Conquer Club

Resort Mafia Endgame, The Grand Finale

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Resort Mafia Endgame

Postby F1fth on Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:44 pm

/ wrote:shieldgenerator7 2.o kills F1fth with oneshot

What in holy hell.
<>---------------------------<>
......Come play CC Mafia,
.....where happiness lies
<>----------[Link]----------<>

REMEMBER NORSE // REMEMBER DANCING MUSTARD
Corporal F1fth

Re: Resort Mafia Endgame, The Grand Finale

Postby F1fth on Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:54 pm

This game was entirely within town's grasp, but two grave errors were made. I had a chance to save pancake or squirrel early on in the game, and I definitely chose wrong. I thought PCM more likely to be an investigative role I think because of Squirrel's PR.

The second mistake was shield wasting his one shot to not only take out a townie, but the doctor who had the ability to undo a lynch. I'm really not sure what motivated him to make a blind shot.

I'm not gonna say the scum groups didn't have the odds in their favor a bit, because they had some very powerful protections in place by the look of it, but we definitely could have won.

Great game as always, /. Very entertaining to participate in and watch. Thanks for modding.
<>---------------------------<>
......Come play CC Mafia,
.....where happiness lies
<>----------[Link]----------<>

REMEMBER NORSE // REMEMBER DANCING MUSTARD
Corporal F1fth

Postby ShaggyDan on Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:18 pm

Damn, I thought we had it in the bag for sure :(. *Bows down to Tal*.

Lol, I even thought that we might have had a spy as well within the conspiracy. We did, but even they didn't know it :P.

Here's the conspiracy's quicktopic if anyone wants to check it out: http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/dZ9NDijwZSt8

GG all.
Sergeant ShaggyDan

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:01 pm

F1fth wrote:This game was entirely within town's grasp, but two grave errors were made. I had a chance to save pancake or squirrel early on in the game, and I definitely chose wrong. I thought PCM more likely to be an investigative role I think because of Squirrel's PR.

The second mistake was shield wasting his one shot to not only take out a townie, but the doctor who had the ability to undo a lynch. I'm really not sure what motivated him to make a blind shot.

I'm not gonna say the scum groups didn't have the odds in their favor a bit, because they had some very powerful protections in place by the look of it, but we definitely could have won.

Great game as always, /. Very entertaining to participate in and watch. Thanks for modding.

Good game!

F1fth, at the time, you were my number 1 suspect because of the lack of other leads and your D1 voting pattern (constantly switching votes to players who already had votes on them), and so when I heard saf might use his ability on me, I panicked (I didn't want to waste my one-shot) and so I thought I could "be a hero" and take a baddie, but it turned out I got the paramedic. Drunk bartenders, dude, watch out for them. That did not go well as planned. And then i couldn't fess up to it, because it would get me lynched (but I got lynched anyways, because I forgot to send in my night actions on Com9).

Interesting game. tal, you fooled us all. I think your PR was just the get-up you needed to appear pro-town. Though I thought your role was a super rich person rather than a magician.

Good game everyone.
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV

My Smiley: ( :) ) --- it's got SHIELDS!

everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.
Sergeant shieldgenerator7

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:09 am

shieldgenerator7 wrote:
F1fth wrote:This game was entirely within town's grasp, but two grave errors were made. I had a chance to save pancake or squirrel early on in the game, and I definitely chose wrong. I thought PCM more likely to be an investigative role I think because of Squirrel's PR.

Good game!

F1fth, at the time, you were my number 1 suspect because of the lack of other leads and your D1 voting pattern (constantly switching votes to players who already had votes on them), and so when I heard saf might use his ability on me, I panicked (I didn't want to waste my one-shot) and so I thought I could "be a hero" and take a baddie, but it turned out I got the paramedic. Drunk bartenders, dude, watch out for them. That did not go well as planned. And then i couldn't fess up to it, because it would get me lynched (but I got lynched anyways, because I forgot to send in my night actions on Com9).

Interesting game. tal, you fooled us all. I think your PR was just the get-up you needed to appear pro-town. Though I thought your role was a super rich person rather than a magician.

Good game everyone.

I just don't understand how you could have an opportunity to investigate someone and fail to do so. As cop, even an innocent result is hugely important in late game when you're trying to figure out who scum are.

Personally, I would have played Vio's role more aggressively, but that's a difference in opinion. A tactical mistake I think for you to not investigate Com9 when you had the chance.

That and then panic vigging someone on extremely circumstantial evidence. If you had gotten a guilty result on someone, that was the perfect vig target without forcing to reveal yourself.
Captain safariguy5

Postby Talapus on Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:49 am

shieldgenerator7 wrote:Interesting game. tal, you fooled us all. I think your PR was just the get-up you needed to appear pro-town. Though I thought your role was a super rich person rather than a magician.

Good game everyone.

Oh, I was rich, I just played that up a hell of a lot more then I played up the magician part. I also dropped the russian crap damn fast after the game started as I feared for my safety. Once I was targeted during the first day I realized I was draweing too much attention(Although, one shot vig or not it's never a good idea to try to take someone out so early without knowing who or what they are). Then once I saw the first murder I pulled off in the scene the magical aspects concerned me. So, I just played the rich, better then all of you, pompous ass and pulled it off rather well. With other performers dying, I assumed I would be safe if I just kept claiming I was here to preform a show after something happened, but of course nothing ever was going to happen. So then I shifted my anger towards management and tried to convince the rest of you it's all their fault. Once I did that, and I made sure my apprentice was in the bag, I had a good fuzzzy warm feeling for the remainder of the game...LOL
DoomYoshi wrote:
vote talapus

You lying sack of cunt!
Corporal Talapus

Postby Talapus on Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:47 am

ShaggyDan wrote:Damn, I thought we had it in the bag for sure :(. *Bows down to Tal*.

Lol, I even thought that we might have had a spy as well within the conspiracy. We did, but even they didn't know it :P.

Here's the conspiracy's quicktopic if anyone wants to check it out: http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/dZ9NDijwZSt8
GG all.

Wow, after reading the quick topic all I can say is it's a damn good thing I chose evil for my apprentice. Man did you ever push hard against me all that game...lol. It's ok, I was wiped out night one in two large games recently because people don't trust me.....sad day. But it was still fun.
DoomYoshi wrote:
vote talapus

You lying sack of cunt!
Corporal Talapus

Previous

Return to Mafia Archives