, and to balance out the Aliens, there will be two lynches every day for the rest of the game.
  • Crew member power roles can be recruited, but cannot use their power.
  • Any Alien who dies has their original role revealed as well. (e.g. [player], the Alien [former Science Officer])
  • If the Cult Leader dies, the Cult will no longer be able to recruit. The remaining Cultists will not commit suicide upon the Cult Leader's death.
  • All actions at night happen at the same time, so even if Alien Queen is shot, she can still recruit
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby dakky21 on Sun May 28, 2017 6:50 pm

WOW. LOL. I skimmed through first post while signing up... well... there goes my theory... so back to beginning and then I still accuse strike for joke voting NPC's.
Captain dakky21

Postby dakky21 on Sun May 28, 2017 6:51 pm

forgot to change the vote back, unvote, vote strike
Captain dakky21

Postby benga on Mon May 29, 2017 2:33 am

Just added D1 ends June 3rd at 00:00
all info in OP
Sergeant benga

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Mon May 29, 2017 3:56 am

I'm not going to assume the 2 guard scene from the start of the game. This is what I think is actually happening at the moment, though I'm not %100 sure, it's better to assume it's one of the four set-ups

SETUP:

Welcome to Cult C9! This is a Variable Open Setup for 8 players. There are 4 possible setups, including:
•1 Alien Queen, 5 Science Officers , 1 Psychic (see below), 1 Security Officer (see below)
•1 Alien Queen, 6 Science Officers , 1 Psychic
•1 Alien Queen, 6 Science Officers , 1 Security Officer
•1 Alien Queen, 7 Science Officers

So we may or may not have any power roles. Whatever mitch was quoting from the scene, I believe it to be just mitch being mitch.
Symmetry wrote:
The ram wrote:

Whoosh

Postby madmitch on Mon May 29, 2017 5:22 am

@DDS we cannot assume anything,the company man and his two guards could be involved in this game as cult or not,.The opening scene says the alien queen was killed so one of us must have been infected so we got to look at all ideals.
Cadet madmitch

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Mon May 29, 2017 5:30 am

madmitch wrote:@DDS we cannot assume anything,the company man and his two guards could be involved in this game as cult or not,.The opening scene says the alien queen was killed so one of us must have been infected so we got to look at all ideals.

Mitch, Jesus, think of this logically for one second.

If there are two (or three...) people that are already cult + the queen, that's already a 4v3, soon to be a 3v4. Guess who already lost before the game even started?

Come on, it's not plausible in any given circumstance. Whether this is you genuinely confused or attempting to cause misdirection, I'm not sure.

FOS Mitch.
Symmetry wrote:
The ram wrote:

Whoosh

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Mon May 29, 2017 5:34 am

Posting for edit...

I misread the scene, but it's asinine to think that the company man (Bishop/Weiland) + 2 randoms are already converted, it's completely ridiculous and it's an auto lose. I'm sticking with the previous set ups as they have made sense for the 8 player game we have.
Symmetry wrote:
The ram wrote:

Whoosh

Postby dakky21 on Mon May 29, 2017 6:56 am

If it's 5v3 then the town doesn't have a chance as it's LYLO D1. I'm thinking those 3 "converted" could actually be town but let's say unaligned (don't know a better word) and they win when the town wins. That makes sense to me.
Captain dakky21

Postby dakky21 on Mon May 29, 2017 6:58 am

EBWOP: So my guess is it's 6v2 but The Company man and two guards are part of those 6.
Captain dakky21

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Mon May 29, 2017 7:14 am

I need to work on my math, idk why I didn't include the 8th in there. It'd still be an auto lose though. Lol.
Symmetry wrote:
The ram wrote:

Whoosh

Postby MudPuppy on Mon May 29, 2017 7:17 am

DirtyDishSoap wrote:I'm not going to assume the 2 guard scene from the start of the game. This is what I think is actually happening at the moment, though I'm not %100 sure, it's better to assume it's one of the four set-ups

SETUP:

Welcome to Cult C9! This is a Variable Open Setup for 8 players. There are 4 possible setups, including:
•1 Alien Queen, 5 Science Officers , 1 Psychic (see below), 1 Security Officer (see below)
•1 Alien Queen, 6 Science Officers , 1 Psychic
•1 Alien Queen, 6 Science Officers , 1 Security Officer
•1 Alien Queen, 7 Science Officers

So we may or may not have any power roles. Whatever mitch was quoting from the scene, I believe it to be just mitch being mitch.

DirtyDishSoap wrote: I'm sticking with the previous set ups as they have made sense for the 8 player game we have.

Those setups do make sense. I don't think it's a coincidence that the ship has 3 new arrivals who join 5 crew members already on the ship when there were 5 survivors from the prequel. If related, then we may already know 5 of the roles: 3 vanilla crew + 1 former crew who was infected and now the new alien queen (pretty safe assumption) + 1 additional crew member (security or vanilla, depending on who was infected). Survivors from end of first alien game:
benga wrote:Alive
Skoffin - Science Officer
Ragian - Science Officer
Samlen - Science Officer
IcePack - Science Officer
DirtyDishSoap - Security Officer

I would normally guess that a guard might equate to a security officer but having two or three security officers in this setup would be a bit too crazy... not quite as crazy as Mitch's theory... but still too crazy for balance. So, the company man and friends could just be story line filler to get the crew back up to 8, in which case we could have any of the proposed setups if one or two the new additions has a power (security or psychic). I'd give a bit more weight to a setup with a security officer since we know one survived from the prequel.... Or, Benga may also have added a whole new town faction (Company) to compete with the current town faction (Survivors).
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby Ragian on Mon May 29, 2017 7:25 am

While understanding the setup is probably supercool (but always too difficult for someone with my limited wit), I always find this very deductive approach to something hypothetical somewhat scummy. Pondering the setup is a good way to appear townie.

@Mudpuppy, have we played in the same mafia games before?
Major Ragian

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Mon May 29, 2017 7:49 am

Ragian wrote:While understanding the setup is probably supercool (but always too difficult for someone with my limited wit), I always find this very deductive approach to something hypothetical somewhat scummy. Pondering the setup is a good way to appear townie.

@Mudpuppy, have we played in the same mafia games before?

It was something that mitch had brought up that I wanted to squish immediately.

But out of everyone here, and since we're burning through daylight rather fast, I'm going to Vote Mitch
Symmetry wrote:
The ram wrote:

Whoosh

Postby Ragian on Mon May 29, 2017 8:58 am

It doesn't say that the two guards from the company and the man from the company isn't part of the game in the OP, though. They could just be flavour, but I don't get why mitch is scummy based on him mentioning them.
Major Ragian

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives