Conquer Club

End Game: Town Wins! (Island Mafia)

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Ending Island Day 1: False Paradise (Confirm if needed)

Postby jonty125 on Fri May 17, 2013 11:50 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
zimmah wrote:i can only speak for myself but for me it only made it more confusing.

I can echo this. When you said you were being serial, I thought you meant serious.

Yeah the "super serial" confused me as well.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sat May 18, 2013 2:50 am

jonty125 wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:
zimmah wrote:i can only speak for myself but for me it only made it more confusing.

I can echo this. When you said you were being serial, I thought you meant serious.

Yeah the "super serial" confused me as well.

Yeah, in hindsight, it wasn't a smart choice to use it. I tend to use it only when i'm joking, like I do with friends. My bad.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Re: Ending Island Day 1: False Paradise

Postby aage on Sat May 18, 2013 3:33 am

Oh, seriously?
South Park, anyone?

I'm pretty sure that the fact that people are not into sarcasm and ironic jokes is the only reason this is confusing. Lighten up. It isn't war (yet).
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby zimmah on Sat May 18, 2013 5:26 am

aage wrote:Oh, seriously?
South Park, anyone?

I'm pretty sure that the fact that people are not into sarcasm and ironic jokes is the only reason this is confusing. Lighten up. It isn't war (yet).

You can't expect everyone to remember every possible reference from every possible movie/series/cartoon, and sarcasm isn't always easy to detect, especially not in a game where the only tells come from someone's posts.

It's not that we don't like jokes or sarcasm, it's just not a good place to use it here. Okay, it was still in the joke vote stage, but it sounded serious enough to trigger a chain reaction, basically ending said stage.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Sat May 18, 2013 9:23 am

zimmah wrote:
aage wrote:Oh, seriously?
South Park, anyone?

You can't expect everyone to remember every possible reference from every possible movie/series/cartoon, and sarcasm isn't always easy to detect, especially not in a game where the only tells come from someone's posts.

It's not that we don't like jokes or sarcasm, it's just not a good place to use it here. Okay, it was still in the joke vote stage, but it sounded serious enough to trigger a chain reaction, basically ending said stage.

I likewise thought "super serial" was just the way you kids say "I'm really serious." I'm still going to unvote, as this has at least brought us some discussion that's not a joke, and I appreciate that.

At this point, it seems as if aage and TheForgivenOne are somewhat hand in hand, while Jonty and Zimmah are hand in hand with their analysis. Doesn't mean anything yet, but just noting it for future reference.

Seems like thechuck, safariguy and gregwolf need to report in after "ending" joke votes.
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby gregwolf121 on Sat May 18, 2013 12:41 pm

yeah, meant to post last night but had to go help some neighbors, so first off, unvote, secondly basically all my other topics have been brought up, basically i too was confused by TFO coment, so yeah
Captain gregwolf121

Postby thechuck51 on Sat May 18, 2013 3:41 pm

unvote vote manbearpig

Seriously though unvote

I think too much is being made of Doom's vote. I read it as he was pouring a little out for his homie if that makes any sense.
Sergeant 1st Class thechuck51

Postby rishaed on Sat May 18, 2013 6:06 pm

new guy1 wrote:
As a forewarning, this is a no vanilla game. The name of Island mafia is strictly for storymaking only. There is a hidden theme to the game that will be announced at the end for those who wish to know, though if you can figure it out in the game, it may make a large difference in how the game plays out.

So a few things to keep conversation going. I'm sure that we have an SK/PGO and a GF in this game from start up scene. That being said they are awful shots. They hit the only two Vt's in the game. more to come in observations later tonight
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby rishaed on Sat May 18, 2013 7:00 pm

rishaed wrote:
new guy1 wrote:
As a forewarning, this is a no vanilla game. The name of Island mafia is strictly for storymaking only. There is a hidden theme to the game that will be announced at the end for those who wish to know, though if you can figure it out in the game, it may make a large difference in how the game plays out.

So a few things to keep conversation going. I'm sure that we have an SK/PGO and a GF in this game from start up scene. That being said they are awful shots. They hit the only two Vt's in the game. more to come in observations later tonight

Gonna quote to keep it together. The reason I think we may have a PGO is that she visited the "food Source" And he killed her to prevent her from telling others about his farm. The hidden twist I think can be either good/bad he says it will affect how the game plays out, if it affects how the mafia play and benifits them it would be bad. However If we as town could figure the twist out w/out letting Scum know, then we might be able to use it to our advantage. Obvious right? The question becomes how to figure the hidden theme out. I am assuming that there will be a common thread in all of the scenes, but ever so slight as not to give it away. Any other thoughts on what I've said so far?
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby new guy1 on Sat May 18, 2013 8:08 pm

Official Vote Count:

Doom: Aage (L-6)
Chuck: Sheepofdumb (L-6)
Sheep: Safariguy (L-6)
IB: doom (L-6)

Out of game, but not out of mind:
Freezie: IB

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Deadline is in 7 days.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby zimmah on Sun May 19, 2013 6:32 am

rishaed wrote:
rishaed wrote:
new guy1 wrote:

Gonna quote to keep it together. The reason I think we may have a PGO is that she visited the "food Source" And he killed her to prevent her from telling others about his farm. The hidden twist I think can be either good/bad he says it will affect how the game plays out, if it affects how the mafia play and benifits them it would be bad. However If we as town could figure the twist out w/out letting Scum know, then we might be able to use it to our advantage. Obvious right? The question becomes how to figure the hidden theme out. I am assuming that there will be a common thread in all of the scenes, but ever so slight as not to give it away. Any other thoughts on what I've said so far?

The game started with a day phase. Not a night phase, so the NPC kills are not actual night actions, but can still point us towards night actions. I don't think it's a PGO either because he seemed to be an expert killer rather than a paranoid guy who just randomly pulls the trigger. It seems therefore more like an SK. So, a mafia faction as well as an SK seem plausible.

I'm not sure what the food has to do with it, but it might just be flavor, it's pretty clear that some (probably global) apocalypse happened, Altough it's not known what kind of disaster happened, and how long ago it was, and how severe, etc. but food seems to be scarse, either worldwide or only on the island. I'm not sure if this has any effect other than flavor though.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby safariguy5 on Sun May 19, 2013 12:40 pm

unvote

About the beginning scene, I would lean towards SKer as well. With a 13 person game, I think it would support a 3-4 person mafia and a SKer.
Captain safariguy5

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun May 19, 2013 3:30 pm

I guess I will read the scene.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby rishaed on Sun May 19, 2013 4:34 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:I guess I will read the scene.

Vote DoomYoshi for not reading the Opening Scene on D1. Its like our only source of completely trustworthy information that we have. Why wouldn't we want to read it as town? Mafia=OP scenes are not important, can skip. Town= OP scene is very important, we now know we have a SK&GF and not just a plain Mafia Faction.

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sun May 19, 2013 5:10 pm

Really? You didn't read the scene? :-s That's a little... odd? Lazy?
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sun May 19, 2013 5:13 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:

Really? You didn't read the scene? :-s That's a little... odd? Lazy?

EBWOP:

I have to agree that I don't believe it's a PGO. He went out of his way to kill the person, and you'd believe this is what an SK/Maf would do.
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby new guy1 on Sun May 19, 2013 5:53 pm

Official Vote Count:

Doom: Aage, Rishaed (L-5)
Chuck: Sheepofdumb (L-6)
IB: doom (L-6)

Out of game, but not out of mind:
Freezie: IB

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Deadline is in 6 days.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Sun May 19, 2013 9:38 pm

rishaed wrote:

Vote DoomYoshi for not reading the Opening Scene on D1. Its like our only source of completely trustworthy information that we have. Why wouldn't we want to read it as town? Mafia=OP scenes are not important, can skip. Town= OP scene is very important, we now know we have a SK&GF and not just a plain Mafia Faction.

Now this is interesting...why/how do we know that there is a GF? I'm assuming that GF = Godfather. So, how do we know that? What the opening scene tells us is: 1. There are two killers. That's it.

We can make some assumptions:

1. There is a mafia faction. (why else play "mafia"?)
2. There is another killer. (most likely a SK/serial killer)

So, rishaed...why do you say "we now know we have a SK&GF"? I think there could be a GF, but you sound so certain. :-s
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby rishaed on Sun May 19, 2013 9:58 pm

new guy1 wrote:
Meanwhile, on an unknown beach, a man stands alone looking at the same sunset, unknowing to the recent events. He takes a sip of the Whiskey he brought from his bomb shelter, one of his only remaining ones. He wanted to rule the people on this island, and he was willing to die for it. One person had tried to tell the group of his plans, and as he pushed the body into the ocean with his foot, he wondered how many more it would take before he could sleep with peace of mind, knowing he would be the one who lead the charge back to civilization. As the sun set behind the horizon, he downed the last of his Whiskey and tossed the glass into the ocean. He went to bed with a sound mind that night, dreaming of murder and treason.

Abel- NPC has been stabbed and killed
Katherine- NPC has been shot and killed

Hmm my first impression from this part of the scene was that he was the ringleader. He dreams of treason so Mafia for certain, however I was thinking GF from this part of the scene. After a reread I'm not certain though. However I want to stick with my gut on this one and say that it implies more of a GF feel to this character than anything.

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun May 19, 2013 10:50 pm

And we went from interesting discussion to inane in one page. I was going to "contribute" but thought better of it.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby rishaed on Sun May 19, 2013 11:45 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:And we went from interesting discussion to inane in one page. I was going to "contribute" but thought better of it.

Why don't you? Playing reserved is hardly your style of play. And I still want contribution. I just find it extremely odd that you would not have read the scene.

Postby Iron Butterfly on Mon May 20, 2013 12:09 am

I am back in action.

Why the hell would someone not read the opening scene?

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon May 20, 2013 2:56 am

Nebuchadnezer wrote:
rishaed wrote:

Now this is interesting...why/how do we know that there is a GF? I'm assuming that GF = Godfather. So, how do we know that? What the opening scene tells us is: 1. There are two killers. That's it.

We can make some assumptions:

1. There is a mafia faction. (why else play "mafia"?)
2. There is another killer. (most likely a SK/serial killer)

So, rishaed...why do you say "we now know we have a SK&GF"? I think there could be a GF, but you sound so certain. :-s

That is true, but new guy1 has said this is a no Nilla Game. So there shouldn't be any Nilla Townies, but this could apply to Nilla Mafia's too.
Isn't the general "Big man" of the mafia usually a gf? Or am I wrong? :-s (I could be jumping to conclusions, I tend to do that too often.)
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby aage on Mon May 20, 2013 3:30 am

The opening scene is as uninteresting as this discussion... The flavour tells us there are two killing factions, period. Quite obvious, isn't it?
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby zimmah on Mon May 20, 2013 5:33 am

rishaed wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:And we went from interesting discussion to inane in one page. I was going to "contribute" but thought better of it.

Why don't you? Playing reserved is hardly your style of play. And I still want contribution. I just find it extremely odd that you would not have read the scene.

I agree, doom is almost trying to get himself lynched. Could he be a jester?
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives