Conquer Club

Asylum Mafia-Endgame-Cult Wins!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Asylum Mafia-Day 4-The end is near

Postby naxus on Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:53 pm

small prods and VC in the morning. Prods may happen later as the weekend is usually pretty dead post wise
Haggis_McMutton wrote:2. Anyone else find it kind of funny that naxus is NK'd right after insisting that we're all paranoid?
Corporal 1st Class naxus

Postby safariguy5 on Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:18 am

Um, I haven't seen much evidence one way or another that would definitively convict or clear edoc.
Captain safariguy5

Postby Commander9 on Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:37 am

safariguy5 wrote:Um, I haven't seen much evidence one way or another that would definitively convict or clear edoc.

There's not going to be any clear evidence. I personally would like to go after Edoc, but since there are no killing roles in the game anymore and I can activate the lightning rod to soak up the actions, I don't see any problems with going after someone else and lynching Edoc afterwards.
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby naxus on Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:29 pm

Vote count
Evilchaos(1)-Edoc
Edoc(1)-Snow

6 alive, 4 to lynch

Mass prod coming later today
Haggis_McMutton wrote:2. Anyone else find it kind of funny that naxus is NK'd right after insisting that we're all paranoid?
Corporal 1st Class naxus

Postby snowvillage on Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:07 pm

safariguy5 wrote:Um, I haven't seen much evidence one way or another that would definitively convict or clear edoc.

My vote on edoc remains planted like my soul to the earth, though safari subtly "defending" edoc seems to cast edoc in a brighter light since I suspect safari as well and do not think our foes would so clearly band together.
New Recruit snowvillage

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:12 pm

snowvillage wrote:

My vote on edoc remains planted like my soul to the earth, though safari subtly "defending" edoc seems to cast edoc in a brighter light since I suspect safari as well and do not think our foes would so clearly band together.

I don't think Safari saying that there is a lack of evidence constitutes a defense. Since I am still willing to test my day 1 hypothesis, and since snow has continued to misrepresent reality, I Will vote snowvillage.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby evilchaos on Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:58 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
snowvillage wrote:

I don't think Safari saying that there is a lack of evidence constitutes a defense. Since I am still willing to test my day 1 hypothesis, and since snow has continued to misrepresent reality, I Will vote snowvillage.

Eh. That's a sketchy post but I don't think it constitutes a vote.

I will vote for snow if he doesn't start posting detail analysis of players, though.

John Smith is the best!
Private evilchaos

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:56 am

Hardly defending edoc there. Where's you're evidence of me being scummy? I haven't seen a single quote to back up the accusation. Just more "gut feeling" stuff that doesn't fly in mafia.
Captain safariguy5

Postby Commander9 on Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:58 am

safariguy5 wrote:Hardly defending edoc there. Where's you're evidence of me being scummy? I haven't seen a single quote to back up the accusation. Just more "gut feeling" stuff that doesn't fly in mafia.

To be fair... I don't believe there's any evidence that would lead us somewhere for sure. While I'm not saying to go completely by gut feeling, in this type of situation it does matter.
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby snowvillage on Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:55 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
snowvillage wrote:

A storm of confusion, betrayal, and sheer disappointment is swiveling around me. The reactions to my post tell me that I have either been wrong about several of you or that I am not ready to walk among you. Of course Safari wasn't explicitly defending edoc. I specifically stressed this when I used the word "subtly" and put "defending" in quotes to emphasize a subtle level of support. I swear to the all mighty spirits of the earth that at least Safari or you, if not both, knew full well what I was implying.

safariguy5 wrote:Hardly defending edoc there. Where's you're evidence of me being scummy? I haven't seen a single quote to back up the accusation. Just more "gut feeling" stuff that doesn't fly in mafia.

I have said numerous times why I have suspected you from the very first time you claimed. I have quoted you on a couple of occasions and referenced those posts whenever mentioning my distrust for you. This web of illusion and deceit you are casting over my posts has grown old. "snow isn't posting evidence, it's all fluff, just gut feelings". I do not follow gut. I may seem lost in a haze of emotion, but my mind is acutely aware of what goes on. I will not repeat the reasons why I have doubted you, and I will not repeat my analysis of the other remaining players, at least not at this time.

evilchaos wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:
snowvillage wrote:

Eh. That's a sketchy post but I don't think it constitutes a vote.

I will vote for snow if he doesn't start posting detail analysis of players, though.

John Smith is the best!

Ah how I am thankful that my mind is at peace with you, for otherwise I might not control the passionate energy growing inside me. I have made my analyses in previous posts. Your failure to look beyond my peculiar characteristics is your own burden, not mine. Please look back to my posts and elaborate on what you do not understand. Ask me to clear up any analyses I made on players. But again, you using my unique personality to invalidate my relevant comments is counterproductive and wasting our time. It's unfortunate to hear you say the opposite, that I am using my personality to avoid posting relevant comments. It's also a shame that only two people this game have posted elaborate analyses far more intricate than my own, and one of them we lynched yesterday without a thought. You, evil, are the other one.

As I am a peaceful soul, I accept whatever fate comes before me from my brethren. I just wish to let you know that I am disappointed in the innocent townies among you who have been so impatient, stubborn, and afraid of engaging in a new way of thinking. I may be new to this world of yours, but I was quite experienced in the world I came from. I do not know which factions exist in this game, what possible roles are out there, what abilities any "evil" players may possess. As a result, all I have been able to depend on are behavioral clues. And despite all of you having a plethora of experience in this world, the sheer level of haste, hostility, and calls to OMGUS (as if players of your caliber would ever be so blunt) have done nothing but make me question why I didn't speak up earlier when two seemingly obvious innocents were lynched.

Regardless of what happens, I forgive you. I simply ask that next time, you keep a more open mind and learn the value of elaborate discussion. As I said, my previous world may be different than yours, but I believe certain skills developed there should easily translate to this one. Patience, and seeking towntells (as opposed to seeking scumtells) are two of them.

edoc, though I believe you to be against us, it seems as if I'm forced to side with you at this time based on the voting to come. Do you believe me to have a blackened soul? If not, I will take my vote off and call a truce.

I am not even aware if this is lylo or if we have a mislynch, but assuming the former, let my final guess be edoc and either safari or yoshi. For those of you who are even thinking of calling that an OMGUS, let me reiterate my disappointment. No, yoshi may have seen town to me at one point, but willing to vote me so soon on such a seemingly implausible misunderstanding casts a dark shadow over him. Though again, yoshi pushing on me after I push on edoc helps make edoc seem town. It's as if our enemies are trying to get edoc to side with them by "attacking" his enemy (i.e. me).
New Recruit snowvillage

Postby evilchaos on Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:16 am

snowvillage wrote:edoc, though I believe you to be against us, it seems as if I'm forced to side with you at this time based on the voting to come. Do you believe me to have a blackened soul? If not, I will take my vote off and call a truce.

I am tending to believe snow is town based on his last post and the obvious validity of his busdriver claim based on past night actions and their results. I do want to warn you not to make statements like this in the future, though, whether you are town or scum. Your voting should never depend on what the votee thinks of you. That has no bearing on anything, and only scum would care about keeping the players who like them around for longer periods of time.
Private evilchaos

Postby edocsil on Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:06 am

God, what a frustrating read with the walls of text. Snow, the idea in mafia is to take examples of someone doing something scummy and then make a case for lynching them. You can't go and say "I have already made my case and I think he is scum!" for 5 paragraphs. The PR is now really getting in the way. If you actually desire to make a future case drop the PR, and speak in plain speech, and fulfill your PR with a one liner like the others.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby snowvillage on Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:36 pm

evilchaos wrote:
snowvillage wrote:edoc, though I believe you to be against us, it seems as if I'm forced to side with you at this time based on the voting to come. Do you believe me to have a blackened soul? If not, I will take my vote off and call a truce.

I am tending to believe snow is town based on his last post and the obvious validity of his busdriver claim based on past night actions and their results. I do want to warn you not to make statements like this in the future, though, whether you are town or scum. Your voting should never depend on what the votee thinks of you. That has no bearing on anything, and only scum would care about keeping the players who like them around for longer periods of time.

On the contrary. Let your mind imagine a 3-way lylo where you wish to vote Player A, but Player B insists on voting you. At that point, you have no choice but to vote Player B and hope you were wrong about Player A. Also, I explicitly told edoc I still fos him but will unvote him out of necessity. Now he must decide. Does he risk voting me and possibly look scummy for it, or does he turn his attention elsewhere, possibly busing on a potential partner if he is indeed scum?

edocsil wrote:God, what a frustrating read with the walls of text. Snow, the idea in mafia is to take examples of someone doing something scummy and then make a case for lynching them. You can't go and say "I have already made my case and I think he is scum!" for 5 paragraphs. The PR is now really getting in the way. If you actually desire to make a future case drop the PR, and speak in plain speech, and fulfill your PR with a one liner like the others.

Your mind is unmovable, and your eyes unopenable. I have done all that I can, but you insist on ignoring me. I regret to say I cannot help you at this point, and refuse to exchange words on this issue with you further. All in all, I will be very disappointed if you are among the innocent. At the risk of betraying the voices of my heart and mind, however, I must unvote you out of survival, just as the child creatures of our planet would. My attention is now on safari and yoshi.

Unvote edocsil
New Recruit snowvillage

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:37 pm

snowvillage wrote:On the contrary. Let your mind imagine a 3-way lylo where you wish to vote Player A, but Player B insists on voting you. At that point, you have no choice but to vote Player B and hope you were wrong about Player A. Also, I explicitly told edoc I still fos him but will unvote him out of necessity. Now he must decide. Does he risk voting me and possibly look scummy for it, or does he turn his attention elsewhere, possibly busing on a potential partner if he is indeed scum?

Unvote edocsil

I don't understand what a 3-way lylo has anything to do with what is going on here. Also, how does edoc look scummy by voting you?

There is a lot you are not explaining very properly. From Me to You, My vote stays.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby snowvillage on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:34 am

DoomYoshi wrote:
snowvillage wrote:On the contrary. Let your mind imagine a 3-way lylo where you wish to vote Player A, but Player B insists on voting you. At that point, you have no choice but to vote Player B and hope you were wrong about Player A. Also, I explicitly told edoc I still fos him but will unvote him out of necessity. Now he must decide. Does he risk voting me and possibly look scummy for it, or does he turn his attention elsewhere, possibly busing on a potential partner if he is indeed scum?

Unvote edocsil

I don't understand what a 3-way lylo has anything to do with what is going on here. Also, how does edoc look scummy by voting you?

There is a lot you are not explaining very properly. From Me to You, My vote stays.

Confusion is not an excuse for hate or willingness to kill. The 3-way lylo was an example showing why other people's opinions can have bearing on a vote. If I believe someone to be scummy, but everyone else wants to lynch me, then I have no choice but to unvote the scummy player and cross with one of the people voting me. Open your mind and see the context, or are you intentionally feigning confusion and touting hackneyed retorts about the supposed irrelevance of my sayings?

I also said edoc would "possibly" look scummy voting me if he sees that my defense is impassioned and pure but votes me regardless. The innocent among you would be able to see if he's abusing the situation by continuing to vote me when he knows several others are voting me as well. On the other hand, if he's scum, then he knows I am not, and might be afraid to vote me lest my purity becomes obvious to more of you. His action will provide a foundry of information.

Yoshi, this haste that you're displaying at such a dire time is very concerning and casts an unpleasant shadow over you. If this is not a reaction test, then you are surely proving to be a major obstacle in our path to salvation, either intentionally as scum, or as a brazen, foolhardy townie. I do not take you as the latter.
New Recruit snowvillage

Postby evilchaos on Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:18 pm

snowvillage wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:

Unvote edocsil

Confusion is not an excuse for hate or willingness to kill. The 3-way lylo was an example showing why other people's opinions can have bearing on a vote. If I believe someone to be scummy, but everyone else wants to lynch me, then I have no choice but to unvote the scummy player and cross with one of the people voting me. Open your mind and see the context, or are you intentionally feigning confusion and touting hackneyed retorts about the supposed irrelevance of my sayings?

I also said edoc would "possibly" look scummy voting me if he sees that my defense is impassioned and pure but votes me regardless. The innocent among you would be able to see if he's abusing the situation by continuing to vote me when he knows several others are voting me as well. On the other hand, if he's scum, then he knows I am not, and might be afraid to vote me lest my purity becomes obvious to more of you. His action will provide a foundry of information.

Yoshi, this haste that you're displaying at such a dire time is very concerning and casts an unpleasant shadow over you. If this is not a reaction test, then you are surely proving to be a major obstacle in our path to salvation, either intentionally as scum, or as a brazen, foolhardy townie. I do not take you as the latter.

Not everyone who pressures you is scum...your OMGUS attitude throughout the game is pointless and does not help us win.

Instead of FOSing every single person who votes for you or questions you, why don't you scumhunt? kthxbye

I'm convinced snow is noobtown, albeit an annoying noobtown.

John Smith is better than us all!

Also, we should focus on someone other than snow. His claim is believable and was confirmed by night actions. He is a busdriver. He plays as noobtown. No scum would draw this much attention to themselves, noob or not. Our argument back and forth which involves him accusing everyone who posts of being scum is unhelpful and will lead to a town loss.
Private evilchaos

Postby snowvillage on Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:06 pm

evilchaos wrote:
snowvillage wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:

Unvote edocsil

Not everyone who pressures you is scum...your OMGUS attitude throughout the game is pointless and does not help us win.

Instead of FOSing every single person who votes for you or questions you, why don't you scumhunt? kthxbye

Also, we should focus on someone other than snow. His claim is believable and was confirmed by night actions. He is a busdriver. He plays as noobtown. No scum would draw this much attention to themselves, noob or not. Our argument back and forth which involves him accusing everyone who posts of being scum is unhelpful and will lead to a town loss.

Hey as long as you think I'm town, my soul is satiated. : P
New Recruit snowvillage

Postby evilchaos on Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:54 pm

snowvillage wrote:
evilchaos wrote:Not everyone who pressures you is scum...your OMGUS attitude throughout the game is pointless and does not help us win.

Hey as long as you think I'm town, my soul is satiated. : P

*Facepalm*

(John Smith is amazing!)
Private evilchaos

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:02 pm

evilchaos wrote:Also, we should focus on someone other than snow. His claim is believable and was confirmed by night actions. He is a busdriver. He plays as noobtown. No scum would draw this much attention to themselves, noob or not. Our argument back and forth which involves him accusing everyone who posts of being scum is unhelpful and will lead to a town loss.

False. His claim is believable, but it makes no sense from a setup perspective to have 3 town busdrivers. Especially if all 3 of the busdrivers would be made useless by the prescence of a lightning rod. Saying that scum will not draw attention to themselves is kind of wrong, and in fact borders on WIFOM. If scum do not focus attention on themselves, how can scumhunting ever work?
Major DoomYoshi

Postby safariguy5 on Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:50 am

DoomYoshi wrote:
evilchaos wrote:Also, we should focus on someone other than snow. His claim is believable and was confirmed by night actions. He is a busdriver. He plays as noobtown. No scum would draw this much attention to themselves, noob or not. Our argument back and forth which involves him accusing everyone who posts of being scum is unhelpful and will lead to a town loss.

False. His claim is believable, but it makes no sense from a setup perspective to have 3 town busdrivers. Especially if all 3 of the busdrivers would be made useless by the prescence of a lightning rod. Saying that scum will not draw attention to themselves is kind of wrong, and in fact borders on WIFOM. If scum do not focus attention on themselves, how can scumhunting ever work?

It doesn't just border on WIFOM, it IS WIFOM. Scum often act as active townies to not look like scummariners. Especially early on.
Captain safariguy5

Postby evilchaos on Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:00 pm

safariguy5 wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:

It doesn't just border on WIFOM, it IS WIFOM. Scum often act as active townies to not look like scummariners. Especially early on.

Asylum = crazyness. That's enough to explain away the 3 busdrivers in my opinion. It's possible one of them could have an additional power, but I'm convinced they're all at least busdrivers to some degree.

He had a believable name claim. I'm pretty sure I summed it up in another post, but he claimed the name of a real life hippie that actually drove a bus during one of the Hippie Movements in the '70s. Could you have come up with a believable name claim like that in your first game? Would you have even considered making up a false name when you claimed for your first time? (he was never pressured specifically for a name claim).

Yes, but scum usually try to appear as town as possible. We've told him several times that OMGUS is scummy. Scum would be very concerned about appearing scum in their first game, and would move to correct the slip so that he appears as townie as possible. Snow has continued OMGUS pressure and votes throughout the game. Classic noobtown in my opinion, who is instantly suspicious of everyone who pressures him.

Just because it's WIFOM doesn't mean it's incorrect. With noob players, you can be semi-certain that they aren't familiar enough with the game to think 3-4 moves ahead. If he is scum, I would be amazed. He has pulled off noobtown in spectacular fashion.

To get the game moving, why doesn't everyone make a list? Rank all players from Most Town to Most Scummy. Don't include yourself on your list, since that will lead to retarded WIFOM posts that really make no sense at all.

Most Town
Com9 (claimed Town Lightning Rod/Nexus; confirmed by flavor and PR)
Snow (claimed Town Busdriver; obvious noobtown attitude, believable nameclaim and PR)
Safari (claimed Town Busdriver; confirmed, if I remember correctly, but not 100% sure that he was confirmed)
Yoshi (claimed Town Jailkeeper; only this low due to POE really, not confirmed)
Edoc (claimed Town Roleblocker; confirmed a few days ago)
Most Scummy

John Smith is amazing! He is a saint! Do you think you're better than him? Of course not! He can conquer mountains! He could take over the world in exactly 8 days, 6 hours, 47 minutes, and 21 seconds! You don't believe me? And they said I'M the crazy one!
Private evilchaos

Postby safariguy5 on Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:22 pm

Here's my list

Most Town
Com9
Yoshi
Edoc
evilchaos
Snow
Most Scummy

Nothing personal evil, if I could weight these, Snow would be way down on the list. There's using a PR because you have to, then there's using a PR to make accusations.
Captain safariguy5

Postby evilchaos on Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:49 am

I'm curious as to the case on me Saf. I've had a confirmed role for the entire game that is only really useful for town. Why would cult have a recruiting mason?
Private evilchaos

Postby evilchaos on Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:49 am

evilchaos wrote:I'm curious as to the case on me Saf. I've had a confirmed role for the entire game that is only really useful for town. Why would cult have a recruiting mason?

EBWOP: John Smith is a beast! He's the best!

Sorry about that.
Private evilchaos

Postby naxus on Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:25 pm

Vote count
Evilchaos(1)-Edoc

6 alive, 4 to lynch

Deadline is this friday at midnight(Or when I get around to it)
Corporal 1st Class naxus

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives