Conquer Club

MAFIA - X-Men Legends [Game over -- Town wins!]

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby moz976 on Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:22 am

Yeah I was beginning to wonder if there was some twist to my role that I just thought that I could kill people but I actually couldn't.
"The suitcoats say, 'There is money to be made.'
They get so excited, nothing gets in their way
My road it may be lonely just because it's not paved.
It's good for drifting, drifting away."
-Vedder
Private moz976

Postby sully800 on Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:10 am

wicked wrote:yes, all the day kills were from the group I was in, except for, obviously houssam taking me out. we had to be really diligent about being online and getting a kill in before lynch.

I was pretty confident I'd make it far since I couldn't be killed at night, then we found out Houssam's role the day before he killed me. I tried to get in a kill of him, but he beat me to the punch... I was a bit hesitant the day before to take him out because I didn't know if I killed him, if he'd take me with him b/c of the whole terrorist role. I'm still curious about that actually!

Oh, and apparently poor moz had bad dice rolls in his vig chances from what IC said...lol.

Wait, why couldn't you be killed at night? You were immune to the other mafia? I think I'm missing something here.

Oh and wicked- the reason I tried to get you to adopt a role as a day doctor was indeed because IC told me I was the last doctor alive. Once fircoal died he unlocked my ability to be a day doctor as well, but I couldn't protect the same person during a night and a day. On the last night I was alive I protected Andy, and my plan was to protect myself during the next day as I figured I'd be the target. I was right about that but since I didn't have access to a computer you got a free shot at me anyway.

I have to admit, I didn't think dussel was the last mafia member, but that is the problem with submarine players. He had posted so little for so much of the game that it was very hard to get a read on him. I think the most telling part was in the beginning where he would vote for a lynch but say nothing else during the day....then again I thought he might be innocent since his role kept getting passed around and AK didn't stop it.

Once I died, I sent AK this PM:

In order of their chances of being mafia I'd say-
Marvaddin
moz976
vgmmaster
Dussle
AndyDufresne
Senfive

So I was wrong with my final guesses. I really thought it was Marv, because of the way he was constantly trying to bring suspicion against me when few others did. That in addition to all the reasons Andy suspected Marv gave me a bad feeling.

Oh well, good job in the end there townies! Thanks to the hit on Dussle I remain undefeated in mafia games (and for the first time I wasn't on the same side as wicked :wink: )
Major sully800

Postby sully800 on Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:15 am

Oh and by the way, who are the true winners? I would imagine its safe to say all mafia members and serial killers lost....as did Nyvek the survivor (though he got close!)

But what about Xenhu, the instigator? His recent post on here made it look like it was his objective to be lynched....so did he win as well?

Anyway, congrats to:

* AndyDufresne (Protown -- Mayor)
* Marvaddin (Protown -- "Vanilla Mutant")
* moz976 (Protown -- Vigilante)
* Senfive (Protown -- Hider)

* XenHu (Instigator)
* Master Bush (Protown -- Day Cop)
* spiesr (Protown -- Death Miller)
* dcowboys055 (Protown -- "Vanilla Mutant")
* Puff (Protown -- Insane Doctor)
* Machiavelli (Protown -- Cop)
* red bull (Protown -- Naive Cop)
* Fircoal (Protown -- Quack)
* Lt.Mustard -- Replaced by Huguenots (Protown -- "Vanilla Mutant)
* sully800 (Protown -- Doctor)
* vgmmaster (Protwon -- "Vanilla Mutant")

Can I get a better explanation of spiesr and the Death Miller role from anyone?
Major sully800

Postby XenHu on Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:18 am

Yes, it was my objective to be lynched..

IC told me to keep it as a 'personal win' and I'm not supposed to tell you..

:wink:

-X
Cook XenHu

Postby wicked on Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:28 am

As far as I know, there were no day protection roles, so as day mafia, we got free shots at everyone. :D Sully, I was godfather of the day mafia, and couldn't be killed at night.... which frustrated the hell out of the night mafia apparently...lol. Houssam said they "wasted" many kills trying to get me. :lol:

the death miller confused us all, as he was listed as "mafia", but just plain mafia. after I died, RK and I talked and we were both like, "he wasn't mine!"... then IC explained it to me.
Major wicked

Postby sully800 on Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:45 am

wicked wrote:As far as I know, there were no day protection roles, so as day mafia, we got free shots at everyone. :D

Well as I said, my ability to protect during the day was only unlocked the day before I died. And since I wasn't around during that day I never had the ability to use any day protection.
Major sully800

Postby wicked on Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:46 am

Oh I missed that!!
Major wicked

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:12 pm

:) Muahaha. Well played everyone. Glad you all realized I wasn't a Corrupt Mayor. ;)

It was mighty fun, I was starting to get concerned, especially if Dussle appeared as a Townie...because I thought it he wasn't mafia, we'd surely lose.

Hopefully, in the far future, I'll be able to play again when my days aren't so busy! :)

Good Game everyone.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby red bull on Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:45 pm

we WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :mrgreen: =D> \:D/
Private 1st Class red bull

Postby Senfive on Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:58 pm

I lived. I don't believe it...... Good game everyone. Also when dussle said juggernaut game over..... I wondered why hossam would want to kill another mafia but since he didn't know makes a ton more sense now.

Like I said good game everyone....
Highest Place: 1370
Highest Score: 1721
Games Played: 345
Wins: 115
Win% = 33%
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant Senfive

Location: A Place that resembles Mexico only with more mexicans.

Postby Marvaddin on Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:16 pm

Hehe, I survived too.
And now my record is 2-0 :)
If dussle wasnt mafia, I would surely vote to moz next day. But really, this was a fun game :)

How about a new game, people :wink:
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewto ... sc&start=0
^^ sign up to the game I will moderate :D
Major Marvaddin

Postby AK_iceman on Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:01 pm

This being my first game I wanted to try out a lot of different roles to see how people would play them. I liked the idea of 2 mafia's, 1 working during the day and 1 working at night. They were fighting against each other as well as the town, which is the reason there was so many and why they got a lot of power roles.

Spiesr was a Death Miller. It's a pro-town role where if the cop investigates you, you appear guilty and also when you die you appear guilty. So that when people go back and read your posts they assume you were mafia and use that as evidence. It would have worked better with a more active role though.

The funniest part to me was vgm's whole theory. She kept going off and coming up with these thin connections that only she believed while everybody told her it didnt work. They were all coincidences because I truly just randomized the roles. Too bad the mafia had to lose that way, but whatever works....
Sergeant 1st Class AK_iceman

Postby everywhere116 on Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:22 pm

I have been following this thread since the beginninng, and I have one question, why did Machiavelli die when autoload did?
"Disease, suffering, hardship...that is what war is all about."-Captain Kirk, from "A Taste of Armageddon"
Corporal everywhere116

Postby AK_iceman on Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:27 pm

They were siblings. They had the ability to talk to each other at night, and when one of them died the other would commit suicide.

Postby autoload on Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:28 pm

Yeah, that role sucked...
Major autoload

Postby everywhere116 on Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:32 pm

Which one was supposed to be killed by the day mafia?
"Disease, suffering, hardship...that is what war is all about."-Captain Kirk, from "A Taste of Armageddon"
Corporal everywhere116

Postby AK_iceman on Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:32 pm

everywhere116 wrote:Which one was supposed to be killed by the day mafia?

Wha? :?

Postby everywhere116 on Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:45 pm

Nvm. I reread the post.
Corporal everywhere116

Postby vgmmaster on Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:20 pm

Congrats guys. To be honest, I'm a bit surprised, yet not surprised at the same time concerning the day kill. I figured if Dussle was what I though to be a day version of the SK, he would kill me. I think he waited a little too late, but then again, it would cost him the game as well if he killed me to early.

Concerning the sibling role, I was suspicious that it did exist, but because the names in my theory didn't match, I wasn't really sure. I was thinking, if Mach was a sibling, wouldn't he have died when cowboy died. But I think the 2 day kills were a bit of a surprise and threw me for a little bit of a loop.

And for the name theory, I'm a little surprised (yet glad) that it worked the way it did.

When Trestain claimed, I tried to get people to vote against him, but failed. When Sully died, that made my case stronger, and was able to lynch Trestain. I didn't exactly trust Senfive until the hider claim. Considering his name, I figured he was either really smart or was telling the truth. I choose the latter and it paid off. If Dussle never claimed though, I would have probably pushed for an Andy lynch possibly, and the game would have possibly finished much differently.

Great game all.
Highest Score: 1304
Corporal 1st Class vgmmaster

Postby Senfive on Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:41 pm

vgmmaster wrote:Congrats guys. To be honest, I'm a bit surprised, yet not surprised at the same time concerning the day kill. I figured if Dussle was what I though to be a day version of the SK, he would kill me. I think he waited a little too late, but then again, it would cost him the game as well if he killed me to early.

Concerning the sibling role, I was suspicious that it did exist, but because the names in my theory didn't match, I wasn't really sure. I was thinking, if Mach was a sibling, wouldn't he have died when cowboy died. But I think the 2 day kills were a bit of a surprise and threw me for a little bit of a loop.

And for the name theory, I'm a little surprised (yet glad) that it worked the way it did.

When Trestain claimed, I tried to get people to vote against him, but failed. When Sully died, that made my case stronger, and was able to lynch Trestain. I didn't exactly trust Senfive until the hider claim. Considering his name, I figured he was either really smart or was telling the truth. I choose the latter and it paid off. If Dussle never claimed though, I would have probably pushed for an Andy lynch possibly, and the game would have possibly finished much differently.

Great game all.

ASS!!! LOL good game. I was really starting to not trust you myself tell trestain went down.
Highest Place: 1370
Highest Score: 1721
Games Played: 345
Wins: 115
Win% = 33%
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant Senfive

Location: A Place that resembles Mexico only with more mexicans.

Postby vgmmaster on Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:46 pm

To be honest Senfive, I didn't know what to think of you.

But when Trestain went down, did you think I had any powers and was using my theory for my protection or not?
Highest Score: 1304
Corporal 1st Class vgmmaster

Postby reverend_kyle on Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:51 pm

When wicked and I died we shared info and laughed at the rest of you.
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby wicked on Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:54 pm

yeah I almost threw my laptop across the room when dussle claimed. :roll:

and I loved laughing at Rojo in chat.... he kept saying, "I just KNOW Andy is mafia!" lol

I think Houssam took me out b/c he's been having like 18 hours days on his China trip, so no time for the game. Would like to hear his reasoning though, and how he knew I was mafia.
Major wicked

Postby reverend_kyle on Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:56 pm

wicked wrote: and how he knew I was mafia.

I told him Day 1.. I had you figured out.
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby wicked on Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:01 pm

I don't believe you. :wink:
Major wicked

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives