Conquer Club

Game of Thrones Night 3: The King's Hand, Justice and Guard

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Game of Thrones Day 1 Winter is coming

Postby Bleed_Green on Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:12 am

BGtheBrain wrote:I have my list of who I think is guilty and not guilty I have read this thing forward and backwards and by author. So I went through to see what I could find on some of my suspects, so I really am digging through some posts here and Im trying to figure out Bleed Green. He has been pretty quiet during this day except to point out that Iliad has used different colors. So I went through all of his posts and possibly could have found a slip up in his wording when talking about his Safari vote. This may be nothing, but he is on my suspect list and he is sayign eh voted for Saf and uses a positive phrase when talking about the town while speaking of the mafia he uses negative language.

(Color is for effect)
Bleed_Green wrote:I wanted to make sure I had the full scope of his role prior to casting a vote for him cause I seen the benefits that he possessed for the town and but also the detrimental knowledge that he could lead mafia to a victory

vote Bleed_Green

I think that this is pretty funny. You are voting for me cause I did not like the idea of Saf giving the mafia information about town. As I recall but I will have to look back a little more and see but you were also against Saf living. I find this case on me to very interesting especially since your name has been up all day with the quick lynch, I am thinking that you are trying to get the attention off of you and on to me. I will definitely claim but I really would like BG to claim first, I am going to go back but I think there is something completely fishy with BG now....

Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach him to phish and he'll charge your credit card for lunch forever. ;)
Captain Bleed_Green

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:11 am

Bleed_Green wrote:I will definitely claim but I really would like BG to claim first, I am going to go back but I think there is something completely fishy with BG now....

Why do you want BG to claim first? It shouldn't matter; the mafia were all likely given fake claims.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Re: Game of Thrones Day 3: You Win or You Die

Postby kwanton on Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:59 am

Rodion wrote:Kwanton, I fail to understand how suspecting Nag/Cersei to be the godfather would prevent you from attempting to kill him. Did you target anyone for a NK on N1?

99% of the games I've played on this site the mafia GF is permanent un-NKable. I'd actually forgotten about the 1 shot NK protection until you brought it up. I'd assumed it was the same for this.

Also, I don't vig N1. Ever. Not after the incident my first game. LSU never let me live that down. :oops:
Click the Esoog!
Cook kwanton

Postby strike wolf on Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:01 am

Were you the one who shot the doc? then the cop? and then won after being recruited by cult?

Honestly I'm not sure what to make of this game. If Rodion is telling the truth than there were 6 potential kills n1...If there are indeed 4 total mafia (that sounds more likely as it seems the point was to put Rodion at odds with Safariguy so it makes more sense that there would be 4 mafia in that perspective) than this game could have potentially been over after night 1 (if the godfather was lynched Day 1 or is not bulletproof (bulletproof Godfathers have become less common but iliad did use one in the Buffy mafia and if there really are 6 killing roles then he would almost have to be in this game)). It's hard to believe the mod would balance it that way. Plus between his cop/vig ability and the information he could have gotten from safari, Eddard Stark's role would be very powerful. I have little reason to doubt Rody but this all seems very haphazard and I'm having a bit of trouble wrapping my head around how this balances out (The scenario could just as easily lead to a situation where town is decimated after only two nights but either way this would make it highly likely the game goes very quickly and that makes it harder for me to gauge the balance).
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby edocsil on Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:26 am

Victor Sullivan wrote:
Bleed_Green wrote:I will definitely claim but I really would like BG to claim first, I am going to go back but I think there is something completely fishy with BG now....

Why do you want BG to claim first? It shouldn't matter; the mafia were all likely given fake claims.

-Sully

Yeah, the order really doesn't mater much here, whoever doesn't claim one of the know roles is likely going to be vigged.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby BGtheBrain on Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:26 am

Last edited by BGtheBrain on Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain BGtheBrain

Postby edocsil on Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:27 pm

The longer you delay the less time we have to get a possibly productive lynch. your not earning any townie points in my books.
Edoc'sil

Postby BGtheBrain on Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:38 pm

Last edited by BGtheBrain on Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain BGtheBrain

Postby kwanton on Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:43 pm

At this point I'd also like to reveal that my PM says that my father is away.

Eddard=Rob stark's father? This has confused me the whole game. I wasn't sure if it was just a flavor thing or the mod meant to imply eddard is not in this game.
Click the Esoog!
Cook kwanton

Postby Rodion on Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:06 pm

kwanton wrote:At this point I'd also like to reveal that my PM says that my father is away.

Eddard=Rob stark's father? This has confused me the whole game. I wasn't sure if it was just a flavor thing or the mod meant to imply eddard is not in this game.

It seems Eddard is Rob's father, but my role PM and my powers clearly indicate that he IS in the game.

Can you disclose as much as possible of this part of your PM without breaking rule #3?

Iliad wrote:3. Do not quote any PMs you receive from the moderator or another player. You may say your name, role, associated abilities. This is a serious offence and could earn you a modkill.
General Rodion

Postby / on Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:17 pm

I am Bran Stark, flavor cop, I dream wierd things to hint at who a player is, which is slightly unfortunate since the mod said flavor knowledge wasn't needed.
when I mentioned this he has been kind enough to make the clue a bit more obvious I think.

Night one I investigated jonty, and got a result about a fair girl chained to a lion.
night two I investigated mr.s and got a dream about someone I can't see, obscured and alone in an empty castle, and a feeling of a benevolent force, then mom tossing herself out of the window (no clue if that's related to the investigation, or just some fluff from the death scene)
meaning squirrel is confrmed or intensely investigation immune.

if my claim is unbelievable in any way, you could always choose someone to not claim and I can tell you their flavor tomorrow.

if not, right now I'm leaning towards vic for obvious reasons and suggest any watcher roles watch me so you can at least catch someone blocking/killing me if things go bad.
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby strike wolf on Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:37 pm

That description seems to fit better with Lysa Arryn than Robert Baratheon..the flavor around Rob's role makes sense. He was left to lead the house of Stark while Eddard was AWAY in Westeros acting as HOTK. Well I'm Theon Greyjoy. I am town but I can only win with town as long as Eddard or Rob Stark survive. My pm doesn't say but it is strongly suggested that if they die I become third party.

I kind of doubt that Cersei would be both role blocker and godfather so I stick to my earlier post about Tywin being the probabale godfather.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby pancakemix on Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:10 pm

/ wrote:if my claim is unbelievable in any way, you could always choose someone to not claim and I can tell you their flavor tomorrow.

If we want to do this, I suggest BG should be the one not to claim.

strike wolf wrote:I kind of doubt that Cersei would be both role blocker and godfather so I stick to my earlier post about Tywin being the probabale godfather.

Safari stated that Cersei would be the one to get information, though. I'm starting to think there might not be a GF proper.

I am Renly Baratheon.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby edocsil on Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:17 pm

/ wrote:I am Bran Stark, flavor cop, I dream wierd things to hint at who a player is, which is slightly unfortunate since the mod said flavor knowledge wasn't needed.
when I mentioned this he has been kind enough to make the clue a bit more obvious I think.

Night one I investigated jonty, and got a result about a fair girl chained to a lion.
night two I investigated mr.s and got a dream about someone I can't see, obscured and alone in an empty castle, and a feeling of a benevolent force, then mom tossing herself out of the window (no clue if that's related to the investigation, or just some fluff from the death scene)

if my claim is unbelievable in any way, you could always choose someone to not claim and I can tell you their flavor tomorrow.

if not, right now I'm leaning towards vic for obvious reasons and suggest any watcher roles watch me so you can at least catch someone blocking/killing me if things go bad.

Humh. I don't know if I believe this one. You should have told us who Jonty was D2, it would have completely confirmed his story.
Edoc'sil

Postby Mr. Squirrel on Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:22 pm

/ wrote:Night one I investigated jonty, and got a result about a fair girl chained to a lion.

The jonty investigation makes perfect sense.

The second one sounds like you got busdrivered. The investigation doesn't really apply to Robert, but it fits Catelyn perfectly.

The two players that I haven't heard claim yet (that I assume would be in this game) are Stannis Baratheon and Grand Maester Pycelle. My role has to do with the small council, and those are the only two who are on it that haven't claimed yet. My PM doesn't say that all members of the council are in this game, but I assumed they would be.

Here's a little recap of what everyone claimed:
Squirrel - King Robert
/ - Bran Stark - flavor cop
Kwan - Rob Stark - vig
Strike - Theon Greyjoy - must have rob and eddard alive to win
PCM - Renly Baratheon
Rodion - Petyr Baelish - HoTK tracker?
Edocsil - the Hound - vig
Victor Sullivan - Barristan Selmy - hated townie?

No Claims:
BGthebrain
Bleed green
Haggis Mcmutton
pmchugh wrote:If I wasn't lazy, I would sig that :lol:
Lieutenant Mr. Squirrel

Postby strike wolf on Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:18 pm

but rodion is the busdriver and he drove himself witth catelyn so that's not possible. That is a good question about why he didn't say anything about Jonty though it's probable lack of flavor knowledge.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby edocsil on Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:52 pm

strike wolf wrote:but rodion is the busdriver and he drove himself witth catelyn so that's not possible. That is a good question about why he didn't say anything about Jonty though it's probable lack of flavor knowledge.

Yeah, I guess that one would have been hard to call without knowing the series.
Edoc'sil

Postby BGtheBrain on Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:00 pm

Captain BGtheBrain

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:01 pm

Again, not familiar with the series but thinking aloud here:

strike wolf's character seems to be connected with the Starks, but why not Bran Stark? Seems a bit odd to me.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby Haggis_McMutton on Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:40 pm

Massclaim, really?

18. Mafia have fakeclaims. Repeat, mafia have fakeclaims. This is a themed game but I am willing to not include a few characters all in order so that the game works. I'm afraid you''ll have to try and win this the traditional way.

I have a bad feeling about this plan ...

Ugh, don't like the position I've been put in here but I don't exactly have much choice now.

I'm Eddard Stark, HotK. Rodion pretty much revealed everything else.
Seriously, couldn't you have maybe forgot to mention the one shot vig part ...
Highest score: 3063; Highest position: 67;
Winner of {World War II tournament, -team 2010 Skilled Diversity, [FuN||Chewy]-[XII] USA};
8-3-7
Major Haggis_McMutton

Postby edocsil on Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:14 pm

BGtheBrain wrote:Im not going to claim.
Have / investigate me tonight this will be a win-win

You will be hung or killed in the night if you do not comply.
Edoc'sil

Postby Bleed_Green on Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:24 pm

I am Araya... tom boy of the family and currently in training.

Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach him to phish and he'll charge your credit card for lunch forever. ;)
Captain Bleed_Green

Postby BGtheBrain on Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:31 pm

Captain BGtheBrain

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:57 pm

*Sigh*

Vote BGtheBrain

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby pancakemix on Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:56 pm

If you'd like, I can give you BG's flavor name.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives