Conquer Club

3 Factions Mafia [Abandoned] :'(

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: 3 Factions Mafia [Day 1]

Postby theherkman on Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:27 pm

aage wrote:So, again, was there a night 0? I think not.

sensfan wrote:Aage, I'm sorry, go to page 4, and you see there was a N0.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Skim much?
MOD ABUSE LINKS
rdsrds2120
Andy/KingA

Click that picture and you will go apeshit...
Private theherkman

Postby FloresDelMal on Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:29 pm

theherkman wrote:Umm, I need to claim, kinda... I found scum on night 0. I am one of two townies who can talk at night. My partner can investigate each night. He is sent a food item that tells him about who he investigated. Donuts are cops, banana splits are other townies, pizza is mafia. The two of us decided I should come out with this because I don't have the investigative ability and he won't be at risk. Haggis returned pizza.

recently in another game i voted skoffin because i have a theory to test, i think that ppl who types all in red must be scum, since i cant figure a trend with a single investigation subject, ill vote herk and include him as a subject on my trial, no hard feelings herk, is all in the name of science, also i think you might be haggis lyncher, because this junk food police doesn't make much sense to me in a factions mafia.
Sergeant 1st Class FloresDelMal

Postby aage on Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:31 pm

sensfan wrote:Aage, I'm sorry, go to page 4, and you see there was a N0.

This is page 4. You mean page 2.

I guess I was rereading back to forth. On page 3 there's a lot of people saying "confirm" and victor starting day 1. s'use me.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby theherkman on Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:38 pm

I know I haven't done a single thing to be trusted yet as of this game, but all you have to do is lynch him. If he isn't scum then kill me.
MOD ABUSE LINKS
rdsrds2120
Andy/KingA

Private theherkman

Postby aage on Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:39 pm

Wait.
*sniff sniff*
Lyncher?

I'm really holding back my vote. No offence or feelings towards Haggis, I just don't trust THM.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby theherkman on Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:55 pm

Man, I didn't even think about being accused of lyncher. But if you guys think I am lyncher, how about this? You can investigate me or Haggis during the night. Scum is a great catch for N0.
MOD ABUSE LINKS
rdsrds2120
Andy/KingA

Private theherkman

Postby Commander9 on Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:03 pm

Wait, all of this is for real? :|

Okay, let me re-read sometime later today, but that stuff... :-s
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby theherkman on Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:06 pm

Commander9 wrote:Wait, all of this is for real? :|

Yeah, seriously. Well I remember everyone in the Post-Apocalyptic game saying it was dumb for a cop to out himself. That's why I agreed to be the one to "come forward" with the information.
MOD ABUSE LINKS
rdsrds2120
Andy/KingA

Private theherkman

Postby karelpietertje on Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:58 pm

barely even time for joke votes due to Theherkman vote him for that :lol:
aage wrote:Wait.
*sniff sniff*
Lyncher?

I'm really holding back my vote. No offence or feelings towards Haggis, I just don't trust THM.

Maybe it's because I was in Team Rocket with theherkman, but I have to say, I partially trust him on his claim.
The lyncher think made me hesitate for a moment, but then I couldn't imagine theherkman coming up with the whole fruit bunch.

I believe the 'food cop' thing. (I love how terms like this just pop into these games, thanks aage :D)
I believe that it is in his best interest that Haggis dies, and in the best interest of town.
Only thing I wonder is if maybe he faked his buddy. I could imagine, if he were the food cop himself, he would want the mafia to think otherwise so he wouldn't get targeted himself.

I'll definitely keep an eye on Haggis now, but I don't feel like being a sheep to theherkmans sheperds crook and skipping this Dayphase.
Major karelpietertje

Postby karelpietertje on Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:01 pm

Jace22 wrote:I believe that haggis isn't in your faction. After all, this isn't a town vs scum game, it's a faction game, so would you not be getting pizza for everyone but you and your partner?

Jace22 wrote:I'm saying that things aren't always so black and white in faction games. Yes, there are townies, but that is only a matter of perspective.

One reason for not wanting the day phase to end after a sudden claim is because of Jace22s posts above.
I definitely feel this is a possible slip-up by a non-town role. FoS Jace22
Major karelpietertje

Postby theherkman on Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:16 pm

karelpietertje wrote:
Jace22 wrote:I believe that haggis isn't in your faction. After all, this isn't a town vs scum game, it's a faction game, so would you not be getting pizza for everyone but you and your partner?

Jace22 wrote:I'm saying that things aren't always so black and white in faction games. Yes, there are townies, but that is only a matter of perspective.

One reason for not wanting the day phase to end after a sudden claim is because of Jace22s posts above.

Agreed. I also just want to mention I was the first to point this out.
MOD ABUSE LINKS
rdsrds2120
Andy/KingA

Private theherkman

Postby theherkman on Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:25 pm

karelpietertje wrote:Maybe it's because I was in Team Rocket with theherkman, but I have to say, I partially trust him on his claim.
The lyncher think made me hesitate for a moment, but then I couldn't imagine theherkman coming up with the whole fruit bunch.

I believe the 'food cop' thing. (I love how terms like this just pop into these games, thanks aage :D)
I believe that it is in his best interest that Haggis dies, and in the best interest of town.
Only thing I wonder is if maybe he faked his buddy. I could imagine, if he were the food cop himself, he would want the mafia to think otherwise so he wouldn't get targeted himself.

I'll definitely keep an eye on Haggis now, but I don't feel like being a sheep to theherkmans sheperds crook and skipping this Dayphase.

Ahhh, wasn't TR great? As I play more games people will understand the way I play and learn that eclectic as my play style may be I do have my reasons. I also understand that some of you may be mafia as this is a small 3 faction game, but I am sure there are at least several more townies out there who will back me in outing known scum.
MOD ABUSE LINKS
rdsrds2120
Andy/KingA

Private theherkman

Postby karelpietertje on Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:43 pm

theherkman wrote:
karelpietertje wrote:

Agreed. I also just want to mention I was the first to point this out.

I did not mean to claim to have noticed this myself. As you can see, I 'definitely' feel that way, which indicates that I did not think think of it myself rather than agreeing with somebody. And yes, this somebody was you. :)
Major karelpietertje

Postby theherkman on Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:58 pm

Oh, okay. I do want to give credit to my partner when the game is over. I mean N0 you have nothing to go on and he picked Haggis out of the blue. Lol!
MOD ABUSE LINKS
rdsrds2120
Andy/KingA

Private theherkman

Postby Haggis_McMutton on Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:37 am

I'm glad people aren't falling for this bullshit so easily.

theherkman wrote:Umm, I need to claim, kinda... I found scum on night 0. I am one of two townies who can talk at night. My partner can investigate each night. He is sent a food item that tells him about who he investigated. Donuts are cops, banana splits are other townies, pizza is mafia. The two of us decided I should come out with this because I don't have the investigative ability and he won't be at risk. Haggis returned pizza.

As has been pointed out, this has so many holes it's ridiculous.

First of all, it would be highly irregular for people to have investigative abilities on N0 ESPECIALLY in a game where there seems to be a cult. Do you see how such a game would be basically impossible to balance? because there would be a great difference in the town's position based on what the cop got on N0?

Second, as has been pointed out, 3 factions. Why can you only detect one opposing faction?

Third, You and your "friend" can talk at night, correct? And his night action was to investigate me, correct? So how do you know the result? The result of night actions are sent when the night period is over, meaning he couldn't have told you what he got.
This means that you are either lying, or you cheated and talked during the day, in which case Sully should look into this. I'm pretty sure you are lying though.

Now, let's do a thought experiment. We all know herk is an aggressive, risk-taking sort of player, and he has a lot of trust in his bullshitting ability. How do you imagine he would play a lyncher role against a relatively cautious player like me, who's unlikely to say anything too stupid and get lynched as a result.

Might he make a bullshit story up about how he got me as scum as soon as the game starts? After all at the beginning of D1, there obviously aren't any real cases, so people should jump at a cop claiming to have found scum, no matter how many holes the claim has, right?

Nice try, but you were too aggressive in this instance, should have waited till D2 my lyncher friend.

Vote herk

Also:

This is totally admitting that he's in a faction. His later comment about town not being "black and white" and his comment during confirmation that his role is boring makes me seriously suspect the he was recruited N0.
Highest score: 3063; Highest position: 67;
Winner of {World War II tournament, -team 2010 Skilled Diversity, [FuN||Chewy]-[XII] USA};
8-3-7
Major Haggis_McMutton

Postby Victor Sullivan on Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:08 am

Vote Count

Haggis (1): theherkman
theherkman (3): Commander9, CampinKiller, Haggis

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby Haggis_McMutton on Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:18 am

One other thing.
karelpietertje wrote:Maybe it's because I was in Team Rocket with theherkman, but I have to say, I partially trust him on his claim.

He didn't come up with the fruit thing. Remember the mafia wiki someone gave him in Briasburg, and that he claims he read in it's entirety even finding the obscure punisher role in there?

Well: http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Flavor_Cop

Herk's fakeclaim source wrote:The Caterer is a simple flavor cop that checks to see players' catering orders. He gets returned Pizza for Mafia, Donuts for Cop, and other food items for anyone else.
Highest score: 3063; Highest position: 67;
Winner of {World War II tournament, -team 2010 Skilled Diversity, [FuN||Chewy]-[XII] USA};
8-3-7
Major Haggis_McMutton

Postby aage on Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:57 am

Victor Sullivan wrote:CampinKiller

:lol:

Last post of Haggis pretty much links us to THM's buddy's role. I'll say this: its possible, it's both possible, but I don't know which is the right one.

Also 3 faction mafia tells me there's 2 mafia teams. So if THM's buddy gets results for mafia, town and third party, which mafia does he get the result from? Both at the same time seems lame but then Victor is hosting, and on the other hand they might as well be part of the second mafia and can only get pizza from the first mafia :P
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby Campin_Killer on Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:05 am

Very funny victor.

Herk has officially confused me here.

Why does mafia eat pizza? I'm not mafia, but I love pizza
Upcoming Tournaments
NCAA Football
In the Trenches - 3 in sign-ups
13 Colonies
8 Thoughts
Africa

Highscore

Lieutenant Campin_Killer

Postby aage on Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:33 am

Campin_Killer wrote:Very funny victor.

SCUMMEH!!

Read Haggis' link ;)
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby theherkman on Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:46 am

Haggis_McMutton wrote:You and your "friend" can talk at night, correct? And his night action was to investigate me, correct? So how do you know the result? The result of night actions are sent when the night period is over, meaning he couldn't have told you what he got.
This means that you are either lying, or you cheated and talked during the day, in which case Sully should look into this. I'm pretty sure you are lying though.

Also:

This is totally admitting that he's in a faction. His later comment about town not being "black and white" and his comment during confirmation that his role is boring makes me seriously suspect the he was recruited N0.

Your mafiascum link clears me. I will make a longer post about it in a bit when I have time. But for now, I will say I was the one who pointed Jace22's comment out and analyzed it. All you did was notice my post. Also, the flavor cop link you gave has this: For fairness, the moderator should list the investigation results ahead of time.
MOD ABUSE LINKS
rdsrds2120
Andy/KingA

Private theherkman

Postby theherkman on Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:25 am

Haggis_McMutton wrote:I'm glad people aren't falling for this bullshit so easily.

As has been pointed out, this has so many holes it's ridiculous.

If you would like to point some holes out for me to clarify for you go right ahead. But don't start your post with "Zoinkers, everyone has already pointed out you are full of shit!" Because if this were true you wouldn't bother defending yourself.

Haggis_McMutton wrote:First of all, it would be highly irregular for people to have investigative abilities on N0 ESPECIALLY in a game where there seems to be a cult. Do you see how such a game would be basically impossible to balance? because there would be a great difference in the town's position based on what the cop got on N0?

Okay, so your first point is something that has nothing to do with me. That would be a question for the mod when the game is over. I have no idea about how often people can do things on N0. I've only had a N0 in one other game. I also have no idea about balance. I haven't ran a game yet. I have one in the works and if you read it, I set it up so I wouldn't have to deal with balance issues.

Haggis_McMutton wrote:Second, as has been pointed out, 3 factions. Why can you only detect one opposing faction?

Now your second point is something that would have to do with me. But your point is also based on a logical fallacy. I never said we could detect one faction. I never said we could detect all factions. To be honest, until I ask tomorrow night, I won't know. The important thing to notice here is that you assumed I could only detect one faction instead of all factions. Something I couldn't answer and ALSO something that shouldn't matter at this point.

Haggis_McMutton wrote:Third, You and your "friend" can talk at night, correct? And his night action was to investigate me, correct? So how do you know the result? The result of night actions are sent when the night period is over, meaning he couldn't have told you what he got.

This is your best point yet! Perhaps you should read the mafiascum link you posted here. You know, the one that suggests the mod give the results to flavor cops early?

Haggis_McMutton wrote:Now, let's do a thought experiment. We all know herk is an aggressive, risk-taking sort of player, and he has a lot of trust in his bullshitting ability. How do you imagine he would play a lyncher role against a relatively cautious player like me, who's unlikely to say anything too stupid and get lynched as a result.

Might he make a bullshit story up about how he got me as scum as soon as the game starts? After all at the beginning of D1, there obviously aren't any real cases, so people should jump at a cop claiming to have found scum, no matter how many holes the claim has, right?

This is even more funny that anything else you have said. You claim that I am a lyncher and that there are holes in my claim. Let's go over those holes you mentioned once again, shall we?

1. Has nothing to do with me.
2. Has nothing to do with me.
3. You proved me correct.

Were those the holes you were talking about?

Haggis_McMutton wrote:

Also:

Guess who pointed this out first, Haggis? Me.

Haggis_McMutton wrote:He didn't come up with the fruit thing. Remember the mafia wiki someone gave him in Briarsburg, and that he claims he read in it's entirety even finding the obscure punisher role in there?

Well: http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Flavor_Cop

MafiaScum Wiki wrote:The Caterer is a simple flavor cop that checks to see players' catering orders. He gets returned Pizza for Mafia, Donuts for Cop, and other food items for anyone else.

If anyone is interested, here is the link which says mods are encouraged to send flavor cop investigation results early.

aage wrote:Last post of Haggis pretty much links us to THM's buddy's role. I'll say this: its possible, it's both possible, but I don't know which is the right one.

Also 3 faction mafia tells me there's 2 mafia teams. So if THM's buddy gets results for mafia, town and third party, which mafia does he get the result from? Both at the same time seems lame but then Victor is hosting.

What post links us to my buddy's role? You mean the link?

Also, I have no idea where you are getting this from, man. But all I know about are donuts, banana splits, and pizza. I don't know anything about a third party. I also never mentioned I did...

Campin_Killer wrote:Very funny victor.

I always assumed it was because the mafia was Italian. :D

Hope this has cleared a few things up. I am very interested in hearing Haggis respond to this one since I successfully shot down his bullshit defense.
MOD ABUSE LINKS
rdsrds2120
Andy/KingA

Private theherkman

Postby aage on Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:57 am

theherkman wrote:
Haggis_McMutton wrote:I'm glad people aren't falling for this bullshit so easily.

theherkman wrote:
aage wrote:Last post of Haggis pretty much links us to THM's buddy's role. I'll say this: its possible, it's both possible, but I don't know which is the right one.

Also 3 faction mafia tells me there's 2 mafia teams. So if THM's buddy gets results for mafia, town and third party, which mafia does he get the result from? Both at the same time seems lame but then Victor is hosting.

Also, I have no idea where you are getting this from, man. But all I know about are donuts, banana splits, and pizza. I don't know anything about a third party. I also never mentioned I did...

cops, third party, who cares. The point is, your flavor cop only can see if someone is town or mafia, which is not something I'd expect in a 3 faction mafia.

As for your top question, I genuinely hope you are NOT serious. "what's the link? you mean the link?" srsly...

Hope this has cleared a few things up. I am very interested in hearing Haggis respond to this one since I successfully shot down his bullshit defense.

Ignorance and shooting down a defence are two different things, bro ;)
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby aage on Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:59 am

theherkman wrote:

cops, third party, who cares. The point is, your flavor cop only can see if someone is town or mafia, which is not something I'd expect in a 3 faction mafia.

As for your top question, I genuinely hope you are NOT serious. "what's the link? you mean the link?" srsly...

Ignorance and shooting down a defence are two different things, bro ;)
quote edit
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby theherkman on Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:05 am

I wasn't sure if you meant link (connection) or link (url).

I know they are two different things, I just think it is funny how all of the "holes" he found have nothing to do with me. And the one "hole" he could have used he provided a link that proved me right and himself wrong. Lol!
MOD ABUSE LINKS
rdsrds2120
Andy/KingA

Private theherkman

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives