Conquer Club

C9 newbie game TOWN WINS. Feel'n Groovey

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: C9 newbie game DAY ONE BEGINS

Postby NoSurvivors on Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:15 pm

Unvote-- no need to put someone at L-2 yet, especially in a newbie game. Things could get hairy.

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:Welcome to the Confirmed Town team MadMitch. Lets do this

vote wing for not running it by me (Team Captain) before adding members. [-X
persianempire wrote:its when ur food goes bad... you get spoils
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:13 pm

Vote Count

Endgame- Wing
Wing- Endgame, NoS

Takes 4 to lynch

Your vote will not be counted if not highlighted in red.

Deadline is Monday May 3rd

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby dakky21 on Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:08 pm

You didn't said in the first post the votes must be in red. Anyway, that means a lot of votes are invalid, including mine.... Well then...
for now ... till we have some more evidence...
Vote No lynch
Captain dakky21

Postby madmitch on Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:36 pm

I must be mad or stupid,I can,t font red,someone tell me how please
Cadet madmitch

Postby NoSurvivors on Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:45 pm

oh crap it only takes 4? unvote until we muster up a case :oops:
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby NoSurvivors on Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:59 pm

madmitch wrote:I must be mad or stupid,I can,t font red,someone tell me how please

Go to "post reply" and then when it takes you to another page, you will see a bunch of little headings such as quote, code, list etc. Find "Font Colour" and then click on it, you will get a bunch of little colours to choose from. Highlight what you want to make a certain colour, then you can click red or blue or whatever colour you want. Then when you hit submit, it will change your font into said colour. Hope my instructions arent too complicated lol
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby NoSurvivors on Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:17 pm

dakky21 wrote:You didn't said in the first post the votes must be in red. Anyway, that means a lot of votes are invalid, including mine.... Well then...
for now ... till we have some more evidence...
Vote No lynch

I have played a few games, but in my other mafia game people said it was a bad idea to no lynch, although I see the merit. But does anyone know if it is a good idea to no lynch and let mafia do their thing with so few PRs? With only 2 Mafia members, I dont think its a good idea to pressure and out town PRs early. I thought there were 9 of us, but with only 7 it makes it harder for me to decide what is best.

On one hand, if we vote no lynch, we let mafia kill one of 5 townies, bringing us down to 4, possibly or possibly not getting one of the mafia goons if we have a cop, but that is a 1/3 chance.

On the other hand, if lynch someone, we have the possibility of exposing the doc or cop if we have either, and allowing mafia a free PR kill. Also, we have another possibility of killing a townie, which would leave the cop a 2/5 chance of getting a mafia, but there would only be 3 townies left in D2 and it would be a must-lynch-mafia scenario on day 2.

After talking myself through this (Im not sure I have ever played a full game this small, if at all), I think I prefer the no lynch, at the moment.

I challenge someone to voice their opinions on this, as I do not have all the answers, and seeing as though a few of you have played a C9 game before, I would love to hear other opinions.
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby Endgame422 on Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:36 am

This is my 3rd game(second C9) so im by no means the expert but the idea behind no lynch being a no go on day one is you need the information.
2 days without lynching a goon(and 1 or 2 night kills) and the games going to mafia as the smaller number of players means you gotta be quick.
In number of days anyways, no hasty decisions here if we can avoid it.
Lets say we no lynch tonight and i get murdered in my bed.
now its 4town 2scum.
If we lynch a townie there its 3town with the night kill its 2/2 and game goes mafia.
Where as we lynch a townie today and mafia will likely be involved in that,gives our cop/doc more info on who to investigate/save as well as more information for day two where we HAVE to hit scum or its over.
Plus if we hit one of the 2 goons d-1 we will have smooth sailing from there.
Lieutenant Endgame422

Postby NoSurvivors on Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:18 am

Endgame422 wrote:This is my 3rd game(second C9) so im by no means the expert but the idea behind no lynch being a no go on day one is you need the information.
2 days without lynching a goon(and 1 or 2 night kills) and the games going to mafia as the smaller number of players means you gotta be quick.
In number of days anyways, no hasty decisions here if we can avoid it.
Lets say we no lynch tonight and i get murdered in my bed.
now its 4town 2scum.
If we lynch a townie there its 3town with the night kill its 2/2 and game goes mafia.
Where as we lynch a townie today and mafia will likely be involved in that,gives our cop/doc more info on who to investigate/save as well as more information for day two where we HAVE to hit scum or its over.
Plus if we hit one of the 2 goons d-1 we will have smooth sailing from there.

True. Fair point. So perhaps today instead of a no lynch we should have some pressure.

Dakky, you seem to be fairly confident in the no lynch. Sell me on it. Why so quick? I must agree with endgames point about getting at least a bit of info.
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby madmitch on Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:23 am

NOVOTE
Cadet madmitch

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:34 am

NoSurvivors wrote:Unvote-- no need to put someone at L-2 yet, especially in a newbie game. Things could get hairy.

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:Welcome to the Confirmed Town team MadMitch. Lets do this

vote wing for not running it by me (Team Captain) before adding members. [-X

Sorry Cap, I'll run it by you next time. I do enjoy the fact you put me at L-2 in the same post you unvoted End so he wasnt at L-2!

No Lynch is not a good idea for the same reason I am happy to sit at L-2. If both mafia were to pop up and vote for me then we know who they are. Game over. The Mafia will in some form be involved in steering the lynch onto a town player, and in doing so will reveal themelves. Its vital that we have this piece of information for the future days. And as End says, not lynching doesnt buy as anymore time in this set up.

@Madmitch - At the top of the reply box there are lots of little grey boxes, including Bold, Italic, underline and in the middle there is font colour. Just highlight the text and click whichever button you choose. Try them all out to see what they do!

@Marashu - That is very clever logic, I like it :D
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby Marashu on Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:08 am

Yeah, the no-lynch option doesn't give enough information for the disadvantage it gives us (free kill for the mafia and we still need 4 votes to lynch). Lynching, besides bringing out more info from people, gives us a roughly 14% chance at worst (if we're just lynching at random - probably better if we are making sound votes) to kill a mafia, as opposed to the 0% chance that a no lynch gives. It's a great thing for the mafia to push for, though, because it's a way for them to not commit to pushing for any one person.

@madmitch - are you saying that you're abstaining from voting today? Or just at the moment? If it's for the moment, why say that instead of voicing your thoughts? It's implied by the lack of vote that you're not voting. If it's today, well, not only would you be doing us a disservice, rule 14 is that everyone is required to vote.
Captain Marashu

Postby madmitch on Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:29 am

lets try this again,forget about my no vote ,it is foolish.I am taking the stairway to Heaven and Iwant to take nos .VOTE NO SURRENDER, He seems to be switching votes to much.it might mean somethingor not.
Cadet madmitch

Postby dakky21 on Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:20 am

NoSurvivors wrote:Dakky, you seem to be fairly confident in the no lynch. Sell me on it. Why so quick? I must agree with endgames point about getting at least a bit of info.

How did you come to the conclusion I am fairly confident when I said "at least for now". Based on the current evidence, I just don't know who to vote... yet. If this will make you happier: UNVOTE no lynch
After few more pages of the thread, I'm sure we will have more evidence and more information on who is scum and who is not.
Captain dakky21

Postby Slander on Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:25 pm

Voting no lynch is ridiculous. I would always take my 1/3 chance to win the game outright on L1, and anyone who doesn't is either an idiot or scum.
Corporal 1st Class Slander

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:29 pm

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:@Slander - Why vote for the host?

Slander please answer the question
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby dakky21 on Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:26 pm

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:
WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:@Slander - Why vote for the host?

Slander please answer the question

I guess he did the same thing as I did in the official thread... I voted for Dennis Rodman and got lynched first day... lol.
Voting host, no lynch or for a fictional character makes you suspicious, but since I did that just in my last game, I find it acceptable. Learned from it :roll:
Captain dakky21

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:31 pm

Avoiding answering questions on the other hand.... Thats the third time I've asked Slander for an explanation.

Marashu's vote in my initial opinion was a bit scummy, but his explanation was surprisingly well thought through so no case there. Similarly, Slander may have just been playing around, but that still requires an explanation!
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby NoSurvivors on Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:13 pm

dakky21 wrote:
NoSurvivors wrote:Dakky, you seem to be fairly confident in the no lynch. Sell me on it. Why so quick? I must agree with endgames point about getting at least a bit of info.

How did you come to the conclusion I am fairly confident when I said "at least for now". Based on the current evidence, I just don't know who to vote... yet. If this will make you happier: UNVOTE no lynch
After few more pages of the thread, I'm sure we will have more evidence and more information on who is scum and who is not.

I am just curious as to why you wanted a no lynch before we got any information out of anyone or had any time to make a case against anyone acting scummy (and if you didn't want no lynch, why did you vote for it)?
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby NoSurvivors on Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:14 pm

madmitch wrote:lets try this again,forget about my no vote ,it is foolish.I am taking the stairway to Heaven and Iwant to take nos .VOTE NO SURRENDER, He seems to be switching votes to much.it might mean somethingor not.

On day 1, especially coming out of the gate, joke votes are generally acceptable. Any more than 1 or 2 is a bit much, though. I am at least glad wing appreciated my humour ;)
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby madmitch on Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:42 pm

@no surrender were they just joke votes or are you hiding in the shadows.That dawn dog bit me again I need a bandaid and some meds,oh hell just get me the meds
Cadet madmitch

Postby dakky21 on Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:09 pm

NoSurvivors wrote:
dakky21 wrote:

I am just curious as to why you wanted a no lynch before we got any information out of anyone or had any time to make a case against anyone acting scummy (and if you didn't want no lynch, why did you vote for it)?

Probably because I don't know what I am doing. OK, I will VOTE NOS to get pressure. Happy now? I will unvote if we get a better lead, but you are pressuring me.
Captain dakky21

Postby dakky21 on Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:23 pm

Just to be clear, I voted NoSurvivors ... since there is a No surrender vote.... don't know if that is a joke vote or it is misspelled.
Captain dakky21

Postby Slander on Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:48 pm

@Slander - Why vote for the host?

Thats the third time I've asked Slander for an explanation.

You had asked the question once when I posted. Your single question multiplied into three that I "avoid[ed] answering" before I could even log on again.
I don't know your situation, but there are days when I only have time to read the thread and reply once.

I will answer your question with a question of my own: why not?

On a related note, how am I supposed to trust you if you throw baseless accusations around every game, even in the ones you aren't mob?
While probing is great for getting a read on someone, it's also a fairly pro-goon strategy. As I learned in my first game, it doesn't take much to develop a case on someone D1.
Corporal 1st Class Slander

Postby madmitch on Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:15 pm

sorry I meant I VOTE NO SURVIVORS
Cadet madmitch

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives