Conquer Club

Fircoal's Mafia Game *GAME OVER* MAFIA WIN!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby static_ice on Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:01 am

...gah...first I will complement the mafia because I especially thought spiesr and kcoenich were townies (Xenhu is always suspicious)...

next to fircoal, why the hell did you make so many insane and paranoid townie roles?
R.I.P. Chef
Sergeant static_ice

Postby autoload on Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:38 am

Yeah, just because everybody had a role didn't make this a particularly well balanced game.

In my notes I took before dying, I thought Anarchist and Xen were the mafia because of how they seemed so sure that Puff was not a sane Cop. In fact, 3 lucky guilty guesses made me suspect paranoid Cop, especially since I figured out pretty early from watching the game that there was no Vanilla Roles. Since spiesr was so quiet, I didn't suspect him and assumed that Xen and Anarchist ( being who I thought was scum) knew that the guilty result on spiesr was wrong, thus knowing that Puff was insane. My logic was correct, but on the wrong two people.

The only thing I had on kcoenich before I died was that he voted to lynch someone after they were already dead on page 75, and agreeing with the fingering of two innocents by Anarkist on page 37, 38. Based on that little bit of evidence, I would not have suspected him at the time. I really didn't follow the game after my death, so I don't know if i would have picked up on scum tells later on...

I couldn't get much more on the one read I got in before dying.
Last edited by autoload on Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Major autoload

Postby XenHu on Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:39 am

That's why I made sure to kill you ASAP..

You're too smart for your own good..

-X
Cook XenHu

Postby static_ice on Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:43 am

that sucks, just because players know how good you are from the past they try and kill you early on...
R.I.P. Chef
Sergeant static_ice

Postby XenHu on Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:46 am

static_ice wrote:that sucks, just because players know how good you are from the past they try and kill you early on...

It's a valid tactic..

-X
Cook XenHu

Postby autoload on Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:48 am

I later found out that Anarchist was told he was a cop and that was the reason why he didn't think Puff was a real cop. At that point in the game there was already a dead REAL cop. I was thinking to myself, a dead Cop, 1 suspected Paranoid Cop, Anarchist is probably not a sane cop either. Of course I was already dead at this point, so no matter.
Major autoload

Postby spiesr on Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:42 pm

Who killed who?

Dead:
4 Anarkistsdream (replacing 7 DIRESTRAITS)- night 7 MAFIA KILL
4 Anarkistsdream(Insane Cop - night 6 MAFIA KILL
Autoload (replacing 5 Minkish) (Double Voter) - Night 5 MAFIA KILL
22 unriggable(tracker) - Night 3 MAFIA KILL
11 chessplaya(Mafia Framer) - Night 2
23 geegel (Cop) - Night 2 MAFIA KILL
8 Lord Canti (Survivor) - Night 2
15 The1exile (Jester) - Night 2
24 Fish Breeder Boy(Forensic Investagor ) - Night 1
18 Slim_Jesta(Mafia Cop)- Night 1
6 Vgmmaster(Hider) - Night 1 MAFIA KILL
Captain spiesr

Postby Fircoal on Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:33 pm

static_ice wrote:next to fircoal, why the hell did you make so many insane and paranoid townie roles?

I do that in my games, there are so many games with tons of townies, and I like it better with tons of ODD roles.
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby Fircoal on Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:33 pm

spiesr wrote:Who killed who?

Dead:
4 Anarkistsdream (replacing 7 DIRESTRAITS)- night 7 MAFIA KILL
4 Anarkistsdream(Insane Cop - night 6 MAFIA KILL
Autoload (replacing 5 Minkish) (Double Voter) - Night 5 MAFIA KILL
22 unriggable(tracker) - Night 3 MAFIA KILL
11 chessplaya(Mafia Framer) - Night 2
23 geegel (Cop) - Night 2 MAFIA KILL
8 Lord Canti (Survivor) - Night 2
15 The1exile (Jester) - Night 2
24 Fish Breeder Boy(Forensic Investagor ) - Night 1
18 Slim_Jesta(Mafia Cop)- Night 1
6 Vgmmaster(Hider) - Night 1 MAFIA KILL

I'll post that later.
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby autoload on Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:44 pm

Fircoal wrote:
static_ice wrote:next to fircoal, why the hell did you make so many insane and paranoid townie roles?

I do that in my games, there are so many games with tons of townies, and I like it better with tons of ODD roles.

Maybe the game mod would like to watch the players run around like rats in mazes trying to figure out the role, but I'm sure players don't like the chaos nearly as much.

Fundamentally, mafia is a thinking man's game, and if you got all these wacky roles in, how the hell are they supposed to play intelligently and not worry about getting burned for something beyond their control?

I just think over complicating games does not necessarily make them better.
Major autoload

Postby Fircoal on Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:55 pm

autoload wrote:
Fircoal wrote:

Maybe the game mod would like to watch the players run around like rats in mazes trying to figure out the role, but I'm sure players don't like the chaos nearly as much.
No! Auto's found out my sercet. #-o #-o

Fundamentally, mafia is a thinking man's game, and if you got all these wacky roles in, how the hell are they supposed to play intelligently and not worry about getting burned for something beyond their control?
Good question, well what if you look at your role and compair it to the role page, you may find a match for whats happening.
I just think over complicating games does not necessarily make them better.
It doesn't necessarily make them better, but it does make them more different. How often do you find some of those roles in games? Not very is the answer.
Captain Fircoal

Postby autoload on Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:58 pm

I suppose eventually people will know what to expect in your games. We all have our styles I guess. Like I said before, I will be joining one of your Rat mazes and get all fucked up.
Major autoload

Postby Fircoal on Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:01 pm

autoload wrote:I suppose eventually people will know what to expect in your games. We all have our styles I guess. Like I said before, I will be joining one of your Rat mazes and get all fucked up.
Yep, everyone does have there styles, there are people who only like townies and mafia in it.
Captain Fircoal

Postby static_ice on Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:39 pm

well, ONLY townies and mafia sounds pretty boring, and when I received my pm telling me that I'm an inventor with all these abilities, I got excited and thought everyone else had weird different abilities, but the paranoid/insane spin just made it frustrating.
R.I.P. Chef
Sergeant static_ice

Postby Fircoal on Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:40 pm

static_ice wrote:well, ONLY townies and mafia sounds pretty boring, and when I received my pm telling me that I'm an inventor with all these abilities, I got excited and thought everyone else had weird different abilities, but the paranoid/insane spin just made it frustrating.
but if there were no paraniod or insane, then it would be an easy town win.
Captain Fircoal

Postby static_ice on Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:43 pm

well, fine, maybe one or two paranoid/insane (depending on the amount of players), but I think you kinda overdid it...
R.I.P. Chef
Sergeant static_ice

Postby Fircoal on Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:44 pm

static_ice wrote:well, fine, maybe one or two paranoid/insane (depending on the amount of players), but I think you kinda overdid it...

MAybe I did, but from now on, I'm getting people to see if it's balenced.
Captain Fircoal

Postby static_ice on Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:49 pm

yes, and the only way to learn perfect balance is to either learn from others or to experiment yourself
R.I.P. Chef
Sergeant static_ice

Postby Fircoal on Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:51 pm

static_ice wrote:yes, and the only way to learn perfect balance is to either learn from others or to experiment yourself

Perfect balance yes. But I can get close by a review by someone else.
Captain Fircoal

Postby static_ice on Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:57 pm

well, not perfect balance but reviews are a good idea, don't ask me for one :lol:
R.I.P. Chef
Sergeant static_ice

Postby Fircoal on Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:58 pm

static_ice wrote:well, not perfect balance but reviews are a good idea, don't ask me for one :lol:

It's at mafiascum.
Captain Fircoal

Previous

Return to Mafia Archives