Conquer Club

The Village of Secrets [GAME OVER] Werewolves Win!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Village of Secrets [6/15] DAY 5

Postby MudPuppy on Sun May 11, 2014 7:41 pm

Well, spiesr is the only one I trust at this point since jak decided to shoot the only guy I cleared as town (and he himself supposedly cleared with garlic). 9 people dead... not a single vamp among them... and he opts to shoot one of the towniest guys left with so many other options on the table. It's highly unlikely you're that bad of a vampire hunter... so that means you're likely a serial killer or some other anti-town role:

Vote Jak
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby jak111 on Sun May 11, 2014 10:04 pm

Well with these votes piling on me I am not sure how to take them.

I mean look at the two possibilities you guys are saying about me.

Either 1.) I am town aligned and am a poor shot lately so now you're voting me because I cannot prove it.
or
2.) I am anti-town and have conned you into 2 nights of extra kills.

Gee golly, I feel offended since I know it's #1. I mean #2 would just make you guys feel silly...
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Postby jak111 on Sun May 11, 2014 10:07 pm

@Anark.

Read the days, I assumed they were a cult because of lack of kills in the night. But the game isn't over yet, so perhaps they aren't cult unless they're as underpowered as MP with 1-2 shot recruitment... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby kgb007 on Sun May 11, 2014 10:19 pm

Where are the vamps jak? You said you'd vote yourself if you couldn't produce evidence and I don't see any evidence.

Two things stop me from voting you at the moment though...

1 - it's been less than 24 hours and you're already at L2

2 - I'm trying to figure out your WC since you surely couldn't have expected to claim vampire hunter d3 and continue to kill your way to the end. Either it's a half baked claim by you, you're screwed and we'll win as soon as we lynch you. Something else that I haven't thought of. Or there's actually just one vampire, no cult, just lying in wait.

To be fair, I suspected PCM more and more as the day went on yesterday.

15 players, 3 confirmed mafia, 1 whatever it is you are jak, and 5 dead townies. Maybe someone with more experience in balance can weigh in on whether 3 scum, 1 SK(for lack of a better word at the moment) is appropriate for a game of 15.

Also, there haven't been any secrets to date and the game has had pretty straight forward roles so far....maybe jak let the air of the game by claiming as he has
Sergeant 1st Class kgb007

Postby spiesr on Sun May 11, 2014 10:21 pm

jak111 wrote:Well with these votes piling on me I am not sure how to take them.

Either 1.) I am town aligned and am a poor shot lately so now you're voting me because I cannot prove it.
or

Gee golly, I feel offended since I know it's #1. I mean #2 would just make you guys feel silly...
You have already claimed NOT TO BE TOWN, so I can't be 1.
Captain spiesr

Postby jak111 on Sun May 11, 2014 10:33 pm

spiesr wrote:

or

I have a question, does being town and town aligned mean the same thing to you? I am forced town aligned with mafia dead.

Though I like that hint that you're saying it's number two. I mean really? Do you really want that burden of me being anti-town and being able to go 2 nights of free kills?

No seriously though, you're mistaken. Do you think the game will end with my death? (Well if it does, it wont be a town win I can promise you that). Because if not, then you're throwing away the only hope the town has over two misfires.

YEAH, I shot pcm. YEAH, I shot virus. But I am going to place my vote where I believe it belongs.

Vote kgb That matchmaking claim is too coincidental. Everyone refuses to give a reason for the lack of mafia kills though, which seem odd. You ever stop to consider that mafia tried to hit vampires two nights in a row and FAILED because only I can kill them/him/whatever?
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby spiesr on Sun May 11, 2014 11:09 pm

jak111 wrote:Vote kgb That matchmaking claim is too coincidental. Everyone refuses to give a reason for the lack of mafia kills though, which seem odd. You ever stop to consider that mafia tried to hit vampires two nights in a row and FAILED because only I can kill them/him/whatever?
StorrZerg claimed to be bullet-proof & be hit Night 1. Assuming he is telling the truth (which you seem to be as well given that your vote is on someone else) then that only leave Night 2 to be accounted for. You being a bullet-proof SK or something covers that at least as well as your vampire claim.
jak111 wrote:I have a question, does being town and town aligned mean the same thing to you? I am forced town aligned with mafia dead.
Since "Town" is an alignment being Town and being Town aligned are the same thing. What you have claimed is a win condition that is not "Town aligned", but merely compatible with the the Town win condition, in the sense that is it possible, but not required, that both be fulfilled. I find it suspicious that you don't seem to be playing to your claimed win condition, but rather like someone pretending to be town. Your attempted lynch of Mudpuppy and your night-kill of Pancakemix of you acting in ways which don't make sense with your claimed win condition.
jak111 wrote:Though I like that hint that you're saying it's number two. I mean really? Do you really want that burden of me being anti-town and being able to go 2 nights of free kills?
I must say, I don't recall anyone making the argument of "If I was scum only idiots would have let me live this long. You're not idiots right?" I am frankly a little bit offended that you would try something that sleazy.
jak111 wrote:No seriously though, you're mistaken. Do you think the game will end with my death? (Well if it does, it wont be a town win I can promise you that).
Whether or not there is a partner of yours or something still out there isn't a reason not to lynch you. The potential of another bird hiding in the bush is no reason to release the one we have in our hand.
jak111 wrote:Because if not, then you're throwing away the only hope the town has over two misfires.
I am not lynching you because you "missed" twice. I am lynching you because you I don't believe your claim. Now, who you killed does contribute to that belief, (Seriously, you killed the guy who was cleared of starting as a vamp over the guy who you thought/think has an iffy claim?!) but don't you dare characterise my reasons as something like that. (Also, shouldn't it be four failed attempts from your claimed perspective?)
jak111 wrote:YEAH, I shot pcm. YEAH, I shot virus. But I am going to place my vote where I believe it belongs.
Weird how your vote and who you kill often don't line up then? (Jmac)
Captain spiesr

Postby Anarkistsdream on Sun May 11, 2014 11:16 pm

Speisr 1... jak 0
virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Official Vote Count 5.1

Postby superkeener on Mon May 12, 2014 4:53 am

Official Vote Count 5.1

Anarkistsdream (0):
L-2 jak111 (2): spiesr, MudPuppy,
kgb007 (1): jak111
MudPuppy (0):
spiesr (0):
mtamburini (0):

No Lynch (0):

Not Voting (3) mtamburini, Anarkistsdream, kgb007

With 6 alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch.

Deadline for DAY 5 is: Monday, May 19th, 2014, 10:00am CC Time.
Lieutenant superkeener

Postby MudPuppy on Mon May 12, 2014 10:09 am

jak111 wrote:
spiesr wrote:

or

Though I like that hint that you're saying it's number two. I mean really? Do you really want that burden of me being anti-town and being able to go 2 nights of free kills?

Perhaps it was my mistake for giving you one chance too many to prove yourself. I still can't believe you opted to shoot one of the two folks I opted to put my trust in as being town after we both cleared him. I certainly didn't have him totally clear in my mind due to the godfather possibility but my Town read should have counted for something when compared to all those other unknowns you had as potential targets.

Town certainly would have been in better shape today if we had lynched you yesterday. mea culpa.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby jak111 on Mon May 12, 2014 11:13 am

Comments in green.

spiesr wrote:
jak111 wrote:Vote kgb That matchmaking claim is too coincidental. Everyone refuses to give a reason for the lack of mafia kills though, which seem odd. You ever stop to consider that mafia tried to hit vampires two nights in a row and FAILED because only I can kill them/him/whatever?
StorrZerg claimed to be bullet-proof & be hit Night 1. Assuming he is telling the truth (which you seem to be as well given that your vote is on someone else) then that only leave Night 2 to be accounted for. You being a bullet-proof SK or something covers that at least as well as your vampire claim.

Aye, I believe the claim. It's the only thing that explains Night 1 aside from Mafia not killing at all, but that'd just be stupid in its own sense would it not?

jak111 wrote:I have a question, does being town and town aligned mean the same thing to you? I am forced town aligned with mafia dead.
Since "Town" is an alignment being Town and being Town aligned are the same thing. What you have claimed is a win condition that is not "Town aligned", but merely compatible with the the Town win condition, in the sense that is it possible, but not required, that both be fulfilled. I find it suspicious that you don't seem to be playing to your claimed win condition, but rather like someone pretending to be town. Your attempted lynch of Mudpuppy and your night-kill of Pancakemix of you acting in ways which don't make sense with your claimed win condition.

Town is a faction, alignment is where the win condition is. Right now my win condition is the same as town's. Eliminate Vampires and survive. So my win condition is town aligned, but I am not part of the town faction. In essence that's all town is, is a faction with majority. Right now it is sad to have to align myself with you all after eliminating a threat for you.

jak111 wrote:Though I like that hint that you're saying it's number two. I mean really? Do you really want that burden of me being anti-town and being able to go 2 nights of free kills?
I must say, I don't recall anyone making the argument of "If I was scum only idiots would have let me live this long. You're not idiots right?" I am frankly a little bit offended that you would try something that sleazy.

I am not calling you idiots, but it'd be sad if I actually was anti-town though. I've told you I am not, so it's okay. I am working on helping town. I've at least marked off killing you, MP and Storr's replacement (we still have yet to hear from him actually, Mod should prod him. That leaves two little flies left. kgb and Anark, which of the two claims are lying about being town. Instead of getting after me every single day I make a wrong choice of kills, how about you focus today on helping me find the RIGHT kill. Past two days it's just been me trying because you have only been against me. Go back and reread all of your posts, point out ONCE that you tried to help me find the right guys in the day/night without me starting the pressure on them in the day.

jak111 wrote:No seriously though, you're mistaken. Do you think the game will end with my death? (Well if it does, it wont be a town win I can promise you that).
Whether or not there is a partner of yours or something still out there isn't a reason not to lynch you. The potential of another bird hiding in the bush is no reason to release the one we have in our hand.

I have no partner, I am riding solo. Mafia had 3 people, if I was part of a faction would it not be fair that I have 3 people as well? No, I am alone against a faction who I assume have a little stronger roles than Mafia.

jak111 wrote:Because if not, then you're throwing away the only hope the town has over two misfires.
I am not lynching you because you "missed" twice. I am lynching you because you I don't believe your claim. Now, who you killed does contribute to that belief, (Seriously, you killed the guy who was cleared of starting as a vamp over the guy who you thought/think has an iffy claim?!) but don't you dare characterise my reasons as something like that. (Also, shouldn't it be four failed attempts from your claimed perspective?)

Geez, you really read what you want to don't you? I have stated that my garlic was useless. Found that out with the Holy Cross. So no, he was not double cleared. MP's cop clear only went if he was not a godfather. With pcm's extreme tunneling on me (a major threat if he were vampire) I thought, hey, he's trying to get rid of me, I already called it when I claimed that vampires would eventually and he's doing it now and the garlic thing effectively didn't clear him now. So he became a major possibility of being the leader. Would you be surprised if pcm ever popped leader of the vampires? I wouldn't. He's a good player, he knows how to act town long enough to fool people.

jak111 wrote:YEAH, I shot pcm. YEAH, I shot virus. But I am going to place my vote where I believe it belongs.
Weird how your vote and who you kill often don't line up then? (Jmac)

That's because who I kill I cannot vote. Odd thing about that, isn't it?
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby kgb007 on Mon May 12, 2014 12:28 pm

really Jak? I show some restraint in not voting you to search for some possible explanations and your response is to vote me without responding to any of my questions.

If your choices for scum/vampire is down to nark and myself - I can promise you will be wrong again if I'm killed by lynch/otherwise and you'll be quick to follow since you'll have incorrectly pushed on me. Then what? You started off guessing correctly with rishaed and IB - Hotshot was collateral damage and then we managed to correctly lynch Sausage before two swings and misses on your part.

I seem to remember sausage posting after his death that mafia would win anyway so I'm not totally sold on lynching jak without proper examination of the remaining players and makes me think there's at least one more mafia out there.

Nark - little contribution, claimed VT

spiesr - masoned with virus, doesn't necessarily clear him but consistent play

storr's replacement - i pushed pretty hard on him yesterday but no one seemed interested or liked the case I made, I'm still highly suspicious of him. quickly refuted MP's fake accusation - maybe bc he's town, maybe bc he's GF

MP - seer/cop, correctly named sausage as scum

let me ask the rest of you, let's say Jak is a SK/3rd party he's lynched today and we're still not end gamed, we're down to 5 players and most likely 4 after the night scene is posted tomorrow. who's next on your list? I think I'm still most suspicious of storr's replacement but there's no way to eliminate both jak and the mtamburini before another night takes place

Postby Whatsausage on Mon May 12, 2014 1:14 pm

kgb007 wrote:I seem to remember sausage posting after his death that mafia would win anyway so I'm not totally sold on lynching jak without proper examination of the remaining players and makes me think there's at least one more mafia out there.

oOOOOoooo...
Anything posted after death should be taken with a grain of salt, and that isn't even what I said
Captain Whatsausage

Re: The Village of Secrets [9/15] NIGHT 3

Postby kgb007 on Mon May 12, 2014 1:47 pm

Whatsausage wrote:ooOOoooOOo...
Well I'll try not say too much from beyond the grave, but I thought I made a decent case in my one post I was able to make before everyone decided to believe a late claim... You'll all see tomorrow or if you're lucky the next day when the vampires have won. :P You remaining town better hope they choose you to recruit tonight :P

you're right had to go back and look, must have gotten my games confused

Postby mtamburini on Mon May 12, 2014 5:28 pm

Hello everyone, I a replacing storr. I will spend the next couple of days reading through everything and have something to give by Thursday.
Sergeant mtamburini

Postby Anarkistsdream on Mon May 12, 2014 6:30 pm

kgb007 wrote:really Jak? I show some restraint in not voting you to search for some possible explanations and your response is to vote me without responding to any of my questions.

If your choices for scum/vampire is down to nark and myself - I can promise you will be wrong again if I'm killed by lynch/otherwise and you'll be quick to follow since you'll have incorrectly pushed on me. Then what? You started off guessing correctly with rishaed and IB - Hotshot was collateral damage and then we managed to correctly lynch Sausage before two swings and misses on your part.

I seem to remember sausage posting after his death that mafia would win anyway so I'm not totally sold on lynching jak without proper examination of the remaining players and makes me think there's at least one more mafia out there.

Nark - little contribution, claimed VT

spiesr - masoned with virus, doesn't necessarily clear him but consistent play

storr's replacement - i pushed pretty hard on him yesterday but no one seemed interested or liked the case I made, I'm still highly suspicious of him. quickly refuted MP's fake accusation - maybe bc he's town, maybe bc he's GF

MP - seer/cop, correctly named sausage as scum

let me ask the rest of you, let's say Jak is a SK/3rd party he's lynched today and we're still not end gamed, we're down to 5 players and most likely 4 after the night scene is posted tomorrow. who's next on your list? I think I'm still most suspicious of storr's replacement but there's no way to eliminate both jak and the mtamburini before another night takes place

Bro, you say I have contributed little... What would you like? I have NOTHING to go on, not even meta, for ALL of these people. I can't remember how each person played... I am a vanilla townie... I don't have a magical lie detector... I think if you were REALLY town like I am, you wouldn't be so sly as to throw me under the bus... One of those, "Wasn't my idea, see, look at the post," kinda sly moves... Just to see if the group will follow.

All I know is I am a vanilla townie and I think today is Lynch or Lose... I have been right about a vast majority of my opinions in the last few games, but then I was wrong about Pancake in this so now I am truly unsure of myself...

Sorry to be a burden to all of you "awesome" players... I'll try to bring sexy back.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby kgb007 on Wed May 14, 2014 10:23 am

6 people left, I'm not opposed to lynching jak but I don't think we lose if we let him go another night, just to reiterate, I'm most suspcious of matamburini for reasons already stated yesterday and (briefly) today.

Jak what do you think of storr since we really cant' judge mtam based on a hollow post from today?

Postby MudPuppy on Wed May 14, 2014 10:56 am

I'm suspicious of Storr/mtamburini too... he would've been a strong contender to shoot at if I were jak (and jak was who he says he is)... but jak instead chose to shoot the only person cleared as Town by the cop and that's just way too scummy to let go.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby jak111 on Wed May 14, 2014 11:05 am

kgb007 wrote:6 people left, I'm not opposed to lynching jak but I don't think we lose if we let him go another night, just to reiterate, I'm most suspcious of matamburini for reasons already stated yesterday and (briefly) today.

Jak what do you think of storr since we really cant' judge mtam based on a hollow post from today?

Well his BP claim fits, but overall if it weren't for the BP claim I'd probably shoot him tonight. Right now I'm wondering though. You could easily have me dead by now if you were vampire and because I'm voting you. So Unvote.

Well right now we're at something major, two people are voting me. So am I hunting 1 vampire or 2? If 2, that means one must be already voting me (I doubt it's spiesr for the mason claim). That would leave MP. Because if they were both town, the two vampires would quick hammer me. Or if it's 1 vampire, all he is waiting for is one more vote on me.

The way I see it the BP and Mason claims are pretty much clear. You could easily get me hammered if you were against me, just vote me and trick Matam or Anark into voting me as well. So that is three clears. Leaving MP and Anark. So is it one vampire or two?

Here is what I don't get about MP's claim. It's 2-shot. That is extremely underpowered for a town role when town don't have many PR's. The other thing I do not get is that he claimed Seer. I have run into this role before, usually in a werewolf game and their role finds out the player's ROLE, not alignment. So unless the mod messed around with the Seer role some, it may be a fake claim with a lucky call on pcm and Sausage.

Then we look at Anark's claim. How many VT's are in the game? Seems like a lot with some pretty underpowered PR's (your power is underpowered because it's forced N1, MP's role is underpowered because really... 2-shot cop? Convenient).

Then again, MP might be telling partially the truth if he is a PR for their faction (cops are not restricted to town when there's multiple enemies).

The biggest questions though. What are the vampire's roles? How many are there? (1 or 2?) and what are they doing at night?

FP'd by MP. Funny how you think you're completely out of suspicion for having two correct calls. In fact, yesterday when you said you had a guilty on Storr he knew you were lying because he was town. Add onto that an already shot BP, why would I shoot him in the night as opposed roles that cannot tell why Mafia have been unsuccessful both both of their night shots. At least his role explains one night. Yours doesn't, Anark's doesn't, PCM's doesn't (seriously if he fake claimed doc, I'd of believed it completely), No one's does besides kgb's and Storr/Matam's claims. That means the rest are under suspicion.
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby jak111 on Wed May 14, 2014 11:06 am

Another thing. Who's to say I haven't shot any vampires? In EM Millers appear as Nilla's on death. To have a mafia/vampire faction with roles appearing as town on death is not that far of a stretch.
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby spiesr on Wed May 14, 2014 11:36 am

jak111 wrote:Another thing. Who's to say I haven't shot any vampires? In EM Millers appear as Nilla's on death. To have a mafia/vampire faction with roles appearing as town on death is not that far of a stretch.
It is too much of a stretch, as it would create the situation like we are in now, where the total absence of any sign of vampires makes your claim look fake.
Captain spiesr

Postby MudPuppy on Wed May 14, 2014 11:53 am

I'm as confident as I can be that spiesr and I are Town and jak is non-Town (though I'm unsure just how non-Town he is... i.e., if his Town-alligned claim is real or not). Of the remaining 3, I'd guess Nark is the Towniest of the bunch... but I really don't have a good comfort level with any in that group. Storr has been after what turned out to be Townies all game long. kgb has a somewhat questionable claim. I have to assume that at least one of them is Town.

So, first step should be to lynch the known non-Town gunman (SK?) who is seeing vamps everywhere where there are none (or at least no evidence of any after 9 deaths).

Of course it's possible that spiesr was a mason and has since been converted to vampirism, etc... but the number of chances left for jak to prove the existence of vamps has dwindled to zero. It's time to lynch our Vampire Hunter.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby Anarkistsdream on Thu May 15, 2014 12:36 am

Vote Jak...

Sorry, dude, but it just looks so bad... I don't believe you.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Official Vote Count 5.2

Postby superkeener on Thu May 15, 2014 7:36 am

Official Vote Count 5.2

Anarkistsdream (0):
L-1 jak111 (3): spiesr, MudPuppy, Anarkistsdream
kgb007 (0):
MudPuppy (0):
spiesr (0):
mtamburini (0):

No Lynch (0):

Not Voting (3) mtamburini, kgb007, jak111

With 6 alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch.

Deadline for DAY 5 is: Monday, May 19th, 2014, 10:00am CC Time.
Lieutenant superkeener

Postby jak111 on Thu May 15, 2014 10:51 am

Well that settles that. Vote Anark Either kgb and Matam could easily lynch me off, so they aren't vampires. Narrows it right down to Anark & MP with Anark being more likely than MP.

Also requesting mod prob of Matam, he has given really no opinions today.
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives