Conquer Club

[OFFICIAL] C9 Mafia - GAME OVER - TOWN WINS!!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [OFFICIAL] C9 Mafia - Day 1 (Soft deadline 4/18)

Postby StorrZerg on Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:26 am

Goes from 1 being mafia, to maybe both, to maybe none... yeah...

Idk that was a little weird.

Fp.. thought I had this posted 20 mins ago. Phone bleeaahh

Reading your post endgame
Major StorrZerg

Postby StorrZerg on Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:48 am

unvote
vote virus

Yeah, not looking for a claim yet, but I'm expecting more.
Major StorrZerg

Postby Slander on Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:05 pm

You cant just stay mostly absent and then vote for someone without an explanation.... Thats a quick way to get lynched. Either you're mafia, or you're town not helping us root out the mafia. Minimial risk lynching.

I have a good 4-5 posts in the thread and I've already said what I found fishy about Mudpuppy.
You have a point though: my vote is suspect at best, harmful at worst. I'm trying my best to acquire some kind of read here, but I honestly feel like I have no idea who the trash might be.

I only threw out a vote because I saw "Vote count tomorrow" posted by mod. I understand now that this meant just a tally, not an actual vote.

Unvote mudpuppy
Corporal 1st Class Slander

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:11 pm

Unvote Slander
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby Endgame422 on Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:39 pm

So now it looks like me voting for WCG storr voting for virus and virus for MP
So nobody has more than a single vote against them.
Why did you unvote though WCG?
Lieutenant Endgame422

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:48 pm

I believe it is fair to chalk that one up to inexperience for Slander rather than anything else.

I return to my original stance, that one of IB or Storr will receive my vote for lynch this day. Still early days though.

If I had a power role - I'd cop check Mudpuppy, and doc save Endgame.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby elonpuckhog on Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:59 pm

Vote Count

WCG (1) - Endgame422
MudPuppy (1) - virus90
virus90 (1) - storrzegg

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Soft deadline 4/18, 9 AM CCT

2 reminders

1) DO NOT edit your post. EVER.
2) It is advisable not to argue with me, or state how things usually go in these games. Frankly, I don't care. If the vote is bolded, that should be enough to grab my attention. I'm not in the business of not counting votes because someone didn't include the color code.
Corporal 1st Class elonpuckhog

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:05 pm

Apologies on the post edit. For the record I mucked up the formating on "unvote slander" and wondered what the quickedit button did. Assumed it was a short timescale allowance for correcting spelling mistakes, appears not. My bad.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby virus90 on Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:26 pm

first of all i was responding to
WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:Storr has voted IB too. So if none of Storr, IB and Endgame are Mafia, then two mafia can jump in and lynch IB.

Thats only a technicality though as it would be pretty obvious who to lynch day 2. Just thought I'd point it out before you say that IB isnt in any danger.

as a further explanation to guys that are new. and my view on L2 (lynch if 2 people vote this person aswell).

as for the mudpuppy part your right, i now see that i missed that. did a quick scan and post before going to work, messed up.
didnt expect any other explanation then that we got, but thought it wasnt adressed yet.
unvote

wingcmdr, care to further go on with your comment of last saturday?
WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:My two cents here:

It really does feel like one of Iron Butterfly and Storr is Mafia. Not a clue which one at the moment.

in my opinion that was a bit early to say,
he does have a maybe nice idea of the possible copcheck thing. but then again its mafia, the game is about turning and twisting and being secretive etc, so how much is it worth? besides, it is possibly defendable by votes you make. and for mafia if they have a roleblocker ideal. as to who to block, if they have a blocker. so it all depends on the setup again and semantics of what people do etc.
i think its more usefull in a way as in which it is indicative of who you are suspicious of / want to check, but that might have been your idea all along? got the feeling that storr means it in a more official way as to possibly check claims.
well anyway to answer the cop question, i would check wing or storr at this point.
wing because of the quick judgement on storr/ib, and a list post which was also too early - hence not worth much.
storr because of being storr. he tends to be a big talker and big influence better check that before blindly sheeping. and is always quick to point fingers to others for lack of content while not being the most generous in reads of people either. (not saying not posting, but meaning you especially ask question while not showing your own hand)

on a side note: i am indeed not a native english speaker, i think my english in general is good and understandable but things like tone or trying to get the thought/spirit of a sentence (writing or reading) are sometimes hard for me, it is kind a hard to get my intention of what i try to say to the words that you read. this results in some sentences which might be a bit odd/hard to understand for you.
Its not an excuse for everything / get out of jail free card, and i dont want to use it that way, but it might sometimes explain strange sentences.
Major virus90

Postby MudPuppy on Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:39 pm

virus90 wrote:he does have a maybe nice idea of the possible copcheck thing. but then again its mafia, the game is about turning and twisting and being secretive etc, so how much is it worth? besides, it is possibly defendable by votes you make. and for mafia if they have a roleblocker ideal. as to who to block, if they have a blocker. so it all depends on the setup again and semantics of what people do etc.

No Mafia power roles in this game... just exactly two goons.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby Slander on Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:50 pm

well anyway to answer the cop question, i would check wing or storr at this point.
wing because of the quick judgement on storr/ib, and a list post which was also too early - hence not worth much.

I don't see why something like making a list post should be held against him. Maybe it's not worth much early on, so what? It would seem that a thorough analysis can only benefit us. If each of us are afraid to have opinions early on, how are we supposed to narrow down the mob after someone is killed?

I am still suspicious of MudPuppy, I would probably copcheck him. I think Storr, WCG, and Endgame are Townies.
I'm willing to sheep a vote on anyone but them.

Postby MudPuppy on Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:21 pm

Slander wrote:I am still suspicious of MudPuppy, I would probably copcheck him. I think Storr, WCG, and Endgame are Townies.

I understand you being suspicious of me but that's a big group you feel are cleared already (can't say I have a strong Town feeling about anyone yet). We've just started the game and you're already declaring you won't vote for them?!?! Can you give some specifics of why you feel those guys are so Town that they've been removed from consideration? Seems a bit premature to me.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby StorrZerg on Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:27 pm

I think someone's jelly.

Btw slander, most of my input has been non alignment indicative, it's been general advice that is pro towN.
Major StorrZerg

Postby Endgame422 on Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:52 pm

Slander wrote:I don't see why something like making a list post should be held against him. Maybe it's not worth much early on, so what? It would seem that a thorough analysis can only benefit us. If each of us are afraid to have opinions early on, how are we supposed to narrow down the mob after someone is killed?

I am still suspicious of MudPuppy, I would probably copcheck him. I think Storr, WCG, and Endgame are Townies.

Im 33 percent sure your right.
But WCG seems prime to me so im going to disagree here.
If you and WCG were mafia together why protect storr and myself?
If you and storr were the mafia why protect me and WCG?
Thats a strange play either way.
MP seems kinda defensive of being on the short list to get lynched.
Sweating maybe?
Virus is on the ESL card,also seems defensive considering his English so far has been pretty quality.
WCG remains my vote. I called him out and he unvoted.looks like hes covering his tracks to me.
Lieutenant Endgame422

Postby virus90 on Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:39 pm

as i said in my post i dont want to use the language barrier thing as an excuse, IB brought it up and i felt like i should give some further information. a post like storr just made:

StorrZerg wrote:I think someone's jelly.

or your ESL thats whats hard for to me, i have to urban dictionairy/google these. so the more culturaly dependent things, and things like tone these are hard for a non native, to read between the lines. in the same way i have trouble to get my point across sometimes.

so that was the point i was trying to make in my last post.
but if that wasnt clear in my last post i think we have a case and point, if i use that term correctly...

but enough about language, its distracting.

@ slander:
Slander wrote:I don't see why something like making a list post should be held against him. Maybe it's not worth much early on, so what? It would seem that a thorough analysis can only benefit us. If each of us are afraid to have opinions early on, how are we supposed to narrow down the mob after someone is killed?

its not the list post in general it is the way in which easy points are made. a couple of general comments without much insight or opinion. just - good bad - neutral in general. a possibly easy way to appear towny while being mafia. and the list post was made that early thats not based on much in my opinion so maybe easy points scoring.
the 2nd part your right we need opinions, and i like them a lot but just saying: i think he is towny without much more is not worth that much, but thats just my opinion ;)
Major virus90

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:53 pm

Endgame422 wrote:
Slander wrote:If you and WCG were mafia together why protect storr and myself?
WCG remains my vote. I called him out and he unvoted.looks like hes covering his tracks to me.

1st point. I would protect you as your suggestion of doc makes me think that if anyone is doc it is you. There is a massive problem that I cant protect you for being doc, for to do so I would have to be doc.

2nd point. I voted Slander to draw a response out of him. Nothing more.

@Virus - You make some good points for which I cannot really defend myself. All I am trying to do is raise the level of conversation such that someone makes a mistake. For as you say, opinions without supporting evidence are meaningless in themselves, however, the more opinions we have to build cases from the better. Two people must, whether consciously or not, be working together here.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby Slander on Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:07 pm

I understand you being suspicious of me but that's a big group you feel are cleared already (can't say I have a strong Town feeling about anyone yet). We've just started the game and you're already declaring you won't vote for them?!?!

I'll vote for them if someone convinces me they could be mafia, but not just to appease the crowd.

Can you give some specifics of why you feel those guys are so Town that they've been removed from consideration?

Absolutely. WCQ is drawing way too much attention to himself to be mob. It's possible that he is playing the part extremely well and faking me out really hard, but it sure doesn't feel like it. Storr and Endgame have won some of my trust because they have presented some level of consistency and a general lack of spin on what they are saying. It's eerie when I sense that someone is intentionally mentioning or diverting a topic to exert control over the discussion, and I think I've seen that in several of your posts. Even now you're going back and forth on how you react to being even remotely accused. If you aren't scum then you are probably cop/doc. Who knows?

Postby MudPuppy on Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:37 am

Slander wrote:I'll vote for them if someone convinces me they could be mafia, but not just to appease the crowd.

Fair enough... but going along with someone else's case is what sheeping a vote is (as opposed to coming up with your own case)... not typically just to appease them regardless of their case... that would be unwise.

StorrZerg wrote:I think someone's jelly.
Endgame422 wrote:MP seems kinda defensive of being on the short list to get lynched.
Sweating maybe?
Slander wrote:It's eerie when I sense that someone is intentionally mentioning or diverting a topic to exert control over the discussion, and I think I've seen that in several of your posts. Even now you're going back and forth on how you react to being even remotely accused. If you aren't scum then you are probably cop/doc. Who knows?

Not sure what ya'll ("all of you" for virus) are basing my ultra-defensiveness on. I think I referenced the "case(s)" against me thrice: 1) responding to Storr's question directed to me; 2) responding to slander's question directed to me... and 3) where I said I understand slander's suspicion of me. I don't see how my reaction has been "going back and forth." Actually, I'm not terribly bothered by the accusations... nor am I especially irked that I'm being portrayed as a flip-flopping, "sweating" mass of "jelly." :P ... but I do find the comments curious since I don't see what they're based on... so I'm guessing they're mostly prods for a reaction... so, there's my reaction... defensive enough for ya. ;)

Gonna go ahead and Vote StorrZerg based on my earlier case... that his comment saying that one mislynch puts us at lylo was, rather than a mere statement of fact, perhaps a planted seed meant to instill fear of going with a D1 lynch.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby StorrZerg on Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:00 am

Your theory can only be proven if I push no lynch, or I fail to ensure a lynch. ...

Yet since this is the only thing you are pushing, it's easy for me if my original intentions happened to be no lynch to change it up and prove you wrong.

So besides that I know my intentions, it's easy to prove my motivation since I can show patterns of my day 1 voting.

I do not believe as any alignment I have no lynched day 1 on cc Mafia. It would take a very weird game / setup to change how I feel about day 1 lynching.

Back to you pushing this wild claim, it really feels like you are grasping at straws trying to make a case out of nothing. Specially since you are not even trying to evolve your case as the day progresses. you could be adding in other accusations, or calling on others thoughts for your case, but you are not. Makes me believe that you are half harted in this push and more likely scummy.
Major StorrZerg

Postby MudPuppy on Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:35 am

StorrZerg wrote:Your theory can only be proven if I push no lynch, or I fail to ensure a lynch. ...

I'm not claiming to be able to prove my theory... I'm just putting it forth as the best lead I've come up with on D1.

StorrZerg wrote:Yet since this is the only thing you are pushing, it's easy for me if my original intentions happened to be no lynch to change it up and prove you wrong.

So besides that I know my intentions, it's easy to prove my motivation since I can show patterns of my day 1 voting.

I do not believe as any alignment I have no lynched day 1 on cc Mafia. It would take a very weird game / setup to change how I feel about day 1 lynching.

My theory is not that you were going to vote no-lynch on D1... my theory is that you were trying to influence others to vote no-lynch on D1... if they did so, you wouldn't have to.

StorrZerg wrote:Back to you pushing this wild claim, it really feels like you are grasping at straws trying to make a case out of nothing. Specially since you are not even trying to evolve your case as the day progresses. you could be adding in other accusations, or calling on others thoughts for your case, but you are not. Makes me believe that you are half harted in this push and more likely scummy.

I wish I had more ammo to push my claim... but it's D1 and I don't. You've reasonably explained that you were just making a statement of fact (but I still have my doubts). I'm placing my vote on what I interpreted as a scummy statement. I fully admit it's not a lot to go on... I think I was actually the first to use the "grasping at straws" phrase to refer to my case... Still, there is a basis for my claim. I could be wrong but it's what I'm going with. Others can decide for themselves if they feel there is any merit to it.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:10 am

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:
Endgame422 wrote:
Slander wrote:If you and WCG were mafia together why protect storr and myself?

1st point. I would protect you as your suggestion of doc makes me think that if anyone is doc it is you. There is a massive problem that I cant protect you for being doc, for to do so I would have to be doc.

2nd point. I voted Slander to draw a response out of him. Nothing more.

@Virus - You make some good points for which I cannot really defend myself. All I am trying to do is raise the level of conversation such that someone makes a mistake. For as you say, opinions without supporting evidence are meaningless in themselves, however, the more opinions we have to build cases from the better. Two people must, whether consciously or not, be working together here.

VOTE WCG

As town the job of a VT is to draw attention to themselves, to focus fire away from possible PRs being night killed. We do not know if there are PR's BUT you suspect if there is a Doc Endgame would be it. You have just told everyone you are not a doc. Weather we realize it or not this is a team game in many aspects. A player does not lose if he dies a player loses if his team dies. You basically said I think you may be a doc and I am not the doc so can not help. I doubt you are cop because not only do we have a 50% chance you are not cop we also have to take into consideration what are the odds that you are either mafia or VT this game? A stupid mistake on your part? Possibly. I will say that one of my metas is that I am always suspect of those who try really hard to sound like Town and boy did your statement fit the bill.

Day one is always a pain in the arse due to lack of information and like others recognize that many times our judgments are made not on what people say but how people respond to what we say.I opened the game by voting Storr. I did so knowing how he plays, for the most part anyways. He knew my vote was not real and I knew he knew my vote was not real. There was no case BUT it achieved the desired effect. People responding.
Storr and I did not have a fight...by any nature. We were feeling each other out. For the most part I lean Town with him. Could I be wrong? Yes. All we can do is weigh the evidence from our experience and what is presented.

I have never mastered how to multi post so I will do several posts.

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:54 am

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:1. WingCmdr Ginkapo - Obviously Town, but I presume you will make your own judgement on this.
2. Iron Butterfly - Made the initial call on Storr, but that could be a veteran calling out another veteran to get things going. Does seem quite bothered by Storr's counter claim when we all know no-one knows anything.
3. virus90 - tbc
4. MudPuppy - Claimed Mafia,
5. StorrZerg - Involved in the IB fight
6. Endgame422 - Jumping onto the IB bandwagon, without real cause. Could be an innocent move. Seems to think we have a doc.
7. Slander - tbc

IB is the strongest candidate atm imo, but there is not much of a case for it.

Keep in mind this is day one. It is a 7 player game. Not much more is going to come out except how people perceive things.

Something that will help me out and that I need to ask. WCG is this your first game?? I think you have played in the past no? I only ask because you use terminology that does not apply.
What bothers me about the list is everything sounds so dramatic when in reality it is just the start of the game.

2) I wont argue on this one as its your perception.
3) Virus has not posted yet
4)You say "claimed" mafia but he says he was joking.He is either Town or Mafia.
5)Involved in the IB fight. Again what fight?
6) Endgame voted me. There was no bandwagon
7)slander nothing

You keep saying I am the best case, and have repeated that you will vote Storr or I, but are waiting for a case.

What would constitute a day 1 casein your eyes WCG? I am trying to figure out weather you are Town who makes newbie mistakes or mafia trying to appear Town like you did in my above post. It almost seems like you are waiting for someone else to make a case for you.

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby elonpuckhog on Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:22 pm

Vote count:

WCG (2) - IB, Endgame (L-2)
virus90 (1) - storr
storr (1) - MudPuppy

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch
Soft Deadline 4/18.
Corporal 1st Class elonpuckhog

Postby Endgame422 on Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:23 pm

My vote for IB wasnt based on anything that resembled evidence.
It was the first vote of the game.
A lot of suspicion being thrown at MP right now although im unsure if hes scummy or just
My top 3 to lynch are
WCG-all kinds of weird stuff going on,changing votes under pressure,selling himself as def town but def not a power role,post edits(innocent or not),just all around strange. Although his idea about who we would save/check is good it also gathers info for the mafia about who may have a power role.

MP-basically dared us to call him scum which seems kinda like what scum would do when pressed,although hes putting the screws to slander which is what a good townie would do. Unsure about MP but certainly suspicious.

Virus90-Has the least input thus far. Either keeping his head down or not about this game. Either way a fair day one lynch.
Lieutenant Endgame422

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:12 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:As town the job of a VT is to draw attention to themselves, to focus fire away from possible PRs being night killed. We do not know if there are PR's BUT you suspect if there is a Doc Endgame would be it. You have just told everyone you are not a doc.

My motives here are that Endgame made the possible innocent mistake himself, for which I see no reason to pretend that it did not happen. I prefer to draw attention to a possible doc, than the possible cop that could be amongst us. If Endgame is indeed doc, then he is perfectly capable of defending himself during the night. By the same virtue of him possibly being cop due to his slip up, he also wont be cop as his mistake was in response to my suggestion that there was a 50% chance of cop.

As for my experience. I have played Mafia but not for a while, and never on here.

It has occurred to me that your intial vote on Storr was by choice that you knew he had the experience on CC Mafia to not see it an anything but a joke vote. Hence why I have not actually voted for either you or Storr. Its not a strong case against you, but it is the strongest case I have at the moment. More players are getting involved now so there is a bigger field to read from.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives